HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily, TheophilusOne), 1,877 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Spiritualism based on more than the 'immortal soul' doctrine #10542
01/27/04 01:39 AM
01/27/04 01:39 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
These ideas are indeed farther along than many realize.

I once met a guy who had newsletters written by a woman who believed she was in psychic contact with a "galactic fleet general", who's supposedly from the Pleiades star system....who talked about all sorts of things that would come upon the earth. (One great cosmic cataclysm in particular was supposed to happen on Earth in the mid-90's, but of course it didn't.) He and his pals were going to buy up land in the Smoky Mountains, for the purpose of erecting a landing/greeting area for the UFOs when they arrived. And he was quite serious.

On another front, the United Nations has invited "channelers" of the entity "Kryon" (sounds like a house paint, doesn't it) to speak before the U.N.'s "Society of Enlightenment and Transformation". World government leaders are serious about this stuff. Not much of this gets out to the mainstream media, of course.

The devil appears in many guises, huh.

Re: Spiritualism based on more than the 'immortal soul' doctrine #10543
01/27/04 02:40 AM
01/27/04 02:40 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Unbelieveable that the UN actually is channeling spirits?!! [Eek!]
The main focus is to undermine the whole Christian faith and belief in God and that He sent His only begotten Son to die for us who is now alive. This is the Great Controversy in so many words.
The reason for this are many, but I know that alot of people don't understand how God can let all this evil happen, and some of them feel that God has let them down somehow. (That's from what I have heard)
Alot of it (New Age stuff) can be traced back to ancient civilizations so it's not so 'New', but a rehashed form of Spiritualism.
When I was younger there was a seminar at a local SDA church and after my dad invited me on numerous occassions I decided to go. I took amny many notes that evening which covered things such as the 'Illuminatti' and how it started and how the goal was to actually bring satan to power in so many words. Seeing that major 'powers' and leaders of nations have a vested interest in having someone rule the world and are looking forward to such an event (dawning of the new age) sounds very surreal and almost unbelieveable, but it is consistent with what is being discussed in this thread.
Anyways I'm rambling now, but we do live in interesting times indeed. Let us all be firmly rooted in the Word of God, our Rock and our Salvation!
God Bless,
Will

Re: Spiritualism based on more than the 'immortal soul' doctrine #10544
01/27/04 10:19 AM
01/27/04 10:19 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Will,

Reading back thru that last thing I posted, it looks like it might need to be clarified -- "has invited" was meant to say they have done it in the past, already a done deed. Those events took place in the mid-late 1990's. Far as I can tell, the U.N.'s Society for Enlightenment and Transformation (SEAT) has been disbanded; but the fact remains that there have been New Age channeling events at the U.N.

(Old-fashioned spirit seances under a new name.)

Re: Spiritualism based on more than the 'immortal soul' doctrine #10545
01/27/04 10:34 AM
01/27/04 10:34 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Interesting John. I have a few comments more on this new scientific interest in the occult.

The modern effort to use a scientific approach to the occult has several implications. I mentioned above that one of them is that science tends to remove the mysticism and fear that historically has deterred people from tampering with the occult. When science cloaks the para-normal in ‘other dimensional’ language, that natural barrier and aversion that is built into the human psyche is largely removed.

Another effect the scientific approach brings to any area of enquiry is that it creates a better defined, systematized body of knowledge. This is possibly the greatest weakness of all occultic doctrine. The occult is Babylon or confusion. It is a huge mishmash of contradictory, vague, mysterious knowledge. The scientific approach will no doubt help to organize it’s teachings into something much more manageable. The mystery and confusion will continue, but it will be much better systematized and catalogued so that minds that are inclined in that direction will be able to more quickly find the deception that is most suited to their tastes, personality and weaknesses.

A related effect to the first one mentioned is that the scientific approach is perhaps the most effective mask of what is actually behind the occult – evil spirits. False science takes the phenomena of the supernatural and removes it from its true context - that of the great controversy. The best modern example we have of what takes place when a thoroughly scientific approach is combined with the occult is Nazi Germany.

I hope someone can help me here. I remember hearing years ago from a reliable source that Hitler was consistently guided in every significant military decision except for one by a voice that was audible to him. To most people even today, he is the clearest modern embodiment of evil, and this in my view is an accurate picture of him. Like most Germans (apparently he was Austrian, the son of an Austrian woman of ill repute, but Austrians have the same ancestry) he was very scientific in his approach. Hitler’s life illustrates that the tendency of the scientific occult then and now is to foster the deception that the wisdom it offers is innate. Hitler viewed his opinions as superior and the German people as superior. He routinely received the worship of the German people. He accepted the deception that he was a god, and reveled in it.

I believe that in Revelation 13, the Bible is telling us that we are going to find a similar phenomena towards the end. 666 is said to be a human number. It’s likely the number of a god-man and possibly also of the institution(s) and religio-political system that supports him or her.

Re: Spiritualism based on more than the 'immortal soul' doctrine #10546
01/27/04 11:51 PM
01/27/04 11:51 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Below is a quote from Habakkuk that describes the judgment of God on the Chaldeans, the race who’s capital was Babylon. It refers to the them historically, but verse 2:3 applies the vision especially to the Babylon of Revelation 17 and to the appointed time of the end. What I wanted to point out is the self-deception of both literal and symbolic Babylon in ascribing glory to herself and attributing her power over the nations to her own innate strength. This appears to me to be the result of occultic influences and thinking.

Notice where Babylon crosses the line of God’s forbearance in verse 1:11. Whereas prior military victories were ruthless and arrogant, Babylon at first is not so deceived as to think that her power originates within herself. But at some point, Babylon does come to believe this, similar to deception that overtook Hitler and the people of Germany. It is at this point I believe that the number 666 especially applies to her – at verse 1:11 where she becomes fully deceived in regard to her true condition and worships herself, saying in her heart: “A Queen I sit . . .”

quote:
1:6 For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, [that] bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwelling places [that are] not theirs.
1:7 They [are] terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves.
. . . .
1:10 And they shall scoff at the kings, and the princes shall be a scorn unto them: they shall deride every strong hold; for they shall heap dust, and take it.
1:11 Then shall [his] mind change, and he shall pass over, and offend, [imputing] this his power unto his god.
. . . .
1:15 They take up all of them with the angle, they catch them in their net, and gather them in their drag: therefore they rejoice and are glad.
1:16 Therefore they sacrifice unto their net, and burn incense unto their drag; because by them their portion [is] fat, and their meat plenteous.
1:17 Shall they therefore empty their net, and not spare continually to slay the nations?

2:1 I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.
2:2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make [it] plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
2:3 For the vision [is] yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
2:4 Behold, his soul [which] is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
. . .
2:8 Because thou hast spoiled many nations, all the remnant of the people shall spoil thee; because of men's blood, and [for] the violence of the land, of the city, and of all that dwell therein. . . .
2:12 Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and stablisheth a city by iniquity!
2:13 Behold, [is it] not of the LORD of hosts that the people shall labour in the very fire, and the people shall weary themselves for very vanity?
2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Re: Spiritualism based on more than the 'immortal soul' doctrine #10547
01/28/04 10:19 AM
01/28/04 10:19 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Daniel 11 has a similar description to Habakkuk’s of the self-deception of Babylon . As in Habbakuk, the King of the North changes his worship from the God of his father’s to himself and to the ‘god of forces.’ The forces that the King of the North worships are both his own military strength, and also the ‘cosmic’ forces that he comes to think are his own superior powers. In this passage, the same end-time power is being described I believe, as in Habakkuk, the Babylon of Revelation 17.

That would be consistent with other OT scripture that in several places refers to the Babylonians as the nation from the north that God would use to punish the nations of the ancient world including Judah, Benjamin and the city of Jerusalem. But because Babylon herself became drunk with pride, she was also punished.

quote:

11:36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
11:38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
11:39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge [and] increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

That completes what I wanted to share on this topic. I hope others will have comments, questions, objections etc., but find it worth considering. It is not central to the plan of salvation, but I think God wants us to have a clearer understanding of these things as we approach the end.

Re: Spiritualism based on more than the 'immortal soul' doctrine #10548
01/28/04 11:06 AM
01/28/04 11:06 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Daryl, when I started this thread, I wasn't planning to go in the direction that I did. The idea of the King of the North being the same as Babylon of Revelation 17 could be viewed as 'new light', so it would probably be better to put this topic in the New Light forum. What do you think?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!