HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily), 2,156 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 36 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 35 36
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: asygo] #122229
12/15/09 05:19 PM
12/15/09 05:19 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
I jumped the gun on this point.

The E^2 in the lecture is electric field intensity in newtons per coulomb or in terms of energy 1 volt/m = 1 newton/coulomb, so that 1volt = 1 joule/coulomb. PE would represent electric field density. The E in relativistic energy = total potential energy + total kinetic energy + total rest mass energy. So the two values represented by E are not the same thing(true). The Maxwell-Lorentz energy density equation does lend its self in value to calculating the equivolent energy densities measured within the magnetic field and electric field in EM radiation. I believe my finding this equation has relavence and value to understanding Ez 1:27-28 (which may or may not be true) but it also seems true to me that God permitted me to be easily led to a false conclusion (by not fully investigating my information) in order to reveal my own course in error.

On the question of symbolic meanings, first it seems obvious to me that the wording used in EZ 1 is symbolic (not literal), it's my experience that symbolism in scripture retains spiritual, temporal, and even physical meanings. Finding actual physics in scripture is a relatively new concept, even though there are verses from the Bible and statements in the Spirit of Prophecy that support it. (This still doesn't prove that my decryptions are accurate.) If Ez 1 has symbolism in physics then glowing metal that is full of fire lends its self to represent intensely heated mass. The value of M times E is what came to my mind. (Symbolism is rarely perfect in comparison to reality.) Fire stands out as a symbol of energy. The statement "and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him." seemed to represent an equivalance to the first statement. If this is the case then the brilliant light is the same as glowing metal (only represented differently for a reason.) This is the reason I expressed E/c^2. After looking at it I realized that the whole thing would equal E^2/c^2. "This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord." The glory of the Lord = E^2/c^2. If this is true I do not yet know what the significance is. This term "glory of the Lord" is found later in Eziekel and in other locations like Revelation. "Like the appearance of a rainbow..., so was the radiance around him." This appearance lends to the same meaning. "Radiance" (energy) being dispersed like light in a rainbow "around him." E^2/c^2

Last edited by JCS; 12/15/09 06:03 PM.
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #122272
12/18/09 09:45 PM
12/18/09 09:45 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
As I don't want this topic to fall by the wayside, I am bumping it.

bump

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #122293
12/20/09 01:48 AM
12/20/09 01:48 AM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec

Hi JCS, welcome to the forum. Have you crossed paths with SDA physicist Robert Gentry?

Over the decades he's been shunned by conventional Science, taking a brave and solitary stand with his polonium halo research, as described in his 1988 book Creation's Tiny Mystery. Gentry concludes that polonium halos ('radioactive fingerprints') in granite are strong evidence for fiat creation, and convincingly so.

Given society's accelerating descent into chaos and confusion, pursuit of degrees may not prove rewarding or even wise at this time, esp. if leading us to depend on unbelievers for direction. It's often a trying decision for those who are seeking growth. Essential knowledge comes first from the Word, our only safe foundation. May you find fruitful fellowship with those who are like-minded.

Robert & David Gentry site with articles, books & streaming video:

Earth Science Associates

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: gordonb1] #122393
12/24/09 04:15 PM
12/24/09 04:15 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 2:29 PM
To: esa@halos.com
Subject: [SPAM] New theory to explain distant starlight

My name is John Sanders and I am a current member of the SDA church in Grand Junction CO. I am attempting to find and contact a well founded adventist with a degree in physics. My reason for this message is simply that I am developing a well rounded theory explaining the problem of distant starlight with in the context of the biblicaly young Earth. I need to find a physicist who is capable and willing to certify, edit, and flesh out this theory into a fully testable, scientific model. The ramifications for a testable theory are theologicly, as well as scientificly profound and global. I've contacted Amazing Facts on the subject of publishing my material. If the material is certified by a creditable physicist, scientificly testable as fact, and found suitable for publication Amazing Facts will be willing to publish and distribute. I believe this theory will possibly (A) prove the Earth, as well as all of the known universe, is little over 6000 years old, (B) unify the four known forces of nature, (C) unveil new, presently unknown forces, (D) prove the universe was created from nothing, but rather by forces outside the frame work of timespace, (E) evidence an infinitely intelligent being outside timespace exists and created the universe in the begining of time with light, (F) prove a literal week of creation, as evidenced in scripture, (the true day of rest would be evidenced as true thereby uplifting the church through proven science) (G) cause the SDA church to become a forerunner of a post modern scientific age, and could (H) trigger despritely awaited last day events as is predicted by E.G. White.

To: John Sanders <trigala2@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 4:30:29 PM
Subject: RE: [SPAM] New theory to explain distant starlight

Dear friend, Let me suggest you first take a look at what I have done.
See www.halos.com and www.orionfdn.org, especially the three DVDs which are streamed on the halos website.
Blessings, Bob Gentry

Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 7:06 PM
To: Robert Gentry
Subject: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] New theory to explain distant starlight

I have indeed been studing your work a number of years. It's quite impressive. Best of luck with your current lawsuit. Question: was your response an encripted reply of interest, rejection, or simply a quick note of relative information?

RE: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] New theory to explain distant starlightWednesday, February 4, 2009 5:40 PM
From: "Robert Gentry" <esa@halos.com>View contact detailsTo: "'John Sanders'" <trigala2@yahoo.com>Just a quick note of relative information. Right now I just do not have time to do anything but pursue my one research.
Blessings, Bob Gentry

I should add that my cosmological construct predicts strange occurances of instantaneous matter formation within lesser elemental masses (a byproduct effect of angular gravitational energy coming in contact with curved time-space). This would of course agree with Gentry's granite crystal halo evidence created by Polonium 218 isotopes (of which have a half life of only three minutes).

Last edited by JCS; 12/24/09 04:42 PM.
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #122469
12/28/09 11:22 PM
12/28/09 11:22 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
I recently found this comment and thought it seemed relevant to the FF model.
Quote:
Time Dilation with distance.

As has long been established, light coming from objects at ever greater distance are ever more red shifted. If we could see a clock through a telescope at that great distance would it also show time dilation?

The answer is yes - the frequency of the beam of light is a clock and it has slowed.

Put another way, if a distant source emits a beam of monochromatic light for one second, then it must take more than one second for us to observe that beam as the beam still consists of the same number of pulses but they are now spread out further.

If a space colleague were to send a message from a great distance in space then we would expect to hear the voices lowered (slowed) and the message would take longer than if it were emitted locally.

That means observed motion at great distances must be in slow motion relative to us - galaxies will appear to spin slower than they actually are, events will appear to be spread further apart in time and so on.

In fact at a redshift of 4 we would expect things to take four times as long, so a billion years at that distance would take four billion years locally.

Just how thoroughly has this time dilation been taken into consideration when, say, the motion of galaxies is considered? If it was left out altogether then, for instance, ever more red shifted galaxies would require an ever bigger dark matter halo to explain their motion.

--
Kind Regards
Robert Karl Stonjek

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #122471
12/28/09 11:57 PM
12/28/09 11:57 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
After studying December's issue of Scientific American I stumbled across an article refering to "Horava gravity". The physicist Petr Horava is working to prove his theory that a time space phase transition occurs between general relativity (which has low energy) and quantum gravity (high energy). I was truely amazed to find my concept of a dimensional phase transition occuring between quantum physics and GR to ever be published in SA, let alone by someone from Burkley. Here's the article:
Quote:
Splitting Time from Space—New Quantum Theory Topples Einstein's Spacetime
Buzz about a quantum gravity theory that sends space and time back to their Newtonian roots
By Zeeya Merali
Was Newton right and Einstein wrong? It seems that unzipping the fabric of spacetime and harking back to 19th-century notions of time could lead to a theory of quantum gravity.
Physicists have struggled to marry quantum mechanics with gravity for decades. In contrast, the other forces of nature have obediently fallen into line. For instance, the electromagnetic force can be described quantum-mechanically by the motion of photons. Try and work out the gravitational force between two objects in terms of a quantum graviton, however, and you quickly run into trouble—the answer to every calculation is infinity. But now Petr HoYava, a physicist at the University of California, Berkeley, thinks he understands the problem. It’s all, he says, a matter of time.
More specifically, the problem is the way that time is tied up with space in Einstein’s theory of gravity: general relativity. Einstein famously overturned the Newtonian notion that time is absolute—steadily ticking away in the background. Instead he argued that time is another dimension, woven together with space to form a malleable fabric that is distorted by matter. The snag is that in quantum mechanics, time retains its Newtonian aloofness, providing the stage against which matter dances but never being affected by its presence. These two conceptions of time don’t gel.
The solution, HoYava says, is to snip threads that bind time to space at very high energies, such as those found in the early universe where quantum gravity rules. “I’m going back to Newton’s idea that time and space are not equivalent,” HoYava says. At low energies, general relativity emerges from this underlying framework, and the fabric of spacetime restitches, he explains.
HoYava likens this emergence to the way some exotic substances change phase. For instance, at low temperatures liquid helium’s properties change dramatically, becoming a “superfluid” that can overcome friction. In fact, he has co-opted the mathematics of exotic phase transitions to build his theory of gravity. So far it seems to be working: the infinities that plague other theories of quantum gravity have been tamed, and the theory spits out a well-behaved graviton. It also seems to match with computer simulations of quantum gravity.
HoYava’s theory has been generating excitement since he proposed it in January, and physicists met to discuss it at a meeting in November at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, Ontario. In particular, physicists have been checking if the model correctly describes the universe we see today. General relativity scored a knockout blow when Einstein predicted the motion of Mercury with greater accuracy than Newton’s theory of gravity could.
Can HoYYava gravity claim the same success? The first tentative answers coming in say “yes.” Francisco Lobo, now at the University of Lisbon, and his colleagues have found a good match with the movement of planets.
Others have made even bolder claims for HoYava gravity, especially when it comes to explaining cosmic conundrums such as the singularity of the big bang, where the laws of physics break down. If HoYava gravity is true, argues cosmologist Robert Brandenberger of McGill University in a paper published in the August Physical Review D, then the universe didn’t bang—it bounced. “A universe filled with matter will contract down to a small—but finite—size and then bounce out again, giving us the expanding cosmos we see today,” he says. Brandenberger’s calculations show that ripples produced by the bounce match those already detected by satellites measuring the cosmic microwave background, and he is now looking for signatures that could distinguish the bounce from the big bang scenario.
HoYava gravity may also create the “illusion of dark matter,” says cosmologist Shinji Mukohyama of Tokyo University. In the September Physical Review D, he explains that in certain circumstances HoYava’s graviton fluctuates as it interacts with normal matter, making gravity pull a bit more strongly than expected in general relativity. The effect could make galaxies appear to contain more matter than can be seen. If that’s not enough, cosmologist Mu-In Park of Chonbuk National University in South Korea believes that HoYava gravity may also be behind the accelerated expansion of the universe, currently attributed to a mysterious dark energy. One of the leading explanations for its origin is that empty space contains some intrinsic energy that pushes the universe outward. This intrinsic energy cannot be accounted for by general relativity but pops naturally out of the equations of HoYava gravity, according to Park.
HoYava’s theory, however, is far from perfect. Diego Blas, a quantum gravity researcher at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne has found a “hidden sickness” in the theory when double-checking calculations for the solar system. Most physicists examined ideal cases, assuming, for instance, that Earth and the sun are spheres, Blas explains: “We checked the more realistic case, where the sun is almost a sphere, but not quite.” General relativity pretty much gives the same answer in both the scenarios. But in HoYava gravity, the realistic case gives a wildly different result.
Along with Sergei M. Sibiryakov, also at EPFL, and Oriol Pujolas of CERN near Geneva, Blas has reformulated HoYava gravity to bring it back into line with general relativity. Sibiryakov presented the group’s model in September at a meeting in Talloires, France.
HoYava welcomes the modifications. “When I proposed this, I didn’t claim I had the final theory,” he says. “I want other people to examine it and improve it.”
Gia Dvali, a quantum gravity expert at CERN, remains cautious. A few years ago he tried a similar trick, breaking apart space and time in an attempt to explain dark energy. But he abandoned his model because it allowed information to be communicated faster than the speed of light.
“My intuition is that any such models will have unwanted side effects,” Dvali thinks. “But if they find a version that doesn’t, then that theory must be taken very seriously.”

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #122670
01/06/10 07:55 PM
01/06/10 07:55 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
If anyone is still reading from this topic I have a question. If someone relies on a cosmological model that is in agreement with scripture, would future predictions from this model qualify as prophetic time setting? Here's a second question. Can prophetic statements in scripture have a second meaning relating to events effecting the natural world?

Last edited by JCS; 01/06/10 08:03 PM.
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #122770
01/09/10 02:10 AM
01/09/10 02:10 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
It is my understanding that there isn't any prophetic time setting beyond 1844.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: Daryl] #122779
01/09/10 01:13 PM
01/09/10 01:13 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Daryl F
Well, what about the millenium? And what do you do with EGW writings saying Dn 12, trumpets, etc... are futur?

Blessings
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: Elle] #122781
01/09/10 05:11 PM
01/09/10 05:11 PM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Elle
Originally Posted By: Daryl F
Well, what about the millenium? And what do you do with EGW writings saying Dn 12, trumpets, etc... are futur?

Those are events, but all prophetic time settings are now basically done, except for the second coming and all the events that come with it....

Page 6 of 36 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 35 36

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!