HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,973
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 28
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 3 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: dedication] #115854
07/11/09 07:49 PM
07/11/09 07:49 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
So I would say the latter rain is both --

Yes, it is to prepare God's people to stand through the time of trouble
AND
To give a last mighty call just before the close of probation.

so the latter rain has to start to fall to give the message and continues through to strengthen us to stand in the time of trouble. or will those who receive the message not to receive the latter rain as well?

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Mountain Man] #115856
07/11/09 08:23 PM
07/11/09 08:23 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Can anyone be judged, numbered, and sealed one of the 144,000 before the outpouring of the LR and translated alive when Jesus arrives?

By judged do you mean the final judgement? I assume so -- and yes many have died thus their judgement is according to their response to the workings of the Holy Spirit prior to great outpouring of the Latter Rain.

However, the outpouring of the Latter Rain MUST come before final judgment of those who will live through the time of trouble.

Right now the judgment is ongoing --

"The cases of all are pending in the heavenly sanctuary. Day by day angels of God are watching the development of character, and weighing moral worth. In the judgement the question will not be, What profession did you make? but, What have you done for Me? What fruit have you borne to My glory? Now is the time to prepare for the coming of the King. {ST, April 12, 1905 par. 16}

The final seal happens during the Latter Rain. Not before and not after. There are two distinct, yet similar sealings in scripture. One is ongoing -- a process wrought in us by the Holy Spirit, changing our lives as we daily yield ourselves to God's will. The other is a seal placed at the end of time upon those who are forever to be citizens of God's kingdom.

The latter rain brings the first "sealing work" to maturity and fits the person for the final, extremely important, seal. The judgement determines who receives this final seal, this final "stamp" acknowledging them as the children of God. Those who have not responded to the former rain thus cannot receive the latter rain and are left without shelter in the time of trouble.

Every saved person who lives through the final trouble when probation closes and the plagues fall will have
1. Been judged as faithful
2. Received the latter rain
3. Received the final seal

In this sense the judgement starts with God's faithful,
They receive the latter rain and witness powerfully.
Those who respond to this last powerful witness for truth, and fully commit to God, also receive the latter rain.
Thus all receive the latter rain and are sealed just prior to the close of probation and the great time of trouble such as never was takes place.

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: dedication] #115858
07/11/09 09:13 PM
07/11/09 09:13 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
there are two seals.

but one is receiving the character of God, which all since Christs day have been receiving that have surrendered/submitted to the Holy Spirit on an ongoing basis.

the second seal is the 4th commandment which, such as a presidential seal, when the test comes, will be a sign of those who have fully accepted the character of Christ.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: teresaq] #115859
07/11/09 09:27 PM
07/11/09 09:27 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
and here is for those who wish it.

The time of trouble--trouble such as was not since there was a nation [Daniel 12:1]--is right upon us, and we are like the sleeping virgins. We are to awake and

ask the Lord Jesus to place underneath us

His everlasting arms,

and carry us through the time of trial before us.
--3MR 305 (1906). {LDE 12.2}

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Rosangela] #116023
07/15/09 02:24 PM
07/15/09 02:24 PM
B
Bobryan  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2015
Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Quote:
But that the judgment of the living began not long after 1844

Mark,
In 1911 it was yet future:

The judgment is now passing in the sanctuary above. For many years this work has been in progress. Soon--none know how soon--it will pass to the cases of the living. In the awful presence of God our lives are to come up in review. At this time above all others it behooves every soul to heed the Saviour's admonition: "Watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is." Mark 13:33. "If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee." Revelation 3:3. {GC 490.1}

Besides, the high priest was a type of Christ, not of the church. He had to make an atonement for himself just because, differently from Christ, Whom he represented, he was a sinner.

Indeed - that pretty much wipes out the 1800's as a time for the judgment of the living to have started.

in Christ,

Bob

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Charity] #116024
07/15/09 02:27 PM
07/15/09 02:27 PM
B
Bobryan  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2015
Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Hello and greetings. smile

Well, how do you interpret this statement made in 1888?

Quote:
The grand judgment is taking place, and has been going on for some time. Now the Lord says, Measure the temple and the worshipers thereof. Remember when you are walking the streets about your business, God is measuring you; when you are attending your household duties, when you engage in conversation, God is measuring you. Remember that your words and actions are being daguerreotyped [photographed] in the books of heaven, as the face is reproduced by the artist on the polished plate. . . . {7BC 972.1}[MS 4, 1888]

Regarding the judgment being progressive, remember Peter tells us that's the case, so it's helpful to look at the types that bare that out. The types are likely the place Peter drew his conclusions from.

Peter refers to the church as a "royal Priesthood". In the types, a bull is the sin offering of the priest. So where it says Aaron was to atone for himself and his house, it means to say that Aaron atoned first for the priesthood - only Aaron's sons could be priests. And then he atoned for Israel. All this was done in the Most Holy Place. Then Aaron come out to the Altar of Incense and did a further act of atonement.

Ellen White makes an interesting comment on this that I don't have handy that tends to imply a prgressive judgment - one that starts with the most enlighteneded and ends with the least enlightened. And isn't that as it should be? God looks for a harvest first from the best tilled and most cultivated ground.

The harmony between that Ellen White statement in 1888 and the 1901 statemetn is that in "measuring" the Judgment is looking at the books of record. The books of record get their content from your "recording Angel" according to Ellen White. It is a review of THAT record that takes place when your name comes up.

So her emphasis is on just what that recording angel is writing down - it is not a statement that "now your name has come up and now you are being evaluated" in the courts above as the 1901 statement clearly demonstrates.

in Christ,

Bob

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Charity] #116025
07/15/09 02:30 PM
07/15/09 02:30 PM
B
Bobryan  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2015
Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Originally Posted By: Rosangela

Unless we are daily advancing in the exemplification of the active Christian virtues, we shall not recognize the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in the latter rain. It may be falling on hearts all around us, but we shall not discern or receive it. {RH, March 2, 1897 par. 4}

I've always understood her to mean that the latter rain experience is available to those who receive the former rain - the work of repentance and confession and active faith etc. I don't claim to have received it myself. But I know it's available and I know from scripture and the inspired coursel that we are in the measuring time of the investigative judgment, but, it saddens me that so many Adventists don't think that God is able to give them the Holy Ghost in latter rain measure to them personally. For those who believe it's not possible, it's not possible. I believe He can and that He is "pouring out His Spirit on hearts all around us."

What do the rest of you think?

she is arguing for a future time when it will fall and saying that when that happens we may not recognize it if we are spiritually asleep.

But in Maranatha 200 - 201 it is clear that the latter rain does not fall until after the National Sunday Law is passed.

in Christ,

Bob

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: vastergotland] #116067
07/16/09 03:03 AM
07/16/09 03:03 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: västergötland
M: Can anyone be judged, numbered, and sealed one of the 144,000 before the outpouring of the LR and translated alive when Jesus arrives?

T: Hmm, your assuming the stance that the 144000 are a different group from the great number whom could not be counted?

Nope. My question is valid no matter what one believes about the 144,000 and the Great Multitude. What thinkest thou?

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: dedication] #116071
07/16/09 03:30 AM
07/16/09 03:30 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
M: Can anyone be judged, numbered, and sealed one of the 144,000 before the outpouring of the LR and translated alive when Jesus arrives?

D: By judged do you mean the final judgement? I assume so -- and yes many have died thus their judgement is according to their response to the workings of the Holy Spirit prior to great outpouring of the Latter Rain.

Actually, my question concerns those who will be translated alive when Jesus arrives.

Quote:
D: However, the outpouring of the Latter Rain MUST come before final judgment of those who will live through the time of trouble.

I agree.

Quote:
D: Right now the judgment is ongoing --

"The cases of all are pending in the heavenly sanctuary. Day by day angels of God are watching the development of character, and weighing moral worth. In the judgement the question will not be, What profession did you make? but, What have you done for Me? What fruit have you borne to My glory? Now is the time to prepare for the coming of the King. {ST, April 12, 1905 par. 16}

Yes, the investigative of the dead began in 1844 and is going on right now. Are you suggesting the investigative judgment of the living is also going on right now? If so, when do you think it began?

Quote:
D: The final seal happens during the Latter Rain. Not before and not after. There are two distinct, yet similar sealings in scripture. One is ongoing -- a process wrought in us by the Holy Spirit, changing our lives as we daily yield ourselves to God's will. The other is a seal placed at the end of time upon those who are forever to be citizens of God's kingdom.

I agree.

Quote:
D: The latter rain brings the first "sealing work" to maturity and fits the person for the final, extremely important, seal. The judgement determines who receives this final seal, this final "stamp" acknowledging them as the children of God. Those who have not responded to the former rain thus cannot receive the latter rain and are left without shelter in the time of trouble.

Ellen White wrote: "Not one of us will ever receive the seal of God while our characters have one spot or stain upon them. It is left with us to remedy the defects in our characters, to cleanse the soul-temple of every defilement. Then the latter rain will fall upon us as the early rain fell upon the disciples on the day of Pentecost. {CET 189.2} "Unless the early showers have done their work, the latter rain can bring no seed to perfection. {FLB 333.3}

Here she says the LR will only fall on those who perfected their characters under the power and influence of the ER. In what sense, therefore, do you think the LR will add to what was accomplished under the ER? Is it personal or corporate or both?

Quote:
D: Every saved person who lives through the final trouble when probation closes and the plagues fall will have
1. Been judged as faithful
2. Received the latter rain
3. Received the final seal

In this sense the judgement starts with God's faithful,
They receive the latter rain and witness powerfully.
Those who respond to this last powerful witness for truth, and fully commit to God, also receive the latter rain.
Thus all receive the latter rain and are sealed just prior to the close of probation and the great time of trouble such as never was takes place.

I agree. But, again, when do you think God began pouring out the LR? Also, do you think those who receive the LR will die before Jesus returns?

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Mountain Man] #116107
07/16/09 06:24 PM
07/16/09 06:24 PM
B
Bobryan  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2015
Georgia, USA
The Latter Rain does not begin until after the saints of God are sealed (Maranatha 200-201) and until after the National Sunday Law.

The Great Multitude of Rev 7 are not the same thing as the 144,000 'in number' who are translated. They are the larger group of saints.

in Christ,

Bob

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by dedication. 09/18/24 12:45 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!