HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,067
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Dina, 1 invisible), 1,925 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 25 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 24 25
Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Tom] #128638
11/05/10 06:54 AM
11/05/10 06:54 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: MM
I don't understand why you think GC 36-37 answers the following questions (please flesh it out for me, thank you):

Tom, what do you think constitutes "the act of punishment"?

What do you think is happening in GC 36-37? I believe what happens there is an act of punishment.

Quote:
And, is it the full result of sinning, that is, is it reaping what they have sown?

You mean in the context of DA 764? If so, no. GC 36,37 is dealing with the destruction of Jerusalem, not the destruction of the wicked.

Quote:
For example, when God withdrew His protection and sinners were burned alive what part of this sequence is "the act of punishment" - God withdrawing His protection or sinners being burned alive or something else?

Not sure what you're asking here. I believe the principles are explained in what I quoted from GC 35-37 however.

Quote:
PS - I am referring to the following passage: "To our merciful God the act of punishment is a strange act."

PPS - Do you think Satan will arbitrarily impose the seven last plagues on the wicked? Or, do you see the death and destruction portrayed by the plagues as the natural cause and effect consequence of the sins they have committed (like smoking causes cancer)?

Once again, I think the principles are clearly explained in GC 36-37. I asked you what you thought was happening there. If you answer that question, I think it will answer the questions you are asking me. At least, this is my perception. GC 35-37 explains how God destroys, in detail. It explains that there is no more decisive testimony to God's hatred of sin and the certainty of punishment than this (or words to this effect; not quoting the exact words here).

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Tom] #128645
11/05/10 02:39 PM
11/05/10 02:39 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Wakeup call to Tom! It is apparent to me that MM is using a different reality definition of the word "pardon". It looks like somehow he thinks you can be "pardoned" for things that aren't sin. Not sure if there may also be un-reality version of "wrong" not being "sin" or vice-versa.

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #128646
11/05/10 02:44 PM
11/05/10 02:44 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man

Yes, I agree. But he hadn’t sinned yet. The pardon God made conditional on repentance didn’t involve sin; instead, it involved pursuing a new course, one that did not involve doing the things named in the passage you quoted above.
You don't believe misrepresenting God's character is a sin?

Would you agree one of us isn't representing God's character correctly? But then do you suggest there is any need for either one of us to carefully consider which view is correct since it isn't a sin anyway?

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: kland] #128647
11/05/10 03:48 PM
11/05/10 03:48 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Quote:
To sin, wherever found, "our God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:29. In all who submit to His power the Spirit of God will consume sin. But if men cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then the glory of God, which destroys sin, must destroy them. Jacob, after his night of wrestling with the Angel, exclaimed, "I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." Genesis 32:30. Jacob had been guilty of a great sin in his conduct toward Esau; but he had repented. His transgression had been forgiven, and his sin purged; therefore he could endure the revelation of God's presence. But wherever men came before God while willfully cherishing evil, they were destroyed. At the second advent of Christ the wicked shall be consumed "with the Spirit of His mouth," and destroyed "with the brightness of His coming." 2 Thessalonians 2:8. The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked. {DA 107.4}

This is not an act of arbitrary power on the part of God. The rejecters of His mercy reap that which they have sown. God is the fountain of life; and when one chooses the service of sin, he separates from God, and thus cuts himself off from life. He is "alienated from the life of God." Christ says, "All they that hate Me love death." Ephesians 4:18; Proverbs 8:36. God gives them existence for a time that they may develop their character and reveal their principles. This accomplished, they receive the results of their own choice. By a life of rebellion, Satan and all who unite with him place themselves so out of harmony with God that His very presence is to them a consuming fire. The glory of Him who is love will destroy them. {DA 764.1}

At the beginning of the great controversy, the angels did not understand this. Had Satan and his host then been left to reap the full result of their sin, they would have perished; but it would not have been apparent to heavenly beings that this was the inevitable result of sin. A doubt of God's goodness would have remained in their minds as evil seed, to produce its deadly fruit of sin and woe. {DA 764.2}

Then shall they that obey not the gospel be consumed with the spirit of His mouth and be destroyed with the brightness of His coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:8. Like Israel of old the wicked destroy themselves; they fall by their iniquity. By a life of sin, they have placed themselves so out of harmony with God, their natures have become so debased with evil, that the manifestation of His glory is to them a consuming fire. {GC 37.1}

A life of rebellion against God has unfitted them for heaven. Its purity, holiness, and peace would be torture to them; the glory of God would be a consuming fire. They would long to flee from that holy place. They would welcome destruction, that they might be hidden from the face of Him who died to redeem them. The destiny of the wicked is fixed by their own choice. Their exclusion from heaven is voluntary with themselves, and just and merciful on the part of God. {GC 542.2}

God's judgments will be visited upon those who are seeking to oppress and destroy His people. His long forbearance with the wicked emboldens men in transgression, but their punishment is nonetheless certain and terrible because it is long delayed. "The Lord shall rise up as in Mount Perazim, He shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that He may do His work, His strange work; and bring to pass His act, His strange act." Isaiah 28:21. To our merciful God the act of punishment is a strange act. "As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked." Ezekiel 33:11. The Lord is "merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, . . . forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin." Yet He will "by no means clear the guilty." "The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked." Exodus 34:6, 7; Nahum 1:3. By terrible things in righteousness He will vindicate the authority of His downtrodden law. The severity of the retribution awaiting the transgressor may be judged by the Lord's reluctance to execute justice. The nation with which He bears long, and which He will not smite until it has filled up the measure of its iniquity in God's account, will finally drink the cup of wrath unmixed with mercy. {GC 627.2}

As soon as the books of record are opened, and the eye of Jesus looks upon the wicked, they are conscious of every sin which they have ever committed. They see just where their feet diverged from the path of purity and holiness, just how far pride and rebellion have carried them in the violation of the law of God. The seductive temptations which they encouraged by indulgence in sin, the blessings perverted, the messengers of God despised, the warnings rejected, the waves of mercy beaten back by the stubborn, unrepentant heart--all appear as if written in letters of fire. {GC 666.2}

Fire comes down from God out of heaven. The earth is broken up. The weapons concealed in its depths are drawn forth. Devouring flames burst from every yawning chasm. The very rocks are on fire. The day has come that shall burn as an oven. The elements melt with fervent heat, the earth also, and the works that are therein are burned up. Malachi 4:1; 2 Peter 3:10. The earth's surface seems one molten mass--a vast, seething lake of fire. It is the time of the judgment and perdition of ungodly men--"the day of the Lord's vengeance, and the year of recompenses for the controversy of Zion." Isaiah 34:8. {GC 672.2}

The wicked receive their recompense in the earth. Proverbs 11:31. They "shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts." Malachi 4:1. Some are destroyed as in a moment, while others suffer many days. All are punished "according to their deeds." The sins of the righteous having been transferred to Satan, he is made to suffer not only for his own rebellion, but for all the sins which he has caused God's people to commit. His punishment is to be far greater than that of those whom he has deceived. After all have perished who fell by his deceptions, he is still to live and suffer on. In the cleansing flames the wicked are at last destroyed, root and branch--Satan the root, his followers the branches. The full penalty of the law has been visited; the demands of justice have been met; and heaven and earth, beholding, declare the righteousness of Jehovah. {GC 673.1}

1. What is the full, inevitable result of sin?

2. How does God prevent sinners from experiencing the full, inevitable result of sin the instant they sin?

3. When will sinners experience the full, inevitable result of sin?

4. What is the “act of punishment”?

5. When sinners experience the “act of punishment” in this lifetime is it part of the full, inevitable result of sin?

6. When sinners suffer the cause and effect consequence of sin in this lifetime is it part of the full, inevitable result of sin?

7. When sinners suffer and die during the outpouring of the seven last plagues will it be a part of the full, inevitable result of sin?

8. When sinners revisit their sins during final judgment what will cause them to suffer and die?

9. When fire comes down from heaven what will cause sinners to suffer and die?

10. How will the “presence” of God cause sinners to suffer and die?

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Tom] #128648
11/05/10 04:18 PM
11/05/10 04:18 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
M: Why, then, didn’t Jesus offer to pardon A&E, whose sin was far less offensive than Lucifer’s?

T: He did.

M: Oops. I should have anticipated you not realizing I meant God offering to pardon A&E without requiring Jesus’ substitutionary death.

T: Well, you know the answer to this. This has been the argument I've been making for years, to argue against your idea. If, as you postulate, the death of Christ were necessary to enable *God* to pardon, then it would have been needed for God to have been able to pardon Lucifer. As you correctly point out, Satan's deeds were much worse than A&E's. So however necessary it was for God to pardon A&E (assuming it was necessary for God), it would have been much more so for Lucifer's case. But it wasn't. Why not? As I've quoted many, many times to you: “The life of Christ was not the price paid to the Father for our pardon; but that life was the price which the Father paid to so manifest his loving power as to bring us to that repentant attitude of mind where he could pardon us freely. (George Fifield; God is Love)

Offering pardon and actually granting pardon are two different aspects of pardon. Also, pardon can be offered and granted in cases not involving sin. God offered to pardon Lucifer before he sinned, but was unable to offer or grant pardon after he sinned.

Quote:
T: What are you disagreeing with? It doesn't appear to me that you responded to what I wrote. If you did, I'm not following your train of thought.

M: You wrote, “Lucifer sinned before God offered him pardon. Then God offered him pardon, and the opportunity to be restored, if he confessed his sin.” I disagree for the reasons expressed above.

T: You think God offered Lucifer pardon *before* he sinned? And offered him the opportunity to confess his sin *before* he sinned? How would this make sense?

Lucifer had not yet sinned.

Quote:
T: Disagree with what? I'll state things in numbered form:

1. God offered Lucifer pardon on the condition of repentance.
2. God gave Lucifer the opportunity to confess his sin before being banished from heaven.
3. Clearly, therefore, there was a need for Lucifer to repent and be pardoned.

What are you disagreeing with?

M: I disagree God offered him pardon after he sinned.

T: This doesn't appear to me to be either 1, 2, or 3. Do you agree with 1, 2, and 3?

I agree with 1 but not with 2 and 3. Lucifer had not yet sinned, therefore, his repentance would have involved changing his course and he would have been pardoned and reinstated. He would have also confessed that to pursue his course further would constitute a sin.

Quote:
T: See the first paragraph? Lucifer needed to stop doing this, to repent of it, to turn away from, to do a u-turn.

M: Yes, I agree. But he hadn’t sinned yet.

T: Of course he sinned. The things cited in the paragraph of are sins. For example: “Working with mysterious secrecy, and for a time concealing his real purpose under an appearance of reverence for God, he endeavored to excite dissatisfaction concerning the laws that governed heavenly beings, intimating that they imposed an unnecessary restraint.” This is not only sin, but premeditated and purposeful sin. Note how it says "concealing his real purpose under an appearance of reference for God." This makes clear there was intent behind what Lucifer was doing, and that he knew what he was doing, and knew it was wrong. Additional proof that this is sin is the fact that God offered to pardon him.

Yet additional proof is the following: “Before he was sentenced to banishment from Heaven, his course was with convincing clearness shown to be wrong, and he was granted an opportunity to confess his sin, and submit to God’s authority as just and righteous. But he chose to carry his points at all hazards. To sustain his charge of God’s injustice toward him, he resorted to misrepresentation, even of the words and acts of the Creator. {4SP 319.1}

I disagree. Lucifer did not sin until he deliberately chose to continue pursuing his course after he was convinced to do so would constitute a sin.

Quote:
T: See the first paragraph? Lucifer needed to stop doing this, to repent of it, to turn away from, to do a u-turn.

M: Yes, I agree. But he hadn’t sinned yet. The pardon God made conditional on repentance didn’t involve sin; instead, it involved pursuing a new course, one that did not involve doing the things named in the passage you quoted above.

T: If they weren't sin, he wouldn't have needed to stop doing them.

I disagree.

Quote:
M: Also, do you agree with me that it was Jesus who said, "I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh." "I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them." What I'm asking you is do you agree these are the very words he spoke? I'm not asking if you take them at face value.

T: You're asking if when God spoke the words He is recorded as speaking, if He spoke those words? Why are you asking this? Is there some alternative I should be made aware of?

M: Do you agree with me that these are the very words He spoke? Or, do you think someone misquoted Him?

T: Do I think God was misquoted? Are you serious? How would this work?

M: "I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh." "I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them." Do you agree with me that these are the very words Jesus spoke?

T: You're asking if when God spoke the words He is recorded as speaking, if He spoke those words? Why are you asking this? Is there some alternative I should be made aware of?

Do I have your permission to deduce, yes, you believe Jesus (not the Father) spoke these very words (the equivalent words in Hebrew)?

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #128649
11/05/10 04:42 PM
11/05/10 04:42 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
MM, I'd like to get back to a couple of points. First one: “Tom, after studying with you I changed my mind about the words "sin" and "pardon" as used by the SOP in the context of Lucifer's rebellion in heaven. I can thank you for that. However, it sounds like you are unaware I changed my mind.”

Nothing you have been writing in the recent posts indicates you've changes your mind in any way. You're writing the same things you did before you were aware of the aforementioned statements from the SOP. They don't seem to have had the least impact on your thinking in any way, as far as I can tell. Would you please explain how you changed your mind?

I changed my mind when I realized “no provision” existed to pardon angels after they “transgressed the law”. They knew God too well to recover after deliberately sinning. Then I realized repentance and pardon does not have to involve sin in order to happen. And, then I realized Lucifer was eventually convinced it would constitute a sin to pursue his course further and was given one last opportunity to change his course.

Second one: “Back to your perception of God. What do you perceive this to mean?: 13:13 Then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, even the kings that sit upon David's throne, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, with drunkenness. 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them."

For example, here it says that God will fill all the inhabitants of the land with drunkenness. What do you think this means?

I addressed this in 128585:

Quote:
Yes, Jesus also said, "I will fill all the inhabitants of this land . . . with drunkenness." Obviously Jesus isn't going to fill everyone with alcohol and cause them to be drunk. Thus, we are forced to treat it as a symbol. "The language of the Bible should be explained according to its obvious meaning, unless a symbol or figure is employed." Elsewhere, regarding drunkenness, we read:

Ezekiel
23:32 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou shalt drink of thy sister's cup deep and large: thou shalt be laughed to scorn and had in derision; it containeth much.
23:33 Thou shalt be filled with drunkenness and sorrow, with the cup of astonishment and desolation, with the cup of thy sister Samaria.
23:34 Thou shalt even drink it and suck [it] out, and thou shalt break the sherds thereof, and pluck off thine own breasts: for I have spoken [it], saith the Lord GOD.

Are there times when Jesus mixed literal and metaphoric language in the same passage? If so, is it reasonable to take certain parts of a single passage literally while taking other parts of it symbolically?

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #128650
11/05/10 04:52 PM
11/05/10 04:52 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: For example, when God withdrew His protection and sinners were burned alive what part of this sequence is "the act of punishment" - God withdrawing His protection or sinners being burned alive or something else?

T: Not sure what you're asking here. I believe the principles are explained in what I quoted from GC 35-37 however.

I have no idea why you believe this passage addresses my question. Please spell it out in plain detail. Thank you.

Quote:
M: Do you think Satan will arbitrarily impose the seven last plagues on the wicked? Or, do you see the death and destruction portrayed by the plagues as the natural cause and effect consequence of the sins they have committed (like smoking causes cancer)?

T: Once again, I think the principles are clearly explained in GC 36-37. I asked you what you thought was happening there. If you answer that question, I think it will answer the questions you are asking me. At least, this is my perception. GC 35-37 explains how God destroys, in detail. It explains that there is no more decisive testimony to God's hatred of sin and the certainty of punishment than this (or words to this effect; not quoting the exact words here).

In the passage you are referring to Ellen describes God withdrawing His protection and permitting the Roman army to kill the Jews and to demolish Jerusalem. I do not understand why you believe this scenario addresses my question. Please spell it out in plain detail. Thank you.

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #128651
11/05/10 04:53 PM
11/05/10 04:53 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Kland, I do not feel impressed to respond to your posts.

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #128652
11/05/10 05:11 PM
11/05/10 05:11 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
1. What is the full, inevitable result of sin?

Death.

Quote:
2. How does God prevent sinners from experiencing the full, inevitable result of sin the instant they sin?

Allows them to live, so they can make a choice as to whether they want sin (which leads to death) or righteousness (which leads to life).

Quote:
3. When will sinners experience the full, inevitable result of sin?

At the judgment.

Quote:
4. What is the “act of punishment”?

In what context? In general, it's what GC 35-37 explains.

Quote:
5. When sinners experience the “act of punishment” in this lifetime is it part of the full, inevitable result of sin?

I'm hesitant to say no, because I'm not sure how to interpret "part," but in general, no, the full, inevitable result of sin is death, which is the second death, which takes place in the judgment. But one can (and does) experience a taste of it here.

Quote:
6. When sinners suffer the cause and effect consequence of sin in this lifetime is it part of the full, inevitable result of sin?

Same answer as 5.

Quote:
7. When sinners suffer and die during the outpouring of the seven last plagues will it be a part of the full, inevitable result of sin?

Same answer as 5.

Quote:
8. When sinners revisit their sins during final judgment what will cause them to suffer and die?

Sin. See DA 764.

Quote:
9. When fire comes down from heaven what will cause sinners to suffer and die?

Fire = the glory of God which is love. Sin causes their death. See DA 764. They separate from God, the only source of life, and die.

Quote:
10. How will the “presence” of God cause sinners to suffer and die?

They choose to separate themselves from God and die.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Tom] #128653
11/05/10 06:46 PM
11/05/10 06:46 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Offering pardon and actually granting pardon are two different aspects of pardon.

This isn't relevant to the point.

Quote:
Also, pardon can be offered and granted in cases not involving sin.

No, it can't. Pardon and forgiveness, in the context of our discussion, always involves sin. The whole issue involves transgression of the law, which is sin, which is what necessitates pardon.

Quote:
God offered to pardon Lucifer before he sinned, but was unable to offer or grant pardon after he sinned.

No, impossible. Makes no sense at all.

Here's what we have in GC:

1.A description of the things Lucifer did, things which are easily seen to be sin. (Just ask anybody. Itemize the list, and ask any person if the things described are sin. You'll get 100 out of 100 people saying yes).

2.The statement that Lucifer was offered pardon, not just once, but over and over again.

It makes not sense that God kept offering Lucifer pardon over and over again, before Lucifer sinned and didn't need it, and then, the moment Lucifer did sin, and actually did need pardon, God stopped. I have no idea how you can see any logic at all in this. This is obviously an unreasonable idea. Seriously, ask some neutral person about it, and see what response you get.

God offered Lucifer the opportunity to "confess his sin." If Lucifer hadn't sin, how could he confess his sin?

Quote:
T: Disagree with what? I'll state things in numbered form:

1. God offered Lucifer pardon on the condition of repentance.
2. God gave Lucifer the opportunity to confess his sin before being banished from heaven.
3. Clearly, therefore, there was a need for Lucifer to repent and be pardoned.

What are you disagreeing with?

M: I disagree God offered him pardon after he sinned.

T: This doesn't appear to me to be either 1, 2, or 3. Do you agree with 1, 2, and 3?

I agree with 1 but not with 2 and 3. Lucifer had not yet sinned, therefore, his repentance would have involved changing his course and he would have been pardoned and reinstated. He would have also confessed that to pursue his course further would constitute a sin.

I quoted the following:

Quote:
Before he was sentenced to banishment from Heaven, his course was with convincing clearness shown to be wrong, and he was granted an opportunity to confess his sin, and submit to God’s authority as just and righteous.

Why do you disagree with this?

Quote:
Yet additional proof is the following: “Before he was sentenced to banishment from Heaven, his course was with convincing clearness shown to be wrong, and he was granted an opportunity to confess his sin, and submit to God’s authority as just and righteous. But he chose to carry his points at all hazards. To sustain his charge of God’s injustice toward him, he resorted to misrepresentation, even of the words and acts of the Creator. {4SP 319.1}

I disagree. Lucifer did not sin until he deliberately chose to continue pursuing his course after he was convinced to do so would constitute a sin.

If he hadn't sinned, there would be no sin for him to confess, as well as no need to repent or be pardoned.

Quote:
M: Also, do you agree with me that it was Jesus who said, "I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh." "I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them." What I'm asking you is do you agree these are the very words he spoke? I'm not asking if you take them at face value.

M: Do you agree with me that these are the very words He spoke? Or, do you think someone misquoted Him?

T: Do I think God was misquoted? Are you serious? How would this work?

M: "I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh." "I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them." Do you agree with me that these are the very words Jesus spoke?

M:Do I have your permission to deduce, yes, you believe Jesus (not the Father) spoke these very words (the equivalent words in Hebrew)?

Quote:
20Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:

21She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,

22How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

23Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

24Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

25But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

26I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

27When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

28Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

29For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

30They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

31Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

This is the text your're talking about? Especially vs. 26: " 26I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;"

I wouldn't feel comfortable saying this was Jesus and not the Father speaking. I would say that the Holy Spirit inspired Solomon to write the words that he did.

Please notice the last two verses, as it states explicitly what I've been saying the verse in question (vs. 26) means:

Quote:
30They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

31Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

Page 16 of 25 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 24 25

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/18/24 11:18 AM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!