HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily, TheophilusOne), 1,877 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Ellen White on The Book of Revelation #10506
01/22/04 01:34 AM
01/22/04 01:34 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
A couple months ago an acquaintance of mine from Winnipeg gave me a copy of a compilation of quotes from Sister White on how and why and what we should be studying in Revelation. He arranged it topically and I've posted his index below. I'm not sure if the forum is interested in having the whole paper published in posts, but if anyone wants a copy of the document, let me know and I'll see about putting it in the resource section of the forum. I will post the first section below this post.
quote:

1. Study Revelation
2. How Little Is The Book Of Revelation Studied
3. There Are Those Who Will Not Read
4. Watch And Pray And Study
5. Why, Then, This Widespread Ignorance
(Warfare Waged Against The Study Of The Revelation)
6. A Revelation Is Something Revealed 6
7. Where Did John Get The Light?
8. An Injunction To Us
9. None Should Become Discouraged In The Study Of The Revelation 8
10. To Occupy The First Place In The Minds Of God's People 9
11. We Are Privileged In Knowing 9
12. Learn The Texts Thoroughly 10
13. Individually To Be Students Of Prophecy 10
14. We Should Receive Great Benefits 10
15. True Aim Of Life 12
16. Into The Very Designs And Principles Of The Church 1
17. Revelation Is The Supplement Of Daniel
18. Communicate The Truth To Others
19. Daniel And The Revelation Should Be Printed In Small Books
(They Both Relate To The Same Subjects)
(They Tell Their Own Story)
20. When, If Not Now
21. The Prophecy Of A Messiah To Come To Earth
(Good Tidings Of Great Joy)
22. REVELATION 22:20, 21

Re: Ellen White on The Book of Revelation #10507
01/22/04 01:37 AM
01/22/04 01:37 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
quote:
There is need of a much closer STUDY of the word of God; especially should DANIEL and the REVELATION have attention as never before in the history of our work. We may have less to say in some lines, in regard to the Roman power and the papacy, but we should call attention to what the prophets and apostles have written under the inspiration of the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit has so shaped matters, both in the giving of the PROPHECY, and in the events portrayed, as to teach that the human agent is to be kept out of sight, hid in Christ, and the Lord God of heaven and His law are to be exalted.
Counsels to Writers and Editors (CW) 65
(All References From the Writings of Ellen G. White)

To the overcomer is promised a crown of unfading glory, and a life that measures with the life of God. “To Him that overcometh,” Christ declares, “will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.” “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.” Let us strive to obtain an abundant entrance into the kingdom of our Lord. Let us diligently STUDY the Gospel that Christ came in person to present to John on the Isle of Patmos,--the Gospel that is termed, “The REVELATION of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to show unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass.” Let us remember always that “blessed is he that READETH, and they that HEAR the words of this PROPHECY, and KEEP those things which are written therein; for the time is at hand.”
The Signs of the Times (ST) February 4, 1903

At this time--the last days of this earth's history--we are to make the book of REVELATION a special STUDY. Why? Because it depicts the scenes that we are to meet. We need to understand what we are to meet, and how we are to meet it. We must know what efforts we are to make, so that, in this perilous time, we shall not be taken by the enemy's devices. We know that the last great conflict will be Satan's most determined effort to accomplish his purposes. He will come, not only as a roaring lion, but as a seducer, clothing sin with beautiful garments of light, that he may take human beings in his snare.
Sermons and Talks Volume 1 (1SAT) 340

Emphasis supplied by my friend.

Re: Ellen White on The Book of Revelation #10508
01/25/04 07:27 AM
01/25/04 07:27 AM
W
whitlie  Offline
Portland Ore. USA
mark

regarding a very intelligent study on the Seven Trumpets showing that a trumpet symbolized a destruction following a sealing, beginning at creation and is a Sanctuary subject, can be found at http://www.threeangelsherald.org

In every age there was a message that resulted in the sealing of a people in righteouness. There was also a sounding of a trumpet announcing those who rejected that message were to be destroyed.

Notice the Locust of Rev. 9:3,4; they were told not to hurt the grass (people) of the earth, neither any green (living) thing, neither any tree (leaders) But only those men who had not the SEAL OF GOD in their forehead.
Verse 5, The locust were not to kill the unseale one but to torment them for five months.

In other word, the Locust that come up out of the abyss were teachers of Righteousness with a message so strong that it cause persecution against them for 5 X 30 = 150 X 100 = 1500 years, the time of primary persecustion, (it began first by Imperial Rome, then by Papale Rome) then is the Days of Luther God began to use them even more mightyly.

If Abadon and Appolon is thier King then It must be Christ and the meaning of those words describe his Work. Futher The Angel who cast Satan in the bottomells keys must have gotten them somewhere, and Christ did just that when he came to this earth and was sacrifices as a Lamb, Verse 1, and it was his prayers that ascended on the behalf of man that was sent up to heaven as a great smoke, for the incense of the Priest in the Temple was to represent the prayers of the saints.

This is something for you to consider. As it is in harmony with SDA Doctrines.

Blessings
Henry

=========

Edited to make the URL a workable link. - Daryl [Smile]

[ January 25, 2004, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Daryl Fawcett ]

Re: Ellen White on The Book of Revelation #10509
01/25/04 07:37 AM
01/25/04 07:37 AM
W
whitlie  Offline
Portland Ore. USA
Please forgive my spelling. It is late and I am very tired.
The Angel who had the keys to the bottomless to cast Satan to the abyss, had to have them given to him some time previously.
Chpt. 9:1 of Rev. Says and angel was cast down to the bottomless pit ant to him were the Keys given. When Christ was slaim as a Lamb to the Slaughter, he was given the Keys to this earth and beame its rightfull King.

Being the king of the Locust the names apllied to Him Abaddon and Apolyon the meanings of those two words would describe his work.

For instant, as I understand the Word Jehovah in Hebrew actually means God is my Destroyer, while Jehavah, a change in the vawol means God is my SAlvation.

Blessings
Henry

Re: Ellen White on The Book of Revelation #10510
01/25/04 02:51 PM
01/25/04 02:51 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Before I answer you Whitlie, I'm going to read the study on the seven trumpets you recommended. I looked at the introduction to it and that part is well done, so I'm going to read on. It looks to me though that you're advocating a new view, and if that's the case you should copy and paste this into a new thread on the New Light forum. If you don't have access, contact Daryl, and he'll be glad to update your status.

Re: Ellen White on The Book of Revelation #10511
01/26/04 04:56 AM
01/26/04 04:56 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Regarding the introduction, when I made the comment that the introduction was well done, I hadn't read it all. I have reservations about it now that I've finished reading it. The author is too critical of U. Smith's use of other authors. He doesn't seem to allow for a non-literal view of the trumpets or consider the fact that Sister White, whom the author views as inspired, often herself quoted other uninspired sources as Smith did.

Re: Ellen White on The Book of Revelation #10512
01/26/04 01:15 AM
01/26/04 01:15 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Another red light: on the page

http://www.threeangelsherald.org/mission.htm

it says, "According to Zechariah 13:8 at that time a third of the earth's population (over 1 billion) will join God's remnant church in the last days."

That interpretation doesn't agree with the Bible or the SOP, by any stretch of the imagination.

Re: Ellen White on The Book of Revelation #10513
01/27/04 04:48 AM
01/27/04 04:48 AM
W
whitlie  Offline
Portland Ore. USA
John Said after the sealing of the 144,000 I saw a great multitude from all tribes and all nations, He does not say how many make a multitude, Isaiah says 66:19,20, The servants of God were sent as missionaries to the nations and brought in a great multitude, Of course there is a sematics is how I am expressing it, the point is Should we let a number be a problem.

E>G>White says "Servants of God, with their faces lighted up and shining with holy consecration, will hasten from place to place to proclaim the message from heaven. By thousands of voices, all over the earth, the warning will be given. Miracles will be wrought, the sick will be healed, and signs and wonders will follow the believers. Satan also works, with lying wonders, even bringing down fire from heaven in the sight of men. Revelation 13:13. Thus the inhabitants of the earth will be brought to take their stand." {GC 612.1}

The point of being critical of Uriah Smith is to show that during his life time he has access to the the Spirit of Prophecy, and failed to use it. Ellen G. White took him in, At the 1888 Convention he opposed her. He did use the unipired Commentators of his day which she opposed (see Testimonies to Ministere 106-116) One must look beyond the confidence of man and to the typology and symbolism that the Spirit of Inspiration teaches. Today SDA theology has forgotten that during Mrs. Whites lifetime one of our major doctrines was to prepare a people to give the Loud Cry, She points out, "That none who have not put on the Strenght of the Mighty One will have a part in the giving of the Loud Cry Message" 11/19/08 R.Herald.

The point is that "Prophecy is not of privat interpretation," which is what Uriah Smith did during her lifetime.

Many think we are in the Loud Cry today, but when SEventh-da Adventist Ministers openly pray to a mother god and to allah and to shiva the god of the Hindu's as they do at the conference church here in Portland Oregon, we can know that we are not it it. The foundation of the Trumpets is to show that those who have not the seal of God, prosfessed Christian or Non, will be lost.

Re: Ellen White on The Book of Revelation #10514
01/26/04 06:26 PM
01/26/04 06:26 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
quote:
Originally posted by whitlie:
Many think we are in the Loud Cry today, but when SEventh-da Adventist Ministers openly pray to a mother god and to allah and to shiva the god of the Hindu's as they do at the conference church here in Portland Oregon, we can know that we are not it it. The foundation of the Trumpets is to show that those who have not the seal of God, prosfessed Christian or Non, will be lost.

Would an sda minister really pray to shiva or allah? That sounds unbeliveable. I assume this have created some kind of outrage, or?

/Thomas

Re: Ellen White on The Book of Revelation #10515
01/26/04 09:43 PM
01/26/04 09:43 PM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
I'd like to hear more about that too. [Eek!]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!