HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y), 2,288 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28
Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13920
05/26/05 08:33 PM
05/26/05 08:33 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I'm jumping in on some of these.
-------------------------------------------------

John:Do we only need salvation from the punishment for sin?

Rosangela:
Not only from the punishment, but it certainly is the most important part of it.

Tom: The "most important" part of sin is that it separates one from God, which causes pain, misery, suffering, and eventually death.

John:Is sin so favorable or benign?

Rosangela: OK, take God out of the picture. The pleasures of sin are passing pleasures, but they do offer a certain measure of pleasure and, from a practical point of view, it is better to have a life with a little pleasure than with no pleasure at all.

Tom: This doesn't really address the question. Is sin, of itself, lethal? Or is it only so because God will eventually kill those who choose it? Is God against something which, if He didn't intervine, is benign?

John:Is the punishment the problem?

Rosangela: Even God, before the entrance of sin in the world, used the warning of punishment to try and prevent man from falling into sin.

Tom: God warned that sin would result in death. Satan said God was lying. God was telling the truth.

Rosangela: Sin is so deceiving in its nature that God felt it was necessary to inform His creatures about both rewards and punishments in order to help them to not choose sin. Do we want to be wiser than God?

Tom: Sin is so deceiving that it causes people to view God in a way He is not. So He sent His Son that we might both see the true nature of sin (it causes death -- look to the cross) and Himself (Christ was willing to be lost forever rather than see us die).

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13921
05/26/05 10:22 PM
05/26/05 10:22 PM
J
John Boskovic  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Rosangela, what I am trying to establish here is the “clear picture” of what I am supposed to be saved from. Putting all religion and theology aside, what is it that I should realize that is wrong with me, or what danger am I in that I should need salvation. Why do I need a savior?

It seems rather odd that the one who is supposed to be my savior is the one that is threatening me. I am not sure I care for someone who proposes to be the solution for the damage he wants to cause to me. Sure, I might have to deal with him because of the size of his muscles. But if that is what it is about, I do not know what you are talking about, as far as feeling His tender touch; hearing His voice saying He loves me; seeing His eyes looking at me with love. Sounds like hypocrisy at its ultimate. Good riddance, except if I have no choice.

You call it “warning” but that is called “threatening”. An invitation to heaven with a gun at my head is hardly an invitation. It is coercion. Now the fact that Christ died to “pay” the threat off does not make me think of him any more highly. Rather it is only more reflective of some stupendous scheme.

So what is that clear picture?

You are not convincing me at all that I need salvation. In your statements I see a Giant with whom I am supposed to play politics.

Sorry to have to put things so bluntly, but “this gospel” does not "lighten me up".

I have not seen anything here yet to show me that I am wicked, and need salvation. What is wicked?

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13922
05/26/05 11:28 PM
05/26/05 11:28 PM
J
Dedicated Member
Ontario
quote:
R: Suppose God exists (so we don’t take God out of the picture) but there is no heaven and no hell; death is the end of everything.
What kind of a picture of God do you have?
Why should death be the end of everything if God exists? Is he the God of death or the God of life?

Before sin entered, there was no heaven or hell, there was God and everything lived eternally; there was no death. So what is the problem now?

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13923
05/26/05 11:53 PM
05/26/05 11:53 PM
J
Dedicated Member
Ontario
quote:
Tom: The "most important" part of sin is that it separates one from God, which causes pain, misery, suffering, and eventually death.
I don’t get it Tom, [Wink] according to Rosangela it is God who measures out and causes pain, misery, suffering, and eventually death. [Eek!]

Seems like God = sin.

This clear message is getting more confusing.

Rosangela says that it is no fun to live without God's presence, yet it is he who causes pain, misery, suffering, and eventually death. So what is the better deal?

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13924
05/27/05 12:06 AM
05/27/05 12:06 AM
J
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Suppose you were to live forever - in sin, would you see the need for salvation?
quote:

Taking God out of the picture? Without the Holy Spirit to act in the heart? Probably not.

Are you the only person in the universe?
Does doubt, anger, fear, malice, wrath, covetousness, … make life-lets say pleasant?

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13925
05/27/05 01:24 PM
05/27/05 01:24 PM
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
I suggest that the more insulated Christians are from the out-and-out sinners(the dopers, hookers, the poor, the fearful, the feeble, the lost and confused) the less they see the horrors of sin through the stained glass windows.

Nothing wrong with being with good souls...unless you forget the wicked ones.

Go "eat with the gentiles" and tend their wounds and you will see starkly what sin can do.

Bro. Willy does this quite often: he can probably say a thing or two about the reality of sin outside theological comforts.

Christ said the hookers and the con-men (reborn)will enter the kingdom before the smug pew warmers, even if they are from the right church.

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13926
05/28/05 03:14 AM
05/28/05 03:14 AM
J
Dedicated Member
Ontario
It seems like the ones inside the stained glass windows are worried about God doing them in; while the ones outside are worried that they are playing with "fire" and it is only a matter of time before sin does them in.

Maybe if man could see a God who is not out to do us in; but here to save us from sin before it does us in; they just might think it a good idea to get saved before it is too late.

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13927
05/27/05 10:40 PM
05/27/05 10:40 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
quote:
according to Rosangela it is God who measures out and causes pain, misery, suffering, and eventually death.
What I see is that you have to make a great effort to divorce "God's glory" from God. Since Ellen White says that it is God's glory which destroys the wicked, you say that "God's glory" destroys, but God doesn't. "God's glory" kills, but God doesn't. "God's glory" causes pain, misery, suffering, but God doesn't.

Is sin lethal in itself?

"Then the LORD God said, 'Behold, the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he put forth his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever'-- therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from which he was taken. He drove out the man; and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life" (Gên. 3:22-24).

"Adam and Eve transgressed the law of God. This made it necessary for them to be driven from Eden and be separated from the tree of life, to eat of which after their transgression would perpetuate sin. ... Man was dependent upon the tree of life for immortality, and the Lord took these precautions lest men should eat of that tree 'and live forever'--become immortal sinners. {TM 133.3}

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13928
05/27/05 11:47 PM
05/27/05 11:47 PM
J
Dedicated Member
Ontario
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Is the glory of God, which we are short of, the ability to destroy so wonderfully? Or is it that we are not destroyed because we are short of this destructive glory?

You can take up this idea with Tom on your destruction thread. I am talking about salvation of the wicked here, and so far, according to Rosangela, it looks like I need to be saved from God's glory.

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13929
05/27/05 11:52 PM
05/27/05 11:52 PM
J
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!