HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,205
Posts195,709
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 11
kland 7
Daryl 3
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, 1 invisible), 1,818 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Re: Harmony with God #11353
11/05/04 04:23 AM
11/05/04 04:23 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Will, the inspired insights of Sister White represent present truth. To set aside new light in favor of old light is dangerous ground. Please listen to the prophets and prosper, otherwise you make of none effect the voice of God to the remnant church.

2 Chronicles
20:20 Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

Hosea
4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

We are not saved by faith alone, simply for the reason true faith is never alone, it is always accompanied by corresponding works. Faith without works is dead.

James
2:14 What [doth it] profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

If we refuse to comply with the will and voice of God, as expressed through the inspired counsel of Sister White, then we are in an unsaved state. If we reject and refuse to adopt and implement the endtime vegan diet, advocated in the SOP, then we are rebellion against God and His kingdom. Any injurious habit we indulge by choice violates our soul temple, the throne of God, and is a sin against the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians
3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

1 Corinthians
6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians
10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Re: Harmony with God #11354
11/05/04 04:28 AM
11/05/04 04:28 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
I am like Will interested in the bible references to when and why eating kosher meat would be a salvation issue. And before anyone comes around to remind of the first sin of eating the fruit of knowledge of good and evil, Id like to say this was about trusting God or not trusting God. Eating kosher meat can only be compared if such scripture can be found than clearly says God forbids it.

What I find strange is that Gods rules on food would have gone from middle hard (if you touch this and that animal, you must wash and be unclean till evening), to more open (eat that which God made with thanksgiving, and, only this do we place upon them that they refrain from eating blood) to supposedly in our days be (eat meat and your eternal salvation is threatened or maybe lost for it).

Anyways, maybe this is the wrong thread to post this but then the question has appeared here so...

/Thomas

Re: Harmony with God #11355
11/05/04 04:41 AM
11/05/04 04:41 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lowe:
If we refuse to comply with the will and voice of God, as expressed through the inspired counsel of Sister White, then we are in an unsaved state. If we reject and refuse to adopt and implement the endtime vegan diet, advocated in the SOP, then we are rebellion against God and His kingdom. Any injurious habit we indulge by choice violates our soul temple, the throne of God, and is a sin against the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians
6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Mike, I dont really understand your point here. First you say that to eat animal products or animals is a sin against the body which is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Then you quote a text that says that ONLY fornication counts as such a sin. You got me confused this time allright.

/Thomas

Re: Harmony with God #11356
11/05/04 04:49 AM
11/05/04 04:49 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Sorry Mike. You can't topple the Word of God using Sister White's writings as a platform and go against what she specifically said regarding if there is a contradiction between her writings and the Bible, and that is to use the Bible. You have chosen to follow her as your voice, and I have chosen since a child to follow Jesus.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Harmony with God #11357
11/05/04 04:54 AM
11/05/04 04:54 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
I also noticed no Bible verses to back up the claim of salvation by works either. Not only that no vereses to back up the claim of going head first to hell for eating a chicken wing. Personally I would find it rather unusual and alarming when I can't back up my claim with the Bible. Sister White is not the Bible, and unfortunately many people refer to her as if she was Jesus.
Present truth is found... In the Bible.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Harmony with God #11358
11/04/04 05:01 PM
11/04/04 05:01 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Shelley, another way to look at Jesus' thoughts regarding the binding nature of the law is from the prospective the Christian Church. In the OT dispensation the nation of God was governed by a theocracy, but in the NT dispensation the church of God governs herself under the jurisdiction of earthly governments. As such, certain rights and privileges enjoyed in the OT are no longer available in the NT. For example, the Church no longer possesses the right to administer the death penalty for capitol offences. God has given this responsibility to earthly governments, which we are enjoined to obey unto salvation or damnation.

Romans
13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.
13:5 Wherefore [ye] must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
13:6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

Nevertheless, just because the Church can no longer function independent of earthly governments in matters concerning the death penalty it does not mean God has abolished those aspects of His law. They still apply, but in a manner altogether different than in OT times. Thus, the words of Jesus stand true today, as always. And we would do well to heed His words, our eternal life depends on it. We will never enter heaven unless our righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees.

Matthew
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

By the way, being called the least in the kingdom of heaven does not imply impenitent lawbreakers will occupy a lower status in heaven than those who obeyed every aspect of God’s law. This passage refers to how the heavenly inhabitants classify lawbreakers and law keepers. Liars and lawbreakers will not enter heaven unless, of course, they repent and obey the law of God perfectly.

Revelation
21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Re: Harmony with God #11359
11/04/04 05:07 PM
11/04/04 05:07 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
When are the following promises a reality? Under what circumstances do they apply? Please explain your answer, and provide scripture to support it. Thank you.

Genesis
17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I [am] the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Psalm
119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Jeremiah
31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ezekiel
36:26, 27 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them].

Matthew
5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

John
8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Romans
6:2, 6 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? ... Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

1 Corinthians
7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

2 Corinthians
5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Galatians
5:16 [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Hebrews
13:20, 21 Now the God of peace... Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.

James
3:2 If any man offend not in word, the same [is] a perfect man, [and] able also to bridle the whole body.

1 Peter
2:1-3 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: if so be ye have tasted that the Lord [is] gracious.

1 Peter
4:1, 2 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; that he no longer should live the rest of [his] time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

2 Peter
1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

1 John
1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1 John
3:6-9 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John
5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

MH 180
Christ came to make us "partakers of the divine nature," and His life declares that humanity, combined with divinity, does not commit sin. {MH 180.5}

Re: Harmony with God #11360
11/04/04 05:08 PM
11/04/04 05:08 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
I may not be the best person to comment the question of Ms White vs Bible since I havent read much of her books, but recently I have done some searches in the EW library using bible either alone or with other keywords and based on what I then read, there is no way anyone could claim that what Ellen wrote should replace anything that is written in the bible. She defends the bible and its worth in stronger words than anyone I have yet seen in this forum.

/Thomas

Re: Harmony with God #11361
11/04/04 05:11 PM
11/04/04 05:11 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
The quick answer is that the promises you have written become a reality when one exercises faith.

It would be more fruitful, IMO, to develop some sort of argument, using a few quotations to support a position, rather than quote a whole long list of texts. Everyone in this disucssion believes the Bible. Not everyone understands the Bible the same way. The thing to consider is what a text means.

Re: Harmony with God #11362
11/04/04 05:15 PM
11/04/04 05:15 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Thomas and Will, whether or not we can eat our way out of heaven is a very important issue. Diet and health reform are the right arm of the 3AMs. If we reject it we reject God. Deliberately eating something unclean, or unfit for human consumption, is a sin. And if we refuse to repent and confrom to the will of God, to present truth, our sin will bar the gates of heaven against us. The choice is ours.

CD 73
The gospel of health has able advocates, but their work has been made very hard because so many ministers, presidents of conferences, and others in positions of influence, have failed to give the question of health reform its proper attention. They have not recognized it in its relation to the work of the message as the right arm of the body. While very little respect has been shown to this department by many of the people, and by some of the ministers, the Lord has shown His regard for it by giving it abundant prosperity. {CD 73.1}

When properly conducted, the health work is an entering wedge, making a way for other truths to reach the heart. When the third angel's message is received in its fullness, health reform will be given its place in the councils of the conference, in the work of the church, in the home, at the table, and in all the household arrangements. Then the right arm will serve and protect the body. {CD 73.2}

But while the health work has its place in the promulgation of the third angel's message, its advocates must not in any way strive to make it take the place of the message. {CD 73.3}

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Looking to Escape the Heat
by dedication. 07/04/24 12:04 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by Rick H. 06/28/24 08:37 PM
"Justice" or torture?
by kland. 06/28/24 08:28 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 06/21/24 08:34 AM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by kland. 06/17/24 05:14 PM
Spiritual Evolution
by dedication. 06/10/24 04:22 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by dedication. 06/10/24 12:21 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 06/09/24 06:50 PM
Deceptive Doctrines of Devils
by dedication. 06/07/24 05:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 06/07/24 01:04 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 06/06/24 05:13 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
LGBTQ+ Rainbow Decorates SDA Website
by dedication. 07/04/24 01:37 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by asygo. 06/27/24 03:58 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by kland. 06/17/24 05:57 PM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 06/17/24 05:52 PM
The Investigative Judgment
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:22 PM
Will we continue to sin till the end?
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:15 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 06/06/24 10:25 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!