HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,975
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 30
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 29 30
Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14273
06/20/05 08:37 AM
06/20/05 08:37 AM
Ikan  Offline OP
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Certainly, Tom.

Teenaged Ellen White learned the formula of finding the truth quite early in the Movement. So first i think a pre-1888 statement from her is apropos:

"We would come together burdened in soul, praying that we might be one in faith and doctrine; for we knew that Christ is not divided. One point at a time was made the subject of investigation. The Scriptures were opened with a sense of awe. Often we fasted, that we might be better fitted to understand the truth. After earnest prayer, if any point was not understood, it was discussed and each one expressed his opinion freely; then we would again bow in prayer, and earnest supplications went up to heaven that God would help us to see eye to eye, that we might be one, as Christ and the Father are one. Many tears were shed.
We spent many hours in this way. Sometimes the entire night was spent in solemn investigation of the Scriptures, that we might understand the truth for our time. On some occasions the Spirit of God would come upon me, and difficult portions were made clear through God's appointed way, and then there was perfect harmony. We were all of one mind and one spirit.
We sought most earnestly that the Scriptures should not be wrested to suit any man's opinions. We tried to make our differences as slight as possible by not dwelling on points that were of minor importance, upon which there were varying opinions. But the burden of every soul was to bring about a condition among the brethren which would answer the prayer of Christ that His disciples might be one as He and the Father are one.
Sometimes one or two of the brethren would stubbornly set themselves against the view presented, and would act out the natural feelings of the heart; but when this disposition appeared, we suspended our investigations and adjourned our meeting, that each one might have an opportunity to go to God in prayer, and without conversation with others, study the point of difference, asking light from heaven. With expressions of friendliness we parted, to meet again as soon as possible for further investigation. At times the power of God came upon us in a marked manner, and when clear light revealed the points of truth, we would weep and rejoice together. We loved Jesus; we loved one another.
{CET 193.3}

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14274
06/20/05 04:04 PM
06/20/05 04:04 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
quote:
Yes, far-fetched is putting it mildly. This concept is meaningless. A life not lived does not exist.
God is in the business of imputing righteousness where none existed before. That's what the plan of salvation is all about, right! "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." Jer. 1:5.

DA 25
Christ was treated as we deserve, that we might be treated as He deserves. He was condemned for our sins, in which He had no share, that we might be justified by His righteousness, in which we had no share. He suffered the death which was ours, that we might receive the life which was His. "With His stripes we are healed." {DA 25.2}

Will, there is nothing "catholic" about varying degrees of sin. Please read Tom's quote above from SC 30.

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14275
06/20/05 04:10 PM
06/20/05 04:10 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, it is rather unproductive to ignore the SOP when studying the Bible. It's akin to reinventing the wheel. If God has already provided inspired insight on a certain topic or text it is fruitless to refuse to read it. Obviously God thought we needed it, otherwise He wouldn't have inspired Sister White to write it down.

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14276
06/20/05 04:57 PM
06/20/05 04:57 PM
Davros  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ohio
My, you guys can sure spin some heads, but really, what is the point to this?

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14277
06/20/05 05:19 PM
06/20/05 05:19 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Sin is still sin. If God doesn't think so then that's a whole different story, but it doesn't really matter what we may think. Sin is still sin, a little lie, or perhaps being deceitful, or stealing.. Its still sin.
I can't believe I am actually having to even go this far. This is truly not profitable.

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14278
06/20/05 07:52 PM
06/20/05 07:52 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM: As I said, I love the Spirit of Prophesy. However, one should not use it in place of Scripture, or in place of laziness. The things she wrote are Scriptural, and we should be able to explain them on the basis of Scripture, if for no other reason than to be able to explain them to non-Adventists.

I agree with the principle that one should lay hold of all the light God has given us, and have often used this principle to recommend Waggoner and Jones' writings, which the Spirit of Prophes heartily endorsed (but somehow the reasoning of laying hold of truth seems to get cut off here; I haven't quite figured this one out).

Will: You made a comment about degrees of sin being a Catholic thing. No one denies sin is sin, and as the quote points out, no sin is small to God.

Dave: We're just trying to figure things out! I suppose some things can be akin to trying to figure out how many angels are dancing on the head of a pin, but this thread has not struck me that way. It seems to me we have been discussing some pretty fundamental issues which are important to understand. Do you disagree?

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14279
06/20/05 08:12 PM
06/20/05 08:12 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, well said. Thank you.

Will and Dave, please permit us the opportunity to discuss what is on our hearts without censure. Thank you.

Debbie, do you believe all children, who die before the age of 12, will automatically come up in the first resurrection and go to heaven?

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14280
06/20/05 08:46 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
I am able to speak whats on my heart as well. In fact we are told that the Scripture is profitable for correction, doctrine and reproof.
Show me where in the Bible a sin was treated as a "varying degree". David commited adultery and murder, his pride and joy Absolom was killed, Ananias and Saphira thought tthey could play slick and with hold a little bit of cash, what happened next, both dropped dead.
Eve thought that eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge wouldn't be so bad, we are all cught in a great controversy "can God be trusted".
What hppened when king Saul disobeyed God's command to destroy Amelek? Haman came up and was going to wipe out every single Jew as a result because of disobedience.
The list can go on and on and on, but the point is that sin is sin, we are born sinners unless you are Christ, and that sin will be punished, the wicked will be destroyed and thrown into the lake of fire, the wine in its full strength will be poured out on the wicked and this is God's wrath. The Bible is extremely clear on this and I stand firmly on what the Word of God says
God Bless,
Will

P.S.
I noticed that in the quote as well Tom, and it does speak volumes (thanks or the quote by the way). Sin was what caused the Son of God to come and become sin for us, and to take it away. He purchased us with His blood, and for that I am grateful, and thankful. It is definitely no small thing, which is why I disagree with varying types of sin.

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14281
Davros  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ohio
I do not think it is within my right or ablity to censure any of you. I just think that God knows what he is going to do and it does ot matter if we understand how he works in this or not. I understand that it may be of some relavence to some, but I have hard time seeing it for myself.

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14282
06/20/05 08:53 PM
06/20/05 08:53 PM
Surrender  Offline
Posting New Member
GA
Hi all,
Just a comment or question on the born sinner or born sinful postings.

If we who believe we are born sinful and not sinners were to posit: OK. All unrighteousness is sin (1 Jn 5:17) and selfishness is unright, and unright does not love your neighbor which breaks the law of God. Babies are born selfish since they use selfishness to communicate I need attention right now - I'm wet, I'm hungry, etc. and demand you come now!! BUT being born as sinners they are also born reconciled to God by the death of His Son (Rom 5:10; 2 Cor 5:15)) and stand just as if they had not sinned at birth until such time as they can choose to sin or choose to live after the flesh rather than to be led by the Holy Spirit and mortify the deeds of the body (Romans 8:13) e.g. selfishly crying demandingly!! Huh?, what if??

Page 5 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 29 30

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 09/19/24 11:34 AM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 09/19/24 11:04 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!