HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,976
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 30
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Daryl, dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,617 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 91 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 90 91
Re: plagues [Re: Green Cochoa] #115446
07/04/09 04:29 PM
07/04/09 04:29 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T:This speaks of causing the protection of God to be withdrawn. This is what I believe happens. When God withdraws His protection, bad things may happen. This should not be misconstrued as God's desiring that these bad things happen.

M:Does this insight account for all the stories in the Bible where God is credited for the "bad" things that happened?

Yes.

Quote:
For example, the flood, sodom, the 250, etc. That is, do you think evil angels are responsible for all such things?

No.

Quote:
If not, please cite a story in the Bible where something "bad" happened and evil angels were not responsible (something the Bible says God did).

Sodom and Gomorrah.

Quote:
Are you suggesting evil angels will cause the death and destruction described in the Bible and the SOP (talking about the plagues)?

If this question is in reference to 14 MR 3 (which appears immediately above it) yes. If this is a more general question, encompassing all of the Bible and the SOP, it's too vague.

At any rate, I'd ask you to re-read what I wrote earlier in the thread. I laid out my position in detail. Please read the detailed explanations, and if you would like some further explanation of something stated there, I'd be happy to respond. If you'd like, I'll find the explanations, and repost them for you.

Quote:
Also, what do you think the angels and the voice of God in Rev 15 and the angels in Rev 16 and the vials they pour out symbolize?

I agree with what Teresa has been saying.

Quote:
If God doesn't withdraw His protection and permit evil angels or the forces of nature to wreak havoc what, then, do you believe about it?

As you put it here, I agree with it. The other way you put it makes it sound like something God is wanting to accomplish (i.e. employing a method).

Quote:
Why are you so opposed to referring to your view as the with withdraw and permit method of allowing death and destruction?

Because it conveys the false idea that God is desiring that the death and destruction take place.

Quote:
Also, do you think the kinds of death and destruction described in the Bible and the SOP would happen if God continued to prevent it from happening?

This question doesn't make sense to me. Does it make sense to you?

Quote:
And, in the case of evil angels, is God preventing them from experiencing the natural cause and consequence effect of their sins?

Yes.

Quote:
If so, what is the effect He is protecting them from and why?

He's preventing them from death, the inevitable result of sin. I'm surprised you would ask this, MM, as I've presented the following quote for you countless times:

Quote:
At the beginning of the great controversy, the angels did not understand this. Had Satan and his host then been left to reap the full result of their sin, they would have perished; but it would not have been apparent to heavenly beings that this was the inevitable result of sin.(DA 764)

Quote:
Why do you think Jesus' death on the cross demonstrates Jesus revealing the withdraw and permit principle God demonstrated throughout the OT in stories like the flood, sodom, and the 250?

Here's what you asked me:

Quote:
Please cite an example of Jesus withdrawing His protection, while here in the flesh, and permitting evil men or angels to cause death and destruction. Please do not cite the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 as an example of something Jesus did while here in the flesh.

You asked for an example of Jesus withdrawing His protection, while here in the flesh, and permitting evil men or angels to cause death and destruction. I gave the cross as such an example. The death and destruction caused was first of all that to Jesus Christ Himself. The after-effect was death and destruction to themselves, and to their children.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: plagues [Re: Green Cochoa] #115447
07/04/09 04:31 PM
07/04/09 04:31 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Tom,

Where in this quote does it say that this revelation comes ONLY from the Christ's earthly ministry?

Quote:
All that man needs to know or can know of God has been revealed in the life and character of His Son. (8T 216)

Mrs. White is not speaking exclusively here, but inclusively. She is saying that of all the truth one might collect from all possible sources, the truth brought by Jesus is sufficient, and indeed, one cannot surpass this knowledge. What she does NOT say is that the truth which Jesus taught by His life here is not revealed before or since from any other source. That would be exclusive.

It's like going to school--there is a book out titled something like "All I ever needed to know I learned in Kindergarten." The book details how the author learned to play fair, get along with others, eat right, stay clean, obey the teacher, etc. (I don't remember all the details, but they were not the scholastic points one might think school was for).

Now, let's just suppose that Kindergarten taught all of the essential core values in life, and that, indeed, as far as core values goes, nothing else that one learned later could really add to them. In such a case, would not the title of this book be true? However, would it be saying that if one never attended Kindergarten, they would never learn life's core values? Of course not.

To Moses was revealed Christ's character, well before His incarnation, and that one point should be sufficient to tell us that God's character has been on display throughout history.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: plagues [Re: Green Cochoa] #115448
07/04/09 05:05 PM
07/04/09 05:05 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
You would never have passed the test given to Abraham, since you place your own reasoning about who God is so high.

It would seem to me rather arrogant of you to think you are capable of setting yourself in such a way to pass judgment on me. Is this what you're doing? Or did not you mean to say what it sounds like you are saying?

I disagree with some of the things you say, but I have no idea if you are rejecting light or not, or if you would if you were living in some other time, nor would I dare to make such a judgment. I'm determined to put you in the most favorable light possible, and assume that you are sincerely looking for truth, and if you don't see something which I see that is true, the reason for that it not because of some character defect, but simply a lack of perception.

Quote:
You would never have believed that God was really asking you to kill your son Isaac, the only child of promise, since that, to you, is a "violent act," an act of "force," which is against the principles of God's government.

You can't possibly know what I would have done in such a circumstance. For one thing, my whole world view would have been different if I had lived in such a time and culture.

Quote:
There are scores of examples in the Bible where God intervenes to settle the score or to judge those whose "cup of iniquity" is full. Yet you have never once offered a good explanation for this. (Saying the devil was "allowed" by God to do what God cannot do for Himself just doesn't do it for me.

Since it "doesn't do it" for you, how would it be possible to offer a good explanation? Could anyone (and I mean anyone) offer a good explanation if this doesn't "do it for you"?

Quote:
The devil would have little reason to do it. The flood? Sodom? Goliath's execution? Stopping the sun and moon so that the Israelites could finish off their enemies? etc.)

What I've been saying is that I don't believe it's possible to understand what happened in these events by going about it the way you are suggesting. I've been saying, repeatedly, in every post, that I believe to that understand God's actions here what is necessary is to build a foundation based on a study of Christ's life and character. So if what I've been claiming is true, then why would I act contrary to what I've been claiming to be the case?

That is, to make this clear, if I really believe that to understand God's actions in the stories you are mentioning, it is necessary to first have an understanding of God's character based on a study of Christ's life and character, why would I bypass completely Christ's life and character and try to offer an explanation to the stories your are mentioning? Wouldn't this be acting completely contrary to what I'm advocating?

Quote:
All I can say to answer your arguments here is simply this: I, in my human wisdom, cannot always understand why God does what He does, or why He asks certain things of us. For example, as a human, I sometimes have entertained questions in my mind regarding the reason for monogamous marital relationships. If we are supposed to love everybody, why do we need to be exclusive? And what about serving the Lord as a priest? Why were only the Levites permitted to do this? And further, why were certain men with blemishes not even allowed in the temple, by God's orders?

We're given clear answers to these questions. If you wish to start a thread about them, we could discuss it. I don't see how this ties into the fact that if we wish to understand God's character, the appropriate foundation is a study of Christ's life and character.

Quote:
No, my human wisdom cannot understand all of these things. I must exercise faith and trust in a wisdom that defies human comprehension, because it is so far above our highest thoughts.

I don't think this is the issue here. I think the issue is one of darkness through misapprehension of God, to use Ellen White's expression, and that the solution is that which she pointed out:

Quote:
That the gloomy shadows might be lightened, that the world might be brought back to God, Satan's deceptive power was to be broken. ...To know God is to love Him; His character must be manifested in contrast to the character of Satan. This work only one Being in all the universe could do. Only He who knew the height and depth of the love of God could make it known. Upon the world's dark night the Sun of Righteousness must rise, "with healing in His wings." Mal. 4:2. (DA 22)

Please notice that there was only One who could do this, and it wasn't done until He did it!

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: plagues [Re: Green Cochoa] #115451
07/04/09 06:30 PM
07/04/09 06:30 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: teresaq
hmmm, well gentlemen, since ellen white always makes the same point in context to Christs birth and life here on earth i take it to mean exactly what i read it to say.

it never dawned on me it could be made to say pre-incarnate also. :0

Teresa,

She makes that statement within the specific context of the advent, that is clear. I fully agree with her point, too. However, she is not saying that God has only revealed Himself to us through the incarnation, is she? If you feel so, how do you understand this quote?
Originally Posted By: Ellen White
So to Israel, whom He desired to make His dwelling place, He revealed His glorious ideal of character. The pattern was shown them in the mount when the law was given from Sinai and when God passed by before Moses and proclaimed, "The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth." Exodus 34:6. {Ed 35.3}

If God could only be revealed through Jesus' incarnation, then, it would appear to me, that statement could not possibly be true, for it says God's "glorious ideal of character" was revealed at Sinai.
it seems like nit-picking and trying to avoid the point being made, to me. nor do i know of any time when it was stated that the incarnation was the only time God revealed Himself.

i understood what tom meant since id read ellen whites statements myself. that you dont agree with toms general understanding is fine, you have that right. but what i see as 'raping' the scriptures/sop, to counter him, not only makes no sense to me, it makes me want to run far away so as not to be infected.

this is how i understand toms point.

He declared that they had rejected the word of God, inasmuch as they had rejected Him whom God had sent. "Ye search the Scriptures, because ye think that in them ye have eternal life; and these are they which bear witness of Me." John 5:39, R. V. {DA 211.4}
In every page, whether history, or precept, or prophecy, the Old Testament Scriptures are irradiated with the glory of the Son of God. So far as it was of divine institution, the entire system of Judaism was a compacted prophecy of the gospel. To Christ "give all the prophets witness." Acts 10:43. From the promise given to Adam, down through the patriarchal line and the legal economy, heaven's glorious light made plain the footsteps of the Redeemer. Seers beheld the Star of Bethlehem, the Shiloh to come, as future things swept before them in mysterious procession. In every sacrifice Christ's death was shown. In every cloud of incense His righteousness ascended. By every jubilee trumpet His name was sounded. In the awful mystery of the holy of holies His glory dwelt. {DA 211.5}
The Jews had the Scriptures in their possession, and supposed that in their mere outward knowledge of the word they had eternal life. But Jesus said, "Ye have not His word abiding in you." Having rejected Christ in His word, they rejected Him in person. "Ye will not come to Me," He said, "that ye might have life." {DA 212.1}
The Jewish leaders had studied the teachings of the prophets concerning the kingdom of the Messiah; but they had done this, not with a sincere desire to know the truth, but with the purpose of finding evidence to sustain their ambitious hopes. When Christ came in a manner contrary to their expectations, they would not receive Him; and in order to justify themselves, they tried to prove Him a deceiver. When once they had set their feet in this path, it was easy for Satan to strengthen their opposition to Christ. The very words that should have been received as evidence of His divinity were interpreted against Him. Thus they turned the truth of God into a lie, and the more directly the Saviour spoke to them in His works of mercy, the more determined they were in resisting the light. {DA 212.2}

oh, whats the use. continue in your own way.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: plagues [Re: Green Cochoa] #115452
07/04/09 07:08 PM
07/04/09 07:08 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Tom,

Take the statements of Mrs. White in context.

The earth was dark through misapprehension of God. That the gloomy shadows might be lightened, that the world might be brought back to God, Satan's deceptive power was to be broken. This could not be done by force. The exercise of force is contrary to the principles of God's government; He desires only the service of love; and love cannot be commanded; it cannot be won by force or authority. Only by love is love awakened. To know God is to love Him; His character must be manifested in contrast to the character of Satan. This work only one Being in all the universe could do. Only He who knew the height and depth of the love of God could make it known. Upon the world's dark night the Sun of Righteousness must rise, "with healing in His wings." Mal. 4:2. {DA 22.1}

Is she talking about punishments here? judgments? Not at all.

Your application of the term "force" and her usage of the term in this context, seem to be two different things.

God is Commander in Chief of the Universe. He has exercised "force" many times. Satan was "cast out" of Heaven. Satan was "not allowed" to bring fire on Mount Carmel, even though Satan wanted very much to do this. Was this not "force?" When Satan is bound to the earth for 1000 years, will this be by Satan's own choice? or will it be enforced by Heaven against his will?

The point is this, God does not use force to make us choose something that we do not want. God may set limits upon our actions, by force, or He may punish us, against our will, but He will never force against your freedom of choice.

God's plagues will never be caused by people or by the angels of hell against themselves. They may be "asking for them" via their behavior and their own free choices (i.e. deserving them), but they will not say to themselves, "Yay! Let's cause these plagues for ourselves!" smile No, indeed. God has reserved His justice for just such a time, and it will be by God's choosing and on His terms that the final plagues will fall.

When the final plagues fall, God will have already stood up and declared "It is finished." Probation is closed. Earthlings no longer have the option of making a choice for or against God's government. The plagues, therefore, are not sent to convert them....no.

Satan had succeeded so well in deceiving the angels of God and in ruining noble Adam that he thought he should be successful in overcoming Christ in His humiliation. He looked with pleased exultation upon the result of his temptations, and the increase of sin in the continued transgression of God's law for more than four thousand years. He had worked the ruin of our first parents, and brought sin and death into the world, and led to ruin multitudes of all ages, countries, and classes. By his [Satan's] power he had controlled cities and nations until their sin provoked the wrath of God to destroy them by fire, water, earthquakes, sword, famine, and pestilence.... {Con 34.2}

I am bidden to declare the message that cities full of transgression, and sinful in the extreme, will be destroyed by earthquakes, by fire, by flood. All the world will be warned that there is a God who will display His authority as God. His unseen agencies will cause destruction, devastation, and death. All the accumulated riches will be as nothingness. . . . {CL 7.4}

I would not class the devil or his followers as "God's agencies." In fact, that would be the epitome of God using "force" if He were to command the devil against his will to cause the destruction....

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
Rev 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
Rev 17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

[quote]When Christ ceases His intercession in the sanctuary, the unmingled wrath threatened against those who worship the beast and his image and receive his mark (Revelation 14:9, 10), will be poured out.....{GC 627.3}

While Jesus had been standing between God and guilty man, a restraint was upon the people; but when Jesus stepped out from between man and the Father,
the restraint was removed, and Satan had the control of man.

It was impossible for the plagues to be poured out while Jesus officiated in the Sanctuary; but as his work there is finished, as his intercession closes,

there is nothing to stay the wrath of God,
and it breaks with fury upon the shelterless head of the guilty sinner, who has slighted salvation, and hated reproof.{1SG 198.1})

“The Lord hath a controversy with the nations;” “he will give them that are wicked to the sword.” {GC88 656.1}

“And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth. And it shall come to pass in that day that a great tumult from the Lord shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbor, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbor.” [Zechariah 14:12, 13.]

Now, in their despair, these teachers confess before the world their work of deception. The multitudes are filled with fury. "We are lost!" they cry, "and you are the cause of our ruin;" and they turn upon the false shepherds. The very ones that once admired them most will pronounce the most dreadful curses upon them. The very hands that once crowned them with laurels will be raised for their destruction. The swords which were to slay God's people are now employed to destroy their enemies. Everywhere there is strife and bloodshed. {GC 655.4}

The work of destruction begins among those who have professed to be the spiritual guardians of the people. The false watchmen are the first to fall. There are none to pity or to spare. Men, women, maidens, and little children perish together. {GC 656.2}

"And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried." Jeremiah 25:33. {GC 656.3}

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: plagues [Re: Tom] #115454
07/04/09 07:20 PM
07/04/09 07:20 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
Quote:
When God asks His own to do it, they obey of their own will out of love to Him. Those who belong to Christ are Christlike, and do not need to be "forced" to do His biddings.

So if we love God, and He asks us to do things like apply biological weapons to the wicked (this would cause an effect similar to that described by the plagues), we will obey this of our own will out of love to Him, because we are "Christlike"?

This is the danger in the philosophy you are espousing. If you serve a violent God who is able to command that terrible violent things be done in His name, then you are liable to do these violent things thinking you are serving him in so doing. This has happened many times throughout history.

In the Middle Ages ingenious methods were devised to torture heretics. The idea was to get them to confess to save their souls. Anything was better than to be eternally tortured in hell, was the reasoning. So out of love the heretics were tortured.
actually we have had a very noticeable "object lesson" that comes and goes on this very board and proves this very point.

his "god" would behave that way, so it is quite ok for him to.

Re: plagues [Re: Green Cochoa] #115455
07/04/09 07:32 PM
07/04/09 07:32 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
All I can say to answer your arguments here is simply this: I, in my human wisdom, cannot always understand why God does what He does, or why He asks certain things of us. For example, as a human, I sometimes have entertained questions in my mind regarding the reason for monogamous marital relationships. If we are supposed to love everybody, why do we need to be exclusive?
you might not have wanted to share that. i, for one, find it rather telling. well, aside from that, ive found that if i ask God He is more than happy to explain. i have quite liked His "bible studies". so try it, please. no sense you living in continued misery, depriving yourself of something you want very much. but that is how i look at things. id rather serve God because i want than because im "supposed" to.

Quote:
And what about serving the Lord as a priest? Why were only the Levites permitted to do this? And further, why were certain men with blemishes not even allowed in the temple, by God's orders?

No, my human wisdom cannot understand all of these things. I must exercise faith and trust in a wisdom that defies human comprehension, because it is so far above our highest thoughts
thats too bad you dont know why because we are told why. no questioning of God needed here. the info was given freely, that we might understand.

now whether we like the reasons given is another subject all together.

Re: plagues [Re: teresaq] #115456
07/04/09 07:38 PM
07/04/09 07:38 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
if love were sexual in nature it would make pedophilia perfectly acceptable.

Re: plagues [Re: teresaq] #115457
07/04/09 07:58 PM
07/04/09 07:58 PM
L
liane  Offline
Deceased Member (July 2009)
Bishop, CA
Sorry I am not able to post more often, but as I get closer to my surgery next Thursday other things seem to be taking my attention. This may be one of the last posts on this topic for me until the surgery is over and I can get back home which may take up to a month at least.

There are a few verses in Revelation I would like to share:

6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

For me the idea of the Lamb having wrath and make war seemed a contradiction of ideas and character.

How does one begin to relate to one that was meek and lowly to one that is powerful and has wrath be the same Lamb?

Are we talking about two different God's here? Is it possible for the Lamb to have wrath and make war?

I was always told the God of the OT was a God to be feared and was legalistic in character and was far removed from us, whereas with Jesus we have a picture of a loving and caring Father who desires us with all His passion.

Then we see a sharp turn of God in the book of Revelation that seems to go against everything Jesus told us about the Godhead.

Are either one absolutes or does God have different manifestations of His character depending on the situation in which He finds Himself having to deal with mankind?

Death is not natural, but it is a consequence of sin. We were not created to die, but to live eternally.

We also have the issue of the first and second death. I am reminded from Scriputre in Matthew:

10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Them "them" are Satan, fallen angels and men, but the "Him" is God. This Second Death falls under the power that God has as God and the right to give life as well as take it.

To cosign the plagues as something someone else does other than God is to take from God/Lamb that which belongs to the Godhead, and that is His Wrath.

Re: plagues [Re: liane] #115458
07/04/09 08:13 PM
07/04/09 08:13 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: liane
To cosign the plagues as something someone else does other than God is to take from God/Lamb that which belongs to the Godhead, and that is His Wrath.

then how do you deal with ellen whites account as well as the biblical one in post #115452?

in relation to certain of the verses you posted you left out important ones,

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
(in connection with the ones you posted)
Quote:
17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
and then, and this is very important,Rev 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. Rev 17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Page 24 of 91 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 90 91

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 09/20/24 01:04 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 09/19/24 11:04 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!