HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y), 2,288 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 36 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 35 36
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: Daryl] #124489
04/04/10 12:50 AM
04/04/10 12:50 AM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Quote:
Are there any Bible references that would help substantiate any of this?

Quote:
Also, are there any SOP references that would also help substantiate this?

Yes and yes. I should ask in what key area were you inquiring scriptural and SOP support for the FF model? (There is alot of stuff to choose from.)

Thank you for setting things up to support jpegs. I just need to know how to post them.

Also, I was recently impressed with the idea that there ought be similar electrical processes effected by FF as with light. I wish there was an Adventist physicist in the world that was willing to help me with this additional FF branch. (hint hint)

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124502
04/04/10 08:48 PM
04/04/10 08:48 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am looking for Scriptural support for more than one Universe, whether two or more.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: Daryl] #124533
04/05/10 03:54 AM
04/05/10 03:54 AM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Alot of what I refered to in line # 124138 lends support to the existence of more than one universe.

Quote:
CTr 290.6, SpTAo1b 38.3, TDG 14.4, 6BC 1088.4, 1888 1661.1, CTr 334.3, TA 198.2, 18MR 14.4, 2SAT 65.4, 2MR 16.3, 16MR2 200.2, Mar 173.3, 7ABC 460.1, SSW April 1 1895 par.4, PH 150 12.1, PC 410.1, LHU 232.3, 12 MR 412.1, PH 149 18.3, 8MR 244.2, Y1 October 17 1895 par 2, FLB 37.3, CG 519.1, 7ABC 470.1, 2SAT 84.2, EV 127.5, BLJ 326.2, AUCR June 1 1900 par. 15, GC 677-678, EW p. 15-16 41 259 277 285-288, Gen 1:1-31, 2:1-3, Ex 20:11, Ps 33:9 148:1-6, Job 22:14, Ez 1 10, Joel 2:10, 2:30, Matt 24:29-30, Luke 12:2, John 1:1-5, Hebrews 1:10-12, 9:23-24, 11:3, 2Pe 3, Rev 6:12-17, 20:11, 21:1

I will however, endeavor to review through what I've found that's most relevent. Genesis 1:1 refers to the creation of the heavens and the Earth to have occured in the beginning of time. The rate and dimension of time and space in one universe acts with complete independance from any other. (This does not mean that physical forces external to a universe can not effect it.)

Genesis 2:1-3 summarizes that the heavens, the Earth, and everything in the heavens and Earth (which includes all of the stars mentioned in Gen 1:16) were created within the spance of the creation week. This is again stated in Ex 20:11. Psalms 33:6-9 reverberates that by the Lord's spoken word the starry host came into existence just as it is stated in Gen 1. John 1:1-3 backs the account that everything that exists has been created by God. Hebrews 11:3 states that the universe was formed at God's command.

Job 22:12-14 is key in revealing the true location of God's throne. First, notice that something obscures God from us but is not seen by God himself. Only nothingness can be invisible to God. It is a dimensionless void that separates universes. Next, look at this portion, "he walketh the circuit of heaven." then go back to an earlier quote, "Is not God in the heights of heaven?" The furthest visible heights of the heavens is the light horizon, but God isn't visible to us. This horizion is 13.73 billion light years away. combine this with the fact that God walks the circuit of the heavens. Considering that God sits in his throne in Heaven this entire scene is very strange, unless the throne of God resides beyond the light horizon. Anything outside the light horizon exists independently of our universe.

Consider the odd vision in Ezekiel 1. Starting with verse 22, notice that above the creatures is an expanse that sparkles like ice. Verse 26 refers to a throne of sapphire above the expanse. High above this throne is the Lord. The sparkling expanse is the sea of glass refered to in Revelation. I propose that the sea of glass IS the light horizon.

Joel 2:10 states that in a future event a shaking of the entire visible univese will occur. This is called the great and terrible day of the Lord. Again in verses 30-31 calamities are predicted to effect the visible universe. In Matt 24:29-30 Christ describes the same event. Take a very careful note of Hebrews 1:10-12. All that was created in the week of creation will perish. 2 Peter 3:7-10 claims that heavens and the earth will pass away and that this event will occur like a thief in the night. (also note Rev 6:12-17, 20:11-15 & 21:1)

Consider the fact that there are unfallen worlds created by God. If something has not been contaminated it is reasonable to say that it does not require purification. On this point, Hebrews 9:23-24. The heavens themselves require an act of purification. Consider the sanctuary model in it's physical sense. It is a pitched tent. Our universe has been refered to as such in Isaiah 40:22.

Revelation 4:4 states that "surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty four elders." At this point I'd like to quote something I said earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Following how scripture and the spirit of prophecy describe Heaven, it seems likely that God has other created works beyond the known visible universe.

Based on what I've studied in Ezekiel 1, there are four key interconnected physical properties to the visible universe. (cyclical space, cyclical time, curved space, curved time) Above the four "creatures" and "wheels" is the "sea of glass". I believe this to be the light horizon. Above this expanse is the "throne of sapphire", Heaven.

According to Ellen White, the throne of God is the universe Heaven. If God's throne is a universe in it's self, there may be at least 24 other individual universes surrounding it. (Rev. 4:4) "Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones..." Ellen makes another interesting point in GC 677: "-suns and stars and systems, all in their appointed order circling the throne of Deity." According to the First Flash model, we exist in a rotating universe and this universe is orbiting something else beyond it. (probably Heaven)

Most of the remaining refrences to SOP show how Ellen White commonly calls Heaven a universe being distict and separate from our visible universe.

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124551
04/05/10 08:44 PM
04/05/10 08:44 PM
B
Bravus  Offline
Posting New Member
Edmonton Alberta
Hi All

I'm David Geelan, a physicist of sorts. That is to say, I did a BEd(Chem) at Avondale College in the 1980s, which was essentially a Bachelor of Science combined with an education degree. My major was chemistry and my minor was physics, so I've studied physics up to 2000 level at university. I then taught high school chemistry and physics (more physics, actually, because physics teachers are in short supply) for a number of years, and have since done a PhD in science education. So I'm by no means a PhD physicist or a working physicist, and don't want to misrepresent my expertise, but I do know my way around physics.

I'm afraid there are very serious problems and issues throughout the 'first flash' model, in all sorts of ways. It's useful as an intriguing speculation and as a way of thinking about space and time, but the gaps and misunderstandings make it simply not plausible as a cosmological model. Let me try to explain.

The current standard cosmological model suggests that the known universe is about 93 billion lightyears across, and is about 13.7 billion lightyears old. The fact that we know about stars that are farther away than the accepted age of the universe is explained by the rapid expansion of spacetime shortly after the Big Bang, and the 'red shift' of distant stars is similarly explained.

Now, for some people who have posted here, that is all OK: they believe God created the universe as a whole long before Creation Week, and that the Biblical creation week is about the creation of life on earth, or earth, or our solar system, but not the rest of the universe. (There is a wide range of possible Young Life Creationist positions, I think all of which have been represented by various posters here.)

So the problem JCS addresses - the problem of light from distant galaxies making it to earth in 6000 years - is only a problem for 'Young Universe Creationists': those who believe the entire universe was created about 6000 years ago. These are a fairly small group within Young Life Creationist groups.

That sets in place some parameters within which to address the problem: I'll start another post to address the actual physical/mathematical issues.

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: Bravus] #124552
04/05/10 09:02 PM
04/05/10 09:02 PM
B
Bravus  Offline
Posting New Member
Edmonton Alberta
The physics notion of 'spin' applies to subatomic particles such as electrons, and it does not mean that the particles are actually spinning (since electrons also have a wave nature and should be thought of more as a wave function describing probabilities rather than a hard sphere spinning on its axis). 'Spin' was just a label used to describe two possible states, much like 'charm' and 'strangeness' are just labels used to explain characteristics of quarks, which are not actually charming or strange. The concept of 'spin' in this sense does not apply to large objects like planets at all, and doing so is simply a misunderstanding of the relevant physics.

'Curved time' is also not a physics concept, but seems to be one JCS has invented (I'm happy to be corrected by him). Einstein's theory of General Relativity describes spacetime as being 'curved' by masses to produce gravitational 'forces', but that is not the concept used in JCS's calculations.

The convention of treating the speed of light as 1 is simply a convention of changing units. The speed of light is about 186,000 miles per second or just under 300,000 kilometres per second: different units yield different numbers. If the unit of measurement is one lightsecond per second, the number yielded is 1. But JCS then arbitrarily decides to change the speed of light to one lightday per second, without changing the number. That is not a legitimate move. One lightday is 60x60x24=86,400 lightseconds... so he has just increased the speed of light by 86,400 times with no physical basis at all.

He then introduces the notions of spin of the earth and 'curve time', but the practical effect is to simply multiply the speed of light by itself:

Quote:
I should go ahead and try to illustrate the effects of light on the first week (according to the FF model).

(cyclical space/ cyclical time) x (curved space/ curved time)

Day 1: 1/1 x 1/1 =1 light day radius per 1 day resultant time
Day 2: 2/2 x 2/2 =4 ld r per 4d
Day 3: 3/3 x 3/3 =9 ld r per 9d
Day 4: 4/4 x 4/4 =16 ld r per 16d
Day 5: 5/5 x 5x5 =25 ld r per 25d
Day 6: 6/6 x 6x6 =36 ld r per 36d
Day 7: 7/7 x 7/7 =49 ld r per 49d
Day 8: 8/8 x 8/8 =64 ld r per 64d

By choosing the units as he has, he multiplies the speed of light by 86,400, then squares it. 86,400 squared is 7 464 960 000.

But this number, which he then somehow uses to divide the conventional age of the universe to magically come up with a number very close to 6000 years (the number of days in a year is invoked as well), is a pure 'fudge factor', an artifact either of mistakes and misunderstandings or of deliberate misdirection. It is *not* legitimate to simply change from lightseconds to lightdays without changing the number, and it is *not* legitimate to use 'spin' and 'curved space' as has been done in these calculations. That is true whether one has a creationist or any other cosmological framework. These are not issues of perspective but of honest physics and mathematics.

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: Bravus] #124554
04/05/10 10:52 PM
04/05/10 10:52 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Bravus,

welcome to the forum!

The points you have made here are quite valid. I attempted some months ago to provide similar input to the discussion, only to find JCS looking for ways to continue his unconventional math. As he seems so inclined, I have not had much interest in pouring further cold water on his pet ideas, despite the fact that they are unsupportable.

(If you have read the thread from the beginning, perhaps you have followed all of this.)

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: Bravus] #124555
04/05/10 10:58 PM
04/05/10 10:58 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Bravus is correct that I have a Young Universe Creation perspective. On the topic of spin. Massless objects spin can either be "right-handed" or "left-handed". My reference to spin in the First Flash model relates to physical properties uniting quantum physics with general relativity. Considering this, my use for spin transends string theory's use for the same word. The two different uses for the term shouldn't be confused. Thank you for pointing that out.

My term "curved time" is the exact same thing as angular time. This value shows up as "dt" in the equation for angular velocity.

w = d(theta)/dt

Are you still confused?

Quote:
The convention of treating the speed of light as 1 is simply a convention of changing units. The speed of light is about 186,000 miles per second or just under 300,000 kilometres per second: different units yield different numbers. If the unit of measurement is one lightsecond per second, the number yielded is 1. But JCS then arbitrarily decides to change the speed of light to one lightday per second, without changing the number. That is not a legitimate move. One lightday is 60x60x24=86,400 lightseconds... so he has just increased the speed of light by 86,400 times with no physical basis at all.

Where did you get the idea that I changed the speed of light from one light second per second to one light day per second? I'm not impressed with false arguments.

Quote:
But this number, which he then somehow uses to divide the conventional age of the universe to magically come up with a number very close to 6000 years (the number of days in a year is invoked as well), is a pure 'fudge factor', an artifact either of mistakes and misunderstandings or of deliberate misdirection. It is *not* legitimate to simply change from lightseconds to lightdays without changing the number, and it is *not* legitimate to use 'spin' and 'curved space' as has been done in these calculations. That is true whether one has a creationist or any other cosmological framework. These are not issues of perspective but of honest physics and mathematics.

This other garbage just ticks me off. Read this entire thread and study it this time. It's obvious to me you've failed to comprehend what you've read thus far.

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124556
04/05/10 11:02 PM
04/05/10 11:02 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
As soon as I manage to cool off I'll proceed to pick apart Bravus's last paragraph.

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124557
04/05/10 11:13 PM
04/05/10 11:13 PM
B
Bravus  Offline
Posting New Member
Edmonton Alberta
Feel free to clarify: I've read as well and as clearly as I can, but I'm very aware that I'm fallible... and, to be fair, your exposition hasn't always been a model of clarity either.

I'm not here to attack you or pick a fight with you, and I said above that I'm happy to be corrected by you. I *am* here to try to clarify and explain ideas for other readers of the forum.

I'll try to deal with the issues you've raised above one by one:

'dt' is not a quantity representing angular time, it is a mathematical expression that is part of differentiating the angular 'distance' (theta - angle in radians) with respect to time. Time in that equation is simply time.

As for changing the units of speed of light to one day, I got that from your first post, specifically these words:

Quote:
In my First Flash model, the minimum value for light is NOT 1 second, it's 1 day.

If I've misinterpreted what you meant to say, please clarify, but my reading of what you meant does actually 'work' in terms of the calculations you then proceed to do.

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: Bravus] #124558
04/05/10 11:16 PM
04/05/10 11:16 PM
B
Bravus  Offline
Posting New Member
Edmonton Alberta
By way of further clarification:

Quote:
I should go ahead and try to illustrate the effects of light on the first week (according to the FF model).

(cyclical space/ cyclical time) x (curved space/ curved time)

Day 1: 1/1 x 1/1 =1 light day radius per 1 day resultant time
Day 2: 2/2 x 2/2 =4 ld r per 4d
Day 3: 3/3 x 3/3 =9 ld r per 9d
Day 4: 4/4 x 4/4 =16 ld r per 16d
Day 5: 5/5 x 5x5 =25 ld r per 25d
Day 6: 6/6 x 6x6 =36 ld r per 36d
Day 7: 7/7 x 7/7 =49 ld r per 49d
Day 8: 8/8 x 8/8 =64 ld r per 64d

Any number divided by itself is 1. That means the table above reduces to:

1 x 1 = 1
1 x 1 = 1
1 x 1 = 1
1 x 1 = 1
1 x 1 = 1
1 x 1 = 1
1 x 1 = 1

To be fair, that's exactly what JCS' results show: 64 light days per 64 days is exactly the same thing as 1 light day per 1 day. What that does, though, is show a constant value for the speed of light, rather than an accelerating value. The speed of light now is 1 lightday per day, and according to this calculation that was the same during the days of creation.

I hope it's possible to reason together without anger and rancor. I'm trying to clarify and understand, but part of that is pointing out apparent errors and confusions. If they're only apparent - if the error is one of comprehension on my part - then please forgive me and clarify in terms I can understand.

Page 14 of 36 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 35 36

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!