HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,995
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 35
Rick H 18
Daryl 4
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, 1 invisible), 1,371 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: Theophilus] #193551
01/25/21 07:48 PM
01/25/21 07:48 PM
R
RighteousnessBF  Offline OP
Vancouver
No brother it is not. God bless.

Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: RighteousnessBF] #193559
01/27/21 07:39 PM
01/27/21 07:39 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The last pope ---
The last president ---

How many have attempted to determine this?

Now, I would never say a present pope or president are not the last ---- they MIGHT BE.
But that's very different than saying they are the last -- they MIGHT NOT BE.

We are very, very near the end --
The final stages will be rapid ones ---
Things can change in a matter of days.
What is here today, may not be here tomorrow.

What may, or may not be of interest is the understanding of some Catholics concerning an endtime pope, these Catholics also call themselves the "remnant".

They think their church (the Catholic church) is in huge apostacy, departing from the Catholic faith.
There's the "third secret" of Fatima, that is only half revealed, and other messages from "mary" that they believe to be prophetic.
?In the Third Secret it is foretold, among other things,
that the great apostasy in the Church will begin at the top?
They see the council of Vatican II as their church heading down into apostacy, and that the Fatima secret was a warning from "Mary" given just before it commenced. They are NOT happy with the way things are in their church -- and are saying the apostacy is reaching it's height.
The messages from "Mary" say their church will receive a great chastising to purify it, also the whole world would be involved in terrible calamities. The message has the pope being set upon by weapon bearing people. But in the end a "new" pope will walk through the carnage of the world, bearing the cross, having the true catholic faith and people would respond and restoration would come. That's what they're understanding.

The thing is -- we don't know all the details
We don't know how long the the present pope will continue, or if another will be set up.
There are some in Adventism, who think the "eighth head" "who is of the seven" will be a "resurrected" pope John Paul II, personated by a fallen angel, and will be there to greet "Christ" which will be satan personating Christ.
They can still calculate that by just excluding the pope of 1929 and start with the one's who were actually inaugurated in the new state.

We've had so many people counting popes (and presidents) from all angles, saying this or that is the last, and failed to be right. Those types of private interpretations only bring doubts and cast contempt upon prophecy because of all the failures.

Yes, some time very soon it will be the last pope and he probably will welcome the false christ. The present pope COULD BE earth's last, he's certainly setting things up for the final crises -- but if he isn't, it should not in the least affect our faith that what has been revealed in scripture will take place.

The stately fair person EGW writes about? She tells us who it is --
"stately, fair person, whom all the passengers looked up to and reverenced. I was perplexed and asked my attending angel who it was. He said, "It is Satan".

Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: dedication] #193569
01/28/21 10:50 PM
01/28/21 10:50 PM
R
Vancouver
Originally Posted by dedication
The last pope ---

The stately fair person EGW writes about? She tells us who it is --
"stately, fair person, whom all the passengers looked up to and reverenced. I was perplexed and asked my attending angel who it was. He said, "It is Satan".

I never said anything about the last president so keep it straight here, will you? I am quoting biblical and Testimonial facts so why do you only use your own words to support your attack? Are you the last word?

I am praying to the Father for the words here because you are obviously hostile and very condescending in this comment, and since you seem to rule with an iron first around here I apparently need to be careful with how you lord your position, or I might get banned for showing how banal this statement really was.

Yes, she (the Lord's servant Ellen White) tells us who it is in the vision. "it is Satan". But are you going to tell me that everyone will know that it is Satan? What other intent could this statement of yours have?

The Early Writings quote that this statement is taken from has three main points.

The world will be led with lightning speed to "PERDITION" by Satan through the "stately fair person the world looks up to in reverence" appearing as an "angel of light".

Let's unpack this.

The Dragon is Satan. He works through Rome in Revelation 12. Are you with me so far? All of the reformers claimed this and so does Mrs. White.

We follow the seat of the dragon (Throne of Caesar) to find out who the entities in Rev 12, 13 & 17 are. When the seat is received, then controlled by the pope, e.g. the person who received the seat of the Dragon, we can see who Satan is working through... get it?

What is the main theme of identifying the antichrist who leads the world to "perdition" in the last-day prophecies?

The main theme is that Satan wants the world to worship him, and he gets the worship that he craves through the pope in the last days. (do your own research Adventist)

The "stately fair person the world looks up to in REVERENCE" (look up that word) is obviously the pope. Unless you think another entity fits the bill of the whole world wondering after him? It makes me wonder if you are really an Adventist with the way that you argue here, but I will suffer your insolence a bit longer.

When the angel says this person that the world looks up to is Satan, this means that this man is fully possessed of Satan. Unless you don't think possession is still a valid biblical premise, in which case I would love to hear your position on how this man could be Satan appearing as an angel of light? You don't offer this, you just speak condescendingly with your own words like a tyrant. But here, you're the moderator, right?

So the eighth king of Revelation 17:11 leads the world to "perdition" and this stately fair person leads the world to "Perdition" but since you think that this is unworthy to even be discussed let us all hear how you poopoo the concept yet only use your own words to defend your banality? Interesting.

[Linked Image]

I had heard how hard it is to reason with the moderators here, but man...

Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: RighteousnessBF] #193570
01/28/21 11:20 PM
01/28/21 11:20 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
RighteousnessBF,

This forum has had a rich history of people coming here to use it as their bully pulpit to promulgate their own fanatical beliefs. Among these, we have often had people claiming to predict the future, or saying things like that Obama would be the last president, etc. According to one member posting here, Jesus was predicted to have come already a few years ago. Those predictions have been made and the dates have come and gone, apparently uneventfully. Even some big influencers within the Adventist community worldwide have fallen into the trap of trying to set times.

Because of this past history, perhaps we are oversensitive on the issue. Mrs. White is clear that after 1844 there were to be no more times given as a part of our message. So, to protect people from these false prophets, we have had to become more strict on our moderation so that these false prophecies are not given place on this forum. Mrs. White tells us plainly that the influence of such prophecies is harmful, and will result in the loss of souls. Should we not, then, be careful to prevent this?

Please be patient with us as we seek to fulfill our duties here. We do have our own opinions, too, and we're not always correct. I, for one, am willing to listen wherever I do not already have a clear "thus saith the Lord" by which to know that someone is not speaking in harmony with the Bible.

Remember, too, that though we are not perfect, and we sometimes may come off sounding impatient or hasty--and perhaps we are at times--we do encourage everyone participating here to do their best to be courteous and civil toward others, even as Christ would have us to be.

I don't believe that Dedication was specifically addressing your post--she was simply reiterating some points that seemed important to her mind at that moment, possibly anticipating (rightly or wrongly) the direction this conversation might go. Usually when she has something specific that she is addressing, she'll quote it in her response, or at least make a reference to it. In this case, I think she was not addressing your points so much as making a few of her own.

Feel free to disagree--we moderators don't always agree among ourselves; but please remember that a kind spirit makes a big difference in a conversation.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: Green Cochoa] #193585
01/30/21 06:07 PM
01/30/21 06:07 PM
R
Vancouver
Originally Posted by Green Cochoa
RighteousnessBF,

This forum has had a rich history of people coming here to use it as their bully pulpit to promulgate their own fanatical beliefs. Among these, we have often had people claiming to predict the future, or saying things like that Obama would be the last president, etc. According to one member posting here, Jesus was predicted to have come already a few years ago. Those predictions have been made and the dates have come and gone, apparently uneventfully. Even some big influencers within the Adventist community worldwide have fallen into the trap of trying to set times.

Because of this past history, perhaps we are oversensitive on the issue. Mrs. White is clear that after 1844 there were to be no more times given as a part of our message. So, to protect people from these false prophets, we have had to become more strict on our moderation so that these false prophecies are not given place on this forum. Mrs. White tells us plainly that the influence of such prophecies is harmful, and will result in the loss of souls. Should we not, then, be careful to prevent this?

Please be patient with us as we seek to fulfill our duties here. We do have our own opinions, too, and we're not always correct. I, for one, am willing to listen wherever I do not already have a clear "thus saith the Lord" by which to know that someone is not speaking in harmony with the Bible.

Remember, too, that though we are not perfect, and we sometimes may come off sounding impatient or hasty--and perhaps we are at times--we do encourage everyone participating here to do their best to be courteous and civil toward others, even as Christ would have us to be.

I don't believe that Dedication was specifically addressing your post--she was simply reiterating some points that seemed important to her mind at that moment, possibly anticipating (rightly or wrongly) the direction this conversation might go. Usually when she has something specific that she is addressing, she'll quote it in her response, or at least make a reference to it. In this case, I think she was not addressing your points so much as making a few of her own.

Feel free to disagree--we moderators don't always agree among ourselves; but please remember that a kind spirit makes a big difference in a conversation.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

I respect this response. In the name of Jesus, amen.

I love the SDA church, the Testimonies, and the path of the pioneers. From the moment that I wake up each day, through the duties of life until I sleep, I eat, drink, and breathe the Spirit of God.

I too am very wary of those who would time set and attack the church like cancer from within.

The Holy Spirit testifies to the truth of this issue. I am amazed how few of the brethren take the position of the pioneers on this issue.

If the pioneers specifically claimed that their understanding of the seven heads of Revelation is part of the three angels' messages then would it not also be part of the Loud Cry repeat of these messages? How do the pastors and laymen account for this lost portion of the original proclamation? Were the pioneers misled by the Spirit to proclaim this?

Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: RighteousnessBF] #193586
01/30/21 06:19 PM
01/30/21 06:19 PM
R
Vancouver
In advocating the view that the seven heads of the dragon of Revelation 12... represent seven forms of government that have existed in the Roman Empire, the writer deems it necessary to remind the reader that he is not dealing in novelties. He is not introducing a new view to appeal to the curiosity of the reader, and to cater to the not always healthy excitement of pursuing a line of thought because it is strange. But the view which will be advocated in this paper is one that has characterized the Adventist movement from the beginning, through the first, second, and third messages, to the present time, and is only beginning within a few years to be called in question. . Nor can the view be said to be peculiar to Adventists in its historical aspect, - a scheme devised by them to meet their peculiar views of prophecy, -for scholars declared before the Adventist movement began, that Rome had presented to the world, as a unique and marvelous feature of history, seven distinct forms of government. All that the Adventists did, was to say, as the most natural thing in the world, that if Rome did have seven forms of government, the seven heads of the dragon, which was a symbol of Rome, must be designed to represent that fact? one of the earliest Protestant commentators, Osiander, as early as 1511, names the whole seven as we have them; namely, Kings, Consuls, Decemvirs, Dictators, Triumvirs, Emperors, and Popes, as the forms of Roman government represented by the seven heads of the dragon of Revelation 12... Adventists, under the first message, at once adopted this view.? {Uriah Smith; The Seven Heads of Revelation}

Is this a lie?

Did Elder Smith not speak for the whole Adventist Movement here when he said that he did?

Why did Mrs. White not rebuke this statement?

Why do you and every other person who contends with this issue not support the pioneers who presented the Three Angels Messages in the power of the Holy Spirit?

Do you believe the end time church today have more light than the Pioneers did when proclaiming the Three Angels Messages?

How does YOUR teaching fit with this message?

If we could systematically come to a consensus here then we could be on common ground, because the Holy Spirit continually gives me support for this statement yet not one pastor will even attempt to publically test this message which opens a whole new understanding of present truth which is supported by current events.

How many people here would even attempt this? To go against the grain of the current teachings makes you a pariah today. I have been persecuted for this teaching. Praise God.

Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: RighteousnessBF] #193587
01/30/21 06:23 PM
01/30/21 06:23 PM
R
Vancouver
How is claiming that Pope Francis is the eighth king of Revelation 17 "time setting"?

If you teach that the seven (8) heads are different dispensations would this not also be 'time setting' in a broader sense in the same way?

Each pope could live 2 days or ten thousand after their election. God sets the time of their death does He not?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/25/24 04:33 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/22/24 09:07 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 09/26/24 05:49 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by ProdigalOne. 09/23/24 12:28 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!