HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,066
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Dina, dedication, 1 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: Charity] #112904
05/09/09 06:08 PM
05/09/09 06:08 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
(Mark)If that's accomplished, when we die we relect His image. If we haven't overcome in some area, but God saves us regardless, the imperfection is healed in heaven I think.

This is from AH 16:

Quote:
If you have become estranged and have failed to be Bible Christians, be converted; for the character you bear in probationary time will be the character you will have at the coming of Christ. If you would be a saint in heaven, you must first be a saint on earth. The traits of character you cherish in life will not be changed by death or by the resurrection. You will come up from the grave with the same disposition you manifested in your home and in society. Jesus does not change the character at His coming. The work of transformation must be done now. Our daily lives are determining our destiny.

Mark, I agree with what you wrote in part, and have questions about it in part. First the part I agree with. I agree with the idea that God will heal us in heaven of those things for which we need healing. This is a precious thought. Surely there are all things we need healing for. Maybe the 144,000 will go through this healing during the time of Jacob's trouble, but the rest of us will need healing.

The part I have questions about is qualifying the healing as having to do with areas in which we haven't overcome. That appears to perhaps be disagreeing with the SOP statement. Do you think it does? I'm certainly open to any explanation you have regarding this, because I think your thought is one in harmony with God's character (That is, God would certainly act the way you have suggested, if it were possible; I'm sure of that. But is it possible?)

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: Charity] #112905
05/09/09 06:11 PM
05/09/09 06:11 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Good question. But to avoid going around in useless circles, let's settle something first.

Christ's character stands in the place of ours at some time before death. True?

It appears to me that inspiration tells us this is the case, so there must be a sense in which this is true. In order to determine in what sense this is true, I've asked the following question.

If Christ's character is standing in the place of ours at some time before death, and at death it isn't, what changes between the time before death and the time at death that makes it unnecessary for Christ's character to stand in place of ours?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: Tom] #113064
05/14/09 01:02 AM
05/14/09 01:02 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
Quote:
Good question. But to avoid going around in useless circles, let's settle something first.

Christ's character stands in the place of ours at some time before death. True?

It appears to me that inspiration tells us this is the case, so there must be a sense in which this is true.

Glad we agree.

In order to determine in what sense this is true, I've asked the following question.

If Christ's character is standing in the place of ours at some time before death, and at death it isn't, what changes between the time before death and the time at death that makes it unnecessary for Christ's character to stand in place of ours?

The quote we've been talking about only says that Christ's character stands in place of ours. Do you have a quote that says that we no longer need Christ's covering at death? Let's dissect it.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: Charity] #113065
05/14/09 01:04 AM
05/14/09 01:04 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Good thread! We're 'in Christ' and covered by His character and blood throughout our lives as I see it. The goal is the restoration of His image in us. If that's accomplished, when we die we relect His image. If we haven't overcome in some area, but God saves us regardless, the imperfection is healed in heaven I think.

Or, perhaps, it happens in that twinkling of an eye. Or maybe everything must be overcome this side of eternity.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: asygo] #113080
05/14/09 11:29 AM
05/14/09 11:29 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T:In order to determine in what sense this is true, I've asked the following question.

A:The quote we've been talking about only says that Christ's character stands in place of ours. Do you have a quote that says that we no longer need Christ's covering at death? Let's dissect it.

By "covering" do you mean the same thing as Christ's character standing in the place of ours? Given our characters do not change at death, why would we need Christ's character to stand in the place of ours at death? Given we do, that would seem to imply we would continue to need His character standing in the place of ours after death, since the character does not change. Is this what you're thinking? If not, what are you thinking?

Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: Tom] #113166
05/16/09 07:28 AM
05/16/09 07:28 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Quote:
T:In order to determine in what sense this is true, I've asked the following question.

A:The quote we've been talking about only says that Christ's character stands in place of ours. Do you have a quote that says that we no longer need Christ's covering at death? Let's dissect it.

By "covering" do you mean the same thing as Christ's character standing in the place of ours?

Yes. Is there a quote that says Christ's character won't stand in the place of our if we're dead?

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: asygo] #113176
05/16/09 02:34 PM
05/16/09 02:34 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Arnold, please answer my questions. The one question you did answer was just a question of clarification. I wanted to make sure I understood you correctly, which you verified. Please go on to the other questions. I'm trying to find out what you're thinking. You shouldn't need to have quotes presented to you to know what you think.

Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: Tom] #113197
05/16/09 10:46 PM
05/16/09 10:46 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Given our characters do not change at death

That's the point of my investigation. Is that a given? Where are we given that? I want to dig deeper than my previous understanding.

why would we need Christ's character to stand in the place of ours at death?

If our characters do not measure up to the standard of Christ's righteousness, we would need a substitute.

Consider this:
Quote:
No deep-seated love for Jesus can dwell in the heart that does not realize its own sinfulness. The soul that is transformed by the grace of Christ will admire His divine character; but if we do not see our own moral deformity, it is unmistakable evidence that we have not had a view of the beauty and excellence of Christ. {SC 65.1}

The heart that loves Jesus can still have sinfulness. The transformed soul still has moral deformity.

Given we do, that would seem to imply we would continue to need His character standing in the place of ours after death, since the character does not change. Is this what you're thinking? If not, what are you thinking?

It is at the last trump where our corruption is turned into incorruption. So we may need the Mercy Seat/hilasterion until then to cover our corruption.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: asygo] #113200
05/16/09 10:51 PM
05/16/09 10:51 PM
L
liane  Offline
Deceased Member (July 2009)
Bishop, CA
Just picking at this. One statement says "at our death" the other says "when we are dead."

At the moment we die we better have Jesus covering us, but once we are dead it does not matter because one way or the other we are sealed to eternal death or life.

Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: liane] #113222
05/17/09 05:12 AM
05/17/09 05:12 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
liane, this is begging the question, why had we better have Jesus covering us at the moment we die? You say after death it doesn't matter, because we are sealed. This seems to imply the deciding point to your way of thinking is whether or not we are sealed.

So let's consider the 144,000, after being sealed. I take it, to your way of thinking, they no longer need the covering of Jesus Christ because they are sealed. Have I understood you correctly?

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/13/24 12:51 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!