HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily), 2,269 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 36 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 35 36
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124141
03/20/10 08:39 AM
03/20/10 08:39 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Originally Posted By: JCS
On your second statement, I first came across Horava-Lifshitz gravity in an article posted in Scientific American. I was instantly intrigued and immediately sought to find the actual theory. (It isn't perfect and does in fact have some key problems.) I am assuming you are in search of the actual math behind Petr Horava's theory. If this is the case the link provided should be very helpful.

http://www.ift.uni.wroc.pl/~planckscale/lectures/1-Monday/8-Weinfurtner.pdf

Acctually, I am in search for Horava's original paper. The document at your link is a presentation aid and not very useful lacking the presenter.

I am fully aware that you neither can nor will post your full data on to this forum. However, scientific work is also about distilling data into papers for others to critique. I assume you have done this. Such a paper would not be too much to ask for I think, assuming that you have already published it in a suitable paper. Anyone who successfully publishes and defends a theory of the magnitude of yours gets the nobel prize. When we get to read your publishable work, we can say that we were among the first to know about this.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: vastergotland] #124143
03/20/10 06:46 PM
03/20/10 06:46 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Until I've acquired a degree in theoretical physisics or find someone else with a degree and willing to refine and publish my work the possibility of something as grandious as the Nobel prise is quite impossible. (there is also a large degree of politics involved as to who gets such a prize) There are others who have claimed to have a unified theory other than myself.

Quote:
I am fully aware that you neither can nor will post your full data on to this forum.

This isn't the case. I'm working to post what material I can on this forum. (please be patient)

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124145
03/20/10 09:37 PM
03/20/10 09:37 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
As you seem to be saying that there is more than one universe, how many do you think there are?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: Daryl] #124148
03/21/10 01:17 AM
03/21/10 01:17 AM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
At the minimum 24, but I suspect there may be an infinite number. (The number and relative placement of these universes would obviously effect my distance and mass calculations.) It is my belief that a universal inertial energy (at the quantum scale) will soon be detected with a resonance in harmony with the weekly sabbath. This energy will evidence the presence of a universe scale mass beyond our own universe, of which our own visible cosmos orbits. If this does happen I am most certain Satan will pervert this knowledge to bolster the upcoming Sunday law. This idea is of course completely speculative.

Last edited by JCS; 03/21/10 01:20 AM.
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124149
03/21/10 01:27 AM
03/21/10 01:27 AM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA

Last edited by Daryl F; 03/21/10 02:40 PM. Reason: Edited to make the link clickable
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124160
03/21/10 09:02 PM
03/21/10 09:02 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
I suppose the reason you keep refering to blogs and presentations is that you have not acctually read the original article. This is of course a speculative assumption.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: vastergotland] #124167
03/22/10 01:39 AM
03/22/10 01:39 AM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Did you bother to look at the links on the first sight I gave you. There are copies of his work right there. There are also links to other papers ammending Horvara's work. What's wrong with looking at ammended copies of the original work? Are you trying to make a point about Petr's work?

Unless you already have authorization and am willing to pay for the pdf file you can not gain access to Horvara's original work. (Welcome to the real world of advanced physics.) I do not have any close connections at Berkeley and the physicists I know that do can not ethicly provide a pirated copy to me. I certainly can not "give" you something that I am prohibited from legally having direct access to my self. You need some form of physics degree, be involved in a current college physics program, or other legitimate reason to be provided access to such things. I've already outlined that I lack such a degree, and am quite far from the opportunity from gaining direct access to things like cutting edge physics papers from Berkeley.

So now my question for you is, what's your point?

Last edited by JCS; 03/22/10 02:44 AM.
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124168
03/22/10 02:40 AM
03/22/10 02:40 AM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Quote:
As the serious researcher I assume you are, you of course went looking for Horavas original article/articles to have a look at the math behind the SA synopsis. I have tried to look for it myself but unfortunately lack the time to distill it out of the 65 articles Horava has authored or co-authored since 2007. Could you tell us which article/s you read while researching Horavas work?

Quote:
Acctually, I am in search for Horava's original paper. The document at your link is a presentation aid and not very useful lacking the presenter.

Quote:
I am fully aware that you neither can nor will post your full data on to this forum. However, scientific work is also about distilling data into papers for others to critique. I assume you have done this. Such a paper would not be too much to ask for I think, assuming that you have already published it in a suitable paper. Anyone who successfully publishes and defends a theory of the magnitude of yours gets the nobel prize. When we get to read your publishable work, we can say that we were among the first to know about this.

Quote:
I suppose the reason you keep refering to blogs and presentations is that you have not acctually read the original article. This is of course a speculative assumption.

If you need pointers, Horava published his work in 2009. The name of the the work is called Horava-Lifshitz gravity. You've at least pretended to already have direct access to his 65 articles written since 2007. If this is true then this quote makes me wonder if your being honest or just trying to play games.

Quote:
While I dont know much about physics, I do know enough about science to wonder wether what you are doing here acctually qualifies as "study" in any scientific sence of the word.

First you claimed to know very little about physics, then you want to know which of his 65 articles is the one refered to in SA, then you complain to want the original work because what I provided wasn't "very useful." So then I provide you with a link to several amended variations of Horava's original work and I get your last statement.

Last edited by JCS; 03/22/10 04:38 AM.
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124170
03/22/10 08:28 AM
03/22/10 08:28 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Did you bother to look at the links on the first sight I gave you. There are copies of his work right there. There are also links to other papers ammending Horvara's work. What's wrong with looking at ammended copies of the original work? Are you trying to make a point about Petr's work?
I looked at everything that didnt start with "blog" in the link name.
Quote:

Unless you already have authorization and am willing to pay for the pdf file you can not gain access to Horvara's original work. (Welcome to the real world of advanced physics.)
I incidentally do have access to journals found through the common channels such as Elsevier or Springer links by my university library. Further, through scholar.google.com I found that Horava's articles are published through arxiv.org which means that anyone has free access to them. I just need to know which one. This is an example of a link such as I were looking for from you: http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1003/1003.0009v1.pdf
Quote:

I do not have any close connections at Berkeley and the physicists I know that do can not ethicly provide a pirated copy to me. I certainly can not "give" you something that I am prohibited from legally having direct access to my self. You need some form of physics degree, be involved in a current college physics program, or other legitimate reason to be provided access to such things. I've already outlined that I lack such a degree, and am quite far from the opportunity from gaining direct access to things like cutting edge physics papers from Berkeley.
What you do need is being enrolled at a university or a college. However, you could study anything between string theory physics to the history of feminism and still have access to cutting edge physics papers. I acctually thought you either had or were studying for a BA in physics. My error.
Quote:

So now my question for you is, what's your point?
My point is to figgure out if you are "standing on the shoulders of giants" (Isaac Newton) or if you are building a straw house on a sandy shore.

Galatians 2

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124171
03/22/10 09:01 AM
03/22/10 09:01 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Quote:
As the serious researcher I assume you are, you of course went looking for Horavas original article/articles to have a look at the math behind the SA synopsis. I have tried to look for it myself but unfortunately lack the time to distill it out of the 65 articles Horava has authored or co-authored since 2007. Could you tell us which article/s you read while researching Horavas work?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you need pointers, Horava published his work in 2009. The name of the the work is called Horava-Lifshitz gravity. You've at least pretended to already have direct access to his 65 articles written since 2007. If this is true then this quote makes me wonder if your being honest or just trying to play games.
Well.. With these pointers I think the first article would be one of these:
http://cdsweb.cern.ch/record/1163081
http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/0812/0812.4287v3.pdf
http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/0901/0901.3775v2.pdf
http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/0902/0902.3657v2.pdf
http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1003/1003.0009v1.pdf
and that these might be useful aswell:
http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1002/1002.0308v1.pdf
http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1002/1002.2849v3.pdf
You may notice that all of these except the very first one are free for all to read. It took me less than half an hour to find these four articles written by Horava since 2009 on this subject. Of course it would take me many years to understand them since I lack the proper education in physics and math. At any rate, your claim to have researched a new physics rings a bit more hollow now that we have established that I could in 30 minutes find the articles you claim to have based part of your work on but have apparently not even read. (Even when you cannot read the articles online, you could physically visit the local college or university library and read the journals there. Even so, I would expect you to keep proper references to any article you choose to quote, and be prepeared to share the reference with curious people.)
Quote:
Quote:
While I dont know much about physics, I do know enough about science to wonder wether what you are doing here acctually qualifies as "study" in any scientific sence of the word.

First you claimed to know very little about physics, then you want to know which of his 65 articles is the one refered to in SA, then you complain to want the original work because what I provided wasn't "very useful." So then I provide you with a link to several amended variations of Horava's original work and I get your last statement.
As I said, I know some things about research. New discoveries are built on the base of older discoveries. Even breakthrough work such as Einsteins or Newtons are not entierly new, but much of their genious is found on piecing old threads of evidence together into a new design with only some entierly new aditions. Building on old evidence requires that you are familiar with it. In todays scientific society, that familiarity comes through peer reviewed journals. Not least because new work is not considered until it has been published in such a journal. Information found through other sources may be but it may also not be good. How to research and source criticism are two main lessons learned in the process of obtaining a BA or MA. Starting with giving you the benefit of doubt, assuming that you had made these considerations but were downplaying them for the sake of other forum members, I made the questions and comments you quoted above. I now find that neither of these skills have left any large imprints on your work, at least not as presented here and even in the face of direct questions. I think this makes us both clear where we have each other.

Galatians 2

Page 10 of 36 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 35 36

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!