HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily, TheophilusOne), 1,877 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Christ our Vaccine #14189
06/09/05 10:03 AM
06/09/05 10:03 AM
Ikan  Offline OP
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Tom asked on another topic after quoting me:
" 'But I think, Tom you may be asking me how He could take the sins of the yet unborn. Well, it's the same question as "How could He take the sins of the unrepentant?" He didn't take the records of their sins, as they had nothing recorded yet. But He did take the Sin Disease and crush it by providing the vaccine for all time, Himself. He conquered Satan's weapon, Death.'This is very poetic ... But I'd still like more info on what saying Christ took our sins means to you.' "

So here are my basic thoughts on this:

As numb as I am with worn-out theological terms, I have used the word "vaccine" in an unusual way so as to illustrate a few features of the Master's role in every human's salvation from Sin, if he will accept that salvation.

The word "vaccine",will not cover all aspects of Christ's "becoming sin for us", but will highlight some divine factors, I hope.

A vaccine is prepartion that actually is super-saturated with the toxic virus. It is not a placebo, or a merely a carrier, but it actually IS the virus at it's full flown stage.

Christ, in the wilderness, and even more so between Gethsemane and His death on the Cross, was progressively loaded down with that Sin-Disease, not anyone's acts of sin nor His own, as He had none. [see {FLB 101.4}] He actually took the final results of every sin, death, but also the symptoms of those sins while on the Cross.

As fully man, He took them, not as fully God. He had to experience all of this to actually become one with His "brothers", humanity. Before Calvary He "knew [experienced] no sin". He cannot be "touched by our feelings

Consider: How can a mother fully understand the pains of another mother who has lost a child, unless she has had the same experience? She cannot.

How can I know the "joys of salvation" without salvation? I cannot.

Imagine this: Christ went through the horrors of the end results of malaria, AIDS, cancer, murder, drunkeness, Ebola, war, hatred, adultry, loneliness, lying....all Sin, all that Satan has plagued humanity with since Day One. And He did not yield one micro from His position, nor lose His Divinity, temporarily.

He need not have taken the actual events of our sins, perhaps: Sinner A's wife-beating event of Jan.2nd, 1967 is no different than Sinner B's wife-beating event of June 23rd, 67 B.C. That is all recorded in Heaven of course, for our investigation.

However He did experience the results of total separation from God caused by A and B's sins. He felt the ravings of Sin PLUS the Father's turning away from that.

Only He could have handled that, and Praise Him forever, He did!

Summary for Skimmers:
Christ fully took on the Sin-Disease for us, beat it and offers Himself as the Vaccine to all.
Since He took the disease, He also took the results of the disease, our acts.
He can now (present tense) take the our records of sin, once we have given them to Him correctly.
Kill the disease and you kill the symptoms.

Re: Christ our Vaccine #14190
06/11/05 02:28 AM
06/11/05 02:28 AM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
I'm not sure I understood your first paragraph Phil. Did you say that Christ covered the sins of the unborn and newborn child?

Re: Christ our Vaccine #14191
06/11/05 02:38 AM
06/11/05 02:38 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I like the new "Summary for Skimmers" feature, but shouldn't that be at the *beginning* of the post? (So the skimmers will actually read it)

I'm quoting the parts of your post which seem to me to most be dealing with my question, which is what it means to say that Christ took our sins.

quote:
Christ, in the wilderness, and even more so between Gethsemane and His death on the Cross, was progressively loaded down with that Sin-Disease, not anyone's acts of sin nor His own, as He had none. [see {FLB 101.4}] He actually took the final results of every sin, death, but also the symptoms of those sins while on the Cross.

Imagine this: Christ went through the horrors of the end results of malaria, AIDS, cancer, murder, drunkeness, Ebola, war, hatred, adultry, loneliness, lying....all Sin, all that Satan has plagued humanity with since Day One...

He need not have taken the actual events of our sins, perhaps: Sinner A's wife-beating event of Jan.2nd, 1967 is no different than Sinner B's wife-beating event of June 23rd, 67 B.C. That is all recorded in Heaven of course, for our investigation.

However He did experience the results of total separation from God caused by A and B's sins. He felt the ravings of Sin PLUS the Father's turning away from that.

From reading this it appears to me that what you mean by "Christ took our sin" is that Christ experienced the results of our sin. Is this correct?

Re: Christ our Vaccine #14192
06/11/05 02:51 AM
06/11/05 02:51 AM
Ikan  Offline OP
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
DebbieNope; innocent babes cannot confess sins that they a) may not have acted out yet b) have not been convicted of and given to Christ. I stated "He didn't take the records of their sins, as they had nothing recorded yet. But He did take the Sin Disease and crush it by providing the vaccine for all time, Himself."
I see a difference between acts of sin and the Disease of Sin, the products of a polluted spring and the spring itself.

Tom Yes; that is correct. Christ actually took the end results of every species of sin none to man, not merely a judicial, mystical or intellectual plea-bargaining conceptualization, but the "harvests" themselves.

Re: Christ our Vaccine #14193
06/11/05 09:28 AM
06/11/05 09:28 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
quote:
I see a difference between acts of sin and the Disease of Sin, the products of a polluted spring and the spring itself.
There is no difference; acts of sin themselves are what sin is. The acts aren't merely the results of sin.
"The only definition for sin that we have in the Bible is that it is the transgression of the law."
{ST 03-03-90 para. 3}

"Our only definition of sin is that given in the word of God; it is 'the transgression of the law;' it is the outworking of a principle at war with the great law of love which is the foundation of the divine government."
{GC 492.2}
Transgression is an act, involving choice. So sin is not a state, it's an action. That's the only definition we have, according to the prophet. Any other definition goes beyond what God has stated.

A really good sermon on this subject is Pr. Dennis Priebe's "What Is Sin?", at

http://www.advent-hope.org/?module=audio&func=display&aid=142

Re: Christ our Vaccine #14194
06/12/05 03:37 AM
06/12/05 03:37 AM
Ikan  Offline OP
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Sinful acts come from a sinful heart. Therefore it is the heart that must be exchanged for his Heart, not merely the list of sins one has done, yet keeping the same heart. This is a superficial repentance, however sincere.

Any amount of sorrow or repentence over sinful deeds means little until the sinful heart is given over the the Doctor and exchanged for His heart. "Ye must be born again", not only regret your sinful actions.

"Create in me a clean heart"...is not poetic or symbolic, at least to me."Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree;" and life's desert "shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose." Isa. 55:13; 35:1. {DA 302.4}

P.S.: the EGW quotes you used seemed to me to be dealing with the issue of "Should we keep the 10 Commandments?" which most Evangelicals deny, not the subject I am dealing with here, directly. As Adventists we all know the answer to that; but many are uncertain over one aspect of the Victory over Sin on the Cross that Christ won.

Re: Christ our Vaccine #14195
06/11/05 08:13 PM
06/11/05 08:13 PM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
quote:
John: There is no difference; acts of sin themselves are what sin is. The acts aren't merely the results of sin.
Mat 7:17-18 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Mat 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by [his] fruit.

There is a big problem in every concept if we see that there is something wrong with only our acts from time to time. Such a concept has not even began to see the issue.

There is no question that the act is sin and transgression, but the act is the result of that master which is ruling.

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Re: Christ our Vaccine #14196
06/12/05 01:39 AM
06/12/05 01:39 AM
Ikan  Offline OP
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Debbie Did that clarify your question?
John B. That is exactly my point.

The Master Teacher became involved in a discussion with the Pharisees and others who stood by in which He was able to set before them a clear definition of what sin is. To them He said,

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

These men revealed their ignorance of the basic principles of the sin problem by replying, "We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest Thou, Ye shall be made free?" (This is as if today, an Afro-American would be angered by His implying that they were slaves still, under bondage to a plantation!)

Now, in the reply of Christ we have set before us the full definition of what sin is.
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." John 8:32-34.

Here sin is identified, not as an action, but as a master, for, if the sinner is the servant of sin, then the sin must be the master of the sinner. To be such a master, sin must be a power, for no one can rule as a master without the power to rule as such, especially when the subjects are unwilling to render service to that power.

Sin is a master, not a master who receives loving service from his subjects, but one who has to compel them to obey him. Thus, we are to think of sin as being a slave master. In fact, the original Greek word from which the word 'servant' is translated was the word used for 'slave', and is usually translated as slave in the more modern translations.

Consider: Are the leper, the lame, the blind, the herion addict, the bigot, the serial killer not enslaved by a power, a master, a Disease beyond their human ability to ignore or conquer??

This, then, means that our definition of sin must now be extended to the following:

Sin is a Disease/master who rules us against our will so that we are in the condition of bondage. For this problem, pardon or forgiveness in the sense in which this word is generally understood, is not the solution. What we need now is deliverance.

Re: Christ our Vaccine #14197
06/12/05 09:09 PM
06/12/05 09:09 PM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
quote:
Here sin is identified, not as an action...
I'm sorry, that contradicts what the Holy Spirit has told us. See the passages above from the SOP; the *only* definition we have of sin is that given in 1 John 3:4. The only inspired definition. Period.

Any other definition of sin doesn't come from God.

To address Jesus' saying, "Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin" --

Using the only definition of sin we're given, 1 John 3:4, we could rephrase that, "Whosoever transgresseth the law is the servant of that transgression."

Sin involves choices made. It isn't some mysterious infusion with which we're born. (as Augustine taught) We are born with a corrupt, sinful nature that pulls us toward the commission of sin, true (so was Jesus); but we aren't actually sinners until we choose to transgress the law.

Re: Christ our Vaccine #14198
06/12/05 10:54 PM
06/12/05 10:54 PM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Some in our church believe that when babies are born they are sinning as soon as they take their first breath. This is not Biblical. They may as well join the Catholic church or any other church that believes in infant baptism.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!