HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,963
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 27
kland 24
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Lesson #8 - The Authority of the PROPHETS [Re: Green Cochoa] #108721
02/20/09 06:47 PM
02/20/09 06:47 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Green, I didn't notice your last reply. I don't question Ellen White's gifts and that God has used her greatly. I think I always was consistent in saying this. I understand that there's errors in the Bible, but there's just a few and it doesn't taint the message in whole that God has given to mankind. Yes people can narrow on these little errors, however, this is not what I'm saying here and I'm not focussing on little errors either. It seem you can't see or can't hear what I'm trying to say, and always pull the focuss on that I'm rejecting Ellen White. I'm not.

My concern is that the White Estate and our leaders has been hidding the truth for over 100 years about Ellen white, her writings, history, 1888, and so forth and so on. That's is very serious and via Sabbath School and books and etc... teach us what they want us to know. That's all fine if they are with the Holy Spirit, but if for over a century the same sinful unrepentant rebellious spirit is guiding us, then we are not in safe hands. What happen in 1888 is quite vital for us because it was the mark of a turn in our history. There where doctrinal debates going on and Ellen white and others took some firm stand on what ground to take. The 1888 truth is comming out and we need to take the time to study these. What if Ellen white was warning us about these and they hid these warnings from us. What if they pick and choose what EGW writtings is publish and edit some part of it. What if this is all true that our leaders has been lying to us for a long time. Would you view that as a small error? Would you responce to me differently right now?

If we do not question and see if this is true and test all things with the Bible, then we will fall with the deception. I understand that it's putting us on shaky ground because by questioning the Church we are not solidly standing on what the Church has been teaching us. So we need to reposition our feet on the Bible. Some people might not choose so and just join the world. The world or on false doctrines is the same. There's only one safe ground to stand and it is on the Bible. So we need to ground ourself and test all things with the Bible.

Blessings
Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: Lesson #8 - The Authority of the PROPHETS [Re: Elle] #108723
02/20/09 07:27 PM
02/20/09 07:27 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Ellen White
In the annals of human history, the growth of nations, the rise and fall of empires, appear as if dependent on the will and prowess of man; the shaping of events seems, to a great degree, to be determined by his power, ambition, or caprice. But in the word of God the curtain is drawn aside, and we behold, above, behind, and through all the play and counterplay of human interest and power and passions, the agencies of the All-merciful One, silently, patiently working out the counsels of His own will. {PK 499.4} [Prophets and Kings (1917)]

God is in control. The Holy Scriptures have passed through human hands as well, and they have had changes made to them--especially if you use any translation from the Egyptian/Alexandrian/Neutral codices, which amounts to all English versions except KJV and NJKV. However, even from a corrupted Bible, in most cases all that is necessary for salvation can still be understood.

I trust that God can still speak to me through Mrs. White's writings, even IF they've been altered. I just don't happen to believe they've changed much of note. As you said about the Bible, the changes are just "a few and it doesn't taint the message in whole that God has given." (Here I will only concur if we are speaking of the King James/Textus Receptus. All translations from the Alexandrian line are fraught with changes, some minor, some major.)

Now, the charge of conspiracy to hide yet-unpublished materials is a serious one. However, it is also in God's very capable hands. If I need it for my salvation, He who would empty all of Heaven to save me will also ensure that said material finds me.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #8 - The Authority of the PROPHETS [Re: Green Cochoa] #108725
02/20/09 08:21 PM
02/20/09 08:21 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Thanks Green, Yes you are right, in God's hand I have to put these things in. Sorry for bringing all these here. I just realize this is a publick post and it was not appropriate of me to express these here. Please forgive me all. I won't do this again.

Blessings
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #8 - The Authority of the PROPHETS [Re: Elle] #108728
02/20/09 09:49 PM
02/20/09 09:49 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Elle and others,

If I felt strong enough that these posts were inappropriate for this public Sabbath School forum, then I would have done something about it, however, as Sabbath School in our churches are open to the public, this is also open to the public.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #8 - The Authority of the PROPHETS [Re: Daryl] #108730
02/20/09 10:31 PM
02/20/09 10:31 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
There may be small grammatical inaccuracies, scientific inaccuracies, historical inaccuracies, etc. in the Bible (or any other inspired writings), but if we can't trust it in doctrinal matters, then how can we be sure about what it says regarding the way of salvation? Another question is, Who will determine what is right and what is wrong?

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #8 - The Authority of the PROPHETS [Re: Elle] #108736
02/21/09 01:45 AM
02/21/09 01:45 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Elle
Green, I didn't notice your last reply. I don't question Ellen White's gifts and that God has used her greatly. I think I always was consistent in saying this. I understand that there's errors in the Bible, but there's just a few and it doesn't taint the message in whole that God has given to mankind. Yes people can narrow on these little errors, however, this is not what I'm saying here and I'm not focussing on little errors either. It seem you can't see or can't hear what I'm trying to say, and always pull the focuss on that I'm rejecting Ellen White. I'm not.

My concern is that the White Estate and our leaders has been hidding the truth for over 100 years about Ellen white, her writings, history, 1888, and so forth and so on. That's is very serious and via Sabbath School and books and etc... teach us what they want us to know. That's all fine if they are with the Holy Spirit, but if for over a century the same sinful unrepentant rebellious spirit is guiding us, then we are not in safe hands. What happen in 1888 is quite vital for us because it was the mark of a turn in our history. There where doctrinal debates going on and Ellen white and others took some firm stand on what ground to take. The 1888 truth is comming out and we need to take the time to study these. What if Ellen white was warning us about these and they hid these warnings from us. What if they pick and choose what EGW writtings is publish and edit some part of it. What if this is all true that our leaders has been lying to us for a long time. Would you view that as a small error? Would you responce to me differently right now?

If we do not question and see if this is true and test all things with the Bible, then we will fall with the deception. I understand that it's putting us on shaky ground because by questioning the Church we are not solidly standing on what the Church has been teaching us. So we need to reposition our feet on the Bible. Some people might not choose so and just join the world. The world or on false doctrines is the same. There's only one safe ground to stand and it is on the Bible. So we need to ground ourself and test all things with the Bible.

i honor your concerns, i really do....

my question would be, why are we depending on the quarterly, the church, writings by any in the church, or anything related, or accepting them as any kind of authority?

in other words why would we be following man for any reason?

God is quite able to lead us to the truth.

but sites such as the one you brought up have only led the people ive known to become anchorless. always throwing around the innuendos or outright lies of those sites, too afraid to read/trust the sop and coming out with the strangest bible concoctions.

well, i dont know that i can change your mind, but i have to tell you that what you have offered has not enticed me to give up my anchor. may i suggest that you might have more peace and stability if you ignore such as those sites?

it is true that we do not have much time, but all our faith and hope has to be founded on Jesus, not dwelling on all these other points.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Reply Quote
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/15/24 02:59 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by dedication. 09/15/24 11:53 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by dedication. 09/15/24 12:06 PM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!