HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,204
Posts195,705
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 9
kland 7
Daryl 3
asygo 2
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Re: Harmony with God #11363
11/04/04 05:20 PM
11/04/04 05:20 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Mike,
I still see the following:
1. Working your way to heaven
2. No Bible verses to back up the claim of eating chicken, or fish will prevent you from going to heaven using the Bible.

No one has the right to say that yo uwill go to heaven if you eat broccoli and the fish eating Christian is hell bound. That is not Biblical at all. Show me in the Bible where that is found.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Harmony with God #11364
11/04/04 05:22 PM
11/04/04 05:22 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, I agree with you, The promises of God apply to us the moment we are born again and believe them through faith. Others seem to disagree. They might apply them to certain defects of character, but not to all of them. They seem to feel there are certain sins we do not overcome until after years of gradually outgrowing them. By the way, the reason I posted so many promises which say the same thing is because some people tend to twist isolated promises to serve a lie. But it's harder to get away with that in light of a multitude of testimonies. Some still manage to figure out a way though.

Re: Harmony with God #11365
11/04/04 05:33 PM
11/04/04 05:33 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
quote:
Will, the inspired insights of Sister White represent present truth. To set aside new light in favor of old light is dangerous ground. Please listen to the prophets and prosper, otherwise you make of none effect the voice of God to the remnant church.

2 Chronicles
20:20 Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

Hosea
4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

We are not saved by faith alone, simply for the reason true faith is never alone, it is always accompanied by corresponding works. Faith without works is dead.

James
2:14 What [doth it] profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

If we refuse to comply with the will and voice of God, as expressed through the inspired counsel of Sister White, then we are in an unsaved state. If we reject and refuse to adopt and implement the endtime vegan diet, advocated in the SOP, then we are rebellion against God and His kingdom. Any injurious habit we indulge by choice violates our soul temple, the throne of God, and is a sin against the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians
3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

1 Corinthians
6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians
10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Will, if these passages mean nothing to you in light of the endtime vegan diet advocated and required by God in the SOP, then I don't suppose you can be convinced. Please read Counsels on Diets and Foods and tell me what you think. It's not a matter of working our way in or out of heaven, it's a matter of faith and works, law and grace - the age old argument. We cannot work our way to heaven, but none of us will be there if we refuse to allow heaven to work its way in us.

SC 62, 63
More than this, Christ changes the heart. He abides in your heart by faith. You are to maintain this connection with Christ by faith and the continual surrender of your will to Him; and so long as you do this, He will work in you to will and to do according to His good pleasure. So you may say, "The life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20. So Jesus said to His disciples, "It is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you." Matthew 10:20. Then with Christ working in you, you will manifest the same spirit and do the same good works --works of righteousness, obedience. {SC 62.3}

So we have nothing in ourselves of which to boast. We have no ground for self-exaltation. Our only ground of hope is in the righteousness of Christ imputed to us, and in that wrought by His Spirit working in and through us. {SC 63.1}

Notice what she says here: "Our only ground of hope is in the righteousness of Christ imputed to us, and in that wrought by His Spirit working in and through us." It takes both. We are not saved by faith alone, because true faith is never alone. True faith works by love and purifies the soul. "Faith which worketh by love." Gal 5:6.

Re: Harmony with God #11366
11/04/04 06:06 PM
11/04/04 06:06 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Hi Mike,
I understand clearly that it is not by faith alone, nor by works alone. That is not the issue, but the issue is the condemnation of a person due to them eating turkey, fish or chicken. That is what its about.
Too much of anything is harmful, and if it is unfit for human consumption such as infected meats then don't touch it. Waving a stick of "not listening to Counsel" which would result in making of none effect the Word of God is akin to arm twisting. God will not banish you from heaven because you ate fish! You will not go to heaven if you are not saved plain and simple. JOhn 3:16 cuts right to it quickly. Naturally this doesn;t mean anyone can live a life of decandence, and their salvation is not negated by eating fish.. You will not lose your salvation for eating fish, or turkey, or chicken. It is not Biblical plain and simple. I am looking for Bible verses to support the eating of fish and chicken and it affecting your Salvation i.e. You will not go to heaven.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Harmony with God #11367
11/04/04 06:46 PM
11/04/04 06:46 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Mike
Yes, the question is indeed whether what we eat will bring us closer or further from God. The bible indicates that such which is eaten with good concience will bring us neither closer nor further while you say this has changed since 150 +- years ago.

You claim that the health message is the right arm of the 3AM. How can this be? The chapter talking about the 3AM does not mention food, it talks about worship, unless of course you see Gods wine of wrath as a foodstuff. Health may be, or even is, the method which SDA has used and in many places is using to bring the 3AM to people. Is this the same as being the right arm I wonder?

Further I notice that what you here call unclean and unfit for consumption, considdering that we here are talking bird and fish, is something the bible never calls unclean or unfit for consumption. Some birds, though perhaps not chickens, where what the poor should bring as an offering before God. Do you call such unclean which God in those days would accept as an offering?

If we refuse Gods will for us, then its agreed that such a choise is like locking one self out of Gods presence. The question here is wether Gods will for us took a 180 degree turn on this particular issue at a sertain point in time. This unless someone can show that eating no meat whatsoever is a natural step in Gods process of showing us His will. That would require this person to show a process going from much meat (in egypt for instance) to meat of a sertain kind only (at sinai) to, here comes the apparent problem. Is the consumption of clean meats further restricted in the prophets or NT as would be the case in a gradual revealing of veganism? It does not seem so but maybe someone has researched it and can show if and where I (supposedly) am wrong.

/Thomas

Re: Harmony with God #11368
11/04/04 07:33 PM
11/04/04 07:33 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Regarding the health message, the general principle is that since God communicates with us through the mind, we should take care of our minds so that we can understand what He is saying to us. This is especially important in the context of the last days in which we live.

Re: Harmony with God #11369
11/05/04 12:29 AM
11/05/04 12:29 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I never understood the Health Message in the area of a vegetarian diet versus a non-vegetarian diet as being a salvation issue, however, I remember that EGW stated that a vegetarian believer and follower of Christ would live to be translated, whereas, God out of mercy would not suffer a non-vegetarian believer and follower of Christ to go through the time of trouble, as his body wouldn't be in any condition to make it through that ordeal.

In other words, a non-vegetarian believer would be laid to rest prior to the time of trouble to be resurrected at the Second Coming.

I don't recall reading anywhere in her writings that a non-vegetarian believer and follower of Christ would be lost.

If necessary, I will need to do some research for EGW references and quotes.

Re: Harmony with God #11370
11/05/04 01:49 AM
11/05/04 01:49 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Okay. Enough said. Unless someone else wants to share more quotes regarding the necessity of a vegan diet, during the closing scenes of Earth's history (I'm not talking today, right now), I won't say any more. Please read the book Counsels on Diet and Foods to see for yourself what Sister White said about it. Our body is the temple of God, what we do with it directly effects His dwelling place. The choice is ours.

When the choices include fruits, nuts, grains, vegetables and legumes - I can testify that meat is not necessary, indeed, the medical journals are proving over and over again that not only is meat not necessary, it's also one of the leading causes of cancer and heart disease. I'm not going to put anything in my body, if better choices are available, that can rob me of my health, especially since my family has a history of cancer and heart disease.

The Bible condones eating fruit, but I'm not going to eat fruit that has gone bad or has been proven to cause long term illnesses. I feel the same about meat. There is no safe meat, not any more, and hasn't been for many years. Besides, people who insist on eating beef, because it is considered clean in the Bible, usually do not eat it kosher, according to the Bible - no blood, no fat. Many animals die of their accord. To eat it is to sin. Do they know if the animal they're eating was killed properly? Do they care? Do they bother to ask? If not, they are not in harmony with God's law.

CH 480
The Lord has been sending us line upon line, and if we reject these principles, we are not rejecting the messenger who teaches them, but the One who has given us the principles. {CH 480.1}

CME 31, 32
Reform, continual reform, must be kept before the people, and by our example we must enforce our teachings. True religion and the laws of health go hand in hand. It is impossible to work for the salvation of men and women without presenting to them the need of breaking away from sinful gratifications, which destroy the health, debase the soul, and prevent divine truth from impressing the mind. Men and women must be taught to take a careful review of every habit and every practice, and at once put away those things that cause an unhealthy condition of the body, and thus cast a dark shadow over the mind.-Counsels on Health, p. 445. {CME 31.4}

Those who act as teachers are to be intelligent in regard to disease and its causes, understanding that every action of the human agent should be in perfect harmony with the laws of life. The light God has given on health reform is for our salvation and the salvation of the world. Men and women should be informed in regard to the human habitation, fitted up by our Creator as His dwelling place, and over which He desires us to be faithful stewards. "For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people."--Review and Herald, Nov. 12, 1901. {CME 32.1}

CME 35, 36,
As a people we have been given the work of making known the principles of health reform. There are some who think that the question of diet is not of sufficient importance to be included in their evangelistic work. But such make a great mistake. God's Word declares, "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." The subject of temperance, in all its bearings, has an important place in the work of salvation.-- Testimonies, Vol. 9, p. 112. {CME 35.4}

Edit: included the quotes from Sister White.

[ November 04, 2004, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: Mike Lowe ]

Re: Harmony with God #11371
11/05/04 02:50 AM
11/05/04 02:50 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
My issue here isn't whether we shouldn't eat meat whether beef, chicken, etc. but, if a person chooses to eat these and other clean meat, it is a salvation issue, whether it is a salvation issue in that a person who does so will lose their salvation.

My thoughts are that it is not a salvation issue. There will be consequences, however, it isn't a salvation issue.

Re: Harmony with God #11372
11/05/04 03:03 AM
11/05/04 03:03 AM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
Testimony Studies on Diet and Foods
Diet and Morals----PG- 26

2 T.--352
" If ever there was a time when the diet should be of the most simple kind, it is now. Meat should not be placed before our children. Its influence is to excite and strengthen the lower passions, and has a tendency to deaden
the moral powers. Grains and fruits prepared free from grease, and in as natural a condition as possible, should be the food for the tables of all who claim to be preparing for translation to Heaven. The less feverish the diet, the more easily can the passions be controlled. gratification of taste should not be consulted irrespective of physical, intellectual, or moral health."

Counsels on Diet and Foods

- Flesh Meats (Proteins Continued) -PG- 380

Preparing for Translation

Among those who are waiting for the coming of the Lord, meat eating will eventually be done away; flesh will cease to form a part of their diet. We should ever keep this end in view, and endeavor to work steadily toward it. I
cannot think that in the practice of flesh eating we are in harmony with the light which God has been pleased to give us. All who are connected with our health institutions especially should be educating themselves to subsist on fruits, grains, and vegetables. If we move from principle in these things, if we as Christian reformers educate our own taste, and bring our diet to God's plan, then we may exert an influence upon others in this matter, which will be pleasing to God."

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by Rick H. 06/28/24 08:37 PM
"Justice" or torture?
by kland. 06/28/24 08:28 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 06/21/24 08:34 AM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by kland. 06/17/24 05:14 PM
Spiritual Evolution
by dedication. 06/10/24 04:22 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by dedication. 06/10/24 12:21 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 06/09/24 06:50 PM
Deceptive Doctrines of Devils
by dedication. 06/07/24 05:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 06/07/24 01:04 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 06/06/24 05:13 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
LGBTQ+ Rainbow Decorates SDA Website
by ProdigalOne. 06/29/24 06:22 AM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by asygo. 06/27/24 03:58 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by kland. 06/17/24 05:57 PM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 06/17/24 05:52 PM
The Investigative Judgment
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:22 PM
Will we continue to sin till the end?
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:15 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 06/06/24 10:25 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!