HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily), 2,156 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 35 36
Re: Any Other Type Of Evidence & The Bible? [Re: JCS] #122113
12/08/09 10:45 PM
12/08/09 10:45 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Quote:
I have kinda a lame question to ask, how do you post quoted statements in a separate blue field?

You place [quote ] and [/quote ] without a space between e and ] in each one of them to get it to show as a quote.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Any Other Type Of Evidence & The Bible? [Re: Daryl] #122114
12/09/09 01:05 AM
12/09/09 01:05 AM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Quote:
test

Re: Any Other Type Of Evidence & The Bible? [Re: JCS] #122115
12/09/09 05:27 AM
12/09/09 05:27 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Cosmology is one of my pet hobbies, so I hope you will indulge my exploration of this topic.

Originally Posted By: JCS
Hmmm.. Relativity works hand in hand with FF.
"If it's being affected by Hubble expansion, wouldn't that only affect its wavelength, not its speed?"
Even Big Bang theorists admit that the expanding universe has an accelerating effect on light,

Can you explain this bit here?

Consider two points, A and B, that are separated by an initial distance, D (say, 10^7 light years). The distance between points A and B is increasing due to Hubble expansion. I am an observer at point O, which is along the path a photon would take from A to B, and equidistant to both (i.e. initially 5 x 10^6 light years from both).

If I observe a photon leaving A headed to point B, would it reach me at point O before D/(2c) has elapsed? Would I see it reach point B before D/c has elapsed?

Let's say I am at point P, which is also equidistant to A and B, but is not along the path of the photon, but at a point perpendicular to that path and sufficiently far away such that the photon's complete path can be considered perpendicular to me (imagine a very long isosceles triangle). Would I measure the time it takes the photon to get from A to B as less than D/c?

I hope I'm making sense. I'm trying to get an idea of what you mean by light being accelerated.

just to a lesser degree becuase FF predicts a universe expanding at a much greater rate (they ignore the quantum gravitational effects it would have with the pressence of light).

Does FF predict a greater expansion rate than the Big Bang even today, or only during the early stages of expansion? After the universe reaches a certain radius, wouldn't the effects of quantum gravity become negligible? (The TOE is also one of my pet hobbies.)

FTL isn't a problem if space itself is the component that is accelerating. I've looked at my astronomy text book and there are no "speed limits" posted for the rate of time-spacial expansion.

Does such FTL travel encompass the scenario I described above? Can expansion cause light to get from point A to B in less than D/c time?

"According to current theory, the sun is about 5 billion years old, based on information gathered through observation of the light that is coming from it."

The sun isn't 5 billion years old. Proving that point is another story. The study of stars themselves isn't really my cup of tea. (After FF has become an accepted falsifiable Proof I might look into it.)

This gets at my epistemological concern. One could say that God put the sun there and made it look much older than it really is. But one could refute that by saying that our idea of the age of the sun is based on faulty theories.

The same goes for God creating streams of light from distant stars such that they get here sooner than expected. You say that can't happen because there would be information in the photons about events that did not take place (I suppose that would be things such as the composition of the star that generated the photon, etc). But one could argue that our theories of what information the photon carries might be faulty. And as you know, it is impossible to prove a scientific theory; one can only disprove them.

I have kinda a lame question to ask, how do you post quoted statements in a separate blue field?

I see that Daryl has taught you how to do that.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Any Other Type Of Evidence & The Bible? [Re: JCS] #122116
12/09/09 05:31 AM
12/09/09 05:31 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
until the day I successfully acquire my degree in Theoretical Physics...

If I may ask.... What degree are you working toward? PhD? Also, what university are you attending?

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Any Other Type Of Evidence & The Bible? [Re: asygo] #122117
12/09/09 04:22 PM
12/09/09 04:22 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
I read your post late last night, asygo, after finishing a late game of StarCraft (probably not the best thing for an SDA to be doing). It'll take me a little bit of time to answer your questions. I still need to follow up with futher proofs for FF for GC.

Last edited by JCS; 12/09/09 04:22 PM.
Re: Any Other Type Of Evidence & The Bible? [Re: asygo] #122124
12/09/09 11:35 PM
12/09/09 11:35 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Oh my! Lots of questions here. I'm going to go ahead and summarize asygo's questions in an over simplified manner and then try to answer them.

(1) How does FF work with GR?

(2) Why would Hubble expansion effect light's resultant speed and why?

(3) Question #1a: Would light reach O before D/2c?

(4) Question #1b: Would light reach B before D/c?

(5) Question #2: Would the observer see light reach B before D/c?

(6) Define FF's meaning of light acceleration.

(7) What are the quantum grav. effects of the expanding universe on light?

(8) What is FF's model for expansion rate?

(9) Is there a horizion for quantum gravitation?

(10) TOE theory and FF

(11) Does FTL encompass Qns 1 & 2?

(12) Can expansion cause light to travel outside of time?

(13) Problem with stellar knowledge

(14) Explaining my educational aspirations

(1.) I started FF based off of Max Morriss's work "Simply Relativity V2". SR charts a bell curve with x = rate of time and y = mass distance. SR makes the claim that rate of time slows with distance, or inversely that minimal space has an accelerated time rate. This system successfully splices GR with QM but lacks information on an actual ratio.

God inspired me to find this ratio in several places in scripture and discovered that Ellen White made referance to all of them in one sentence in her first vision in referance to light from Heaven. All of that doesn't prove anything. I've spent many years now trying to debunk this equation and as a result the model simply expanded on it's self with supplemental evidences and predictions.

Sorry, I lost my focus. The First Flash model represents reality in 8 dimensions. (cyclical space = 3D, cyclical time = 1D, curved space = 3D, curved time = 1D)To fully represent this model would require an 8D graph. I can't visualise something like that. However, if I colapse 3D space into one dimension, I'm left with only 4 axes. This generates 6 interactive 2D grids. (s by t, s by cs, s by ct, t by cs, t by ct, cs by ct) According to the model, there is a bell curve function on all six graphs. When I saw this I thought that this system couldn't jive with GR but later discovered that it actually supports it. Here are the six points:

(time : space) The ratio of time changes with distance. (energy density)

(space : curvature) Increased distance reduces curvature.

(time : rotation) Rate of time slows with acceleration.

(space : rotation) Length decreases with acceleration.

(curvature : rotation) Gravitational attraction (curvature) opposes centrifugal force. (angular momentum)

(time : curvature) Time delation caused by gravitation. (curvature)

The First Flash model is an extremely powerful equation. I just wish I wasn't the only one in the world that understood it.

(2)As the universe expands photon wavelengths stretch. (cosmological redshift) The resultant change in lights effective speed is caused by the dynamic of combining what is known about light in matter c=sqrt(E/M)and expanded light caused from expansion. If light is expanded in all directions it has volume. Light in volume has time-space curvature or gravitation. Gravitational acceleration multiplies speed by curved time. Multiply the speed of light by gravitation you get photogravitics.

(3-5) The answer to all three questions is no. If light traveled in such manner we could never see it. At the very best, light originating from creation travels at the exact same rate as the light horizon. Anything beyond the light horizon isn't visible.

(6) (Space divided by time) times (curved space divided by curved time) results as resultant space divided by resultant time. This causes a change in light's overall speed. Any change is acceleration. However, the speed that light travels in and of itself never changes.

(7)
Quote:
After the universe reaches a certain radius, wouldn't the effects of quantum gravity become negligible?

The effects of quantum gravity are carried along with expanded light but I do believe that effect would cease beyond the light horizon.

(8) According to FF, the rate of expansion started at the speed of light. Today, it would be something like 13,738,959,030 resultant light years distance in 6133.1248 curved years time. It's alot more than what current BB theorists propose.

(9)I think I kinda covered this point in (7)

(10) I've actualy been working on a TOE theory founded on the FF model. It's an extensive topic that is still in progress so I'm going to leave it at that for now.

(11) Yes and no. I think my answers for Qns 3-5 cover the topic.

(12) Expansion isn't accelerating visible light faster than the expanding universe.

(13) On the issue of stars age, perhaps I should study into it more.

(14) There are only two forms of degrees in theoretical physics that I know of, MA and Phd. Considering a Doctoral requires a written publishable thesis, and that the student completes their own original research as well as a complete a course of study, I'm prefering toward a Masters degree. At present, I still need a Batchlers in Physics with a minor in advanced mathmatics. This Email kinda explains my situation:

Quote:
Hello again,

At the undergrad level we get into special relativity, certainly Lorenz transformations, intro to Minkowski spacetime, certainly a good basis in electrodynamics. But all the rest is generally treated at the graduate level – and sometimes not even then. General Relativity is not necessarily in a physics graduate program unless you seek it out, for example. I did, I even got started on it as an undergrad, but that was unusual. What I’m saying is you would have to pick a graduate program that emphasized these things. (Most theoretical physics nowadays seems to be string theory.)

So, this is a long row to hoe. If you love physics it’s definitely worth it, but it will take time. First question is whether you actually need an undergraduate degree in physics or not. If you already have some other baccalaureate degree, you could just take the physics & math classes needed for entrance to a graduate school program.

Another question is whether the degree is the goal or the knowledge base is the goal. One possibility is to do a bunch of the available physics classes on MIT’s open university site. Here’s the link:

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Physics/

A lot of very good material in each class, but best worked through with an actual copy of the textbook in front of you and doing the homework.

Of course, if you want to do this full-bore then there’s nothing like doing it officially!

Ken Caviness

Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 7:28 PM
To: Ken Caviness
Subject: physics degree

I haven't contacted you for some time due personal studies. I come to the conclusion that I need to get a degree in theoretical physics in order to complete my endeavor with the "First Flash" model. Does Southern have such a degree and if not how would you suggest I go about it? The areas of study I'm contending with involve Kerr-Newman Geometry, General Relativity, Minkowskian Spacetime, Extended Heim Theory, QFT, Antidesitter Space, QED, Clifford Geometry, Lorenz equations, Godel Universe, Frame Dragging, and of course a foundational education in EM, gravitation, WNF & SNF.

Last edited by JCS; 12/10/09 12:18 AM.
Re: Any Other Type Of Evidence & The Bible? [Re: JCS] #122126
12/10/09 02:38 AM
12/10/09 02:38 AM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Quote:
I will, at a later point, expand on proofs in physics that lead me to FF such as universal inertia, relative effects of universal frame dragging, and the merging of QM with GR via Max Morris's Simply Relativity.

This is just a self reminder of points I promised to cover. I've already dealt with "Simply Relativity" so that just leaves universal inertia and Frame Dragging. Subjects like Godel's universe, Kerr-Newman geometry, naked singularities, and "gray holes" are far too advanced for this forum (and mathmaticly very difficult for me to fully tackle without futhering my education.)

Luckily, I found some info I already worked out on an old email. Here's the excerpt:

Quote:
In order to fortify my position on the universal effects of inertia, as is required for the First Flash model to work, I've added two quotes on the subject.

(Quoted from "A Gentleman's guide to Modern Physics")
Acceleration must be acceleration relative to the center mass of the universe. Universal inertia force behaves practically as if all the masses of the universe would sit on a spherical shell within the Hubble Radius. (where the speed of expansion equals the speed of light.) Any mass inside this shell would feel the universal inertia force as if it was in a state of accelerated motion relative to the shell.

(Quoted from "The Fabric of the Cosmos")
For a shell that contains enough mass, an amount on par with that contained in the entire universe, the calculations show that it doesn't matter whether one thinks of the hollow sphere to be spinning around an object inside or that the object inside is spinning within the hollow sphere. The only thing that matters is the relative spinning motion between the two. A sufficiently massive rotating sphere is able to completely block the usual influence of the space beyond it.

On the topic of twisting force, or torque, an increasing radius increases the amount of possible torque to be exerted on the central object.

Last edited by JCS; 12/10/09 02:40 AM.
Re: Any Other Type Of Evidence & The Bible? [Re: JCS] #122139
12/10/09 07:27 PM
12/10/09 07:27 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Green Cochoa stated:
Quote:
I don't think "curved space," "cyclical space," etc. are ever specified in Scripture, so it is a big stretch, at best, to try to support these ideas from Scripture.

Refer to Ezekiel chapter 1 and chapter 10. These messages are encrypted symbolicly for good reason. If you lack the spiritual gift of discernment, you will not be able to decrypt these passages. If a person who is under Satan's influence hears the truth of Biblical passages, evil angels will work rapidly to twist the truth with falsehood or to simply deny it completely.

Due to the fact that Satan and his legions of fallen angels are waging a spiritual war of principalities and powers in opposition to the Creator of all, God must relay important knowledge to the remnant via encripted channels (prophetic symbolism). If God failed to do this with all information relaying knowledge to key future events, the armies of darkness would intercept and discern such knowledge and use it for evil. Satan uses the most advanced forms of counter intellegence in order to shield the Earth of God's light of truth. The lord of deception poisons all truth by adding slight amounts of falsehood. Those who taste of his corrupted fruit become corrupted themselves. Those who discover the deception without relying on the guidance of the Holy Spirit, also become deceived to adopt extemist beliefs. The path of salvation is narrow. Deviate slightly in any direction and your off the path. There is also the lukewarm, the ones who don't want to rock the boat and compromise to all that is wrong. These well planned lies work as a two edged sword, hacking any soul to spiritual threads that lacks faith in God for truth in all things. Only this fine line of truth in obedience to God habors a safe pathway amidst a mine field of spiritual death. Those who follow this rare path are deeply hated by anyone else not on it themseleves. This is God's two edged sword of truth. It is the only spiritual thing we can rely on that cannot be severed by Satan's deadly arsenal.

Last edited by JCS; 12/10/09 08:41 PM.
Re: Any Other Type Of Evidence & The Bible? [Re: JCS] #122145
12/10/09 08:37 PM
12/10/09 08:37 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Can you point out specifically where in those chapters God talks about curved/cyclical space? Thanks.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: Any Other Type Of Evidence & The Bible? [Re: asygo] #122147
12/10/09 09:33 PM
12/10/09 09:33 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
I should provide some context on how I came about finding this. I've been trying to discover if there is actual physics related to the Sabbath. Scripture warns of disaster and utter ruin for those who fail to observe it. It even seems apparent that Joshua used cycles related to the Sabbath (at God's command) to destroy Jericho. Digging through my mathmatics dictionary I discovered that rest cycles exist in pendulums as they move in simple harmonic motion. This brought to my mind Kepler's third law and the motion of the planets. It also brought to my attention what Ellen White said about all creation circling God's throne. If our universe is indeed orbiting Heaven, and the Sabbath is the rest cycle of its simple harmonic motion, then our universe orbits the creator every 14 days (there are two rest cycles per orbit.) All of that being said, I felt inspired to study Ezekiel in the hope of finding any new insight relating to God's throne. Here's were I found what I'm talking about.

Ezekiel 1:25 "Then there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man."

The throne of sapphire is the throne of God. God's throne is Heaven. Heaven is a universe. Our universe orbits the throne of God. Ezekiel isn't talking about space craft or UFOs, he has been given a vision of heavenly mechanisms invisible to man. Digging deeper, chapter one describes four creatures with four wheels. (All of this is symbolic.) These creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning. These creatures are seen above the Earth. 1:25 "Then there was a voice from above the expanse over their heads as they stood with lowered wings." Verse 22 discribes the expanse: "Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked like an expanse, sparkling like ice, and awesome." This is the "sea of glass". If our universe cycles around Heaven, what expanse exists between Earth and Heaven? The Light Horizon. If that is the case, then what are these four interconnected creatures with wheels (residing between Earth and the Light Horizon)? They have properties of rapid flight (wings), they have properties of angular motion (wheels), they behave like light (flashes of lightning). The list goes on and on and on. If someone can't see the relationship (even when its been decrypted and spelled out) they never will.

Last edited by JCS; 12/10/09 10:46 PM.
Page 4 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 35 36

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!