HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,975
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 30
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Account of an Un-recorded End-Time Vision/Dream by E. G. White #137941
12/06/11 09:08 PM
12/06/11 09:08 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
This account of a dream or vision by Ellen White seems to be reliable. The witnesses themselves are reliable but I haven't confirmed that Johnson's account is verbatim. I got it from Elder Richard Gates a couple days ago who got it from his son David Gates of Gospel Ministries International, the mission pilot/TV media ministry. If true, it's sobering.

A statement by Ellen G. White
Elmer M. Johnson

Brother Will Ross, now deceased, was a personal friend of mine for about 45 years. In our church fellowship we very often spent Sabbath afternoons discussing his experience in the message, and his conversations with Mrs. EGW.

About 1908, while living in Loma Linda near Sister White, he frequently accompanied her in her walks, and would discuss the message and future events. On one of these occasions, while waiting at the railroad depot, in company with Sister McInterfer, and Elder D. R. Robinson, her granddaughter’s husband, Sister White related to the three of them about the storm of persecution that was to come upon Seventh Day Adventists. Brother Will Ross related it to me as follows:

“Sister White told us as we three stood there on the depot platform, that a terrible storm of persecution was coming like a windstorm that blew down every standing object. There was not a Seventh Day Adventist to be seen. They, like the disciples, forsook Christ and fled. All who had sought positions were never seen any more.

“After the storm there was a calm, then the Adventists arose like a great flock of sheep, but there were no shepherds. They all waited in earnest prayer for help and wisdom, and the Lord answered by helping them to choose leaders from among them who had never sought positions before. They prayed earnestly for the Holy Spirit which was poured out upon them, making them fully ready for service. They then went forth ‘fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners’ to give the message to the world.”

“I was astonished, and asked if that applied to Loma Linda, as we were looking in that direction Sister White replied to my question by stating that it applied to the entire denominational world. It so stunned me that I did not ask any more questions.” Will Ross, Boulder, Colorado.

In the year 1943 when Elder D.R. Robinson was visiting the churches in Colorado, I was serving on the platform that Sabbath that Elder Robinson visited the Boulder church having with him the large Bible which Sister White held in her hand and leafed through during one of her visions.

At the close of the service Brother Ross spoke with Elder Robinson when he, Sister Mcinterfer and Sister White were standing on the depot platform visiting together, and Sister White related to him about the terrible storm of persecution that was coming upon Seventh-day Adventists. Elder Robinson replied, “Yes, Brother Ross, I remember it.”

So I documented this reply January 16th, 1946, not wishing to forget this important narration related to my Brother Ross. I frequently discussed it with him in later years, and his statement never varied.

A statement by Ellen G. White, confirmed by Elder D.R. Robinson, who was present.
Recorded by Bro. Elmer M. Johnson

Really sobering isn't it. It doesn't have to come true IMO. The prophecy with the disciples was "strike the shepherd and the sheep shall be scattered" but we're told that didn't have to come true. I'm going to pray and fast that it doesn't. Please join me if you can. Jacob's curse on Levi that his seed would be scattered in Israel was turned into a blessing and he was given something better than lands. He inherited the Lord and His work.

Re: Account of an Un-recorded End-Time Vision/Dream by E. G. White [Re: Charity] #137944
12/06/11 11:57 PM
12/06/11 11:57 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Can't find anything about this on the EGW CD, therefore, I am very leary about this.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Account of an Un-recorded End-Time Vision/Dream by E. G. White [Re: Charity] #137953
12/07/11 03:08 AM
12/07/11 03:08 AM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
What is the purpose in posting this? Why would you make public a "statement" with more holes in it than your grandmother's knitted doily?

Have you done ANY research to learn ANYTHING about the players mentioned, or the circumstances. Who is Richard Gates? Who is David Gates? Where did HE get it from?

Why was it not published?

I'm sorry, Mark, but I think you unnecessarily stir the pot with unsupported hear-say.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Account of an Un-recorded End-Time Vision/Dream by E. G. White [Re: JAK] #137966
12/07/11 04:14 PM
12/07/11 04:14 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend . . . .

Re: Account of an Un-recorded End-Time Vision/Dream by E. G. White [Re: Mountain Man] #137996
12/08/11 12:27 PM
12/08/11 12:27 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
It's not on the Ellen White CD because it was from a conversation. She was talking to someone, rather than writing it down. One of the reasons for posting it was to see if anyone has other confirmation. Personally, I've found David Gates to be credible but he has his detractors who in my view are not credible. I look at his fruits. He leads by example. In 15 years his ministry has grown exponentially.

But I don't want to focus on Gates. If anyone has knowledge of the accuracy of the account please post it here. My reasons for posting it are that the witnesses are credible and they're identified. Also it rings true to history - in a crises, most forsake Christ to 'save' themselves. And the vision agrees with Ellen White's other visions. I'll try to find it, but I remember reading one of her published visions that the world was stuck by some crises and all the lights of God's people went out. But they gradually came back on. This is not exact so don't quote me. I'll try to find it.

Re: Account of an Un-recorded End-Time Vision/Dream by E. G. White [Re: Charity] #137997
12/08/11 04:25 PM
12/08/11 04:25 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Seems strange that no one present felt impressed to record it. Also seems to fly in the face of the following testimonies:

Quote:
The Church May Appear as About to Fall

The shaking of God blows away multitudes like dry leaves.--4T 89 (1876). {LDE 180.1}

Chaff like a cloud will be borne away on the wind, even from places where we see only floors of rich wheat.--5T 81 (1882). {LDE 180.2}

Soon God's people will be tested by fiery trials, and the great proportion of those who now appear to be genuine and true will prove to be base metal. . . . {LDE 180.3}

When the religion of Christ is most held in contempt, when His law is most despised, then should our zeal be the warmest and our courage and firmness the most unflinching. To stand in defense of truth and righteousness when the majority forsake us, to fight the battles of the Lord when champions are few--this will be our test. At this time we must gather warmth from the coldness of others, courage from their cowardice, and loyalty from their treason.--5T 136 (1882). {LDE 180.4}

The church may appear as about to fall, but it does not fall. It remains, while the sinners in Zion will be sifted out--the chaff separated from the precious wheat. This is a terrible ordeal, but nevertheless it must take place.--2SM 380 (1886). {LDE 180.5}

As the storm approaches, a large class who have professed faith in the third angel's message, but have not been sanctified through obedience to the truth, abandon their position and join the ranks of the opposition.--GC 608 (1911). {LDE 180.6}

Re: Account of an Un-recorded End-Time Vision/Dream by E. G. White [Re: Mountain Man] #138012
12/09/11 01:11 AM
12/09/11 01:11 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Well, I still can't find that EGW vision about the lights going out. But here's a prophecy from Zechariah that says the same:
Quote:
Zec 13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.
Zec 13:8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
Zec 13:9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.
This was fulfilled partly at the time of Christ but the main application appears to be in the future. About whom does the Lord declare "It is my people" if it is not the 144,000 - the 12 spiritual tribes?

Re: Account of an Un-recorded End-Time Vision/Dream by E. G. White [Re: Charity] #138062
12/10/11 09:18 PM
12/10/11 09:18 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
In 15 years his ministry has grown exponentially.

So has Islam

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Account of an Un-recorded End-Time Vision/Dream by E. G. White [Re: JAK] #138074
12/12/11 12:35 AM
12/12/11 12:35 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I would have thought that EGW would have written down something that important.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Account of an Un-recorded End-Time Vision/Dream by E. G. White [Re: Mountain Man] #138078
12/12/11 04:34 PM
12/12/11 04:34 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Seems strange that no one present felt impressed to record it. Also seems to fly in the face of the following testimonies:
MM, your quotes support the statement. What about them do you think "flies in the face" of it?

The church will stand, but only 1 in 20 (or less) in it will be saved. That goes for the leaders, too (or more so). I recall reading other prophecies in the old testament where the shepherds are the ones who lead the flock astray in more direct language than what Mark quoted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 09/19/24 11:34 AM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 09/19/24 11:04 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!