HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,066
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Dina, dedication, 1 invisible), 1,631 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The belief of "Sinless Perfection" [Re: Mountain Man] #126588
07/25/10 04:14 AM
07/25/10 04:14 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Why didn't the Father's feelings about sin cause Jesus to suffer unimaginable soul anguish before He became a human?

I think it did. Not just the Father's, but Jesus' own feelings about sin.

Quote:
Few give thought to the suffering that sin has caused our Creator. All heaven suffered in Christ's agony; but that suffering did not begin or end with His manifestation in humanity. The cross is a revelation to our dull senses of the pain that, from its very inception, sin has brought to the heart of God. Every departure from the right, every deed of cruelty, every failure of humanity to reach His ideal, brings grief to Him. (Ed. 263)

Quote:
If Jesus suffered for sin like the resurrected wicked will at the end of time does this mean they will hang on a cross and feel intense sorrow because they long to live eternally with the Father in heaven?

This can't be a serious question.

Quote:
In what sense do you believe the Father is physically present here and now?

God is physically everywhere. I don't know how else to answer your question. Without God's physical presence, nothing could live.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The belief of "Sinless Perfection" [Re: Mountain Man] #126590
07/25/10 04:20 AM
07/25/10 04:20 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: MM
PS - Regarding your question above, yes, it is possible to sin by misunderstanding the character of God and communicating it to others. However, such a sin would be considered a sin of ignorance and would not count against them in judgment.

The following comes to mind:

Quote:
It is as easy to make an idol of false doctrines and theories as to fashion an idol of wood or stone. By misrepresenting the attributes of God, Satan leads men to conceive of Him in a false character. With many, a philosophical idol is enthroned in the place of Jehovah; while the living God, as He is revealed in His word, in Christ, and in the works of creation, is worshiped by but few. (GC 584)

I can't think of anything more important than what's spoken of here; that is, conceiving of God in a true character, worshiping the true God, the living God, as He is revealed in His word, in Christ, and in the works of creation.

Quote:
Based on what I posted above do you think I believe something about God that qualifies as a sin of ignorance?

I have no opinion regarding this. I'm not your judge, or anyone else's. However, when I see you state opinions about God which I believe are incorrect, I'll comment on that, as I have in the past.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The belief of "Sinless Perfection" [Re: Mountain Man] #132409
04/06/11 09:49 AM
04/06/11 09:49 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Tom, please do not overlook 126556. Thank you.

PS - Regarding your question above, yes, it is possible to sin by misunderstanding the character of God and communicating it to others. However, such a sin would be considered a sin of ignorance and would not count against them in judgment. Based on what I posted above do you think I believe something about God that qualifies as a sin of ignorance?

No, I would disagree, as I cannot believe for a second that the Catholic leaders do not know what they teach is paganism, and that Christian ministers dont know what they teach on Gods law being nil, is incorrect, they are not that ignorant. In the end time the Holy Spirit will be poured out and the Sabbath will be shown in a way that will allow people to see what is truth

Last edited by Rick H; 04/06/11 09:56 AM.
Re: The belief of "Sinless Perfection" [Re: Rick H] #132416
04/06/11 02:51 PM
04/06/11 02:51 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Rick, good point.

Re: The belief of "Sinless Perfection" [Re: Mountain Man] #132582
04/11/11 06:58 AM
04/11/11 06:58 AM
Kevin H  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

New York
I don't see where the question is about contradictions in Mrs. White's writings. Of course that would only be an issue to Fundamentalists. Now there are points where we can explain the truth as a oneness of opposits, and at times she emphesises one side and other times the other where she saw that we need to make one of the opposits.

However this topic is a very important topic:

First there is an important point we need to understand that too many don't realize. Luther was an Augustinian, and Augustine believed in predestination. Calvin was baffeled as to why his beloved France refused the Reformation, and finally concluded that they were predestined to be lost. As his students were willing to return to France and end up burned at the stake, there was the currage to face incredable problems, therefore they were predestened for salvation. With all these feelings of predestination there was the idea that it did not matter what you do. If you were predestined to be saved, then you will be saved no matter what. And if you are predestined to be lost then you will be lost no matter what. We have tended to forget this point when we point out the quotes from the Reformers about the worthlessness of our works. Adventism, athough Protestant, tends not to be very Auginstinian. There were dissagreements on the nature of Inspiration between Jerome and Augustine, and our heritage tends to be Jeromeian. The Church also argued ofer differences between Augustine and St. Francis, and our Heritage stems from the Franciscans. And the issues between Augustine and Arminianism, while not completely Arminian, Mrs. White tended to make a oneness of this conflect with elements from both sides of the argument working together and the result still has God supream and in control, and we have things that limit our freedoms (family, environment, background, time in history we live in, etc), but we are moraly free and not predestined. We have to remember the influence that Augustine has had on the Church, however how our heritage is Jerome, St. Francis and stronly influenced by Ariminism, rather than Augustine.

Second: We need to continue to study the nature of hell fire and the distruction of the wicked. I understand that it is the flames that constantly surround the throne of God, God's brightness, glory, love, the glory of his character of love. That hell fire is God visible in person. When prophets saw God in person they initially felt like they were being burned alive, however as time went on instead of this feeling of being burned alive, they came to thrive in this fire. Jesus is our deepest desire. I can go into detail another time, but basically I understand hell fire being when the lost see Jesus, want to be with Jesus and other loved ones they see inside the city, but they feel the guilt of their sins and understanding the uglyness of their sins in God's sight and being unforgiving people they can't see how God can forgive them, feel that God will get them for their sins, go through what Jesus went through in the garden and on the cross, and while the long to come to Jesus and repent, they won't and sepperate themselves from the only source of life. I understand that God treats us the same, but there are two responces to how people react when they see Jesus in person. That fire that made the prophets feel like they were being burned alive but who they learned to thrive in, will either be where we thrive too, or else consumed by.

However this point is different for those who believe that hell fire is of a different nature and who believe that they face God and God either says "Welcome into heaven" or "You are lost" and they leave for hell kicking and screaming. However how we stand on this second point is one that we need to keep in mind as we study and discuss.

Third: Mrs. White saw a difference between perfecting our nature and perfecting our character. It is character perfection that we are to go after.

Fourth: The law of God is self sacrificing love. Nothing more and nothing less. When we love the world as Jesus has loved it, then for us his mission is accomplished, we are fitted for heaven for we have heaven in our hearts. Now we may ask what does self sacrificing love mean and so we have the 2 great principles to love God supreamly and our neighbor as ourselves. Now we can ask how we do this, and so we have the 10 commandaments, the first third, consisting of 3 commandaments, tell us how we can love God supreamly. The last third consisting of 6 commandaments tells us the work of the Holy Spirit in making us loving and lovable people, loving our neighbor as our selves, and the middle third, consisting of one commandment tells us that the only way we can love God supreamly and our neighbor as ourselves is through resting in a friendship and relationship with Jesus. Everything else are just applications, and while God's law is absolute, the applications are not absolute.

Although character perfection means to love God and all that God made as Jesus has loved it. We will still have our sinful nature, a disposition to think we are for ourselves by making less of the outside world, Everything, even our best will always be tainted with this disposition, tainted with selfishness. We will always commit sins of omission as while we are doing out best to help as many others as we can, we cannot help all of them, there will always be starting people as we eat. However we will do our best, and will share the love of Jesus as best as we know now. We will question our actions as to whether it is going more towards loving the world as Jesus has loved it, or if it goes more towards feeling we are for ourselves by making less of the outside world. And we will be showing the love of Jesus.

Re: The belief of "Sinless Perfection" [Re: Kevin H] #132583
04/11/11 07:13 AM
04/11/11 07:13 AM
Kevin H  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

New York
Now as to the question about whether God the Father loves us as much as God the Son: I suppose you are thinking where Mrs. White discribes God the Son approching God the Father three times to ask to save us.

We need to remember, there is but one God, infinite and impersonal, outside of time and space, the creator of time and space. A God too big to be comprehended. So God is also inside of time and space, in the relm of finite, teaching us that God is the almighty creator ruler of the universe, the great unapproachable light/the deep darkness, or God the Father. This revelation of God is necessary but alone not sufficient, we need to also have God as one of us, one we can be close to. This revelation of God is what we call God the Son, also necessary but alone insufficient. Then there is God working with our cells to work and with our subjective expirence, so we have God the Holy Spirit. We need all three of these.

As the personal aspect of God, it is God the Son's job to be the spokesman for the trinity. When Jesus approached God the Father 3 times to ask if he can come and save the human race, it was not that God the Father was less interested, but that Jesus was asking on behalf of the entire triniy, once for each of them. Also the 3 are related to the 3 deceptions of Satan and how each one of them were difficult to deal with. The difficuly we see in the 3 requests were for each member of the trinity. And when Jesus asked 3 times for this cup to pass from him and how the cup was too great to bear, again Jesus was praying as the spokesman for the trinity, praying for each member, and praying that each deception of satan alone was two great to bear, much less all three at once.

And as you study the poetic forms in the Bible, and the chaisms and parrelism, the Bible would presume a parrelism for the 3 times that Jesus asked for the cup to pass from him would need the other side of the poem, of him asking for the cup.

I hope this helps, I know I summed up too much but willing to expand if needed.

Re: The belief of "Sinless Perfection" [Re: Kevin H] #132593
04/11/11 05:13 PM
04/11/11 05:13 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Kevin
We will always commit sins of omission as while we are doing out best to help as many others as we can, we cannot help all of them, there will always be starting people as we eat.

Does this imply Jesus also committed sins of ignorance since He was unable to help everyone?

Re: The belief of "Sinless Perfection" [Re: Mountain Man] #132595
04/11/11 05:39 PM
04/11/11 05:39 PM
M
mtimber  Offline
Posting New Member
Cambs, Peterborough
The question isn't about "not sinning".

The question is about "abiding"...

Re: The belief of "Sinless Perfection" [Re: mtimber] #132601
04/11/11 07:26 PM
04/11/11 07:26 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Amen, Timber. Not sinning is not the goal. Not sinning is not right doing. Right doing involves abiding in Jesus and partaking of the divine nature "that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works . . . rich in good works." (2 Tim 3:17 and 1 Tim 6:18)

Re: The belief of "Sinless Perfection" [Re: Mountain Man] #132801
04/20/11 08:32 AM
04/20/11 08:32 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Being in harmony with God, brings us to to the place were Job as an upright man, and Enoch who walked with God, were. So it is possible to overcome sin, but no one except Christ can say they are without sin. Thus we have to distigush from the imperfect person we were, and what through Christ we can become as the Holy Spirit transforms us.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/13/24 12:51 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!