HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,963
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 27
kland 24
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 39 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 38 39
Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #121807
11/24/09 06:10 PM
11/24/09 06:10 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
And yet, MM, you wrote that as long as our 'motives' are correct, we are counted 'perfect' whether we really are or not.

Unless we have accepted Christ's gift of righteousness there is no way our 'motives' to do right, even though we are not perfect would count as perfect or even come close to meriting anything.

You wrote: Please know your heavenly Father smiles upon you when you're motives are right. It doesn't matter to Him if your fruit is immature so long as you are growing and your motives are right. You and your words and works are perfect in His sight when you're motives are right.

Such can be true ONLY if we have accepted Christ's righteousness in place of our own and are now walking in humble obedience with Christ (which, though the motives are right is not perfect in and of itself)

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #121823
11/25/09 06:24 AM
11/25/09 06:24 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
MM.
You wrote:
“What Jesus does for us is our "title" to heaven AND what He does through us is our "fitness" for heaven. Both are inevitable in AND through Christ. Both are required to enter the gates of heaven.”

A justified man is some one that has the title for heaven and fitness for heaven at the same moment.

How can a man be considered JUST if he has only the title for heaven? A title that could not justify him to enter heaven.

When God justify a man for his faith, he is righteous at that moment, and he is FIT for heaven, otherwise he is not just at all.

In His love

Re: I have some questions [Re: dedication] #121824
11/25/09 05:00 PM
11/25/09 05:00 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
And yet, MM, you wrote that as long as our 'motives' are correct, we are counted 'perfect' whether we really are or not.

I'm sorry I gave you this impression. I believe something very different. Perfection is the result of right motives.

Quote:
Unless we have accepted Christ's gift of righteousness there is no way our 'motives' to do right, even though we are not perfect would count as perfect or even come close to meriting anything.

Amen! In Christ, and like Christ, the righteous results of "humanity and divinity combined" are "righteousness and true holiness". Unlike Jesus, though, our fruits of faith merit nothing.

Quote:
You wrote: "Please know your heavenly Father smiles upon you when you're motives are right. It doesn't matter to Him if your fruit is immature so long as you are growing and your motives are right. You and your words and works are perfect in His sight when you're motives are right."

Such can be true ONLY if we have accepted Christ's righteousness in place of our own and are now walking in humble obedience with Christ (which, though the motives are right is not perfect in and of itself)

"Immature" fruit is not a sin. It is just as perfect as mature fruit. The difference has to do with depth and degree of righteousness not with depth and degree of sin. The fruits of the Spirit is not corrupt or stained with sin. The source of such fruit is the Vine, Jesus Christ. Is it right to label such fruit "corrupt and sin stained"?

John
15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
15:5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #121825
11/25/09 05:05 PM
11/25/09 05:05 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: James Saptenno
M: What Jesus does for us is our "title" to heaven AND what He does through us is our "fitness" for heaven. Both are inevitable in AND through Christ. Both are required to enter the gates of heaven.

J: A justified man is some one that has the title for heaven and fitness for heaven at the same moment. How can a man be considered JUST if he has only the title for heaven? A title that could not justify him to enter heaven. When God justify a man for his faith, he is righteous at that moment, and he is FIT for heaven, otherwise he is not just at all.

Amen! You'll be happy to learn we are in total agreement on this point. And, oh happy day, we are in harmony with the SOP:

"God requires the entire surrender of the heart, before justification can take place; and in order for man to retain justification, there must be continual obedience, through active, living faith that works by love and purifies the soul. (FW 100)

"Every sin must be renounced as the hateful thing that crucified the Lord of life and glory, and the believer must have a progressive experience by continually doing the works of Christ. It is by continual surrender of the will, by continual obedience, that the blessing of justification is retained. (1SM 397)

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #121826
11/25/09 05:41 PM
11/25/09 05:41 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: James
When God justifies a man for his faith, he is righteous at that moment, and he is FIT for heaven, otherwise he is not just at all.

Nicely said!

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #121839
11/26/09 05:17 AM
11/26/09 05:17 AM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
.............It is by continual surrender of the will, by continual obedience, that the blessing of justification is retained. (1SM 397)

My question; is our salvation same like a yo-yo?

Now we have justification, one hour later when we sinned, it is gone. When we pray asked God forgiveness, he forgives us, and again we are just, then again we sinned, and again we are under condemnation.

A continual obedience only can retain our justification..????

In His love

Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #121843
11/26/09 05:19 PM
11/26/09 05:19 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, our salvation is based on what Jesus does for us AND through us. He cannot save us if we sin AND refuse to repent. Justification means many things, one of them is Jesus must justify saving sinners instead of executing them. He can only save sinners who repent and abide in Him. "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not." (1 John 3:6) Salvation is not for unrepentant sinners or sinners who cling to their pet, darling sins.

If they are not abiding in Jesus it means they are abiding in sin, self, and Satan. There is no neutral ground where they are neither sinning nor being righteous. We are either all of His and free of sin or none of His and full of sin. "Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." (Rom 8:9) "God will not occupy a divided heart or reign from a divided throne. Every rival that holds the affections and diverts them from the God of love must be dethroned. The Lord demands all that there is of us, and there must be no reserve.” (TMK 63)

When believers take their eyes off Jesus they thereby resurrect their old man and resume sinning. Most genuine Christians are shocked and horrified to find themselves in sin and immediately seek repentance and reconciliation through Jesus. Repentance gives God the legal right to pardon their sin and to restore the relationship their sin severed. They resume abiding in Jesus partaking of the divine nature, which is what empowers them to use their faculties of mind and body to grow daily in grace and to mature moment by moment in the fruits of the Spirit. This is what it means to be saved!

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #121851
11/26/09 10:59 PM
11/26/09 10:59 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:

This is a good question!

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #121922
11/30/09 07:15 AM
11/30/09 07:15 AM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted By: Tom
Quote:

This is a good question!

So, what is your answer? Please share

In His love

Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #121924
11/30/09 03:45 PM
11/30/09 03:45 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, just in case I didn't answer your question, here it is - Salvation is more like a light switch. We turn it on and off when we consciously choose to abide in Jesus and when we consciously refuse to abide in Jesus. Salvation is active while we are consciously abiding in Jesus. Otherwise, while we are consciously refusing to abide in Jesus, salvation is on standby.

Page 17 of 39 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 38 39

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/15/24 02:59 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by dedication. 09/15/24 11:53 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by dedication. 09/15/24 12:06 PM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!