HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,216
Posts195,933
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 22
kland 17
asygo 4
Daryl 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
8 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 3 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Rosangela] #114988
06/22/09 08:05 PM
06/22/09 08:05 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
With the condition not being met, the falling of the latter rain may have ground to a sudden halt, just as other issues had also ground to a halt, which could have also included the judging of the living, which would have begun back then, if the condition had been met.

I agree with this too, although the condition not being met I think should be understood as simply the natural consequence of the harvest not being able to be matured, so that the judgment could not continue. If the latter rain had been received, it would have done its work to prepare the harvest, and things could have moved along.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Rosangela] #114989
06/22/09 10:19 PM
06/22/09 10:19 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela

Unless we are daily advancing in the exemplification of the active Christian virtues, we shall not recognize the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in the latter rain. It may be falling on hearts all around us, but we shall not discern or receive it. {RH, March 2, 1897 par. 4}

I've always understood her to mean that the latter rain experience is available to those who receive the former rain - the work of repentance and confession and active faith etc. I don't claim to have received it myself. But I know it's available and I know from scripture and the inspired coursel that we are in the measuring time of the investigative judgment, but, it saddens me that so many Adventists don't think that God is able to give them the Holy Ghost in latter rain measure to them personally. For those who believe it's not possible, it's not possible. I believe He can and that He is "pouring out His Spirit on hearts all around us."

What do the rest of you think?

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Charity] #114990
06/22/09 10:45 PM
06/22/09 10:45 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
I have felt and seen a progressive work of the Holy Spirit in my life, and I have been feeling more and more the need for the Spirit, and I consider that the end is very near and so is the latter rain which will empower us to finish the work. But I consider that the Holy Spirit hasn't yet come in full measure.

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Rosangela] #114991
06/22/09 10:54 PM
06/22/09 10:54 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I also don't consider that the latter rain has fallen yet, however, I do feel that it will happen sooner than we think.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Charity] #114995
06/22/09 11:59 PM
06/22/09 11:59 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
In response to #114989, I don't think so (that the latter rain experience is necessarily available to those who receive the former rain). I think the latter rain is given corporately. That looks to be what happened in 1888. When the latter rain came, it came upon the whole church. The intent was from there it would be given to the world, but resistance to the message prevented that. Before it started falling, it wasn't available for anyone. After it stopped again, it wasn't either.

Just think of the symbol which represents it -- rain. Rain is not automatically available for any given person (it might not be raining). But if it is falling, then it is available, for anyone who wants it, if it's falling where they are.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Tom] #114996
06/23/09 12:03 AM
06/23/09 12:03 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Daryl:I also don't consider that the latter rain has fallen yet, however, I do feel that it will happen sooner than we think.

We know it started to fall, from quotes like the following:

Quote:
The Lord God who dwelleth in the holy place, sees every soul that shows contempt for the manifestations of his Holy Spirit....Some felt annoyed at this outpouring, and their own natural dispositions were manifested. They said, This is only excitement; it is not the Holy Spirit, not showers from heaven of the latter rain. There were hearts full of unbelief, who did not drink in of the Spirit, but who had bitterness in their souls.(1888 Mat. 1478)

I agree with Rosangela's comment that it hasn't fallen in full measure. I believe this was because the message which began the work of bringing it was not accepted. As long as the message is rejected, I don't think it will come. I don't see how it could.

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Rosangela] #115000
06/23/09 10:19 AM
06/23/09 10:19 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
I have felt and seen a progressive work of the Holy Spirit in my life, and I have been feeling more and more the need for the Spirit, and I consider that the end is very near and so is the latter rain which will empower us to finish the work. But I consider that the Holy Spirit hasn't yet come in full measure.

It's true, that the latter rain hasn't "come in full measure" as you say. But why? Is it unavailable?!

Quote:
The dispensation in which we are now living is to be, to those that ask, the dispensation of the Holy Spirit. Ask for His blessing. It is time we were more intense in our devotion. To us is committed the arduous, but happy, glorious work of revealing Christ to those who are in darkness. We are called to proclaim the special truths for this time. For all this the outpouring of the Spirit is essential. We should pray for it. The Lord expects us to ask Him. We have not been wholehearted in this work. {TM 511.3}

Would God tell us to pray for something that is impossible?

Regarding 1888, Ellen White says that the messages of Jones and waggoner on salvation were the clearest of any messages she'd heard except the understanding that she and her husband had discussed. In other words, the truths in her writings and James Whites writings were not less clearly presented than those by Jones and Waggoner and in fact Ellen White corrected both men on their theology more than once.. So the latter rain understanding isn't limited to 1888. The time of the end according to Christ began with the end time signs - the dark day and the falling of the stars, which is when the first angel's message began to sound by William Millar. That judgment hour message has been sounding ever since and is swelling to the Loud Cry. The reason we are to have the latter rain now is so that we can effectively repeat the judgment hour messages in their order. Current present truth is the message now committed to Adventism since the Disappointment in 1844 – that God is measuring the church. “Blessed are they that do His commandments that they may have right to the tree of life . . "

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Charity] #115003
06/23/09 01:10 PM
06/23/09 01:10 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Regarding 1888, Ellen White says that the messages of Jones and Waggoner on salvation were the clearest of any messages she'd heard except the understanding that she and her husband had discussed. In other words, the truths in her writings and James Whites writings were not less clearly presented than those by Jones and Waggoner and in fact Ellen White corrected both men on their theology more than once.

Mark, your inference here looks to be a bit off target. Her writings could NOT have clearly presented the messages of Jones and Waggoner based on what she said, which you referred to just above.

She said that the messages given she had not encountered except in *private* conversations with her husband. That means she did not encounter them in anything *public*.

In the same passage you are mentioning, Ellen White said she would be as a little child, to humbly learn all that God had in store for her. She presented herself as one who was receiving the light that God had sent through Jones and Waggoner. She did this consistently.

Regarding her correcting Jones and Waggoner's theology on more than one occasion, I believe I've read everything she wrote on the subject, over 2,000 pages anyway, and I don't think this is true. At least not during the time she was endorsing them, from 1888 through 1895. If you wish to dispute this, please present some evidence where she, on more than one occasion, corrected the theology of Jones and of Waggoner. I'm only aware of one incident regarding Waggoner, which was on a point which wasn't a major thrust, a point rarely mentioned by him. I'm not aware of any points regarding Jones, although she sent him a message where she told him of a dream, apparently a warning which Jones heeded. The dream referenced how Jones put things, but was not a correction of his theology.

At any rate, that the Lord was sending the latter rain through the message of Jones and Waggoner is clear in the quote I've been presenting. It's rather interesting that the latter rain comes in the form of a message, isn't it? It makes sense, though, when you think about it.

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Charity] #115012
06/23/09 04:51 PM
06/23/09 04:51 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
It's true, that the latter rain hasn't "come in full measure" as you say. But why? Is it unavailable?!

No! But judging from my own experience, I didn't understand my need of the Holy Spirit in the past as I understand it now. Why? I don't know! Since my conversion I have always walked before God with a sincere heart, but I didn't feel or understand that I needed the Spirit in a special sense. I didn't ask to be filled with the Spirit. And God wants us to feel the need before He gives the blessing.

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Rosangela] #115028
06/24/09 02:51 AM
06/24/09 02:51 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I liked your answer Rosangela.

Tom, do you have that quote handy? If so, could you post it? I'm sure Ellen White learned things from Jones and Waggoner. She learned things from others too I think.

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/06/24 12:53 AM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/05/24 09:41 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 08/28/24 02:39 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by Rick H. 09/07/24 09:49 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/05/24 09:37 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
The Beginning and Ending of the Sabbath
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:12 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!