HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,975
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 30
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Tom] #116626
07/25/09 12:54 AM
07/25/09 12:54 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
What you wrote above Tom, is that your view of the measuring process or commission John is given in Revelation 11? If so, do you think there's something significant that happened in 1844?

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Charity] #116631
07/25/09 01:29 AM
07/25/09 01:29 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I was commenting more on the judgment in general than specifically having a certain text, such as Revelation 11, in mind. I think there are three phases to the judgment.

1.The investigative judgment (primarily for unfallen beings, including holy angels and beings from unfallen worlds).
2.The millennial judgment (the resurrection faithful, human beings, investigate the same evidence the unfallen beings looked at in 1)
3.The final judgment (the wicked look at the same evidence).

I don't thing the judgment is of the nature of divine fiats dictating what will happen, but of the nature of investigating the evidence. All will agree that what God has said (which is God's evaluation of the matter) is right.

Regarding 1844, I believe this is when the investigative judgment began, which I think is significant.

I enjoy the threads you start, Mark. Hope you start some more.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Tom] #116632
07/25/09 01:33 AM
07/25/09 01:33 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
A couple of more ideas to throw out. As I've considered these things, it seems to me that a simple way of looking at things, and accurate as well, is that God will take to heaven those who would be happy there. So the judgment can be seen as God's saying who would be happy in heaven, and who wouldn't be. The former group is included in the first resurrection, and the latter in the second. Those who take part in the second resurrection will bear out God's judgment by their actions. It's not that God would not allow them into heaven, if the chose to repent and submit (the same conditions He offered to Lucifer) but that none of them will choose to do so, which bears out God's judgment on the matter.

GC 543 tells us that the exclusion from heaven of the those who take part of the second resurrection is voluntary on their part. God doesn't force the lost to be condemned against their will, but they voluntarily agree with God's judgment.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Tom] #116646
07/25/09 08:13 PM
07/25/09 08:13 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
The first angel proclaims that the hour of His judgment is come. And men are to fear God in light of that fact. So the issue Tom in the judgment is whether men and women can live victoriously by the grace of God. Is the intercession of Christ for men in the heavenly sanctary effective in this Day of Atonement? Can Christ present us faultless before His throne, not only in theory, but in fact? Will the church finally wear the wedding garment?

So, God is measuring us by the truth as it's found in Christ. While the unfallen worlds look on, they are interested in seeing how men and women respond to the truth and the grace of God that is presented to us freely but at an infinite cost to the Deity.

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Charity] #116649
07/25/09 09:03 PM
07/25/09 09:03 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
i think you meant the second and third angels messages.

the very first and most important is
Quote:
Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
if we dont have that one down, nothing else we believe will really matter, it seems to me.

in fact it is quite possible that once we have the true understanding of the gospel, it has changed us, and we are obeying the command to go forth that the other two "take care of themselves".

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: teresaq] #116657
07/26/09 12:12 AM
07/26/09 12:12 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: teresaq
i think you meant the second and third angels messages.

the very first and most important is
Quote:
Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
if we dont have that one down, nothing else we believe will really matter, it seems to me.

in fact it is quite possible that once we have the true understanding of the gospel, it has changed us, and we are obeying the command to go forth that the other two "take care of themselves".

The everlasting gospel and the judgment hour message can't be separated Teresa. The Investigative Judgment is the best possible news. It's the message of Christ Our Righteousness. God's commands and His calls to repent are all His promises for deliverence from sin. But the history of the first angel will be repeated. Just as in 1840 to 1844, those who reject the first angel can't be benifitted by the second, so now, those who rejecy the measuring message of the first angel can't be benefitted by the other two.

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Charity] #116673
07/26/09 02:47 AM
07/26/09 02:47 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
The first angel proclaims that the hour of His judgment is come.
i was referring to this.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: teresaq] #116748
07/28/09 08:11 AM
07/28/09 08:11 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Why do we Adventists recoil from the idea that the Investigative Judgment is being fulfilled now and that God is measuring us. One reason is that we've all met uncharitalbe types who pick flaws and 'make a man guilty for a word' and are critical and judgmental. When the Laodecian message was first given in the mid 1800's, many of the brethern misapplied it to others rather than looking critically at their own cases and that pattern has often been repeated in our sad history as a church. But the prophetic word tells us that at the end, the measuring message will be correctly applied by the church as it's intended. It says in Zecharaih that the church will be given a view of the Savior that will have the transforming affect.
Quote:
12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn.
... 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.
13:2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, [that] I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Charity] #116749
07/28/09 08:15 AM
07/28/09 08:15 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Here's another inspired application of Revelation 11 by Ellen White:

Quote:
All who occupy positions in our institutions will be tested. If they will make Christ their pattern, He will give them wisdom and knowledge and understanding; they will grow in grace and aptitude in Christ's way; their characters will be molded after His similitude. If they fail of keeping the way of the Lord, another spirit will control the mind and judgment, and they will plan without the Lord and will take their own course and leave the positions they have occupied. The light has been given them; if they depart from it, let no man present a bribe to induce them to remain. They will be a hindrance and a snare. The time has come when everything is to be shaken that can be shaken, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. Every case is coming in review before God; He is measuring the temple and the worshipers therein. {7T 219.2}

Re: Judgment of the Living - ongoing since mid-1800's [Re: Charity] #116750
07/28/09 08:26 AM
07/28/09 08:26 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
In the following statment Sister White implies that the measuring process takes place before the church enters its final conflict. In other words, failure to co-operate with Christ now in the measuring process means unpreparedness for the final conflict. Isn't this the same lesson Christ taught in the parable of the ten virgins?
Quote:
The Lord has provided His church with capabilities and blessings, that they may present to the world an image of His own sufficiency, and that His church may be complete in Him, a continual representation of another, even the eternal world, of laws that are higher than earthly laws. His church is to be a temple built after the divine similitude, and the angelic architect has brought his golden measuring rod from heaven, that every stone may be hewed and squared by the divine measurement and polished to shine as an emblem of heaven, radiating in all directions the bright, clear beams of the Sun of Righteousness. The church is to be fed with manna from heaven and to be kept under the sole guardianship of His grace. Clad in complete armor of light and righteousness, she enters upon her final conflict. The dross, the worthless material, will be consumed, and the influence of the truth testifies to the world of its sanctifying, ennobling character. . . . {TM 17.1}

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 09/19/24 11:34 AM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 09/19/24 11:04 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!