HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,066
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Dina, dedication, 1 invisible), 1,631 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Meteorite explodes over Russia [Re: Daryl] #149780
02/17/13 02:50 PM
02/17/13 02:50 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I found a link:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...ky-8498359.html

Wasn't really a big event in comparison to what happened in Russia,

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Meteorite explodes over Russia [Re: Daryl] #149782
02/17/13 04:02 PM
02/17/13 04:02 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
So there were three near earth experiences that day, I wonder what in store for the near future?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Meteorite explodes over Russia [Re: Daryl] #149784
02/17/13 06:12 PM
02/17/13 06:12 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Daryl
I found a link:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...ky-8498359.html

Wasn't really a big event in comparison to what happened in Russia,
I've seen many like this one over California.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Meteorite explodes over Russia [Re: APL] #149786
02/17/13 11:00 PM
02/17/13 11:00 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I once saw a meteor come between earth and the moon.

I was watching what I thought was a satelite, then it passed between the earth and the moon and the shadow passed directly over where I live, and while I was standing on the front steps of my home looking up, I felt a strong sensation of vertigo, almost like gravity was lighter for a moment.

This object was huge!!!!

I went to the NASA, near earth object website, and they said that object was supposed to be ten times the distance from earth to the moon away. MAN WERE THEY OFF!!!

I wasn't the only person to report it they said.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Meteorite explodes over Russia [Re: jamesonofthunder] #149789
02/17/13 11:51 PM
02/17/13 11:51 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
When did this happen?
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder

I was watching what I thought was a satelite, then it passed between the earth and the moon and the shadow passed directly over where I live, and while I was standing on the front steps of my home looking up, I felt a strong sensation of vertigo, almost like gravity was lighter for a moment.

This object was huge!!!!

I went to the NASA, near earth object website, and they said that object was supposed to be ten times the distance from earth to the moon away. MAN WERE THEY OFF!!!

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Meteorite explodes over Russia [Re: Daryl] #149791
02/18/13 12:28 AM
02/18/13 12:28 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Daryl
When did this happen?
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder

This object was huge!!!!

And what time of day? What was the phase of the moon?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Meteorite explodes over Russia [Re: APL] #149802
02/18/13 03:49 PM
02/18/13 03:49 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
It was on Feb 19, 2008 I believe and it was an almost full moon at around 12 am. (Based off of memory)

I should have made a record of the information to share later, but after making a bunch of inquiries I didn't.

The point is, either NASA is not as accurate at determining where those things are supposed to be, or they are giving false information to alleviate panic. They know when it is going to safely pass by, but if they tell people it came between the earth and the moon they get freaked out.

There are about 4,500 near Earth objects that they monitor all the time, but the objects that are the size of the one which hit Russia are almost impossible to monitor and there are a 100 times as many of them.

Here is the Near Earth Object web site.

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/

For those who love testimony...

When I saw this object in 2008, it was very thrilling and I was sharing it with one of my friends Brooks Potter, and he said "wow that's strange, last night I was woke up by an explosion over Walla Walla (Washington) that shook the windows and woke everyone in town up."

This got me thinking so I started to do some research.

As I was typing a search query into google, I made a mistake and instead of putting the words "Walla Walla" I was distracted and typed "Loma Linda", and that is how I was led to find that Loma Linda SDA University had been hit by a Megacryometeor a year and a half earlier.

Then one landed near my home just down the road from where we were building a church plant. It hit a house so hard it went through to the basement. Two fell in that same town in 5 years. That is such a rarity it cannot be explained. The odds are billions to one.

This cannot be coincidence. God is amazing in how He gets our attention for things.

Here is the blog about the Megacryometeors...

http://lastplaguedrops.blogspot.com/2012/01/revelation-1621-from-sky-huge.html

Re: Meteorite explodes over Russia [Re: jamesonofthunder] #149827
02/19/13 01:42 AM
02/19/13 01:42 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Actually there have many many asteriod sightings reported this last weekend. However, only the one in Russia has reported damage.

Japan
Belgium
Cuba
California

There are reports that earlier comments saying the meteors over Russia, Cuba and California were unrelated to the near earth Asteroid 2012 DA14 were the result of hasty unreliable reporting.

“An asteroid group is a collection of asteroids that move in generally similar orbits. Within a group there may be one or more families of asteroids whose orbital characteristics are so much alike that they almost certainly came from the breakup of a single parent body.”…The Encyclopedia of Science

So it's very probable that Asteroid 2012 DA14 was traveling with a group of smaller asteroids. These smaller "rocks" were pulled by the earth's gravitational pull -- some entered into earth's atmosphere. Most were burned up before reaching ground level, but the one coming down in Russia managed to reach earth.

Re: Meteorite explodes over Russia [Re: dedication] #149828
02/19/13 02:41 AM
02/19/13 02:41 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Another theory going round on the internet --
(And it's just theories at this point -- not proven fact)

NASA thought Asteroid 2012 DA14 would get pulled in by gravity and cause massive destruction, so they tried to deflect it by shooting something at it -- fragments went flying everywhere, creating the meteorite shower all over the world.
Some even think the Russian asteroid was shot at as well, as something seems to have hit it before it blew up.

Some say the US was testing some new weapon -- an "energy ray" or something like that, which they used on Asteroid 2012 DA14.

Re: Meteorite explodes over Russia [Re: dedication] #149912
02/21/13 06:20 PM
02/21/13 06:20 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I believe that the Asteroids and meteorites of our Universe are a result of sin, causing the fabric of the Universe to be unwoven.

When Adam sinned it let Satan and his angels out their prison into our universe and cut this Universe off from God except through Christ. Satan claimed our world as his own.

The world is still hung on the word of God and His angels protect our planet, but the Universe is falling apart because of being cut off from the source of life. Planets begin to collide and asteroids and meteors are formed.

Before the flood our planet was covered by water like a giant ocean above our atmosphere, creating a bubble which added more than 2 times the amount of atmospheric pressure to current conditions, making life more vibrant on earth. It would be like living in a hyperbaric chamber causing plants and animals to grow exceedingly large compared to now.

On the day perfectly foretold by the death of the prophet Methuselah, several of those meteors from a destroyed planet punched through the upper atmosphere of our planet popping our bubble. The water came like a deluge from above and at the same time the meteors punched through the crust of our perfectly sealed planet and the waters below came up at the same time. What a spectacle!

One of the Meteors was so large it's crater formed the Yucatan Peninsula and the gulf of mexico.

Now our planet was cracked with gaping holes in it's crust, and everything thrown into the wash. This event caused the tectonic plates.

Now there would be no more upper firmament so earth was exposed to the cold of space the void between earth and heaven after the fall. The flood waters would freeze at the poles causing the polar caps, which would swell across the flooded globe to produce what scientists call the ice age.

The floods subsided but the ice remained, forcing civilization to remain in the inhabitable areas reaching just beyond the subtropics until the melting.

It's a scientific fact that our caps are melting at an elevated rate because of Carbon Dioxide emissions, but if we were to look at the rate of melt prior to the discovery of oil, a byproduct of the flood, it would prove the biblical flood teaching in the respect of time. The whole world would be covered in ice if the rate of glacial melt before oil was reversed in time over 10,000 years. So the flood could not have been anywhere near 10,000 years ago and this proves our interpretation of scripture on the point.

True science will always prove scripture. But you need faith to see it, so many will argue thinking they know more.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/13/24 12:51 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!