HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,218
Posts195,998
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 28
Rick H 21
Daryl 4
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 1,629 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 105 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 104 105
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Green Cochoa] #121868
11/28/09 04:15 PM
11/28/09 04:15 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Webster gives three definitions for the word "arbitrary":

1 not fixed by rules, but left to one's judgment or choice; discretionary arbitrary decision, arbitrary judgment
2 based on one's preference, notion, whim, etc.; capricious young children and their arbitrary rules for games
3 absolute; despotic

While the two latter usages are necessarily negative, this isn't true about the first usage. For instance, we can say that Gideon's sign was arbitrary, in the sense that he selected it, he dictated his own terms.
I understand Tom is referring to this first acceptation of the word, not necessarily in a negative sense.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Mountain Man] #121869
11/28/09 04:18 PM
11/28/09 04:18 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
PS - I am using the word "arbitrary" according to Tom's targeted definition. Tom sees the punishment of the wicked as the result of God simply deciding to cease holding in check the natural cause and effect relationship between sinning and death and allowing sin to run its course. He sees it as similar to drinking a lethal dose of arsenic - purely cause and effect. Allowing sin to act without restraint results in pure and unadulterated suffering and death. The reason sinners do not die the instant they sin is due to the fact God works supernaturally to prevent it.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Mountain Man] #121879
11/28/09 09:25 PM
11/28/09 09:25 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
This is a response to GC's post.

1."Arbitrary" = "depending on individual discretion (as of a judge) and not fixed by law <the manner of punishment is arbitrary>" (Webster's primary definition). This is exactly what we're talking about here. God determines the form of punishment. It's not specified by any law, as I pointed out. It's by God's individual discretion. It's arbitrary.

2.There is a death penalty, but's it's not arbitrary, nor imposed, if you prefer that word. It's the direct cause of the choice of the wicked, as DA 764 points out.

Quote:
This is not an act of arbitrary power on the part of God. The rejecters of His mercy reap that which they have sown. God is the fountain of life; and when one chooses the service of sin, he separates from God, and thus cuts himself off from life. He is "alienated from the life of God." Christ says, "All they that hate Me love death." Eph. 4:18; Prov. 8:36. God gives them existence for a time that they may develop their character and reveal their principles. This accomplished, they receive the results of their own choice. By a life of rebellion, Satan and all who unite with him place themselves so out of harmony with God that His very presence is to them a consuming fire. The glory of Him who is love will destroy them.

At the beginning of the great controversy, the angels did not understand this. Had Satan and his host then been left to reap the full result of their sin, they would have perished; but it would not have been apparent to heavenly beings that this was the inevitable result of sin. (DA 764)

Had God *left* Satan to reap what he had sown (i.e., "receive the result of his own choice," as stated earlier in the quote), he would have perished, but it would not have been apparent that this was "the inevitable result of sin."

If Satan dies because God imposes an arbitrary punishment upon him, neither of these paragraphs makes sense.

Please note that, from the context, the definition of "arbitrary" that fits in the first paragraph is Webster's primary definition, not "capricious" or "whimsical" etc. If she had one of these ideas in mind, she would have explained that the punishment was imposed, yes, but just and necessary. But that's not her argument here. Her argument is that the wicked receive the results of their own choice, and that death is the inevitable (not "imposed") result of sin.

3."Without principle or rule of law" does not mean that the law isn't involved in any way, but that the sentence is according to the discretion of the judge, as opposed to being fixed by the law. And this is exactly the case here (according to your point of view). As I've pointed out several times, there's nothing in the law that says that wicked have to suffer and die by fire. This is of God's individual discretion, which is to say that form of the punishment is arbitrary.

4.According to your view of things, of course the flood would be by individual discretion. I don't see what happened in the flood the way you do, so in my case it's not arbitrary. We're looking at this very differently.

5.GC:"Fire is a logical choice. There is nothing in the law which specifies the means of death, is there?"

This has been my point. The form of punishment, according to your view, is arbitrary, as there is nothing in the law which specifies it.

GC:"Then, would it matter to you which form the death should take?"

What matters is that it's arbitrary. The form itself doesn't matter, but the fact that it's not specified by law, but a matter of individual discretion, making it arbitrary.

GC:"You would still think it 'arbitrary' because it was chosen by God, instead of mandated by law?"

That's what "arbitrary" means; not specified by law, but by individual discretion.

6.From my perspective, you're thinking all across the line is arbitrary. It reminds me of something George Fifield wrote:

Quote:
Now this God of love, whose wrath burns only against the sin, and not against the sinner - this God of love gave a law for mankind. I have but a moment to spend on that. That law was not a dead law; it was not an arbitrary law. It was not a law saying, You do so, and I will let you live; You do so, and I will kill you. But God in infinite wisdom foreknew every principle of life and light and joy; and in infinite wisdom he foretold what he foreknew. This way, my child, is life and joy. Don't you go that way, my child; that way is death. Every bit of that law is simply the life of God, which is the love of God. It had the creative power of God in it. It was not something outside of man that man must do in order to live, but it was something that God wanted to put in him and leave in him; so many divine promises, if you please. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." When we have him, we do not want any other. That is a promise. Thou shalt not steal; thou shalt not kill. These are loving, divine, creative promises, which God intended to put in us, to carry us to the utmost heights of joy and peace, and keep us in that path forevermore.(1897 GCB Sermon #1)

The "slippery slope" starts once we divorce sin from the consequences of sin. If the punishment of the wicked is not result of sin, but is an arbitrarily imposed penalty, then the price which Christ paid is also in arbitrary solution.

More Fifield:

Quote:
If damnation is an arbitrary doom pronounced by an arbitrary God, because man transgressed an arbitrary law, and if salvation / means man’s escape from that arbitrary doom, because God’s wrath has been appeased by the flowing blood of a propitiatory victim, then it is clear how the blood, all at once, on Calvary, could accomplish this for the whole world.
But this is neither the damnation nor the salvation that the Bible was given to reveal.

7.To summarize:

In my view:
1.Suffering and death are the inevitable result of sin.
2.These things are not imposed by God, but are the results of the choices which the wicked have made (DA 764).
3.The problem is sin, not God.

In your view:
1.Suffering and death are imposed upon the wicked as penalties by God, and are not the natural consequence of sin.
2.God uses His individual discretion to set the form of punishment; it is not specified by law.
3.Sin is only a problem, in terms of the judgment, in an indirect way. What we really need to fear is what God will do.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Mountain Man] #121880
11/28/09 09:32 PM
11/28/09 09:32 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
M: Capital punishment is not arbitrary in that law and justice require it.

T: The form of punishment is arbitrary, which is what I pointed out.

M:Crucifixion was an imposed, arbitrary form of punishment. If, as you say, the cross symbolizes the punishment of the wicked, then we are left with no other conclusion than it is an imposed, arbitrary form of punishment.

This isn't well reasoned. The fact that A represents B does not mean that everything about A has a counterpoint in B. For example, Christ is the "Lamb of God." This means that Christ, in some respects, is like a lamb. But it doesn't mean that Christ, in *every* respect is like a lamb. If we start asking questions like, "Does Christ have wool?" (which is akin to your line of reasoning here), that can lead to some absurd ideas.

Quote:
Again, it is clear the long, lingering first death common to all is not the "wages of sin".

I'm not understanding why you're mentioning this here (i.e., I'm not following your train of thought.)

Quote:
Also, the fact sinners were required to slay animal sacrifices makes it clear the punishment of the wicked is an imposed, arbitrary form of punishment. That is, neither Jesus, nor animal sacrifices, died of natural causes. Someone, not something, killed them. Death was not spontaneous.

The sacrifice was designed to show that death is the result of sin committed by the one sinning. There's no way for a man to cause the death of an animal in a non-imposed arbitrary way, so it's not valid to reason the way you're trying to do here.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #121881
11/28/09 09:41 PM
11/28/09 09:41 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Rosangela

1 not fixed by rules, but left to one's judgment or choice; discretionary arbitrary decision, arbitrary judgment
2 based on one's preference, notion, whim, etc.; capricious young children and their arbitrary rules for games
3 absolute; despotic

While the two latter usages are necessarily negative, this isn't true about the first usage. For instance, we can say that Gideon's sign was arbitrary, in the sense that he selected it, he dictated his own terms.
I understand Tom is referring to this first acceptation of the word, not necessarily in a negative sense.

Yes, this is correct. I got the ideas I've been sharing from DA 764. The context indicates that "arbitrary" here is used in the sense of Webster's primary definition.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #121885
11/29/09 01:19 AM
11/29/09 01:19 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
If Satan dies because God imposes an arbitrary punishment upon him, neither of these paragraphs makes sense.

Certain sinful choices inevitably result in capital punishment according to law and justice. In the end, during the final judgment, all sinful choices inevitably result in capital punishment according to law and justice. In this sense there is nothing arbitrary about it.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #121886
11/29/09 01:41 AM
11/29/09 01:41 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: Crucifixion was an imposed, arbitrary form of punishment. If, as you say, the cross symbolizes the punishment of the wicked, then we are left with no other conclusion than it is an imposed, arbitrary form of punishment.

T: The fact that A represents B does not mean that everything about A has a counterpoint in B.

Tom, which aspects of crucifixion do you believe have no counterpoint in judgment? I assume, as a minimum, you see no corollary between capital punishment and judgment.

Quote:
M: Again, it is clear the long, lingering first death common to all is not the "wages of sin".

T: I'm not understanding why you're mentioning this here (i.e., I'm not following your train of thought.)

Sometimes stating the obvious is helpful. The long, lingering first death is the result of a decision God made, namely, to implement the plan of salvation rather than impose the death penalty. In one sense, therefore, the sin and suffering and death we are familiar with is unnatural and arbitrary.

Quote:
M: Also, the fact sinners were required to slay animal sacrifices makes it clear the punishment of the wicked is an imposed, arbitrary form of punishment. That is, neither Jesus, nor animal sacrifices, died of natural causes. Someone, not something, killed them. Death was not spontaneous.

T: The sacrifice was designed to show that death is the result of sin committed by the one sinning. There's no way for a man to cause the death of an animal in a non-imposed arbitrary way, so it's not valid to reason the way you're trying to do here.

Not at all, Tom. Slaying sacrificial animals symbolized the fact our sins required the substitutionary death of Jesus to satisfy the demands of law and justice and to make pardon and salvation available to penitent sinners. The fact capital punishment was inevitable makes it clear the wages of sin is capital punishment. Nowhere in the judicial or sacrificial system is sin symbolized as executing the death penalty.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Rosangela] #121888
11/29/09 01:58 AM
11/29/09 01:58 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Rosangela

3 absolute; despotic

This may be the way in which Tom is applying the word, and I agree with your assessment of that. However, is this the way in which Mrs. White applied the word? I do not believe so. Hence, the difference I have with Tom on this point. Mrs. White is using "arbitrary" in a negative sense, made clear by her context.

Here's the Webster's definition from the dictionary of her day:
Originally Posted By: Webster's 1828 Dictionary
ARBITRARY, a. [L. arbitrarious.]
1. Depending on will or discretion; not governed by any fixed rules; as, an arbitrary decision; an arbitrary punishment.
Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness.
2. Despotic; absolute in power; having no external control; as, an arbitrary prince or government.

As you can see, both of the only two definitions given here are negative. Furthermore, I tend to think Mrs. White's usage follows one or both of these definitions.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #121891
11/29/09 02:15 AM
11/29/09 02:15 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
This is a response to GC's post.

1."Arbitrary" = "depending on individual discretion (as of a judge) and not fixed by law <the manner of punishment is arbitrary>" (Webster's primary definition). This is exactly what we're talking about here. God determines the form of punishment. It's not specified by any law, as I pointed out. It's by God's individual discretion. It's arbitrary.

2.There is a death penalty, but's it's not arbitrary, nor imposed, if you prefer that word. It's the direct cause of the choice of the wicked, as DA 764 points out.

Quote:
This is not an act of arbitrary power on the part of God. The rejecters of His mercy reap that which they have sown. God is the fountain of life; and when one chooses the service of sin, he separates from God, and thus cuts himself off from life. He is "alienated from the life of God." Christ says, "All they that hate Me love death." Eph. 4:18; Prov. 8:36. God gives them existence for a time that they may develop their character and reveal their principles. This accomplished, they receive the results of their own choice. By a life of rebellion, Satan and all who unite with him place themselves so out of harmony with God that His very presence is to them a consuming fire. The glory of Him who is love will destroy them.

At the beginning of the great controversy, the angels did not understand this. Had Satan and his host then been left to reap the full result of their sin, they would have perished; but it would not have been apparent to heavenly beings that this was the inevitable result of sin. (DA 764)

Had God *left* Satan to reap what he had sown (i.e., "receive the result of his own choice," as stated earlier in the quote), he would have perished, but it would not have been apparent that this was "the inevitable result of sin."

Please note that, from the context, the definition of "arbitrary" that fits in the first paragraph is Webster's primary definition, not "capricious" or "whimsical" etc. If she had one of these ideas in mind, she would have explained that the punishment was imposed, yes, but just and necessary. But that's not her argument here. Her argument is that the wicked receive the results of their own choice, and that death is the inevitable (not "imposed") result of sin.

3."Without principle or rule of law" does not mean that the law isn't involved in any way, but that the sentence is according to the discretion of the judge, as opposed to being fixed by the law. And this is exactly the case here (according to your point of view). As I've pointed out several times, there's nothing in the law that says that wicked have to suffer and die by fire. This is of God's individual discretion, which is to say that form of the punishment is arbitrary.

4.According to your view of things, of course the flood would be by individual discretion. I don't see what happened in the flood the way you do, so in my case it's not arbitrary. We're looking at this very differently.

5.GC:"Fire is a logical choice. There is nothing in the law which specifies the means of death, is there?"

This has been my point. The form of punishment, according to your view, is arbitrary, as there is nothing in the law which specifies it.

GC:"Then, would it matter to you which form the death should take?"

What matters is that it's arbitrary. The form itself doesn't matter, but the fact that it's not specified by law, but a matter of individual discretion, making it arbitrary.

GC:"You would still think it 'arbitrary' because it was chosen by God, instead of mandated by law?"

That's what "arbitrary" means; not specified by law, but by individual discretion.

6.From my perspective, you're thinking all across the line is arbitrary. It reminds me of something George Fifield wrote:

Quote:
Now this God of love, whose wrath burns only against the sin, and not against the sinner - this God of love gave a law for mankind. I have but a moment to spend on that. That law was not a dead law; it was not an arbitrary law. It was not a law saying, You do so, and I will let you live; You do so, and I will kill you. But God in infinite wisdom foreknew every principle of life and light and joy; and in infinite wisdom he foretold what he foreknew. This way, my child, is life and joy. Don't you go that way, my child; that way is death. Every bit of that law is simply the life of God, which is the love of God. It had the creative power of God in it. It was not something outside of man that man must do in order to live, but it was something that God wanted to put in him and leave in him; so many divine promises, if you please. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." When we have him, we do not want any other. That is a promise. Thou shalt not steal; thou shalt not kill. These are loving, divine, creative promises, which God intended to put in us, to carry us to the utmost heights of joy and peace, and keep us in that path forevermore.(1897 GCB Sermon #1)

The "slippery slope" starts once we divorce sin from the consequences of sin. If the punishment of the wicked is not result of sin, but is an arbitrarily imposed penalty, then the price which Christ paid is also in arbitrary solution.

More Fifield:

Quote:
If damnation is an arbitrary doom pronounced by an arbitrary God, because man transgressed an arbitrary law, and if salvation / means man’s escape from that arbitrary doom, because God’s wrath has been appeased by the flowing blood of a propitiatory victim, then it is clear how the blood, all at once, on Calvary, could accomplish this for the whole world.
But this is neither the damnation nor the salvation that the Bible was given to reveal.

7.To summarize:

In my view:
1.Suffering and death are the inevitable result of sin.
2.These things are not imposed by God, but are the results of the choices which the wicked have made (DA 764).
3.The problem is sin, not God.

In your view:
1.Suffering and death are imposed upon the wicked as penalties by God, and are not the natural consequence of sin.
2.God uses His individual discretion to set the form of punishment; it is not specified by law.
3.Sin is only a problem, in terms of the judgment, in an indirect way. What we really need to fear is what God will do.

Tom,

I think you missed my point.

Do you believe that the punishment for sin comes apart from the law? that sin itself "punishes"?

Else do you believe there is no punishment for sin, and therefore nothing to be executed or imposed?

If the law is what requires the punishment of sin, and the law specifies that the punishment is death, does it matter how that death penalty is executed? Would not the law be fulfilled in any form of death?

What is "arbitrary" about punishing with death, when the law says death is the punishment?

That is Ellen White's point.

The death penalty is not arbitrary. It is based on the law. To say the penalty is arbitrary is to say that the law is arbitrary, and therefore God Himself is arbitrary. When God executes the death penalty, it cannot be arbitrary, since the law required this, and it is merely meting out the justice demanded by the law.

However, going a step further, God is not merely required to dole out death to the sinner. The law requires punishment for each and every transgression. If this were not the case, the first death would suffice. At the first death, "death" has been given already. But the sins themselves were not punished. This is the purpose of the second death, and the reason that some sinners will suffer longer than others. Again, this is NOT arbitrary, for the law has demanded this in justice.

If a school teacher saw one student pinching and scratching another student for several minutes, but punished this student the same as he punished the student who rudely allowed the door to shut behind him instead of holding it open as the girl behind him with an armload of books was coming in, I suppose some might see fairness in it. I would not. Different sins require different punishments. Is this arbitrary? Not at all. It is justice. It would be "arbitrary" if the sins were treated by some other subjective method than by the degree of sinfulness.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Mountain Man] #121892
11/29/09 02:16 AM
11/29/09 02:16 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Quote:
M: Also, the fact sinners were required to slay animal sacrifices makes it clear the punishment of the wicked is an imposed, arbitrary form of punishment. That is, neither Jesus, nor animal sacrifices, died of natural causes. Someone, not something, killed them. Death was not spontaneous.

T: The sacrifice was designed to show that death is the result of sin committed by the one sinning. There's no way for a man to cause the death of an animal in a non-imposed arbitrary way, so it's not valid to reason the way you're trying to do here.

Not at all, Tom. Slaying sacrificial animals symbolized the fact our sins required the substitutionary death of Jesus to satisfy the demands of law and justice and to make pardon and salvation available to penitent sinners. The fact capital punishment was inevitable makes it clear the wages of sin is capital punishment. Nowhere in the judicial or sacrificial system is sin symbolized as executing the death penalty.

Amen!

Green Cochoa.

Page 58 of 105 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 104 105

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 09/27/24 09:24 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/22/24 09:07 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 09/26/24 05:49 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by ProdigalOne. 09/23/24 12:28 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!