HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,995
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 28
Rick H 18
Daryl 4
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, 1 invisible), 1,506 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 25 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25
Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: asygo] #129652
12/15/10 08:33 PM
12/15/10 08:33 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T:I don't think this is correct. That is, LK is not disagreeing with what Jones said. Also, Gregory is not disagreeing with what Jones said either. Gregory was dealing with a different issue.

Gregory was dealing with the question of whether or not Christ had a human mind. Nobody in our present discussion is taking the point of view that Christ did not have a human mind, so this is a moot point, as far as our discussion is concerned.

a:So you are contending that LK, just a couple of years ago, was preaching against the idea that Jesus did not have a human mind?

T:LK was arguing against the idea that Christ did not assume a fallen human nature.

a:That's right. And for him, human nature includes the part from the neck up.

Of course. How could you have a human being without a head? What we're really interested in is what people mean.

Quote:
For you and Jones, the human nature that Jesus took did NOT include the part from the neck up. LK disagrees with you. I know because I talked to him directly about it.

This is all very vague.

I've not seen any evidence that LK, or any of the others of their ilk, disagreed with Jones and Waggoner in regards to Christ's human nature. If you could quote something to support this idea, that would be helpful. I read the article you cited, and didn't see evidence in that article that he was disagreeing with Jones' point. If one were to quote the following to LK:

Quote:
He was made in the likeness of sinful flesh. Don’t go too far. He was made in the likeness of sinful flesh; not in the likeness of sinful mind. Do not drag His mind into it. His flesh was our flesh; but the mind was "the mind of Christ Jesus." . . . In Jesus Christ the mind of God is brought back once more to the sons of men; and Satan is conquered.

and asked if if he agreed, I'd be very surprised if he didn't.

Quote:
T:The point I made is I doubt he was disagreeing with what Jones wrote. You can ask him to be sure.

A:I did. You are just guessing at what LK thinks.

I read the article you cited, as well as other articles the LGTers have written.

Quote:
I actually talked to him about it. And I did ask him whether or not he disagreed with Jones. You know, it only takes two keystrokes to type No. But he did not. He has not yet answered my query. The evidence simply does not support what you are postulating.

I've spoken to other LGTers. I'm familiar with their theology. I don't know of their having any disagreement with what Jones and Waggoner wrote in regards to this topic. Your assertion that the evidence does not support what I'm postulating seems to be based on the fact that LK didn't respond to your query. That's not very good evidence. Good evidence would be something written which states there is a disagreement, and what the disagreement is.

Quote:
a:The error in LGT runs very deep.

T:I think their emphasis on behavior, as opposed to God's character, is off-base. I haven't read things they have written in regards to the human nature which Christ took which would lead me to believe they disagreed with Jones & Waggoner in regards to Christ's assumed human nature.

a:There's a simple explanation for that. Whenever you see something that disagrees with your idea of J&W, you simply blur your eyes and say, "They didn't really mean that. What they really meant was [fill in with something that suits your ideas]."

Just look at this particular point that we're discussing. LK said Jesus was the same as fallen man from the neck up. "He was talking about Jesus having a human mind. He was talking about Jesus not being omniscient." You would propose that he was talking about all sorts of things, other than what he actually said.

I read the article. What I said was based on what I read in the article. I didn't see anything in the article that supports what you're saying. I did see things supporting what I was saying, in regards to Christ's not being omniscient. I would be happy to quote that for you if you wish, but I assume you've read this, since you were the one who referred the article to me.

If you see something in the article which supports your point of view, that LK is not agreeing with J&W, assuming that's your point, please quote that section of the article, and we can discuss that.

Quote:
But when I asked him point blank, he did not give the concise reply that would have sufficed if he was really talking about what you claim he was.

What exactly did you ask him? What specifically did he say?

Quote:
Tom, it is time for you to concede the point. You told Rosangela that nobody is claiming that Jesus had a sinful mind. There's a whole group of them.

And not only do they say that Jesus had a sinful mind.

I've not seen this. If you can quote something that they wrote which says that Jesus had a sinful mind, or that Jones was wrong in saying what he said (which I quoted above), I would be happy to concede the point. I haven't seen any evidence that what you're asserting is the case yet, however.

Quote:
They also say that Jesus had inner selfish desires.

Would you cite something please? How we word things is very important. I'd like to see what was actually said.

Quote:
The only difference, they say, is that Jesus never succumbed to those desires. And they will tell you that if it turns out that Jesus did not have the same selfishness that they wrestle with, they will give up Christianity because He cannot be their example in all things.

This sounds similar to what Jones said.

Quote:
Let me tie that in to RBF. These poor souls do not walk by faith. It is not good enough for them that Jesus said, "Be holy for I am holy." God's word is not sufficient for them. They cannot have faith in God unless they first see a physical demonstration. They say that they cannot, they will not be holy unless Jesus first shows them that He can be holy with the same disadvantages that they have. They do not, will not take that leap of faith. It is righteousness by emulation.

Righteousness by faith is a completely different concept. We are to walk by faith, not by sight. We believe, not because we have seen, but because God has said. Like Jesus during the wilderness temptations, we trust God's word over what our senses tell us.

Jesus assumed a human nature that requires us to lay hold of Him by faith, rather than having our foundation in what we can see.

Anything we "see" that Christ did can only be seen by faith. This whole point seems moot. We don't have a video of Him or anything like that.

At any rate, to further discuss this, I think we need to see actual quotations. There are two possible issues that I could see where I might disagree with them. One is how things are worded (I definitely saw this in the first LK article I read, the one you referred me to; I thought the second one was more clearly written, one which I found on my own, and referenced). The other is regarding what was actually meant.

To this point, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were wording issues I would take exception to, but I haven't seen meaning issues, insofar as Christ's assumed human nature is concerned. I haven't seen evidence, for example, that they disagree with Jones and Waggoner taught, and, indeed, something you mentioned above I remarked sounded similar to what Jones said. I'd be very interested if you could produce something they've written in regards to Christ's assumed human nature that differs from what Jones and Waggoner taught.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: asygo] #129653
12/15/10 09:55 PM
12/15/10 09:55 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Thomas
As I was recently made aware of, do you know what season Israel has between the early rains and the late rains?

The rainy season!

The early rain was in the spring, and the latter rain was in the fall. There was 3 1/2 months of drought in between. These 3 1/2 months of drought became 3 1/2 year in the time of Elijah, which was 360 + 360 + 360 + 180 = 1260 days. These 1260 days became 1260 prophetic years in Revelation, representing a drought of the word of God.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: Tom] #129654
12/15/10 10:58 PM
12/15/10 10:58 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Tom,

The two rains are mentioned in 4 verses in the bible;

Deuteronomy 11:13-15 (New International Version, ©2010)

13 So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today—to love the LORD your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul— 14 then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and olive oil. 15 I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied.

Jeremiah 5:23-25 (New International Version, ©2010)

24 They do not say to themselves,
‘Let us fear the LORD our God,
who gives autumn and spring rains in season,
who assures us of the regular weeks of harvest.’

Joel 2:22-24 (New International Version, ©2010)

23 Be glad, people of Zion,
rejoice in the LORD your God,
for he has given you the autumn rains
because he is faithful.
He sends you abundant showers,
both autumn and spring rains, as before.

James 5:6-8 (New International Version, ©2010)

7 Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. 8 You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.

You may here notice that the autumn rain is always mentioned first with the spring rains following it.

This is further confirmed by looking at the concordance at blueletterbible.com which says the following about the word for early rain in Deuteronomy 11:14

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H3138&t=KJV

Transliteration
yowreh

1) early rain, autumn shower
a) rain which falls in Palestine from late October until early December

And consequently

Transliteration
malqowsh

1) latter rain, spring rain
a) the March and April rains which mature the crops of Palestine

To conclude, a graph of the weather pattern over Israel during the year:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Israel#Climate_charts_of_different_locations_in_Israel

Therefore what I learned stands confirmed. Between the early and the late rains is the rainy season.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: vastergotland] #129656
12/16/10 12:34 AM
12/16/10 12:34 AM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
This goes through the time line:

* Early Spring Rain (First Rain). The coming of Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
* Ploughing. When God resurrected Jesus and the first fruits, He literally ploughed the earth, or dug up the earth. For three and a half years Jesus and the disciples ploughed the field in Israel to get them ready for the planting of the seed (His death) and the coming of the Holy Spirit with power.
* Seed Planted. Jesus was the Seed planted in the earth at His death. Ploughing and planting continued during the rainy season to increase the yield.
* Reaping the Grain harvest. The 3000 souls saved at Pentecost and the dead who were raised at the resurrection.
* Drought. In the physical world the summer drought occurred in this time. But in the spiritual world it is still raining. The Holy Spirit is here, but He is ignored. So, practically, there was a spiritual drought in the middle of rain from heaven.
* Late Autumn Rain (Last Rain). The outpouring of the Holy Spirit at the end of time in the harvest rain....
* Reaping the Fruit harvest. The billions of souls saved at the Second Coming.
* Ploughing. Notice that the spiritual and agricultural ploughing seasons merge at the great resurrection. We will be ploughed up from this old earth and planted in Heaven.
* Winter Rest. We will grow during the winter months of the millennium.

This is from http://www.teachinghearts.org/dre17hstfeasts.html. I didn't look through this in detail, but it seemed to have this outlined as I understand it. That is:

* Drought. In the physical world the summer drought occurred in this time.
* Late Autumn Rain (Last Rain).

There was this note:

Quote:
Between the spring and autumn months was the hot summer which lasted about three and a half months. During this time, there were no harvests, and no rain. This symbolizes the spiritual drought of the 1260 Years of Papal supremacy.

The 1260 years come from:

a.3 1/2 months of drought
b.lengthened to 3 1/2 years of drought
c.equals 1260 days

Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: Tom] #129658
12/16/10 09:07 AM
12/16/10 09:07 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Sure, it sounds very good on theory for us who come from the north. Its only flaw is that it contradicts the Bible. So the question for you is, how important is this flaw? Are you willing to overlook the fact that your nice piece of theology here isnt biblical?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: Tom] #129659
12/16/10 10:30 AM
12/16/10 10:30 AM
M
mtimber  Offline
Posting New Member
Cambs, Peterborough
Originally Posted By: Tom
This goes through the time line:

* Ploughing. When God resurrected Jesus and the first fruits, He literally ploughed the earth, or dug up the earth. For three and a half years Jesus and the disciples ploughed the field in Israel to get them ready for the planting of the seed (His death) and the coming of the Holy Spirit with power.
* Seed Planted. Jesus was the Seed planted in the earth at His death. Ploughing and planting continued during the rainy season to increase the yield.
* Reaping the Grain harvest. The 3000 souls saved at Pentecost and the dead who were raised at the resurrection.
* Drought. In the physical world the summer drought occurred in this time. But in the spiritual world it is still raining. The Holy Spirit is here, but He is ignored. So, practically, there was a spiritual drought in the middle of rain from heaven.
* Late Autumn Rain (Last Rain). The outpouring of the Holy Spirit at the end of time in the harvest rain....
* Ploughing. Notice that the spiritual and agricultural ploughing seasons merge at the great resurrection. We will be ploughed up from this old earth and planted in Heaven.

This is from http://www.teachinghearts.org/dre17hstfeasts.html. I didn't look through this in detail, but it seemed to have this outlined as I understand it. That is:

There was this note:

Quote:
Between the spring and autumn months was the hot summer which lasted about three and a half months. During this time, there were no harvests, and no rain. This symbolizes the spiritual drought of the 1260 Years of Papal supremacy.

c.equals 1260 days

Thank you for sharing this Tom. :-)

Apreciated.

Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: Tom] #129660
12/16/10 11:43 AM
12/16/10 11:43 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
quote=TomThis goes through the time line:

* Early Spring Rain (First Rain)(in biblical hebrew / greek, the spring rain is the late rain). The coming of Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

So, this is a two year sceme? Since this drought is the second dry season mentioned..

Again, the "autumn rain" and the "early rain" are translated from the same word in both biblical Hebrew and biblical Greek.

Which fruits would this be? Grapes were harvested from June to September and Figs and Pomegranades in August and September. Or are we in the 3rd year of this table already? Considering that none of these months can be said to come after late autumn in your preceding point.

It does make sense that our time in Heaven is pictured with the heavy winter rains..

Fascinating source you have found here Tom, especially look at this page: http://www.teachinghearts.org/dre17httscience.html
where they proceed to show how the tabernacle is modelled on the periodic table of elements, among many other groundbreaking discoveries. Though, considering his(or her) lack of accuracy with reading the bible, I would advice some caution when learning about all the discoveries of modern science that are hidden between the covers of the bible.

There was this note:

Quote:

c.equals 1260 days
[/quote]

Galatians 2

Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: vastergotland] #129664
12/16/10 06:39 PM
12/16/10 06:39 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
The Hebrews had different seasons, which can make things confusing. The agricultural cycle that deals with the early and latter rains, which involves the 3 1/2 month (or year, or 1260 days) drought is the one that started in autumn.

When I say that had different seasons, I mean they could reckon the year in different ways.

This was just a site I found at random, looking for something that would have the time line written out.

The agricultural cycle, prophecy, sanctuary, and their world view (i.e. Hebrew cosmology) were all intertwined. Also the "Exodus experience."

It's very interesting how the Hebrew mind worked, and all the complexity that's implicit in their writings, which just goes over our heads.

Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: Tom] #129665
12/16/10 07:25 PM
12/16/10 07:25 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Well, im just saying.. A little source criticism would be in order, not just taking the first one that happens to say what you wish to hear.

Galatians 2

Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: vastergotland] #129667
12/16/10 10:40 PM
12/16/10 10:40 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
This is stuff I already know. I was just trying to get you enough information to research it, not trying to prove anything by the web site. I told you I hadn't looked at the site carefully.

Page 22 of 25 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/25/24 04:33 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/22/24 09:07 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 09/26/24 05:49 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by ProdigalOne. 09/23/24 12:28 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!