HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,216
Posts195,933
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 22
kland 17
asygo 4
Daryl 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
8 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 3 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Rosangela] #114634
06/12/09 12:27 AM
06/12/09 12:27 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Mark,

When sins are blotted out, God does not save a backup copy of them (otherwise they aren't really blotted out). If someone's sins are blotted out, but in the future that person abandons Christ, this means that that person will not be accountable to God for those sins which were blotted out. Is this what you believe?

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Tom] #114660
06/12/09 11:51 AM
06/12/09 11:51 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
The truth of the messages doesn't do any good if it is not heard. They don't really "live on" in this case. They're more "slumbering, as if dead."

Eugene Prewitt of OHC makes a good observation regarding whether a message is heard or not. When Christ says to the Laodicean church: "behold, I stand at the door and knock, if any man hear my voice..." Prewitt observes that there's an 'if' in the passage and he concludes that some must not hear the knock. And the reason they don't hear is that they aren't placing themselves where they can hear - by reading and applying the prophets, the SOP and the messenger's God sends. The message is sounding to Laodicea, but in many cases, it's not being heard. So the heart door is shut.

Does it seem reasonable that God would call the final and seventh church to account? If so, how would he do it? Isn't the truth of this message itself the latter rain message for us, the one we'll account for?

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Charity] #114664
06/12/09 01:09 PM
06/12/09 01:09 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mark
Prewitt observes that there's an 'if' in the passage and he concludes that some must not hear the knock. And the reason they don't hear is that they aren't placing themselves where they can hear - by reading and applying the prophets, the SOP and the messenger's God sends. The message is sounding to Laodicea, but in many cases, it's not being heard. So the heart door is shut.
I haven't read Prewitt and maybe he says this to, but can I add to Prewitt thoughts the essentials?

I believe it is Jesus standing outside the door, and the knock, is Truly His voice. He works in bringing us to a point of reflection through trials, and He knocks. He wants to come in our heart and teach us all truth as written in 1Jo 2:27 and give us Life eternal, which is only found when He's inside.

Scriptures can only be read and applied in it's true context when we dine regularly with Jesus who is the Truth and the Way. Only through surrendering self and opening the door to let Christ mind and heart in; then He will reveal all Truths and will set us Free and give us the real victory only found in Christ.

Many are avid readers and applying scriptures and SOP to what their own "mind" or "Self" has understood. However, you will be far from the Truth and Christ will say, "I know you not". These are the people who have the Laodiceans state and spirit.

The Laodicean condition was also with the Jewish Faith at His first coming. They knew scriptures, the common Jewish people let the leaders interpret scriptures for them, just as we find our Church today. Paul did not come close to understand what he thought he knew, until he met up with Jesus.

Jesus inside our heart can only be possible if ourself is dead, which makes a whole difference in our condition and outview of scriptures. Just like night and day.

Blessings
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Rosangela] #114667
06/12/09 02:20 PM
06/12/09 02:20 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Mark,

When sins are blotted out, God does not save a backup copy of them (otherwise they aren't really blotted out). If someone's sins are blotted out, but in the future that person abandons Christ, this means that that person will not be accountable to God for those sins which were blotted out. Is this what you believe?

I have to admit that this point has always been confusing to me. Actually, not exactly the what, but the when. For example, when Christ says (through David) "as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us," it must necessarily be referencing a future point in time, and be looking back at it as though it were historical fact.

My understanding is that if a person is lost, ALL of their sins will be upon them. Only if they are saved will those sins, all of them, be placed upon the scapegoat (Satan). It's all or none either way.

Thus, when the Bible speaks of our sins being remembered no more, it is speaking of a time yet future, because the books of record will yet be reviewed by everyone, that it may be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has been fair in every case. This is why Mrs. White speaks of having "Forgiven" written beside the record of confessed sins. The record, however, is still there. During the millennium, the records will be opened. I think after the millennium they will be forever expunged and/or sealed, for it says that at that point, He will wipe away every tear and the former things will be remembered no more.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
The work of the investigative judgment and the blotting out of sins is to be accomplished before the second advent of the Lord. Since the dead are to be judged out of the things written in the books, it is impossible that the sins of men should be blotted out until after the judgment at which their cases are to be investigated. But the apostle Peter distinctly states that the sins of believers will be blotted out "when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; and He shall send Jesus Christ." Acts 3:19, 20. When the investigative judgment closes, Christ will come, and His reward will be with Him to give to every man as his work shall be. {GC 485.2}

Sins that have not been repented of and forsaken will not be pardoned and blotted out of the books of record, but will stand to witness against the sinner in the day of God. He may have committed his evil deeds in the light of day or in the darkness of night; but they were open and manifest before Him with whom we have to do. Angels of God witnessed each sin and registered it in the unerring records. Sin may be concealed, denied, covered up from father, mother, wife, children, and associates; no one but the guilty actors may cherish the least suspicion of the wrong; but it is laid bare before the intelligences of heaven. The darkness of the darkest night, the secrecy of all deceptive arts, is not sufficient to veil one thought from the knowledge of the Eternal. God has an exact record of every unjust account and every unfair dealing. He is not deceived by appearances of piety. He makes no mistakes in His estimation of character. Men may be deceived by those who are corrupt in heart, but God pierces all disguises and reads the inner life. {GC 486.2}

It appears that the sins are blotted only for the righteous during the investigative judgment. The sins of the wicked will stand on record for the jury of the saints to review during the millennium.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Green Cochoa] #114691
06/12/09 08:31 PM
06/12/09 08:31 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
R:If someone's sins are blotted out, but in the future that person abandons Christ, this means that that person will not be accountable to God for those sins which were blotted out.

As Waggoner pointed out, deleting a record of the sins is meaningless of itself. To be blotted out, the sins must be removed from the person's being, his character. The records simply reflect the reality of the character.

To be sealed is to be so settled in the truth that one cannot be moved, so the above is describing an impossible situation anyway.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Tom] #114692
06/12/09 08:35 PM
06/12/09 08:35 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Does it seem reasonable that God would call the final and seventh church to account? If so, how would he do it?

Robert J. Wieland has written a couple of books on this subject. You might be interested in taking a look at one. I really like "A knocking at the door" very much. I don't know if it's still available. If it's not, "Corporate Repentance" should be, which presents similar ideas.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Rosangela] #114698
06/12/09 10:17 PM
06/12/09 10:17 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Can I ask you a question Rosangela: Do you think the judgment of the living is a process or simply and examination of the individual's case? Will the individual come up to the judgment at a single point in time - when his book of record is opened? Or does the judgment of the living deal with enlightenment and with being confronted with choices as a result of our enlightenment? And what are the implications for either option? For example, when does probation close in both cases? Or can both views be true?

PS, I wrote the above before realizing you and others had posted more comments.

Last edited by Mark Shipowick; 06/12/09 10:23 PM.
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Green Cochoa] #114712
06/13/09 01:16 AM
06/13/09 01:16 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
It appears that the sins are blotted only for the righteous during the investigative judgment. The sins of the wicked will stand on record for the jury of the saints to review during the millennium.

Yes, I agree completely. That's why I'm pointing out that the judgment of the living (the review of their cases) cannot have started. To me, it can only start near the end of probation. If the life of a person is passed in review, the destiny of that person is already fixed. Or (if I understand Mark's position correctly) if the sins are blotted out as they are confessed, what will happen if the person later abandons Christ?

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Charity] #114713
06/13/09 01:28 AM
06/13/09 01:28 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Can I ask you a question Rosangela: Do you think the judgment of the living is a process or simply and examination of the individual's case? Will the individual come up to the judgment at a single point in time - when his book of record is opened? Or does the judgment of the living deal with enlightenment and with being confronted with choices as a result of our enlightenment? And what are the implications for either option? For example, when does probation close in both cases? Or can both views be true?

Mark, what I think is that we who are living at the antitypical day of atonement are in a especial situation.

"In this great day of atonement our work is that of heart-searching, of self-abasement, and confession of sin, each humbling his own soul before God, and seeking pardon for himself individually. Anciently every one that did not on the day of atonement afflict his soul, was cut off from the people." {HS 213.3}

This work must occur in our lives in preparation for the review of our cases. But the review itself is an event, not a process. So I believe there are both a process and an event related to our judgment.

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Rosangela] #114716
06/13/09 02:06 AM
06/13/09 02:06 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Mark, what I think is that we who are living at the antitypical day of atonement are in a especial situation. . .

This work must occur in our lives in preparation for the review of our cases. But the review itself is an event, not a process. So I believe there are both a process and an event related to our judgment.

So is the process of preparation part of the judgment of the living or only the review?

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/06/24 12:53 AM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/05/24 09:41 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 08/28/24 02:39 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by Rick H. 09/07/24 09:49 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/05/24 09:37 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
The Beginning and Ending of the Sabbath
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:12 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!