HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,066
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Dina, dedication, 1 invisible), 1,631 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Re: Immortality and Jesus Death on the Cross & Jesus Divine Nature on Earth [Re: Elle] #111381
04/08/09 11:50 AM
04/08/09 11:50 AM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Ok, I gathered all the main text that I know of that shed light on the incarnation of Christ. If there are some more, I would really appreciate if you post them here. I would like gather them together.

1. Luk 1:35 The angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God."
(Holy child means having the presence of God. John the baptist was also filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb. So now, I lean that it is the same for Christ, because scriptures says at many places that Jesus was filled with the Spirit of His Father.)

2. 1Cor 15:45 So also it is written, “The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit." Through Christ we have life. So this text could be referring to what Jesus said about Himself being the life and the ressurection.

3. Rom 8:3 "For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh" Likeness can be taken in two ways. Now I'm leanient to believe it meant that Jesus was 100% man, including his brain. Previously, I didn't think Jesus was physically/genetically the same as us.

4. Phl 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: I checked the word "no reputation" G2758, which means to empty, make empty, or to laid aside equality with or the form of God.

At the begining I only had the first 3 texts which I quoted in a few of my post. The 4th text is a new one for me. So it's shedding new light and I've abandonned what I thought a few weeks ago. This is how I view it now and would like to hear your comments.

So Phil 2:7 seems to say that Jesus put aside the form of God, or made himself empty of the form of God when incarnated. So that would harmonize with the fact that He didn't have immortality when he was on earth, and could die the death of any man.

Also, having not the omniscience then, he could be tempted just like any man.

Also when Jesus said "I can of mine own self do nothing" Jn 5, He probably meant what He said. He didn't have any Omnipotence and all the other attributes.

Having not the divine attributes, does not mean it made him less "the son of God". He was 100% the son of God, but was stripped of his form of God including all the powers that comes with it, so he can be a servant in the likeness of a Man.

But being the Son of God, His authority always remain, because He is what He is regardless of His stipping of power on earth. He came on earth to show the Father and to die.

Blessings
Re: Immortality and Jesus Death on the Cross & Jesus Divine Nature on Earth [Re: Elle] #111386
04/08/09 02:31 PM
04/08/09 02:31 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Elle
Originally Posted By: teresaq
when Jesus said, i am, why did those who came out to get him fall to the ground?
Jesus had authority. Jesus always remained the Son of God.

The SOP tells us that an angel made the men fall.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Immortality and Jesus Death on the Cross & Jesus Divine Nature on Earth [Re: asygo] #111402
04/08/09 04:53 PM
04/08/09 04:53 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I had always thought it was Christ revealing a portion of His divinity within that caused them to fall, however, I also remember it being an angel coming between Christ and those men, but then the timing of the angel doing this is interesting.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Immortality and Jesus Death on the Cross & Jesus Divine Nature on Earth [Re: Elle] #111416
04/08/09 06:26 PM
04/08/09 06:26 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
4. Phl 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: I checked the word "no reputation" G2758, which means to empty, make empty, or to laid aside equality with or the form of God.

Of course Jesus didn't come in the form of God, otherwise all those whom He met would have been annihilated. Now, saying He didn't possess the attributes of God is entirely another thing. If He had divested Himself of the attributes of God He would have ceased to be God - this is obvious. What makes God, God is His attributes. I noticed you didn't explain the texts I cited. Could someone who was not God forgive sins? Of course not - even the Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy because of that. Could someone who doesn't have life in himself say, "I am the life"? Christ's greatest temptation was to use His attributes for His own benefit. How do you explain the first temptation if Christ didn't have the power to change stones into bread?

Re: Immortality and Jesus Death on the Cross & Jesus Divine Nature on Earth [Re: Tom] #111417
04/08/09 06:38 PM
04/08/09 06:38 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Paul wrote:

1 Timothy
3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Ellen White observed:

The study of the incarnation of Christ, His atoning sacrifice and mediatorial work, will employ the mind of the diligent student as long as time shall last; and looking to heaven with its unnumbered years he will exclaim, "Great is the mystery of godliness." {COL 133.4}

Re: Immortality and Jesus Death on the Cross & Jesus Divine Nature on Earth [Re: Mountain Man] #111418
04/08/09 06:39 PM
04/08/09 06:39 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
"God had a knowledge of the events of the future, even before the creation of the world. He did not make His purposes to fit circumstances, but He allowed matters to develop and work out. He did not work to bring about a certain condition of things, but He knew that such a condition would exist. The plan that should be carried out upon the defection of any of the high intelligences of heaven--this is the secret, the mystery which has been hid from ages. And an offering was prepared in the eternal purposes to do the very work which God has done for fallen humanity. {6BC 1082.3}

The incarnation of Christ is a mystery. The union of divinity with humanity is a mystery indeed, hidden with God, "even the mystery which hath been hid from ages." It was kept in eternal silence by Jehovah, and was first revealed in Eden, by the prophecy that the Seed of the woman should bruise the serpent's head, and that he should bruise His heel. {6BC 1082.4}

To present to the world this mystery that God kept in silence for eternal ages before the world was created, before man was created, was the part that Christ was to act in the work He entered upon when He came to this earth. And this wonderful mystery, the incarnation of Christ and the atonement that He made, must be declared to every son and daughter of Adam. {6BC 1082.5}

The incarnation of Christ is the mystery of all mysteries. {6BC 1082.6}

Re: Immortality and Jesus Death on the Cross & Jesus Divine Nature on Earth [Re: Elle] #111435
04/08/09 11:08 PM
04/08/09 11:08 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA

dealing with just this verse above for the moment. we need the preceding verses to get the point paul is trying to make. the point is humility, and paul would have us humble ourselves as well by studying how Jesus lowered Himself farther and farther.

Quote:
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Quote:
elle: I checked the word "no reputation" G2758, which means to empty, make empty, or to laid aside equality with or the form of God.

you seemed to have gone a step further than what the definition gave.
G2758 kenoō
From G2756; to make empty, that is, (figuratively) to abase, neutralize, falsify: - make (of none effect, of no reputation, void), be in vain.

Jesus abased Himself for our sakes.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Immortality and Jesus Death on the Cross & Jesus Divine Nature on Earth [Re: asygo] #111436
04/08/09 11:12 PM
04/08/09 11:12 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: asygo
Originally Posted By: teresaq
when Jesus said, i am, why did those who came out to get him fall to the ground?
Jesus had authority. Jesus always remained the Son of God.

The SOP tells us that an angel made the men fall.

i stand corrected, almost. smile
Quote:
A divine light illuminated the Saviour's face, and a dovelike form overshadowed Him {DA 694.5}
ill have to check but i believe my memory is still valid for driving out the temple crowd, tho.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Immortality and Jesus Death on the Cross & Jesus Divine Nature on Earth [Re: teresaq] #112385
04/29/09 02:21 AM
04/29/09 02:21 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Locking the topic until one of us gets around to fixing it up.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Immortality and Jesus Death on the Cross & Jesus Divine Nature on Earth [Re: asygo] #114206
06/06/09 01:07 AM
06/06/09 01:07 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
OK.

It seems this topic got locked and forgotten, therefore, I thank Elle for bringing this to my attention.

I have skimmed through the thread and noticed the topic within a topic, however, seeing a lot of time has gone by since the thread was closed, I am going to open the thread as is and then see if we can figure out what needs to be moved into another topic and under what new topic name.

I am hoping asygo and Elle will work with me via group PM in getting this separated into two topics.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/13/24 12:51 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!