HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,067
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Dina, 1 invisible), 1,925 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Re: The Wrath of God,The Wrath of Satan, the The Wrath of Man [Re: Mountain Man] #119880
09/28/09 03:24 PM
09/28/09 03:24 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
God can employ the forces of nature to destroy sinners without incurring guilt or condemnation. We cannot.
I've never heard of any person using the forces of nature to destroy sinners. Therefore, I doubt anyone could be considered for incurring guilt or condemnation for doing something they are not able to. I don't think that is what Tom meant by asking by what standard. Maybe start by answering, by what standard are we measured by.

"from which he drew forth the weapons he employed in the destruction of the old world."

This seems similar, in some ways, to a previous post of using the word "punish" when the word, "punish", is what was under question. How many times does Ellen White use employ in this sense and how many times does she use result in or caused to happen? If this is the only place she uses "employ" in the sense, it would seem that you aren't considering everything. I agree, taken by itself, it does seem to support your idea. However, if there was something where she said the exact opposite, what do we conclude then?

Re: The Wrath of God,The Wrath of Satan, the The Wrath of Man [Re: kland] #119882
09/28/09 03:46 PM
09/28/09 03:46 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: kland
However, if there was something where she said the exact opposite, what do we conclude then?

How about both? I don't take the two to be mutually exclusive concepts, do you?

There are times when God acts, and times when God permits. However, in both cases, God is ultimately responsible.

Consider the case of a teacher: If two students get into an argument and begin treating each other disrespectfully and with "colorful" language against the classroom rules, the teacher could "punish" them one of two ways:

1) Allow the fight to escalate until they have punished themselves; or
2) Step in and punish them directly.

OR both!

In any case, the teacher is the authority figure in the classroom, and the buck stops with him/her for what goes on in the classroom--whether by direct action or permissiveness.

God is the authority for the Universe. He is ultimately responsible for allowing things to take place. It is only in light of the Great Controversy that we can comprehend why He sometimes allows things, and sometimes does not.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The Wrath of God,The Wrath of Satan, the The Wrath of Man [Re: Green Cochoa] #119887
09/28/09 10:35 PM
09/28/09 10:35 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Did God kill Saul?

Re: The Wrath of God,The Wrath of Satan, the The Wrath of Man [Re: kland] #119889
09/28/09 11:42 PM
09/28/09 11:42 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Did God kill Saul?
Should we believe the Bible?

I don't remember if you were involved in the earlier discussion of this exact question, but it was rather well discussed earlier, and the question answered.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The Wrath of God,The Wrath of Satan, the The Wrath of Man [Re: Green Cochoa] #119899
09/29/09 02:28 AM
09/29/09 02:28 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
There are times when God acts, and times when God permits. However, in both cases, God is ultimately responsible.

By "ultimately responsible" do you mean something more than God's permitting it to happen? For example, is God ultimately responsible for the entrance of sin into the universe? One could say yes, in the sense that He created beings who could use their free will to sin, and this would apply to Saul's death as well. Did you have something beyond this in mind? (i.e., simply permitting a thing to happen, in Saul's case)

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Wrath of God,The Wrath of Satan, the The Wrath of Man [Re: kland] #119900
09/29/09 02:35 AM
09/29/09 02:35 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: GC
Perhaps Mike means "employ" precisely as described by Mrs. White.

No, this isn't a viable response. MM is asking me a question related to *my* view, not his. I know what he has in mind by the word "employ," and I disagree with his idea, and he knows this. If he wants to express his idea, that's fine, he can use whatever language he wants. If he wants to express my view, in a way that I feel I can respond to, he needs to do with language that I agree with.

Here's an example. Suppose I ask you, "GC, why do you believe that God will torture people by setting them on fire?" how could you respond to that question? You can't, because you don't perceive God's setting people on fire for the purpose of causing them excruciating pain to be torture. So I don't use that language. I use language that you can agree with, otherwise there's no point in my asking you the question.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Wrath of God,The Wrath of Satan, the The Wrath of Man [Re: Tom] #119902
09/29/09 03:04 AM
09/29/09 03:04 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Tom,

I think my point was that it was not Mike saying it, but rather Ellen White. If you wish to say that Ellen White is using terms you disagree with, take that up with her.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: The Wrath of God,The Wrath of Satan, the The Wrath of Man [Re: Tom] #119909
09/29/09 01:03 PM
09/29/09 01:03 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Tom

By "ultimately responsible" do you mean something more than God's permitting it to happen? For example, is God ultimately responsible for the entrance of sin into the universe? One could say yes, in the sense that He created beings who could use their free will to sin, and this would apply to Saul's death as well. Did you have something beyond this in mind? (i.e., simply permitting a thing to happen, in Saul's case)

I think it is important to realize that God is in control. Period. He does not need to be called to our account for it, He is in charge, and not us.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
God does not propose to be called to account for his ways and works. It is for his glory to conceal his purposes now; but by and by they will be revealed in their true importance. But he has not concealed his great love, which lies at the foundation of all his dealings with his children. He has revealed his love in the gift of his Son, and in the many providences by which he manifests himself. He who lives near to Jesus may understand much of the mystery of godliness, and comprehend the love that administers merited reproof. Humanity, alienated from God, can only be reconciled to him by partaking spiritually of the flesh and blood of his dear Son. {2SP 288.1}

For the same reasons, we cannot think to understand His wrath which is yet to be revealed.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: The Wrath of God,The Wrath of Satan, the The Wrath of Man [Re: Green Cochoa] #119915
09/29/09 02:52 PM
09/29/09 02:52 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Did God kill Saul?
Should we believe the Bible?

I don't remember if you were involved in the earlier discussion of this exact question, but it was rather well discussed earlier, and the question answered.

Well discussed and answered?
I didn't perceive it as so.

Should we believe the Bible? Which part of it about how Saul died?

Either God killed Saul or He didn't. They are mutually exclusive concepts putting it in MMs frame of idea.

But, God is willing to take responsibility since He could step in and preserve Saul, stop satan, prevent free choice, refused to create that which could reject Him.

But, if God said He killed Saul, but didn't actually kill Saul, could we conclude there may be other places in the Bible where it says God did certain things, but really, as in Saul's case, God was driven away and results happened?

Re: The Wrath of God,The Wrath of Satan, the The Wrath of Man [Re: kland] #119920
09/29/09 04:02 PM
09/29/09 04:02 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
But, if God said He killed Saul, but didn't actually kill Saul...

...then we have a problem, don't we?

"God is not a man, that he should lie" (Num. 23:19). That should be sufficient to remove this question.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/18/24 11:18 AM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!