HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,066
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Dina, dedication, 1 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 100 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 99 100
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tom] #107131
01/05/09 08:08 AM
01/05/09 08:08 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
This is such a serious point. Most of you have the wrong understanding that in order to be tempted, you must find the temptation "tempting". That couldn't be further from the truth. Just think about it. Are you tempted to murder someone, to rape someone, or think of the many other horrendous things people do.

.. Most of you would say, no, you are not tempted to do those things...but yet, you want to interpret the verse that says that Jesus was "in all points" tempted like as we are to mean that He was! Do you think you are a better Christian than Jesus? How is it that you are not tempted to do these horrendous things, yet you think that Jesus was?????

Because temptations do not come from being worse than someone else. You seem to have the idea that only bad people are tempted. The better a person is, the less he is tempted. This is what I'm hearing. And if one is perfectly good, like Jesus, then such a one isn't tempted at all. How is this sort of "Gospel" of any help to an actual bad person?

Quote:
He who knew no sin became sin for us. He humiliated himself to the lowest depths of human woe, that he might be qualified to reach man, and bring him up from the degradation in which sin had plunged him.(Redemption; or the Temptation of Christ in The Wilderness, page 31)

Bad people need a Savior who humiliated Himself to the lowest depths, because that's where bad people find themselves. They can't lift themselves up by their own bootstraps. They need someone who can reach them, and lift them up.

Quote:
Can't you see, it is your wrong understanding of temptation that makes you try to make Jesus have the same desires as the unconverted man.

Jesus didn't have the same desires of the converted man; He had the same flesh, and passed through the same temptations.

Quote:
And unfortunately, there are many, especially men, who want to think that Jesus had the same lustful desires they have......and that that is part of the normal, Christian, victorious experience. It couldn't be further from the truth.

Christ had the same flesh. To be tempted is not sin. If the mind dwells on the sinful thought, that is sin.

Christ humiliated Himself to the lowest depths of man to reach man where He is, in order that He might have compassion on those needing help. He provides the help by extending to man the same comfort He received when He was tempted.

Quote:
The great work of redemption could be carried out only by the Redeemer taking the place of fallen man. Burdened with the sins of the world, he must go over the ground where Adam stumbled. He must take up the work just where Adam failed, and endure a test of the same character, but infinitely more severe than that which had vanquished him. It is impossible for man to fully comprehend the strength of Satan's temptations to our Saviour. Every enticement to evil, which men find so difficult to resist, was brought to bear upon the Son of God in as much greater degree as his character was superior to that of fallen man. (2SP 88)

If a temptation is not tempting, then it's not difficult to resist. If temptations were not tempting to Christ, then the were easy for Him to resist. Why wouldn't they be? What else is there to a temptation that makes it difficult if it's not that it's tempting.

In the above quote we are told that men cannot comprehend the strength of the temptations Christ had to endure. This means His temptations were more tempting than ours, not less. So much more, in fact, that we cannot comprehend it.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tom] #107132
01/05/09 08:31 AM
01/05/09 08:31 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
The problem seems to be in seeing this as an historic position. Ellen White did unequivocably support Jones and Waggoner, BUT it was their presentation of the faith of Jesus that she supported.

She also supported them on the particular subject of Christ's taking our fallen nature. She also endorsed W. W. Prescott on this specific point. She endorsed Prescott's sermon "The Word Made Flesh," which was specifically about the subject of Christ's having our sinful flesh. I quoted a bit of the sermon earlier, and have quoted her endorsement of the sermon.

Quote:
Her writings and the bible are read in light of Jones and Waggoner, instead of Jones and Waggoner being read in the light of the Bible and EGW.

On what basis are you asserting this? Many people know Ellen White as post-lapsarian who have no knowledge whatsoever of Jones and Waggoner's writings. I'm such a one. I knew this 15 years before I knew of Jones and Waggoner. Just from reading "The Desire of Ages" this was clear to me.

Quote:
Ellen White criticized the brethern for holding onto their prejudices and rejecting "light" in the message of the faith of Jesus/righteousness by faith, NOT whether Jesus was born sometime back in eternity, nor the views of those regarding Christs humanity.

Regarding whether Jesus was born sometime back in eternity, this was something mentioned maybe less than 5 times in all of Waggoner's writings, and I don't recall Jones mentioning it at all. On the other hand, they both mentioned Christ's taking our fallen nature hundreds of times, and both of them considered it foundational to their understanding of righteousness by faith.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tom] #107133
01/05/09 08:40 AM
01/05/09 08:40 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
I agree with you, Teresa...and sadly, the day came when EGW told the church to not listen to J & W.

Where did she say this?

Quote:
...they had gone WAY off the track.

Or this?

Quote:
They didn't get way off the track over night....Ellen White NEVER got off the track...much safer to read her

Or this?

Quote:
, you never have to wonder if you are accepting any false doctrine...whereas with J & W, you always have to wonder, "at what point did they begin to lose their way?" "How can I be sure that I don't accept any of the error that they got into?"

Here's something she actually did write:

Quote:
It is quite possible that Elder Jones or Waggoner may be overthrown by the temptations of the enemy; but if they should be, this would not prove that they had had no message from God, or that the work that they had done was all a mistake. But should this happen, how many would take this position, and enter into a fatal delusion because they are not under the control of the Spirit of God. They walk in the sparks of their own kindling, and cannot distinguish between the fire they have kindled and the light which God has given, and they walk in blindness as did the Jews. (1888 Mat. 1044, 1045)

Far from saying Jones and Waggoner should be ignored because they fell away, she said it was a "fatal delusion" to do so.

Quote:
If our brethren were all laborers together with God, they would not doubt but that the message he has sent us during these last two years is from heaven. Our young men look to our older brethren, and as they see that they do not accept the message, but treat it as though it were of no consequence, it influences those who are ignorant of the Scriptures to reject the light. These men who refuse to receive truth, interpose themselves between the people and the light. But there is no excuse for any one's refusing the light, for it has been plainly revealed. There is no need of any one's being in ignorance. We must clear the King's highway; for God will remove hindrances out of the way. God calls you to come up to his help against the mighty. Instead of pressing your weight against the chariot of truth that is being pulled up an inclined road, you should work with all the energy you can summon to push it on. Shall we repeat the history of the Jews in our work? (1888 Mat. 545)

We should be receiving with open arms the light that God sent, not looking for reasons to set it aside.

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tom] #107137
01/05/09 11:16 AM
01/05/09 11:16 AM
Tammy Roesch  Offline
North East OHIO
I posted all these quotes, quite some time ago, Tom...and I'll post them again. This is Ellen White talking....not me...

Quote:
Brother Jones, I have a message for you. In many respects you are a weak man. If I were to write out all that has been revealed to me of your weakness, and of the developments of your work that have not been in accordance with the course of a true Christian, the representation would not be pleasing. This may have to be done if you continue to justify yourself in a course of apostasy. Until your mind is cleared of the mist of perplexity, silence is eloquence on your part. {KC 36.3}
I am so sorry that you are spoiling your record. Since the Berrien Springs meeting, you have received many warnings, but you have not heeded these. The fact, that while you were considered sound in the faith, you have done things that you were warned not to do, shows that you are not a safe leader. {KC 36.4} You have gone farther than most of our people have supposed in strengthening Dr. Kellogg to continue in transactions against which the Lord has warned him. You are following in a false track. You are placing yourself in a position from which it will be difficult for you to recover yourself. {KC 36.5}
When in 1901 you came to the Pacific Coast, I hoped that the weight of responsibilities as president of the California conference would lead you to distrust your ability, and to take counsel with your brethren regarding the work to be done. But there was a growth of self-confidence, a rashness of spirit, and an abruptness of speech, which increased the existing lack of confidence in your judgment. {KC 36.6}

Clearly, from this quote alone, by 1901, there was serious trouble with Jones.

Quote:
I am sorry for A. T. Jones, who has been warned over and over again. Notwithstanding these warnings, he has allowed the enemy to fill his mind with thoughts of self-importance. Heed not his words, for he has rejected the plainest light and has chosen darkness instead. The Holy One hath given us messages clear and distinct, but some poor souls have been blinded by the falsehoods and the deceptive influences of satanic agencies, and have turned from truth and righteousness to follow these fallacies of satanic origin. {20MR 14.5} (1906)

Quote:
I have read your letters, but have not had time to answer them. I have been permitted to view the case of Elder A. T. Jones. His bitterness is as gall, though he has been warned. At Washington, during the General Conference, I conversed with him for about three hours, but he would not receive my warnings. He seemed very self-confident, and when he spoke of his work at Battle Creek, his boastings were a surprise to many. All that I could say to him at Washington, seemed to make no impression on his mind. {PC 125.1}
A. T. Jones has had precious opportunities to see and feel the power of the messages of warning sent by the Lord to His people. He himself has been admonished to be constantly on guard, else the power of other minds would be exercised on his mind, and he was cautioned regarding the subtle working of spiritual science upon human minds. He had eyes, but he saw not; ears, but he heard not, and he has done the very work that he was warned to avoid doing. I am very sorry for the man, for all these chapters in his experience are bringing him over a road that will have to be retraced step by step, if he ever comes to an understanding of the work he is now doing, and turns his feet to follow the precious Saviour, our Leader. {PC 125.2} (1906)

Quote:
I feel intensely sorrowful when I see some of our brethren in Battle Creek taking a course that is leading them away from the truth: for I have had a presentation of the first apostasy in the heavenly courts. The warnings of the Holy Spirit have been disregarded, and there has been persistent work of deception. A. T. Jones has permitted himself to be used as the voice of Dr. J. H. Kellogg. {PC 331.1} (1906)

So, the question should not be, “Did Jones and Waggoner lose their way?” Rather, it should be “When did they lose their way?” And that is pretty hard to know exactly, because as we all know, no one goes from light to darkness over night….it is a gradual process.

But, the fact that we know they lost their way, and that we don’t know when they began to lose their way, should make us think twice when we read what they wrote, after 1888, because otherwise, how do we know that we are not picking up the very sentiments that caused them to go astray? For that reason, I think it is much safer to read the Spirit of Prophecy. We NEVER have to wonder, “Is what I just read inspired?” “Is Ellen White really on track here?” We KNOW she was inspired, and we also KNOW that the very message that Jones and Waggoner were teaching in 1888, she said, “I have been presenting it (the 1888 Message) to you for the last 45 years--the matchless charms of Christ. This is what I have been trying to present before your minds.” From this, I don’t believe that they had anything she didn’t already have, and I know if I get it from her, I don’t have to worry about going astray.

Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. {COL 69}

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tammy Roesch] #107138
01/05/09 11:21 AM
01/05/09 11:21 AM
Tammy Roesch  Offline
North East OHIO
I believe that Jones was far from truth in this statement, which is from the 1895 General Conference Bulletin ~

Quote:
He was sinful as we, weak as we, helpless as we, helpless as the man is who is without God; yet by his trust in God, God so visited him, so abode with him, so strengthened him, that, instead of sin ever being manifested, the righteousness of God was always manifested. 1895 –GCB-20

Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. {COL 69}

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tammy Roesch] #107139
01/05/09 11:31 AM
01/05/09 11:31 AM
Tammy Roesch  Offline
North East OHIO
Here is another place where I believe Jones is far from truth.

This is Ellen White’s description of when Satan took Jesus up on the mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world:

Quote:
He [Satan] asked the Saviour to bow to his authority, promising that if He would do so, the kingdoms of the world would be His. He pointed Christ to his success in the world, enumerating the principalities and powers that were subject to him. He declared that what the law of Jehovah could not do, he had done. {5BC 1083.4}
But Jesus said, "Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve." This was to Christ just what the Bible declares it to be--a temptation. Before His sight the tempter held the kingdoms of the world. As Satan saw them, they possessed great external grandeur. But Christ saw them in a different aspect, just as they were--earthly dominions under the power of a tyrant. He saw humanity full of woe, suffering under the oppressive power of Satan. He saw the earth defiled by hatred, revenge, malice, lust, and murder. He saw fiends in the possession of the bodies and souls of men. (MS 33, 1911). {5BC 1083.5}[/
quote]

And this is Jones’ description of the same event:

[quote] Then Satan took Jesus upon an exceeding high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them too,—the glory, the honor, the dignity,—he showed him all that. And there at that moment there was stirred up all the ambition that ever appeared in Napoleon or Cæsar, or Alexander, or all of them put together. But from Jesus still the answer is: "It is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve." GCB 1895, pg. 226.

Ellen White says: “This was to Christ just what the Bible declares it to be--a temptation. Before His sight the tempter held the kingdoms of the world. As Satan saw them, they possessed great external grandeur. But Christ saw them in a different aspect, just as they were--earthly dominions under the power of a tyrant. He saw humanity full of woe, suffering under the oppressive power of Satan. He saw the earth defiled by hatred, revenge, malice, lust, and murder. He saw fiends in the possession of the bodies and souls of men.”

Jones says: “And there at that moment there was stirred up all the ambition that ever appeared in Napoleon or Cæsar, or Alexander, or all of them put together.”

These statements are NOT saying the same thing. Jones is saying that this temptation stirred up “AMBITION” that was IN JESUS, even ALL the AMBITION that “ever appeared in Napoleon or Caesar, or Alexander, or ALL OF THEM PUT TOGETHER.” Ellen White doesn’t even hint of any ambition IN Jesus. She does say that , “As Satan saw them, they possessed great external grandeur.” HE (SATAN) is the one that had the AMBITION, NOT JESUS. And because he had ambition, he tried to find that IN Jesus, but, as ALWAYS, Ellen White and the Bible make it clear, “But Christ saw them in a different aspect…”
Quote:
"The prince of this world cometh," saith Jesus, "and hath nothing in Me." There was in Him nothing that responded to Satan's sophistry. He did not consent to sin. Not even by a thought did He yield to temptation. So it may be with us. Christ's humanity was united with divinity; He was fitted for the conflict by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. And He came to make us partakers of the divine nature. So long as we are united to Him by faith, sin has no more dominion over us. God reaches for the hand of faith in us to direct it to lay fast hold upon the divinity of Christ, that we may attain to perfection of character. {CD 152.4}

Ellen White says that “There was in Him nothing that responded to Satan’s sophistry.” Jones said, “And there at that moment there was stirred up all the ambition that ever appeared in Napoleon or Cæsar, or Alexander, or all of them put together.” Can’t you admit that Jones and Ellen White are NOT teaching the same thing? When Ellen White says, “There was in Him nothing that responded to Satan’s sophistry,” NOTHING MEANS NOTHING. Nowhere in Him, not in His heart or His mind or His flesh – NOTHING, NOWHERE responded.

Please don’t try to say that “Jesus didn’t have ambition in His heart, it was in His flesh.” Ambition doesn’t reside in the flesh – it resides in the heart.

1. “With the gentle touch of grace the Saviour banishes from the soul unrest and unholy AMBITION…” PK-60.
2. “Pride, AMBITION, deceit, hatred, selfishness, must be cleansed from the heart. With many these evil traits are partially subdued, but not thoroughly uprooted from the heart.” 5T-175.
3. “It was the PRIDE and AMBITION cherished in the heart of Satan that banished him from heaven. These evils are deeply rooted in our fallen nature, and if not removed they will over shadow every good and noble quality and bring forth envy and strife as their baleful fruits.” 5T-242.

Ellen White says in DA-123, “’The Prince of this world cometh,’ said Jesus, ‘and hath nothing in Me.’ John 14:30. There was in Him NOTHING THAT RESPONDED to Satan’s sophistry.” Jones says, “there at that moment there was STIRRED UP all the ambition that ever appeared in…” According to Jones there was something in Him that responded, but He kept it from coming out. Now consider this quote very carefully. “The law of God takes note of the jealousy, envy, hatred, malignity, revenge, lust and AMBITION that surge through the soul, but have not found expression in outward action, because the opportunity, not the will, has been wanting. And these SINFUL EMOTIONS will be brought into the account in the day when ‘God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.’ (Eccl. 12:14)” 1 SM-217. This is exactly where Jones is putting Christ. Jesus did not SUBDUE this “sinful emotion”. There was none in Him. (John 14:30). On the contrary, HE WAS infinite humility: “What He taught, He lived. ‘I have given you an example,’ He said to His disciples; ‘that ye should do as I have done.’ ‘I have kept My Father’s commandments.’ John 13:15; 15:10. Thus in His life, Christ’s words had perfect illustration and support. AND MORE THAN THIS; what He taught, HE WAS. His Jones is actually teaching that Jesus had the attributes of Satan, when he says He had “ambition”. He did this before in Heaven, too: “Therefore he (Satan) misrepresented God, attributing to Him the desire for self-exaltation. With his own evil characteristics he sought to invest the loving Creator. Thus he deceived angels. Thus he deceived men. …Thus he drew men to join him in rebellion against God, and the night of woe settled down upon the world. {DA 21.3} History repeats itself.

All of you who believe that Jesus had “selfishness”, “pride” , “ambition” "lust" or any other sinful attribute in Him are doing the very thing Satan did in Heaven, “misrepresenting God (in the form of Jesus)” and attributing to God, Satan’s “own evil characteristics”.

I am not saying you are doing this intentionally as Satan did it, but nonetheless, the end result is the same.

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tammy Roesch] #107143
01/05/09 05:41 PM
01/05/09 05:41 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Originally Posted By: Tammy Roesch
I believe that Jones was far from truth in this statement, which is from the 1895 General Conference Bulletin ~

Quote:
He was sinful as we, weak as we, helpless as we, helpless as the man is who is without God; yet by his trust in God, God so visited him, so abode with him, so strengthened him, that, instead of sin ever being manifested, the righteousness of God was always manifested. 1895 –GCB-20

That's only far from truth if that is not just how any Christian is.

You seem, in this post and your next post, to disallow Christ having a true human aspect to his experience: sinful inclination contributing to the battle of facing temptation. Unless Jesus was tempted from within, so to speak - by his assumed, sinful flesh, he is no example, which is precisely what Siste White said to those who asked her what the issue was with discussing Christ's humanity between sinful and sinless...

As for ambition or no ambition..., EGW and Jones aren't contradictory, because the delegates, first of all, at the GC Session, said Amen to Jones' presentations, and...

Sister White was speaking to Jesus' spiritual reaction by faith to Satan's virtually overpowering temptation - which none of us shall be required ever to face, as we don't have to qualify as "Saviour" eek!! - while Jones, perfectly correctly, was describing Jesus' natural, human reaction to the temptation. Thus we have an Example in our great High Priest, for he was taken from among his brethern - as Levitical laws prescribe, and Hebrews reiterates, and he suffered temptations precisely as we do, but he learned obedience to God through those very sufferings (Heb 4).

The "things he suffered" were his humanity's deprivation of sinful satisfaction, since he chose righteousness - by faith: therefore, and only thereby, is his total experience on earth, not forgetting his death and resurrection, the very content of our very Gospel experience - our inner experience: justification - pardon AND renewal of the mind; sanctification - exercise of that "mind of Christ" (ie. the renewed mind) under the Spirit's leading (ie. Christ's presence with us till and beyond probation closing - it closing due to the fact that he shall have finished building our characters, with our agreement...) in building our Christlike characters, the completion of which renders us no longer in need of intercession for he shall have made (yes, the sanctuary "shall" be cleansed!) us perfectly abhorrent of sinning and ready for translation; his resurrection is the glorification of sinful humanity which eradicated its sinfulness - of course, but just enunciating the procedure - and whence we receive immortality in our flesh.

The Gospel of salvation in Jesus thus hinges on his sinfully inclined humanity, for both our justification and our glorification, and everything in between. We like our Elder Brother, exist naturally - fleshly, and spiritually - dead to the sin of the flesh should we be alive to God by his indwelling Spirit: partakers of the divine nature.

Get it?

Got it?

Done. PTL!

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Colin] #107154
01/05/09 09:08 PM
01/05/09 09:08 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Quote:
Sister White was speaking to Jesus' spiritual reaction by faith to Satan's virtually overpowering temptation - which none of us shall be required ever to face, as we don't have to qualify as "Saviour" !! - while Jones, perfectly correctly, was describing Jesus' natural, human reaction to the temptation.

how do you come to these conclusions? what authority is it based on?

i see Christ as fully able to cleanse me of all sin without having to be exactly like me, so i cant see that believing He was somehow "sinful" as any prerequisite to salvation, while i do see others making it very dependent on Christ having sinful tendencies, inclinations, which are, i believe, synonyms for propensities, to be able to be saved.

in other words, "Christ if you were not tempted with the same things i am tempted with then You arent qualified to save me".

i have no such limitations on our Savior. i understand the temptations He suffered in a much different, elevating light, not a demoralizing view.

we do not have legitimate hunger. we hunger for unwholesome foods and drugs. that was not the temptation Jesus fought. Jesus had legitimate hunger and denied that hunger for wholesome food, in the 40 days temptation.

we can rise no higher than our view of Jesus.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: teresaq] #107157
01/05/09 09:36 PM
01/05/09 09:36 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Yes, Christ was literally starving to death when the devil tempted Him to turn stones into bread to feed His starving human body, but to have done so would have been wrong, would have been sinful.

Being as hungry as He was, He was probably tempted to do it, but He didn't give in to that temptation, but instead responded to the temptation with an "It is written."

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Daryl] #107159
01/05/09 09:46 PM
01/05/09 09:46 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
thank you, i did leave that out. but it was still a legitimate hunger as opposed to ours, would you agree? or do you see it differently?

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Page 9 of 100 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 99 100

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/13/24 12:51 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!