HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,973
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 28
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 3 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 32 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 31 32
Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Tom] #101163
07/24/08 06:31 PM
07/24/08 06:31 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
Tom, regarding your posts #101117, 101118, and 101119 you wrote - Where did I say this? It takes too long to go back and find the quotes. Please just address the points. Thank you.

The point is, I never said these things. That's why I asked you to show me where, because you can't. It's not that it would take too long, but that it can't be done.

You state that I believe this, I believe that when the things you say do not even remotely address how I think, which is how I know I didn't say these things. I read what you say, and think to myself, "How could I have said this? I don't think this way."

Regarding your questions, to 1., I do not believe the thief on the cross was perfect. I do not believe he was ready for translation. I believe he was ready for death, by virtue of accepting Christ as His personal Savior. Had he lived longer, I believe he would have had sins to overcome, just like other Christians.

Regarding 2, no, they won't be reclassified. Regarding their being crucified, they were crucified on the cross.

Regarding 3, I believe God reveals truth as quickly as we are willing and able to respond to it. I agree with what Rosangela has been saying in regards to this.

Regarding 4, sins of ignorance are sins committed without being aware either that one is doing the sin, or that the thing being done is a sin. A cultivated sinful trait of character is a cherished sin.

Regarding 5, I already treated half of this. To the hereditary part, these are things passed to us genetically, or by non-genetic pre-natal influence, which predispose us to respond to certain temptations.

For your convenience, here are your questions:

Quote:
1. Do you believe the thief took certain uncrucified cultivated sinful traits of character with him to the grave? If not, do you believe he confessed and crucified all of his cultivated sinful traits and habits before he died?

2. Do you believe after the resurrection that all uncrucified cultivated sinful traits of character will be reclassified as "morally mature"? If not, will they still be considered sinful? If so, how and when will they be crucified?

3. Do you believe the Holy Spirit gradually make born again believers aware that certain of their habits and cultivated traits of character are sinful? And, does He expect them to confess and crucify them after they are convicted of the truth?

4. How do you define the difference between sins of ignorance and cultivated sinful traits of character?

5. How do you define the difference between inherited traits of character and cultivated traits of character?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Tom] #101190
07/28/08 08:36 PM
07/28/08 08:36 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Hey,

Just a quick note to say I'm out and about and will be unable post very often for the next few weeks.

Blessings,

Mike

Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Mountain Man] #101491
08/11/08 06:08 PM
08/11/08 06:08 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
1. Tom, did the thief take certain cultivated sinful traits to the grave? What do you mean by "sins to overcome"?

2. What do you mean by "crucified on the cross"?

3. Is revealing the truth and revealing cultivated sinful traits of character the same thing?

4. Are people born again with cultivated sinful traits of character?

5. Are people guilty of sinning because they possess inherited traits of character? Did Jesus possess them?

Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Mountain Man] #101513
08/12/08 04:47 AM
08/12/08 04:47 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
1. Tom, did the thief take certain cultivated sinful traits to the grave? What do you mean by "sins to overcome"?

Unless he was sinless, he would have had to, wouldn't he?

Quote:
2. What do you mean by "crucified on the cross"?

You didn't provide any context, but my guess would be I meant being crucified.

Quote:
3. Is revealing the truth and revealing cultivated sinful traits of character the same thing?

No.

Quote:
4. Are people born again with cultivated sinful traits of character?

Are people born again sinless? I simply don't understand how you can confuse "believe in Christ" with "must be sinless" (unless I'm confused here, and am misunderstanding you; it certainly seems like your idea is that you must be perfect before you can be born again).

Quote:
5. Are people guilty of sinning because they possess inherited traits of character?

People are guilty of sinning when they do something they know is wrong.

Quote:
Did Jesus possess them?

This is an odd question. I suppose you could say He did in that He became sin for us. Is this what you were thinking?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Tom] #101544
08/13/08 04:33 PM
08/13/08 04:33 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
1. What do you mean by "sins to overcome"?

1. What do you mean by "sinless"?

2. What do you mean "they [the uncrucified cultivated sinful traits the thief took with him to the grave] were crucified on the cross"?

3. What is the difference, in light of your posts above, between "revealing the truth and revealing cultivated sinful traits of character"?

4. What do you mean by "born again sinless"?

4. Are people born again sinful?

5. Is it a sin to possess inherited (uncultivated) traits of character?

5. How do people know when they are doing something wrong?

5. Did Jesus inherit the same traits of character we inherit at conception?

Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Mountain Man] #101576
08/14/08 12:10 AM
08/14/08 12:10 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
1. What do you mean by "sins to overcome"?

Unknown sins.

Quote:
1. What do you mean by "sinless"?

Without sin; not having any sins.

Quote:
2. What do you mean "they [the uncrucified cultivated sinful traits the thief took with him to the grave] were crucified on the cross"?

I don't remember.

Quote:
3. What is the difference, in light of your posts above, between "revealing the truth and revealing cultivated sinful traits of character"?

Truth encompasses more than simply sinful traits of character.

Quote:
4. What do you mean by "born again sinless"?

Born again without any sins.

Quote:
4. Are people born again sinful?

No. "Sinful" implies willful disobedience. "Sinless" implies more than "not sinful."

Quote:
5. Is it a sin to possess inherited (uncultivated) traits of character?

How could this be sin?

Quote:

5. How do people know when they are doing something wrong?

Their conscience and the Holy Spirit.

Quote:
5. Did Jesus inherit the same traits of character we inherit at conception?

If this is a nature of Christ question, you know I'm post-lapsarian. If you have something else in mind, you'll have to clarify.

Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Tom] #101629
08/15/08 03:09 PM
08/15/08 03:09 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
By "sinless", then, do you mean they have 1) no cultivated sinful traits to confess and crucify, and 2) no sins of ignorance to discover and crucify? Or, can they be viewed as "sinless", in the eyes of God, if they have no cultivated sinful traits of character to crucify but still sin ignorantly or unwittingly?

You say the thief took certain cultivated sinful traits of character with him to the grave, but you haven't clearly explained what will become of them in the resurrection. Will Jesus change them or crucify them in the resurrection? If not, what will become of them?

Since it is not a sin to possess uncultivated inherited traits of character, then is it correct to conclude Jesus inherited them and possessed them to, that He was not tainted or sinful because He had them? If so, can this also be applied to uncultivated inherited sinful tendencies, inclinations, propensities? That is, did Jesus also inherit them like we do? Does anyone incur guilt and condemnation because they inherit them?

Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Mountain Man] #101657
08/16/08 01:57 AM
08/16/08 01:57 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
By "sinless", then, do you mean they have 1) no cultivated sinful traits to confess and crucify, and 2) no sins of ignorance to discover and crucify?

Let's run the video tape:

Quote:

Unless he was sinless, he would have had to, wouldn't he?

It looks like the context is "cultivated sinful traits," doesn't it?

Quote:
Or, can they be viewed as "sinless", in the eyes of God, if they have no cultivated sinful traits of character to crucify but still sin ignorantly or unwittingly?

Try using other language please.

Quote:
You say the thief took certain cultivated sinful traits of character with him to the grave, but you haven't clearly explained what will become of them in the resurrection. Will Jesus change them or crucify them in the resurrection? If not, what will become of them?

I think what happened is I asked you a question, which you didn't answer. A person can have a cultivated trait of which he is ignorant. I think this may be what's missing.

Quote:
Since it is not a sin to possess uncultivated inherited traits of character, then is it correct to conclude Jesus inherited them and possessed them to, that He was not tainted or sinful because He had them?

This is unfamiliar language to me. I would say that Jesus Christ took upon Him the same flesh we have, with the temptations common to man, that are passed genetically.

Quote:
If so, can this also be applied to uncultivated inherited sinful tendencies, inclinations, propensities? That is, did Jesus also inherit them like we do? Does anyone incur guilt and condemnation because they inherit them?

As previous response.

Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Tom] #101687
08/16/08 07:40 PM
08/16/08 07:40 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Okay, then what will happen to the uncrucified cultivated sinful traits of character the thief took with him to the grave when Jesus returns and resurrects him?

Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Mountain Man] #101693
08/17/08 12:01 AM
08/17/08 12:01 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I'm assuming you're talking about things the thief didn't know about. He will be told about them.

Page 17 of 32 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 31 32

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by dedication. 09/18/24 12:45 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!