HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily), 2,269 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28
Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13950
06/03/05 03:20 AM
06/03/05 03:20 AM
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Well I'm glad that you are attempting to clear up your opinion, Roseangela about deathless angels, as it sure sounded a bit strange for awhile there! Maybe you can hone in a wee bit more, please.

So apparently you agree: None have life without Him, therefore those who rebel against Him (sin against Him, because they have the sin nature or disease) will die two deaths if human and one if angelic rebels. This is how we humans can be unlike the angels.

However I think Luke 20:36 should be seen in context; what was the trick question asked of the Lord by the cult of the Sadducees, the anti-resurrectionists, based on? Marriage in the after-life,a tenant they sneered at anyway.

Christ was comparing members of this world with members of the royal family, like the angels are.

Christ pointed out that only those humans that are "accounted worthy" will even be in a position of being in that world, like the angels; therefore they must not have any taint of sin, like the angels. Nor will they die, like the angels, nor marry, like the angels.

The word "equal" in the verse in the greek is isaggelos, best translated "like an angel or angelic", not identical. We will not be in nature identical to them, but the righteous will be amazingly above them in station. They will be twice born, an remarkable creation that angels will never experiance.

Yes, we will live forever in God's glory, His consuming fire of righteousness with the angels and will nevr die, for the Sin Disease will be gone, in us, and the universe will be clean, just as it has never been in the good angels in their realms.

That , I think, was/is Christ's point to the Jewish cultists: the absolute necessity of being worthy of being called from the dead to live among the angels in a sinless world, a world not burdened with romances and marriage making.

"The words of Christ are too plain to be misunderstood.They should forever settle the question of marriages and births in the new earth. Neither those who shall be raised from the dead, nor those who shall be translated without seeing death, will marry or be given in marriage. They will be as the angels of God {equal to?}, members of the royal family. {1SM 172.3}

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13951
06/02/05 06:54 PM
06/02/05 06:54 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
How does all this lead to an increased understanding of salvation? Salvation of the wicked remembering that before rebirth we where also counted among them. How does all these words lead to a deeper understanding of our salvation and the salvation of those who have not yet joined us in Gods royal family?

/Thomas

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13952
06/02/05 07:24 PM
06/02/05 07:24 PM
J
John Boskovic  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Hi Ikan,
I just wanted to say thank you so much for your very meaningful post of May 31, 9:05pm of which I quote a section below.
quote:

"The work of Christ in cleansing the leper from his terrible disease is an illustration of His work in cleansing the soul from sin. The man who came to Jesus was "full of leprosy." Its deadly poison permeated his whole body. The disciples sought to prevent their Master from touching him; for he who touched a leper became himself unclean. But in laying His hand upon the leper, Jesus received no defilement. His touch imparted life-giving power. The leprosy was cleansed. Thus it is with the leprosy of sin,--deep-rooted, deadly, and impossible to be cleansed by human power. {DA 266.1}

Now to me this sounds much more lethal than you will agree with. She makes no distinction between the soul and the body. Perhaps you see the side effects of a leper’s horrific life, the missing fingers, the mottled skin and the disfigured face, as the disease. It is not. It is the reactions to the disease. The disease is in the blood stream, the immune system, deep within the sufferer. Sin is as literal as that. It’s a rotting debility, biblically called “corruption”. It is the prime reason why we will need new bodies at the resurrection. You can get the new spirit now.

A thief must let Christ take away his thief’s heart, not merely his "rap sheet".

Sin is a disease, as real as any leper's, that no amount of sewing fingers back on, or promising to not to lose anymore can halt. It is the sin-master within, controlled by Satan that must be given to Christ to crucify, so that He can put a new heart into a man. Not a patch up or a re-education or a adjusting to one's mental viewpoint, or even agreement with the Three Angel's messages can equate with a new heart, a new spirit, a death of the sin nature within.

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13953
06/02/05 08:05 PM
06/02/05 08:05 PM
J
John Boskovic  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Well, if Rosangela is agreed, since she did say that we need to be saved from sin and destruction; whether we could deal with it one at a time. Since we are agreed that sin is present and active, while Rosangela considers the destruction as something to come; whether we could deal with the more imminent danger first - namely sin. Perhaps after that sin is dealt with, we will have a better understanding of the destruction.

So what is sin, that makes us wicked; that we need to be saved from? How are the wicked saved from the sin that makes them wicked? What does it mean to be wicked?

P.S. I think there are some tips in Ikan's quote above.

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13954
06/03/05 03:31 AM
06/03/05 03:31 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
"So what is sin, that makes us wicked;"

Sin is at its root selfishness and unbelief. Putting ourselves ahead of another makes us wicked. Unbelief fosters selfishness and inhibits our ability to be healed.

"that we need to be saved from?"

Sin brings self-condemnation and self-loathing upon oneself. It also causes us to view God in a way He is not, which leads us to separate ourselves from Him. Adam and Eve are a good example of this principle. Christ is also an example of how strong sin is. Even He was tempted, as Ps. 22 shows.

"How are the wicked saved from the sin that makes them wicked?"

The twin problems of self-condemnation and not viewing God as He is are solved by perceiving the truth -- i.e. to see God as He really is. The whole purpose of Christ's mission was to reveal God's character and thus set men right with God.

"What does it mean to be wicked?"

To be wicked is to be selfish. Unselishness is the fundamental principle of God's government.

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13955
06/03/05 11:33 AM
06/03/05 11:33 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Tom and Ikan,

I replied to your previous posts in the thread "Destruction of the Wicked".

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13956
06/03/05 01:40 PM
06/03/05 01:40 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
I agree completely with what Tom and Ikan said about sin. Sin is the opposite of love. Sin is self-love, self-idolatry, while love is self-denial for the good of others. To be wicked means to be entirely devoted to selfishness, which is “the strongest and most general of human impulses” (CS 25). How are the wicked saved from sin? Only by being born again, when self is dethroned and Christ assumes the first place in the heart. And when Christ is living in the heart, His love will be manifest in the life.
My conversion took place 30 years ago, when I was 16. I remember how I felt empty and considered life meaningless, and Christ reached out to me when suicide was a serious consideration in my mind.
And I wonder why some people accept Christ so readily, while others don’t feel any need of Him? That’s why I think that many times the approach to show people that the end is near and that, as they are, they will die, may sometimes produce good results. IOW, I consider that sometimes it is more efficacious to speak about the destruction to come instead of the present destruction caused by sin. This can shock people to their senses, and although fear is the initial motivation, the Holy Spirit can then lead the person to the correct motivation, which is love.

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13957
06/03/05 06:09 PM
06/03/05 06:09 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
"Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? (Rom. 2:4)"

Given that it is the goodness of God which leads to repentance, it seems to me the best way to lead the unsaved to repentance is to make clear to them the goodness of God.

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13958
06/03/05 09:56 PM
06/03/05 09:56 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
How would you lead someone to understand that they need God if they feel comfortable in sin?

Re: Salvation of the wicked !!! #13959
06/03/05 11:40 PM
06/03/05 11:40 PM
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Thanks are due to the Lord for that post, John as it was He who gave me those words above. I take no credit for His illustrations.

quote:
Originally posted by Rosangela:
How would you lead someone to understand that they need God if they feel comfortable in sin?

Frankly, I don't rely on my efforts for "leading" anyone. I am a strong advocate of not constructing elaborate programs on how to reach the unsaved, as I have no window to anyone's heart.
I expect the Spirit to educate me, on the spot, on how to present the Gospel to a certain person or crowd. He has never failed me, yet all my plans have always failed.

Yet He has never had me frighten, threaten, terrorize, or force anyone to come to Him. Yes, I am aware of the verse concerning "snatching them as a fire-brand from the fire", but I think it has been woefully abused, as the Roman Church's subterfuge for forced "conversions" through fear, earthly and unearthly.

I doubt any lasting "conversion" is possible based on fear or even "self-preservation"; makinga comfortable sinner uncomfortable is the Holy Spirit's task, not mine, and He knows how to do it best. My task is to uplift Christ crucified by my sins.

Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!