HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,066
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Dina, dedication, 1 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 25 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 24 25
Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #128610
11/03/10 05:18 PM
11/03/10 05:18 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, what do you think constitutes "the act of punishment"? And, is it the full result of sinning, that is, is it reaping what they have sown? For example, when God withdrew His protection and sinners were burned alive what part of this sequence is "the act of punishment" - God withdrawing His protection or sinners being burned alive or something else?

PS - I am referring to the following passage: "To our merciful God the act of punishment is a strange act."

PPS - Do you think Satan will arbitrarily impose the seven last plagues on the wicked? Or, do you see the death and destruction portrayed by the plagues as the natural cause and effect consequence of the sins they have committed (like smoking causes cancer)?

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #128611
11/03/10 05:50 PM
11/03/10 05:50 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Do you think Satan will arbitrarily impose the seven last plagues on the wicked?

Why is it necessary to include "arbitrarily" in your question? In what way would it change what you want to know if it was left out?

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #128614
11/03/10 07:26 PM
11/03/10 07:26 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Tom, I did not say Lucifer sinned before He chose to pursue his course in open rebellion.

Lucifer sinned before God offered him pardon. Then God offered him pardon, and the opportunity to be restored, if he confessed his sin. Satan refused the offer of pardon, and chose to continue on, knowing that he was wrong, and at this point there was nothing more that God could do for him, because he had hardened his own heart and fixed (i.e. settled) his character, so that it could not change, just as in the EGW quote I cited a little while ago speaking of the importance of forming right habits.

As long as Lucifer's character was such that he was not settled in rebellion, and was able to change, God was ready and able and willing to pardon him (why wouldn't He be? That's how God is, merciful and compassionate).

Quote:
Therefore, there was no need for him to repent of sinning to be pardoned and reinstated.

God offered him pardon, and the opportunity to confess his sin. So clearly there was a need for him to repent, to be pardoned, and reinstated.

Quote:
His repentance would have involved him changing his course, making a u-turn.

Repentance involves u-turn. God offered Lucifer pardon on the condition of u-turn (repentance), which is only logical, as how could Lucifer be reconciled if he continued in rebellion?

Quote:
Also, do you agree with me that it was Jesus who said, "I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh." "I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them." What I'm asking you is do you agree these are the very words he spoke? I'm not asking if you take them at face value.

You're asking if when God spoke the words He is recorded as speaking, if He spoke those words? Why are you asking this? Is there some alternative I should be made aware of?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Tom] #128615
11/03/10 07:57 PM
11/03/10 07:57 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Tom, what do you think constitutes "the act of punishment"? And, is it the full result of sinning, that is, is it reaping what they have sown? For example, when God withdrew His protection and sinners were burned alive what part of this sequence is "the act of punishment" - God withdrawing His protection or sinners being burned alive or something else?

PS - I am referring to the following passage: "To our merciful God the act of punishment is a strange act."

PPS - Do you think Satan will arbitrarily impose the seven last plagues on the wicked? Or, do you see the death and destruction portrayed by the plagues as the natural cause and effect consequence of the sins they have committed (like smoking causes cancer)?

I think the answers to your questions can be found in considering what happened in the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70. The "act of punishment" is described here:

Quote:
The Jews had forged their own fetters; they had filled for themselves the cup of vengeance. In the utter destruction that befell them as a nation, and in all the woes that followed them in their dispersion, they were but reaping the harvest which their own hands had sown. Says the prophet: "O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself;" "for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity." Hosea 13:9; 14:1. Their sufferings are often represented as a punishment visited upon them by the direct decree of God. It is thus that the great deceiver seeks to conceal his own work. By stubborn rejection of divine love and mercy, the Jews had caused the protection of God to be withdrawn from them, and Satan was permitted to rule them according to his will. The horrible cruelties enacted in the destruction of Jerusalem are a demonstration of Satan's vindictive power over those who yield to his control.(GC 35)

as well as here:

Quote:
God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression; but He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown.... The Spirit of God, persistently resisted, is at last withdrawn from the sinner, and then there is left no power to control the evil passions of the soul, and no protection from the malice and enmity of Satan. The destruction of Jerusalem is a fearful and solemn warning to all who are trifling with the offers of divine grace and resisting the pleadings of divine mercy. Never was there given a more decisive testimony to God's hatred of sin and to the certain punishment that will fall upon the guilty. (GC 36)

In regards to this question:

Quote:
Do you think Satan will arbitrarily impose the seven last plagues on the wicked? Or, do you see the death and destruction portrayed by the plagues as the natural cause and effect consequence of the sins they have committed (like smoking causes cancer)?

What do you see happening in the fall of Jerusalem? Do you see one of the things you are asking about happening? If so, which?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Tom] #128622
11/04/10 03:31 PM
11/04/10 03:31 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
M: Tom, I did not say Lucifer sinned before He chose to pursue his course in open rebellion.

T: Lucifer sinned before God offered him pardon. Then God offered him pardon, and the opportunity to be restored, if he confessed his sin. Satan refused the offer of pardon, and chose to continue on, knowing that he was wrong, and at this point there was nothing more that God could do for him, because he had hardened his own heart and fixed (i.e. settled) his character, so that it could not change, just as in the EGW quote I cited a little while ago speaking of the importance of forming right habits. As long as Lucifer's character was such that he was not settled in rebellion, and was able to change, God was ready and able and willing to pardon him (why wouldn't He be? That's how God is, merciful and compassionate).

Why, then, didn’t Jesus offer to pardon A&E, whose sin was far less offensive than Lucifer’s? By the way, I disagree with your interpretation of the SOP insights regarding Lucifer. Ellen wrote “no provision had been made to save those [angels] who should venture to transgress his law.” {1SP 22.3} Why? Because they knew God too well to deliberately sin and recover from it. “For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” There is nothing more God can do to recommend His love. They are unpardonable.

Quote:
M: Therefore, there was no need for him to repent of sinning to be pardoned and reinstated.

T: God offered him pardon, and the opportunity to confess his sin. So clearly there was a need for him to repent, to be pardoned, and reinstated.

I disagree. See quotes and comments above.

Quote:
M: His repentance would have involved him changing his course, making a u-turn.

T: Repentance involves u-turn. God offered Lucifer pardon on the condition of u-turn (repentance), which is only logical, as how could Lucifer be reconciled if he continued in rebellion?

He hadn’t rebelled yet. He wasn’t guilty of rebelling until he made the decision to pursue his course after being convinced to do so would constitute sin and rebellion.

Quote:
M: Also, do you agree with me that it was Jesus who said, "I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh." "I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them." What I'm asking you is do you agree these are the very words he spoke? I'm not asking if you take them at face value.

T: You're asking if when God spoke the words He is recorded as speaking, if He spoke those words? Why are you asking this? Is there some alternative I should be made aware of?

Do you agree with me that these are the very words He spoke? Or, do you think someone misquoted Him?

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #128624
11/04/10 06:36 PM
11/04/10 06:36 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: MM
Why, then, didn’t Jesus offer to pardon A&E, whose sin was far less offensive than Lucifer’s?

He did.

Quote:
By the way, I disagree with your interpretation of the SOP insights regarding Lucifer. Ellen wrote “no provision had been made to save those [angels] who should venture to transgress his law.” {1SP 22.3} Why? Because they knew God too well to deliberately sin and recover from it. “For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” There is nothing more God can do to recommend His love. They are unpardonable.

What are you disagreeing with? It doesn't appear to me that you responded to what I wrote. If you did, I'm not following your train of thought.

Quote:
M: Therefore, there was no need for him to repent of sinning to be pardoned and reinstated.

T: God offered him pardon, and the opportunity to confess his sin. So clearly there was a need for him to repent, to be pardoned, and reinstated.

M:I disagree. See quotes and comments above.

Disagree with what? I'll state things in numbered form:

1.God offered Lucifer pardon on the condition of repentance.
2.God gave Lucifer the opportunity to confess his sin before being banished from heaven.
3.Clearly, therefore, there was a need for Lucifer to repent and be pardoned.

What are you disagreeing with?

Quote:

T: Repentance involves u-turn. God offered Lucifer pardon on the condition of u-turn (repentance), which is only logical, as how could Lucifer be reconciled if he continued in rebellion?

M:He hadn’t rebelled yet. He wasn’t guilty of rebelling until he made the decision to pursue his course after being convinced to do so would constitute sin and rebellion.

Ok, call it something else. He was doing something which was sin, for which he needed to repent and confess, and needed to stop and turn around. For example:

Quote:
Leaving his place in the immediate presence of God, Lucifer went forth to diffuse the spirit of discontent among the angels. Working with mysterious secrecy, and for a time concealing his real purpose under an appearance of reverence for God, he endeavored to excite dissatisfaction concerning the laws that governed heavenly beings, intimating that they imposed an unnecessary restraint. Since their natures were holy, he urged that the angels should obey the dictates of their own will. He sought to create sympathy for himself by representing that God had dealt unjustly with him in bestowing supreme honor upon Christ. He claimed that in aspiring to greater power and honor he was not aiming at self-exaltation, but was seeking to secure liberty for all the inhabitants of heaven, that by this means they might attain to a higher state of existence.

God in His great mercy bore long with Lucifer. He was not immediately degraded from his exalted station when he first indulged the spirit of discontent, nor even when he began to present his false claims before the loyal angels. Long was he retained in heaven. Again and again he was offered pardon on condition of repentance and submission.(GC 495)

See the first paragraph? Lucifer needed to stop doing this, to repent of it, to turn away from, to do a u-turn.

Quote:
M: Also, do you agree with me that it was Jesus who said, "I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh." "I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them." What I'm asking you is do you agree these are the very words he spoke? I'm not asking if you take them at face value.

T: You're asking if when God spoke the words He is recorded as speaking, if He spoke those words? Why are you asking this? Is there some alternative I should be made aware of?

M:Do you agree with me that these are the very words He spoke? Or, do you think someone misquoted Him?

Do I think God was misquoted? Are you serious? How would this work?

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Tom] #128631
11/05/10 03:27 AM
11/05/10 03:27 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: Why, then, didn’t Jesus offer to pardon A&E, whose sin was far less offensive than Lucifer’s?

T: He did.

Oops. I should have anticipated you not realizing I meant God offering to pardon A&E without requiring Jesus’ substitutionary death. That is, you believe God would have pardoned Lucifer’s sins without also requiring the substitutionary death of Jesus. With this in mind, why didn’t Jesus offer to pardon A&E without also requiring the substitutionary death of Jesus?

Quote:
M: By the way, I disagree with your interpretation of the SOP insights regarding Lucifer. Ellen wrote “no provision had been made to save those [angels] who should venture to transgress his law.” {1SP 22.3} Why? Because they knew God too well to deliberately sin and recover from it. “For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” There is nothing more God can do to recommend His love. They are unpardonable.

T: What are you disagreeing with? It doesn't appear to me that you responded to what I wrote. If you did, I'm not following your train of thought.

You wrote, “Lucifer sinned before God offered him pardon. Then God offered him pardon, and the opportunity to be restored, if he confessed his sin.” I disagree for the reasons expressed above.

Quote:

M: I disagree. See quotes and comments above.

T: Disagree with what? I'll state things in numbered form: 1. God offered Lucifer pardon on the condition of repentance. 2. God gave Lucifer the opportunity to confess his sin before being banished from heaven. 3. Clearly, therefore, there was a need for Lucifer to repent and be pardoned. What are you disagreeing with?

I disagree God offered him pardon after he sinned.

Quote:

M: He hadn’t rebelled yet. He wasn’t guilty of rebelling until he made the decision to pursue his course after being convinced to do so would constitute sin and rebellion.

T: Ok, call it something else. He was doing something which was sin, for which he needed to repent and confess, and needed to stop and turn around. For example:

Quote:
Leaving his place in the immediate presence of God, Lucifer went forth to diffuse the spirit of discontent among the angels. Working with mysterious secrecy, and for a time concealing his real purpose under an appearance of reverence for God, he endeavored to excite dissatisfaction concerning the laws that governed heavenly beings, intimating that they imposed an unnecessary restraint. Since their natures were holy, he urged that the angels should obey the dictates of their own will. He sought to create sympathy for himself by representing that God had dealt unjustly with him in bestowing supreme honor upon Christ. He claimed that in aspiring to greater power and honor he was not aiming at self-exaltation, but was seeking to secure liberty for all the inhabitants of heaven, that by this means they might attain to a higher state of existence.

God in His great mercy bore long with Lucifer. He was not immediately degraded from his exalted station when he first indulged the spirit of discontent, nor even when he began to present his false claims before the loyal angels. Long was he retained in heaven. Again and again he was offered pardon on condition of repentance and submission.(GC 495)

See the first paragraph? Lucifer needed to stop doing this, to repent of it, to turn away from, to do a u-turn.

Yes, I agree. But he hadn’t sinned yet. The pardon God made conditional on repentance didn’t involve sin; instead, it involved pursuing a new course, one that did not involve doing the things named in the passage you quoted above.

Quote:

M: Do you agree with me that these are the very words He spoke? Or, do you think someone misquoted Him?

T: Do I think God was misquoted? Are you serious? How would this work?

"I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh." "I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them." Do you agree with me that these are the very words Jesus spoke?

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Tom] #128634
11/05/10 03:36 AM
11/05/10 03:36 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Quote:

I think the answers to your questions can be found in considering what happened in the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70. The "act of punishment" is described here:

Quote:
The Jews had forged their own fetters; they had filled for themselves the cup of vengeance. In the utter destruction that befell them as a nation, and in all the woes that followed them in their dispersion, they were but reaping the harvest which their own hands had sown. Says the prophet: "O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself;" "for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity." Hosea 13:9; 14:1. Their sufferings are often represented as a punishment visited upon them by the direct decree of God. It is thus that the great deceiver seeks to conceal his own work. By stubborn rejection of divine love and mercy, the Jews had caused the protection of God to be withdrawn from them, and Satan was permitted to rule them according to his will. The horrible cruelties enacted in the destruction of Jerusalem are a demonstration of Satan's vindictive power over those who yield to his control.(GC 35)

as well as here:

Quote:
God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression; but He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown.... The Spirit of God, persistently resisted, is at last withdrawn from the sinner, and then there is left no power to control the evil passions of the soul, and no protection from the malice and enmity of Satan. The destruction of Jerusalem is a fearful and solemn warning to all who are trifling with the offers of divine grace and resisting the pleadings of divine mercy. Never was there given a more decisive testimony to God's hatred of sin and to the certain punishment that will fall upon the guilty. (GC 36)

In regards to this question:

Quote:
Do you think Satan will arbitrarily impose the seven last plagues on the wicked? Or, do you see the death and destruction portrayed by the plagues as the natural cause and effect consequence of the sins they have committed (like smoking causes cancer)?

What do you see happening in the fall of Jerusalem? Do you see one of the things you are asking about happening? If so, which?

I don't understand why you think GC 36-37 answers the following questions (please flesh it out for me, thank you):

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #128636
11/05/10 06:45 AM
11/05/10 06:45 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
M: Why, then, didn’t Jesus offer to pardon A&E, whose sin was far less offensive than Lucifer’s?

T: He did.

M:Oops. I should have anticipated you not realizing I meant God offering to pardon A&E without requiring Jesus’ substitutionary death.

Well, you know the answer to this. This has been the argument I've been making for years, to argue against your idea.

If, as you postulate, the death of Christ were necessary to enable *God* to pardon, then it would have been needed for God to have been able to pardon Lucifer. As you correctly point out, Satan's deeds were much worse than A&E's. So however necessary it was for God to pardon A&E (assuming it was necessary for God), it would have been much more so for Lucifer's case. But it wasn't. Why not?

As I've quoted many, many times to you:

Quote:
The life of Christ was not the price paid to the Father for our pardon; but that life was the price which the Father paid to so manifest his loving power as to bring us to that repentant attitude of mind where he could pardon us freely.(George Fifield; God is Love)

Quote:
T: What are you disagreeing with? It doesn't appear to me that you responded to what I wrote. If you did, I'm not following your train of thought.

M:You wrote, “Lucifer sinned before God offered him pardon. Then God offered him pardon, and the opportunity to be restored, if he confessed his sin.” I disagree for the reasons expressed above.

You think God offered Lucifer pardon *before* he sinned? And offered him the opportunity to confess his sin *before* he sinned? How would this make sense?

Quote:
T: Disagree with what? I'll state things in numbered form:

1. God offered Lucifer pardon on the condition of repentance.
2. God gave Lucifer the opportunity to confess his sin before being banished from heaven.
3. Clearly, therefore, there was a need for Lucifer to repent and be pardoned.

What are you disagreeing with?

M:I disagree God offered him pardon after he sinned.

This doesn't appear to me to be either 1, 2, or 3. Do you agree with 1, 2, and 3?

Originally Posted By: MM
T:See the first paragraph? Lucifer needed to stop doing this, to repent of it, to turn away from, to do a u-turn.

M:Yes, I agree. But he hadn’t sinned yet.

Of course he sinned. The things cited in the paragraph of are sins. For example:

Quote:
Working with mysterious secrecy, and for a time concealing his real purpose under an appearance of reverence for God, he endeavored to excite dissatisfaction concerning the laws that governed heavenly beings, intimating that they imposed an unnecessary restraint.

This is not only sin, but premeditated and purposeful sin. Note how it says "concealing his real purpose under an appearance of reference for God." This makes clear there was intent behind what Lucifer was doing, and that he knew what he was doing, and knew it was wrong.

Additional proof that this is sin is the fact that God offered to pardon him.

Yet additional proof is the following:

Quote:
Before he was sentenced to banishment from Heaven, his course was with convincing clearness shown to be wrong, and he was granted an opportunity to confess his sin, and submit to God’s authority as just and righteous. But he chose to carry his points at all hazards. To sustain his charge of God’s injustice toward him, he resorted to misrepresentation, even of the words and acts of the Creator. {4SP 319.1}

Quote:
T:See the first paragraph? Lucifer needed to stop doing this, to repent of it, to turn away from, to do a u-turn.

M:Yes, I agree. But he hadn’t sinned yet. The pardon God made conditional on repentance didn’t involve sin; instead, it involved pursuing a new course, one that did not involve doing the things named in the passage you quoted above.

If they weren't sin, he wouldn't have needed to stop doing them.

Quote:

M: Do you agree with me that these are the very words He spoke? Or, do you think someone misquoted Him?

T: Do I think God was misquoted? Are you serious? How would this work?

M:"I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh." "I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them." Do you agree with me that these are the very words Jesus spoke?

You're asking if when God spoke the words He is recorded as speaking, if He spoke those words? Why are you asking this? Is there some alternative I should be made aware of?

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #128637
11/05/10 06:49 AM
11/05/10 06:49 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM,I'd like to get back to a couple of points. First one:

Quote:
MM:Tom, after studying with you I changed my mind about the words "sin" and "pardon" as used by the SOP in the context of Lucifer's rebellion in heaven. I can thank you for that. However, it sounds like you are unaware I changed my mind.

T:Yes, I wasn't aware of this. To the best of my knowledge, you never said this before, nor have you altered your previous opinion in any way. That is, you argued that Lucifer had not sinned when God offered him pardon, and that when God offered Lucifer pardon, it wasn't for sin. I have been thinking this is still what you think, and you didn't change your mind, despite statements that God offered to pardon Lucifer, and gave him the opportunity to confess his sin.

Nothing you have been writing in the recent posts indicates you've changes your mind in any way. You're writing the same things you did before you were aware of the aforementioned statements from the SOP. They don't seem to have had the least impact on your thinking in any way, as far as I can tell.

Would you please explain how you changed your mind?

Second one:

Quote:
Back to your perception of God. What do you perceive this to mean?:

"13:13 Then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, even the kings that sit upon David's throne, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, with drunkenness.
13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them."

For example, here it says that God will fill all the inhabitants of the land with drunkenness. What do you think this means?

Page 15 of 25 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 24 25

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/13/24 12:51 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!