HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,216
Posts195,933
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 22
kland 17
asygo 4
Daryl 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
8 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 3 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 32 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 31 32
Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Mountain Man] #102342
09/04/08 06:24 PM
09/04/08 06:24 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Wouldn't a person with no uncrucified sinful habits be perfect? So aren't you asking if a person who is born again is perfect?

Another way of addressing your question is that you are implying Rosangela wasn't born again at the time this happened. I disagree with this idea.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Mountain Man] #102343
09/04/08 06:44 PM
09/04/08 06:44 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
I'm not sure I understand what you believe about "other unknown traits". In comparing them to your Sabbath example, are you referring to sins of ignorance only? Or, are you also talking about cultivated sinful traits of character?

The entire discussion is in reference to sins of ignorance. For example, Rosangela said she had "a vague notion." This is a reference to a sin of ignorance.

Quote:
Let's take another example, the one you brought up about spontaneously loving others. Now since you believe a person who is born again may not have this, I expect you believe a person could die and go to heaven without having this, or else being born again would not be sufficient for going to heaven, which I doubt you would assert. So what happens in heaven? Won't this person spontaneously love others? So did his character change?

Actually, what I said was newborn babes in Christ are not usually born again mature enough to have experience described in the following quote consistently, that they usually backslide from time to time until they gain enough momentum and experience to do it "constantly and spontaneously":

So it's not something that the born again person has. So I repeat my questions. What happens in heaven? Does the person in heaven now spontaneously and consistently love others? Is he given a shot of momentum at the resurrection? Does his character change?

Regarding the thief on the cross, I agree with EGW's comments.

I believe he was converted, but not perfect. For example, I've been discussing cursing on another thread. I described to Arnold a process whereby one goes from cursing to not cursing. I won't repeat it here, as I'm assuming you've seen it (if you want me to post it, I will). It seems likely to me that the thief on the cross would have used cursed words. It seems unlikely to me that he would have at his conversion been instantly changed so that he wouldn't even think of these words.

I wouldn't characterize this as an uncrucified habit though. I would characterize it as something that he would have needed to work on, and which he would have overcome with time, which he didn't have.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Tom] #102402
09/07/08 05:25 PM
09/07/08 05:25 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
 Originally Posted By: Tom
Wouldn't a person with no uncrucified sinful habits be perfect? So aren't you asking if a person who is born again is perfect?

Yes to the first question, and no to the last one.

Another way of addressing your question is that you are implying Rosangela wasn't born again at the time this happened. I disagree with this idea.

Rosangela confessed - "I had a vague notion it was sinful, but since I was suffering I thought I had the right to indulge it." Can born again believers justify sinning? Of course they can. Being born again doesn't mean losing the ability to sin. However, born again believers do not justify or excuse sinful behavior while abiding in Jesus. Instead, they reign in their sinful tendencies. "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not." 1 John 3:6.

I'm sure Rosangela agrees with these insights.

Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Mountain Man] #102404
09/07/08 06:21 PM
09/07/08 06:21 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:

M:Yes to the first question, and no to the last one.

Your question is if people are born again with uncrucified sinful habits. Since you say the answer to the question "Wouldn't a person with no uncrucified sinful habits be perfect?" as "Yes," it's pretty easy to see that your question, "Is a born again person born with uncrucified sinful habits?" is indeed asking if such a person is perfect.

Regarding Rosangela and self-pity, your theology would demand that Rosangela was not converted. I doubt Rosangela would agree with this. You could ask her.

Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Mountain Man] #102405
09/07/08 06:33 PM
09/07/08 06:33 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The entire discussion is in reference to sins of ignorance. For example, Rosangela said she had "a vague notion." This is a reference to a sin of ignorance.

Here's how she stated the matter - "I had a vague notion it was sinful, but since I was suffering I thought I had the right to indulge it." It doesn't sound to me like she was ignorant. Instead, it sounds like she was excusing it.

MM: Actually, what I said was newborn babes in Christ are not usually born again mature enough to have the experience described in the following quote consistently, that they usually backslide from time to time until they gain enough momentum and experience to do it "constantly and spontaneously":

TE: So it's not something that the born again person has. So I repeat my questions. What happens in heaven? Does the person in heaven now spontaneously and consistently love others? Is he given a shot of momentum at the resurrection? Does his character change?

Character is the result of conscious, repetitious choices and corresponding behavior. This takes time. So, in the case of believers who die the day they experience rebirth, I suppose it is safe to say the character they are resurrected with is limited in comparison to the character Paul will be raised up with. They will gain the momentum and develop the traits of character in heaven they didn't have time to here. But the point is they will not come up with uncrucified sinful traits of character.

What do you think of the following insights:

Quote:
1. Any one act, either good or evil, does not form the character; but thoughts and feelings indulged prepare the way for acts and deeds of the same kind. It is . . . by a repetition of acts that habits are established and character confirmed. (CG 199)

2. It is not through one act that the character is formed, but by a repetition of acts that habits are established and character confirmed. (ST 4-30-1894)

3. Character does not come by chance. It is not determined by one out-burst of temper, one step in the wrong direction. It is the repetition of the act that causes it to become habit, and molds the character either for good or for evil. (CG 164)

4. A well-balanced character is formed by single acts well performed. One defect, cultivated instead of being overcome, makes the man imperfect, and closes against him the gate of the Holy City. (FLB 44)

I'm especially interested in your thoughts on #4 above. I hear her saying one uncrucified defective trait of character closes the gates of heaven. How does this tie in with your idea that people often go into the grave with uncrucified defective traits of character?

Regarding the thief on the cross, I agree with EGW's comments. I believe he was converted, but not perfect. For example, I've been discussing cursing on another thread. I described to Arnold a process whereby one goes from cursing to not cursing. I won't repeat it here, as I'm assuming you've seen it (if you want me to post it, I will). It seems likely to me that the thief on the cross would have used cursed words. It seems unlikely to me that he would have at his conversion been instantly changed so that he wouldn't even think of these words.

Are you saying the thief might have been guilty of cursing in his mind? Or, are you saying curse words might have entered his mind as temptations? Certainly it is not a sin to be tempted to own the curse words that enter the mind.

I wouldn't characterize this as an uncrucified habit though. I would characterize it as something that he would have needed to work on, and which he would have overcome with time, which he didn't have.

What do you mean by "overcome"? I thought overcoming something meant keeping it under the control of a sanctified will and mind. It sounds like you are implying it means reaching a point where it no longer comes into mind, no longer tempts.

Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Tom] #102406
09/07/08 06:53 PM
09/07/08 06:53 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
TE: Wouldn't a person with no uncrucified sinful habits be perfect? So aren't you asking if a person who is born again is perfect?

MM: Yes to the first question, and no to the last one.

TE: Your question is if people are born again with uncrucified sinful habits. Since you say the answer to the question "Wouldn't a person with no uncrucified sinful habits be perfect?" as "Yes," it's pretty easy to see that your question, "Is a born again person born with uncrucified sinful habits?" is indeed asking if such a person is perfect.

My question on this thread is - Will Jesus change our character when He returns?

But, yes, I believe people who experience rebirth in God's appointed way are born again without cultivated sinful traits of character. True, they are born again with sinful flesh nature, but they are not born again with their former sinful traits of character, that is, they do not practice the same sinful habits they cultivated before they experienced rebirth. "The sins that were practiced before conversion, are to be put off, with the old man." SD 300.

Regarding Rosangela and self-pity, your theology would demand that Rosangela was not converted. I doubt Rosangela would agree with this. You could ask her.

Again, being born again or converted does not mean people lose the ability to excuse or indulge sin. Indeed, only people who are abiding in Jesus are truly free to sin. People who are not abiding in Jesus cannot not sin. “All that man can do without Christ is polluted with selfishness and sin.” (SC 59) Believers must choose daily, moment by moment, to abide in Jesus; otherwise, they are no better off than before they were reborn, no better off than unbelievers.

Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Mountain Man] #102417
09/07/08 11:25 PM
09/07/08 11:25 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
Here's how she stated the matter - "I had a vague notion it was sinful, but since I was suffering I thought I had the right to indulge it." It doesn't sound to me like she was ignorant. Instead, it sounds like she was excusing it.

Didn't she volunteer this as an example of a sin of ignorance?

Quote:
Character is the result of conscious, repetitious choices and corresponding behavior. This takes time. So, in the case of believers who die the day they experience rebirth, I suppose it is safe to say the character they are resurrected with is limited in comparison to the character Paul will be raised up with. They will gain the momentum and develop the traits of character in heaven they didn't have time to here. But the point is they will not come up with uncrucified sinful traits of character.

What does "gain momentum" mean? How is what you're saying here different than my position? (You may wish to quote something I've said).

Quote:
I hear her saying one uncrucified defective trait of character closes the gates of heaven. How does this tie in with your idea that people often go into the grave with uncrucified defective traits of character?

Please don't use characterizations like "your idea" without quoting something I've said. It is not my idea that people "often go into the grave with uncrucified defective traits of character." I looked over this entire thread, and don't see myself saying anything even close to this.

I see you used the word "defective" a couple of dozen times. I used it only a couple of times, and always in the context of responding to your use of it. We're clearly dealing with an idea of yours here, not mine. So for you to pass this off as an idea of mine is not cricket.

Regarding the last statement that you are particularly interested in, it seems clear to me that this involves the sin of rebellion. A person is convicted something is contrary to God's principles, and is determined to do this anyway. I believe such behavior ties into this:

Quote:
By a life of rebellion, Satan and all who unite with him place themselves so out of harmony with God that His very presence is to them a consuming fire.(DA 764)

Here's a comment by Ty Gibson:

Quote:
Christianity is intended to be an ever-deepening journey into the heart of God, by which the beholding of His glory gradually transforms the believer into the same character likeness (2 Cor. 3:18). For those who persist in sin to the ruin of their inner capacity to discern and reflect God's love, that fire of divine love which would have cleansed them will, on the day of final reckoning, ignite in their souls a destructive measure of shame and guilt. The glory of Him who is love will be more than the conscience can bear. On the day of unveiled encounter, they will experience psychological and emotional meltdown in God's immediate presence. (Mal. 4:1,2 quoted)

Everyone will eventually meet God in all the radiance of His glorious love. Some will be consumed, while others are healed by the very same encounter. (Shades of Grace 99)

I agree with Ty's explanation here (evidently inspired by DA 764).

Regarding the thief and pure speech, I'm saying it's likely that the thief's speech would have involved bad language, as that was likely to a part of the world in which he lived. He, like other Christians, would have had to learn pure speech.

Quote:
It sounds like you are implying it means reaching a point where it no longer comes into mind, no longer tempts.

No, I'm not talking about temptation. I'm talking about speech (which can be internal; before one speaks, one thinks of what one is going to say).

Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Tom] #102418
09/07/08 11:37 PM
09/07/08 11:37 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
My question on this thread is - Will Jesus change our character when He returns?

Anyone who is familiar with what the SOP wrote about this and believes what she wrote would say no. The question then becomes, what is it that characterizes our character. I would say that it is characterized by decisions that we knowingly make. So when you say that we aren't raised with "uncrucified sinful traits of character" I would agree with this if by this you meant sins that are knowingly committed, knowing they are contrary to God's principles. It seems to me that you include any sins, except sins you characterize as "mental" sins, such as the Sabbath. Actually, I could agree with this, if "mental" sins were a broader characterization than you seem to have in mind. I would include sins which are committed of which one is unaware, or "vaguely" aware of, to use Rosangela's word.

Quote:
But, yes, I believe people who experience rebirth in God's appointed way are born again without cultivated sinful traits of character.

I disagree with this because of unknown sinful traits of character. What happens to them? They are overcome with in time, as one begins to walk in the Spirit and become known to the believer.

Quote:
True, they are born again with sinful flesh nature, but they are not born again with their former sinful traits of character, that is, they do not practice the same sinful habits they cultivated before they experienced rebirth. "The sins that were practiced before conversion, are to be put off, with the old man." SD 300.

I would say this clearly refers to known sins. How could unknown sins be put off? They need to be made known, which happens during one's walk with Christ.

One needn't be perfect to be born again. One need simply believe in Christ. Then one begins the work toward perfection.

Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Tom] #102466
09/09/08 05:48 PM
09/09/08 05:48 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
MM: Here's how she stated the matter - "I had a vague notion it was sinful, but since I was suffering I thought I had the right to indulge it." It doesn't sound to me like she was ignorant. Instead, it sounds like she was excusing it.

TE: Didn't she volunteer this as an example of a sin of ignorance?

Here's what she wrote: Don't you think there are things in our lives that we didn't see as sins for a period but that from a certain moment onward we began to see as sins? For instance, there was a time in my life I didn't see self-pity as a sin. God brought me to a circumstance which showed me self-pity as part of my character. I had a vague notion it was sinful, but since I was suffering I thought I had the right to indulge it. Today I see it as a sin in a way I didn't see before, but it took me some years to really come to see things in this light. How would you classify this kind of sin?

Quote:
MM: Character is the result of conscious, repetitious choices and corresponding behavior. This takes time. So, in the case of believers who die the day they experience rebirth, I suppose it is safe to say the character they are resurrected with is limited in comparison to the character Paul will be raised up with. They will gain the momentum and develop the traits of character in heaven they didn't have time to here. But the point is they will not come up with uncrucified sinful traits of character.

TE: What does "gain momentum" mean? How is what you're saying here different than my position? (You may wish to quote something I've said).

People are born again with all the righteous traits of God character. Not one is missing. These traits are not, however, mature and fully developed at the time Jesus implants them. The more times a particular behavior is repeated the easier it is to do again. A certain momentum is accrued. Regularly "perfecting holiness" establishes a momentum, which makes it easier to be like Jesus in those particular ways. This differs from what you are saying in that I'm not talking about gradually realizing certain habits and practices are sinful.

Quote:
EGW: A well-balanced character is formed by single acts well performed. One defect, cultivated instead of being overcome, makes the man imperfect, and closes against him the gate of the Holy City.

MM: I hear her saying one uncrucified defective trait of character closes the gates of heaven. How does this tie in with your idea that people often go into the grave with uncrucified defective traits of character?

TE: Please don't use characterizations like "your idea" without quoting something I've said. It is not my idea that people "often go into the grave with uncrucified defective traits of character." I looked over this entire thread, and don't see myself saying anything even close to this.

I see you used the word "defective" a couple of dozen times. I used it only a couple of times, and always in the context of responding to your use of it. We're clearly dealing with an idea of yours here, not mine. So for you to pass this off as an idea of mine is not cricket.

You didn't answer my question. I'll rephrase it. Do you agree that one cherished character defect will prevent someone from entering heaven?

Also, as you see it, what is the difference between sinful trait of character and defective trait of character? And, do think people often go into the grave with one but not the other?

Quote:
TE: Regarding the last statement that you are particularly interested in, it seems clear to me that this involves the sin of rebellion. A person is convicted something is contrary to God's principles, and is determined to do this anyway. I believe such behavior ties into this:

Quote:
By a life of rebellion, Satan and all who unite with him place themselves so out of harmony with God that His very presence is to them a consuming fire.(DA 764)

Here's a comment by Ty Gibson:

Quote:
Christianity is intended to be an ever-deepening journey into the heart of God, by which the beholding of His glory gradually transforms the believer into the same character likeness (2 Cor. 3:18). For those who persist in sin to the ruin of their inner capacity to discern and reflect God's love, that fire of divine love which would have cleansed them will, on the day of final reckoning, ignite in their souls a destructive measure of shame and guilt. The glory of Him who is love will be more than the conscience can bear. On the day of unveiled encounter, they will experience psychological and emotional meltdown in God's immediate presence. (Mal. 4:1,2 quoted)

Everyone will eventually meet God in all the radiance of His glorious love. Some will be consumed, while others are healed by the very same encounter. (Shades of Grace 99)

I agree with Ty's explanation here (evidently inspired by DA 764).

Here's the quote I posted: "A well-balanced character is formed by single acts well performed. One defect, cultivated instead of being overcome, makes the man imperfect, and closes against him the gate of the Holy City." (FLB 44) I agree with you that she is talking about willful sinning.

Regarding Ty's comment: "On the day of unveiled encounter, they will experience psychological and emotional meltdown in God's immediate presence." Where else is this scenario described? I've read where the same unveiled glory of God's radiant presence consumes sinners and rubbish alike. For example:

". . . the manifestation of His glory is to them a consuming fire." (GC 37) "Fire comes down from God out of heaven. . . . While God is to the wicked a consuming fire, He is to His people both a sun and a shield. . . . The fire that consumes the wicked purifies the earth." (GC 672-674)

How can the fire of God's unveiled radiant glory burn up rubbish but only have an emotional effect on sinners? I can understand why it wouldn't burn up things in heaven or burn up sinless beings, but how can it burn up rubbish but not burn up sinners?

Quote:
TE: Regarding the thief and pure speech, I'm saying it's likely that the thief's speech would have involved bad language, as that was likely to a part of the world in which he lived. He, like other Christians, would have had to learn pure speech.

Does having a heavy history of cursing mean a person born again yesterday did not crucified the sin of cursing? What are you saying? What does it matter what a person was like yesterday if they experienced the miracle of rebirth today? What do past mistakes have to do with present realities so far as rebirth and salvation are concerned?

Quote:
MM: It sounds like you are implying it means reaching a point where it no longer comes into mind, no longer tempts.

TE: No, I'm not talking about temptation. I'm talking about speech (which can be internal; before one speaks, one thinks of what one is going to say).

Yeah, that's what I meant. With this in mind, are you saying the sin of cursing isn't overcome until curse words no longer pop into mind? Are people guilty of sinning every time a curse word enters their mind?

If so, can this principle be applied to all the sinful thoughts and feelings that come into mind? That is, is it an evidence a certain sin or defect hasn't been overcome if temptations related to it still come into mind?

Re: Will Jesus change our character when He returns? [Re: Mountain Man] #102469
09/09/08 06:28 PM
09/09/08 06:28 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
"The sins that were practiced before conversion, are to be put off, with the old man." SD 300.

I would say this clearly refers to known sins. How could unknown sins be put off? They need to be made known, which happens during one's walk with Christ. One needn't be perfect to be born again. One need simply believe in Christ. Then one begins the work toward perfection.

You prefaced your interpretation by saying, "I would say", but it would be more meaningful to me if she said it. Please post quotes where she says it. IOW, post quotes where she says people are born again first, and then they begin the gradual process of discovering and putting away the sins they practiced before they were reborn. Thank you.

Page 19 of 32 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 31 32

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/06/24 12:53 AM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/05/24 09:41 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 08/28/24 02:39 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by Rick H. 09/07/24 09:49 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/05/24 09:37 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
The Beginning and Ending of the Sabbath
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:12 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!