HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,066
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Dina, dedication, 1 invisible), 1,631 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Re: Blood of Christ #11878
12/03/04 05:32 AM
12/03/04 05:32 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I believe the law of sin and death is based on promises - not an irrational, arbitrary decree.

Re: Blood of Christ #11879
12/03/04 05:47 AM
12/03/04 05:47 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
quote:
I believe the law of sin and death is based on promises - not an irrational, arbitrary decree
"Arbitrary" does not imply "irrational". I didn't say "irrational."

What promises? Are the promises arbitrary? (based on individual discretion rather than fixed on law)

Re: Blood of Christ #11880
12/03/04 03:38 PM
12/03/04 03:38 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Fixed laws? Who fixed them? and why? based on what criteria? The reason the wages of sin is death is because God ordained it. It's what He promised. It makes sense to Him. Either way, God is in control. He established and maintains the laws. He is the author of life and death.

If the wicked die the second death because God chooses to destroy them with fire or by exposing them to His exceeding brightness, or both, the results are the same - they die because of God. They are alive because of God, and they die because of God.

quote:
Please, someone explain to me in a nutshell how the blood of Jesus "washes" away my sin?

It was ordained by God. If, by faith, we accept His eternal death, then, through faith, we have eternal life. Why? That's just the way it is. It makes sense to God. So, don't worry, be happy.

Re: Blood of Christ #11881
12/03/04 11:01 PM
12/03/04 11:01 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
quote:
The reason the wages of sin is death is because God ordained it. It's what He promised. It makes sense to Him. Either way, God is in control. He established and maintains the laws. He is the author of life and death.
The reason the wages of sin is death is because sin causes death. Sin is to death what God is to life. It's not an arbitrary thing. It's not like sin would have been OK if God didn't have something against it so He said, "I don't like this. I better punish it." God hates sin because He loves us and it kills us.

God is not the author of death. Satan is the author of death.

quote:
If the wicked die the second death because God chooses to destroy them with fire or by exposing them to His exceeding brightness, or both, the results are the same - they die because of God. They are alive because of God, and they die because of God.

The wicked live because of God, but they die because of their own choice. "The destiny of the wicked is fixed by their own choice. Their exclusion from heaven is voluntary with themselves, and just and merciful on the part of God." (GC 543)

"Please, someone explain to me in a nutshell how the blood of Jesus 'washes' away my sin?"

quote:
It was ordained by God. If, by faith, we accept His eternal death, then, through faith, we have eternal life. Why? That's just the way it is. It makes sense to God. So, don't worry, be happy.

You write something like this and wonder why your positions are described as arbitrary?

Re: Blood of Christ #11882
12/04/04 02:04 AM
12/04/04 02:04 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
I believe in View 2. I have tried to express what you believe in View 1. If I'm off, please correct it to reflect your thoughts. Thank you.

Quoted from Tom Ewall post.

Deuteronomy 33:39
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal; neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

Isaiah 46:7
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I the Lord do all these things.

Lamentations 3:38
Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good? Wherefore doth a living man complain, a man for the punishment of his sins?

John 1:3
All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.

Hope these verses might light up in you that it is not the view 2 you must believe but view 1.

ALL THINGS were made by him, does this include death? Yes, and it is justified by the verses above.

Life and death is God creation, but not sin, because God creatures who created sin. But sin could not create death, the wages of sin, is death.

Do you think that by creating the death and kill sinners in order to abolish sin and sinners forever from his universe, God become a cruel and savage God? Yes if he didn’t save us back from the death through Christ redemption.

God knew that one of his creation before he created him would create sin and is the source of sin. And he knew that he must abolish this sinner with death, otherwise sin and sinners would live forever in this universe. God must abolish Lucifer when he sinned, but this would cause fear in heaven and all other holy angels would worship him in fear and not in love. But God would abolish Satan one day and all his followers.

If there is no death as God creation, if God does not kill, there is no death, Satan would live forever.

But by killing Satan and his followers when sin is revealed to its utmost and God had shown his love, credibility and integrity, would it effect God image, and is the universe judging him as a cruel and savage God? No, far from it, they will worship him with love, they understand now what love really is, and they love God not because they were created in his love or recreated in his love, but because they knew the meaning of love, they experienced his love, they knew what is good and what is evil.

In His love

James S

Re: Blood of Christ #11883
12/04/04 02:05 AM
12/04/04 02:05 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
What is good and what is evil? Does God become bad when he created good and evil?
What is life and what is death? Does God become bad when he created death?

The man who knows to do good, but do it not, to him it is sin (James 4:17).
The man who knows to do evil, but do it not, he is a good man (my own).

So, there is nothing bad with evil, it is just a force, jus like good. But when an action is taken using this force, there would be a goodness or evilness.

So, if God created life, automatically there must be death as his creation. But remember, that he created angels and man to live forever, and not for to die. His creation choose the death them selves.

Deuteronomy 30:15.
See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil.

Deuteronomy 30:19.
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.

Is this not the same as once it was announce from Eden? “But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”

God does not become bad, cruel and savage by creating life and death and exercising the death (executing) upon sinners who choose the way of death.

Death is the wages of sin and the executioner of death is God, the Creator of death.

In His love

James S.

Re: Blood of Christ #11884
12/04/04 08:06 PM
12/04/04 08:06 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
quote:
Death is the wages of sin and the executioner of death is God, the Creator of death. (James)
quote:
God is the author of death. (Mike)
quote:
The fall of our first parents, with all the woe that has resulted, [Satan] charges upon the Creator, leading men to look upon God as the author of sin, and suffering, and death. (DA 24)

Re: Blood of Christ #11885
12/05/04 12:17 AM
12/05/04 12:17 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, nice one. But do you really think I'm using the word "author" in the same sense Sister White did?

Re: Blood of Christ #11886
12/05/04 03:53 AM
12/05/04 03:53 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Yes, I think you are using the expression "God is the author of death" the way she was describing.

Satan is the author of death. Sin is his invention.

quote:
I think it is obvious that God is responsible for creating a situation where sin and death was inevitable.
To say "God is the author of death" is logically consistent with what you wrote above. This is, in my opinion, exactly the way Satan wants us to think. He wants us to think that sin does not cause death (his invention) but instead that God does. That way He can blame God for what he did. Satan always likes to do that.

In the DA 764 quote, EGW points out that had God allowed Satan to suffer the consequences of sin the angels would not have understood what had happened. They would have thought God was responsible for Satan's death instead of sin. So God allowed Satan's existence to continue so that the principles of his government could be seen.

God allowed Christ to die on the cross so all could see the consequences of sin, that it causes death, and that the death which sin causes was not caused by Him. When the universe saw what sin really does, it became safe for God to allow those who had rejected Him to suffer the results of their choice because those witnessing that death would know, thanks to the cross, that He was not doing it. Had He not waited, "evil seeds of doubt" would have sprung up, but because He waited, they won't.

It's ironic that the whole purpose for God waiting was to show that He was not responsible for death, but you would have Him doing that which the waiting was designed to show He was not doing.

Re: Blood of Christ #11887
12/05/04 03:51 PM
12/05/04 03:51 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Yes, God created a situation, by creating free moral agents, who were capable of sinning and dying, and who, according to His foreknowledge, were destined to sin and die, but it does not mean that God forced them to sin. Jesus did not die on the cross on account of sin, rather, by His God-given power and authority, Jesus laid down His own life, but not until He consumed and conquered sin and the second death, on our behalf.

Giving Satan the credit for creating sin and death robs God of His power and authority and His sovereignty. Blaming Satan for the existence of sin and death assumes Satan, and not God, is in control of sin and death. Sin and death were not possible until after God created beings capable of sinning and dying. Since God is responsible for creating beings, who He knew would sin, the responsibility for eliminating sin and death, therefore, rests with God, and God alone.

Not only must sin and death be eliminated, sinners must also be punished for refusing to embrace Jesus, for refusing to crucify their sinful habits. God cannot entrust this awesome and important responsibility to anyone else other than Himself, especially not to Satan. Throughout eternity we will praise God for punishing sinners and destroying them in the lake of fire, knowing that it was handled properly and by the right Person, the only One capable of doing it right and righteously.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/13/24 12:51 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!