HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,216
Posts195,933
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 22
kland 17
asygo 4
Daryl 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
8 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 3 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19
Re: Justification #11289
01/16/05 02:12 PM
01/16/05 02:12 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
John B., I agree with John. The IDEAS you are advocating here, and elsewhere on MSDAOL, are dangerous, if not heretical and blasphemous. Please note that I am being careful to say the IDEAS you are sharing are wrong. I am not saying you are a heretic.

Moderators, it is my wish and desire that MSDAOL staff do something about it. Thank you.

Re: Justification #11290
01/17/05 05:10 AM
01/17/05 05:10 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Mike.

Ok, thanks for reply.

So, you are saying that those who sinned but repent would be forgiven for God had the legal right to pardon them. Meanwhile in the past, their sins had made Christ come and die to redeem them.

Now, I am thinking, is it real that God forgives those who break the law, or is it God pardons because there is no law, and when there is no law there is no transgressions and sin is not imputed. Even so, sin does exist, but the criteria is no longer as “ sin is a transgression of the law” but “whatever is not of faith is sin” and “those who know to do good but don’t do it, to him it is a sin.”

Sin is no longer a transgression of the law, because there is no more law that judge and condemns, it serve only as a traffic light, a means to interpret God’s will.

In the past, when the law still exist, a transgression against the law must be redeemed by Christ’ life in order a man is pardoned. Do you think, that now God has the legal right to pardon sins based on repentance from the sinner? Does this not make him stands against his own law that demands the life of the sinner? Is his action in pardoning sins not overruling the integrity of his law that demands justice and righteousness?

I am a bit confuse about this, I prefer that there is no more law where everybody can live whatever life he wants to lead, but if he wants to go to heaven and live eternally there, he must have the principle of heaven in his heart, which make him FIT for heaven, that is enough!

A man is justified by his faith, meanwhile the judgment is based on his deeds. This is, I believe the truth of the bible, but the deeds are not based on the deeds of the law for the Gospel said: “By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight” – Romans 3:19.

Therefore, the deeds of the law is not the point, IOW, you may forget about the law, it has no meaning in the judgment and in justification.

The point is, do you have the “love of God” in your heart, ruling your life? If yes, you are FIT for heaven! How about your sins in the past? God forgives it all without standing against his law, for you are not under the law since there is no law that stands and exists where you must obey and keep.

What do you think about this idea?

In His love

James S

Re: Justification #11291
01/17/05 05:17 AM
01/17/05 05:17 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Tom.

I am a member of the SDA, but I have stopped to go to church on Sabbath since 3 years ago, because I heard what was preached from the pulpit is always about the Ten Commandments and Sabbath and the obligation to keep and obey it, that a believer is justified by his faith WITH the deeds of the law, which I think is against the Gospel of Christ.

I will first seek the truth, and when I believe that SDA’s teaching really represent the truth of the Bible, then I will back to the church and preach the truth.

In His love

James S

Re: Justification #11292
01/17/05 05:27 AM
01/17/05 05:27 AM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Thank you for your reply James. What is your feeling regarding the Spirit of Prophesy?

Re: Justification #11293
01/17/05 05:40 AM
01/17/05 05:40 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Tom wrote,
quote:
Jesus said He would also not judge, but His words would do the judging.
Jesus didn't say He would never judge. Only that He didn't judge while He was here on earth as a mortal human, during His incarnation. Certainly Jesus will judge all of humankind later on:
Acts 17:31
"Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead."

Romans 2:16
"In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."

2 Timothy 4:1
"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom;"

Hebrews 13:4
"Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge."

Revelation 19:11
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and He that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He doth judge and make war."

Revelation 20:12
"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Psalm 50:6
"And the heavens shall declare His righteousness: for God is judge Himself."

Psalm 82:8
"Arise, O God, judge the earth: for Thou shalt inherit all nations."

Ecclesiastes 3:17
"I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work."

Ecclesiastes 12
13 "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."
Any idea that suggests Christ will not judge the world is utterly contrary to Scripture.

Re: Justification #11294
01/17/05 05:46 AM
01/17/05 05:46 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
John B.:
quote:
You are very right. It is awful dangerous. It is deadly. That is why God wants to save us from it.
I wasn't making the point that sin is deadly. We can all agree on that.

I was making the point that your saying, "sin and righteousness is interchangable," is dangerous, i.e. it's not true. Sin and righteousness are polar opposites, therefore they can't be interchangeable; any more than God and Satan are interchangeable.

Re: Justification #11295
01/17/05 06:04 AM
01/17/05 06:04 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Tom.

I have read most of EGW writings since 1981 and I believe at that time that her writings is really inspired, but later on I have found some ideas that I think is not in harmony with the Gospel of Christ, but I rather think that maybe I misunderstood the message. Her writings some times must be read as if we read Pauline epistles.

In His love

James S

Re: Justification #11296
01/17/05 06:06 AM
01/17/05 06:06 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Mike and others.

What make you think that the law of the Ten Commandments is important, that a believer is under its jurisdiction and is a standard of judgment and righteousness? Even though, the Gospel of Christ said that a believer is justified by his faith WITHOUT the deeds of the law, WHY SDA church still believe and insist that the Ten Commandments must be kept and obeyed? What are the base of this believe? Does a born again believer that walks after the Spirit needs the Ten Commandment as a way of life to live righteously?

In His love

James S

Re: Justification #11297
01/17/05 03:28 PM
01/17/05 03:28 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
quote:
James wrote:

A man is justified by his faith, meanwhile the judgment is based on his deeds. This is, I believe the truth of the bible, but the deeds are not based on the deeds of the law for the Gospel said: “By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight” – Romans 3:19. {verse 20}

I believe this insight should be interpreted to mean: "Whatsoever is not of faith is sin." Rom 14:23. As such, the problem isn't the "deeds of the law" per se, but rather one of faith and works. In other words, if self is the source of our "deeds of the law", then it counts against us in judgment. Why? "Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law." Rom 9:32. Again, whatsoever is not of faith is sin, the transgression of the law.

James, please explain these inspired insights:

"Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." James 2:24.

"That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Rom 8:4.

Re: Justification #11298
01/17/05 09:42 PM
01/17/05 09:42 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Thank you for answering my questions, James. I asked them to get an idea of where you are coming from, so I can better answer your questions.

Did you read the original post to this topic? I would interested in your thoughts regarding that post.

Thanks.

Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/06/24 12:53 AM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/05/24 09:41 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 08/28/24 02:39 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by Rick H. 09/07/24 09:49 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/05/24 09:37 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
The Beginning and Ending of the Sabbath
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:12 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!