HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,216
Posts195,933
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 22
kland 17
asygo 4
Daryl 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
8 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 3 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
Re: Who were the 'spirits in prison'? [Re: APL] #150114
02/27/13 06:42 AM
02/27/13 06:42 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down? Job 41:1

Satan does not have human flesh, or testicles and you are totally whack for teaching this garbage. Satan has angelic flesh that can appear as anything he wants to us mortals, and there is nothing we can do to force his hand to manifest himself, so how can you fight or even touch him? He lives outside of our realm of contention so the fight is futile unless you have the power of the Almighty on your side. That is what Jesus is describing to Job.

In the end God permits Satan to manifest himself as the ultimate form of his own delusion and so scripture says "God sends strong delusions" just as He allowed from Pharaoh.

What Mrs White is describing in the quote you used about Satan is how God sees Satan, as he truly is, his angelic flesh aged, hanging jowls, receding hairline and his age is apparent because he has not eaten from the tree of life in over 6,000 years.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Who were the 'spirits in prison'? [Re: Green Cochoa] #150117
02/27/13 10:59 AM
02/27/13 10:59 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Elle,

With all due respect, I was not saying you were parleying with the devil, I was only pointing out that we are instructed not to do so as one example of de-focusing the devil. The Bible spends almost no time speaking of the devil or in glorifying his victories. Certainly the devil has had many victories on earth, but the Bible does not focus on them. Why? I believe that our focus should also not be upon the devil nor upon his strengths, his victories, etc.

You hold an unbiblical view of the Nephilim. I have not chosen to address it in this thread, because I have already addressed it with you in discussions we had many months ago. I did notice that you supported some of your views in this thread with the "Book of Jasher." That the book of Jasher is mentioned in the Bible is well-established fact. The modern day "Book of Jasher," however, was "translated" by Mormons in the 1800s. Remember, they are the ones that translated the Egyptian funeral messages into the "Book of Abraham," etc. with their "Urim and Thummim." No one really knows where they got their source manuscripts. I don't know how to say this gently, so I'll just say it: the "Book of Jasher" which we have today is a fraud. It is certainly not inspired, and I have personally found it to be in direct contradiction of the Bible in multiple places, including dates, events, and the spirit in which it is written. It is a novel which, perhaps, was hoped to bring in some money for someone. Like the Book of Mormon, it follows an old-English style of writing calculated to make the reader sense its ancient authenticity. The "Book of Jasher" reads much like the KJV, except that it has more of a "superman" comic style of recounting the events of history. If another thread does not already exist on this fraudulent book, perhaps we could create one to evaluate it objectively. In any case, it is not Scripture, it is not the same book that we find mentioned in the Bible, and anyone who puts his or her trust in it is placing confidence in quicksand.

(If an archeologist ever discovers the true book of Jasher, I'm open to seeing it and accepting it, provided that it is verified to agree with the Bible.)

More to the subject, the "nephilim" were simply those of large stature, like Adam and Eve were, and perhaps even larger. They were 100% human, and there is no such thing as a reproductive angel. Angels are not gifted with genitals, do not marry, and cannot procreate. They are not made of flesh as we are. We know this from both the Bible and from the writings of Mrs. White.

Think about it. In all of the inspired writings we have at our disposal, when have you ever heard of an "angelette" or a "baby angel?" When have we ever heard about "immature angels" or "angel families?" When have we heard about "mother angels" or "daddy angels?" We have not heard of these because they simply do not exist, nor have they ever existed.

Our planet has received a special gift. The ability to procreate, a symbol of God's own creative ability, is a gift which we have been given. "The prince of evil, though possessing all the wisdom and might of an angel fallen, has not power to create, or to give life" (EGW). "The words of Christ are too plain to be misunderstood. They should forever settle the question of marriages and births in the new earth. Neither those who shall be raised from the dead, nor those who shall be translated without seeing death, will marry or be given in marriage. They will be as the angels of God, members of the royal family." {MM 99.4}

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
I have to agree, we must not use these types of sources, or we loose our foundation, and drift into confusion.

Re: Who were the 'spirits in prison'? [Re: Green Cochoa] #150124
02/27/13 01:15 PM
02/27/13 01:15 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Elle, With all due respect, I was not saying you were parleying with the devil, I was only pointing out that we are instructed not to do so as one example of de-focusing the devil. The Bible spends almost no time speaking of the devil or in glorifying his victories. Certainly the devil has had many victories on earth, but the Bible does not focus on them. Why? I believe that our focus should also not be upon the devil nor upon his strengths, his victories, etc.
??? Point to me where I focused on the devil. Your side-tracking on the discussion. We were talking about the Nephilim by which Rick brought up the question. Not me. I only shared with him what I knew up to now about it.
You hold an unbiblical view of the Nephilim. I have not chosen to address it in this thread, because I have already addressed it with you in discussions we had many months ago.
My view on the Nephilim being offsprings of the angels that left their abode crossed with daughters of men has more biblical support then your view. The only difference between my view and your view, is your view is the view of the Church and you have lots of support.
I did notice that you supported some of your views in this thread with the "Book of Jasher."
I did not. What I quoted was the view of Stephen Jones. And his view is totally supported with the Bible. He used the book of Jasher only once and it was not to support his position of the Nephilim. Here’s the quote
Originally Posted By: Part of Stephen Jones study of the Giants
…Gen 32:3 “ Then Jacob sent messengers before him to his brother Esau in the land of Seir, the country of Edom.

After the brothers had reconciled, Esau returned to Seir (Gen. 33:16), where he obviously had settled during the time Jacob was with Laban. The book of Jasher 30:26 tells us the reason. Esau's flocks and herds were too great, and his herdsmen were disputing with the Canaanites. So Esau moved permanently to Seir, being allied with the Horites.

Isaac died 23 years later, and according to Jasher 47, his estate (wealth) was taken by Esau in exchange for the land of Canaan, which was given to Jacob. We are also told in Jasher 57 that after the death of Jacob and Esau, the sons of Esau had a falling out with the Horites. The Horites asked them to leave their territory, at which time, the sons of Esau wiped out the Horites and took Mount Seir for themselves as their inheritance (57:36).

Since the Bible does not record the circumstances by which Edom came to possess Mount Seir, we must rely upon the book of Jasher for that information.

From this, I see you did not read the study at all and only looked for something to discredit my view that you didn’t agree from the beginning. It’s ok to not agree with someone’s view, however, it’s not ok to pretend you read something and bring false judgment on someone. The rule of bringing any judgment on anyone, is you need to do a thorough investigation first and pray for proper discernment and give a true judgment that resonate from above. If you didn’t want to do the thorough investigation, then it's wise to reframe from saying anything.
Originally Posted By: GC
That the book of Jasher is mentioned in the Bible is well-established fact. The modern day "Book of Jasher," however, was "translated" by Mormons in the 1800s. Remember, they are the ones that translated the Egyptian funeral messages into the "Book of Abraham," etc. with their "Urim and Thummim." No one really knows where they got their source manuscripts. I don't know how to say this gently, so I'll just say it: the "Book of Jasher" which we have today is a fraud.
I am aware that lots of copies of the book of Jasher is tempered with. However, there is one copy that is not and Stephen Jones and another who is SDA has examine thoroughly and it does not contradict the Bible. I have read the large part of it, and up to now I have not come across anything contradicting the Bible either, nor came across the allegation you made against it.

It is not an inspirational book like the Bible and it shouldn’t be read in that way, however, it serves as a historical source. This is the way Stephen Jones always uses that book when he seldom has to refer to it.
It is certainly not inspired, and I have personally found it to be in direct contradiction of the Bible in multiple places, including dates, events, and the spirit in which it is written.
Your judgment is based on reading tempered books of Jasher. I have the good copy which I will provide it in the discussion you opened on the topic when I'll have time. That way everyone can read it if they want and see for themselves. Again, if you are to make a true judgment that is approve from above, the Lord expects us to do a thorough investigation. So I’ll be looking forward to read your comments of your thorough investigation of the version I got here.
More to the subject, the "nephilim" were simply those of large stature, like Adam and Eve were, and perhaps even larger. They were 100% human, and there is no such thing as a reproductive angel.
You are twisting the text to say something the Bible doesn’t say and is very specific saying that the product of this crossing produced GIANTS(Nephilim) not just simply bigger people. They were much bigger than the average height of the people of those days which means they were bigger than Adam and Eve or any of their children. And after the flood, the descendants of the Nephilim where bigger than the people in their days. And the Israelites were very afraid of these giants after they spied on the land.

The logic that the “sons of God” were Seth children doesn’t justify how the offsprings became giants. Cain’s or Seth’s children genetic makeup were all the same.

BTW. the Bible is very specific and it says that the "sons of God" took the "daughters of Adam" and not the offsprings of Seth.
Originally Posted By: Stephen Jones study
Genesis 6:2 also says that these sons of God took “the daughters of men” as wives and produced children by them. The Hebrew word for “men” is awdawm, or Adam, which is the usual word for men or mankind. When the Bible refers to the man Adam himself, it says ha-awdawm, or “the (man) Adam.” The article “the” makes the term specific. Dr. Bullinger points out in The Companion Bible, Appendix 14,

Adam, without the article, denotes man or mankind in general (Gen. 1:26; 2:5; 5:1). With the article, it denotes the man, Adam....”

With this in mind, let us read Genesis 6:1, 2,

1 Now it came about, when Adam [ha-awdawm] began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them [Adam and Eve, Gen. 1:27; 5:2] 2 that the sons of God saw that the daughters of Adam [ha-awdawm] were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.

Adam and Eve had both sons and daughters. Adam’s daughters were beautiful, and these angels took them as wives. Verse 4 says that they had children by them. Ultimately, the earth was so corrupted by this genetic mixture that God sent the flood to destroy them. Only Noah was found to be “perfect in his genealogy” (Gen. 6:9, literal).

They are not made of flesh as we are. We know this from both the Bible and from the writings of Mrs. White.
Maybe from EGW, but not the Bible. The Bible has recorded angels appearing as man(human flesh) multiple times.
Angels are not gifted with genitals
How do you know? Have you seen an angels manifested in human flesh and checked? We know that they have eaten with Abraham and Lot. Now does angels have stomachs? How were they able to eat? And where did the food go?

We also have as Biblical source the follwoing :

Jude 6 And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day.

"Jude then relates the fallen angels to Sodom and Gomorrah, where the people indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh” (Jude 7). The term “strange flesh” simply means foreign flesh—that is, in the Biblical sense, forbidden sexual relations or marriages. The angels were not allowed to marry the daughters of men, even as the men of Sodom were not allowed to marry other men in homosexual unions"

Blessings
Re: Who were the 'spirits in prison'? [Re: Elle] #150125
02/27/13 03:27 PM
02/27/13 03:27 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Elle
Elle, With all due respect, I was not saying you were parleying with the devil, I was only pointing out that we are instructed not to do so as one example of de-focusing the devil. The Bible spends almost no time speaking of the devil or in glorifying his victories. Certainly the devil has had many victories on earth, but the Bible does not focus on them. Why? I believe that our focus should also not be upon the devil nor upon his strengths, his victories, etc.
??? Point to me where I focused on the devil. Your side-tracking on the discussion. We were talking about the Nephilim by which Rick brought up the question. Not me. I only shared with him what I knew up to now about it.
You hold an unbiblical view of the Nephilim. I have not chosen to address it in this thread, because I have already addressed it with you in discussions we had many months ago.
My view on the Nephilim being offsprings of the angels that left their abode crossed with daughters of men has more biblical support then your view. The only difference between my view and your view, is your view is the view of the Church and you have lots of support.
I did notice that you supported some of your views in this thread with the "Book of Jasher."
I did not. What I quoted was the view of Stephen Jones. And his view is totally supported with the Bible. He used the book of Jasher only once and it was not to support his position of the Nephilim. Here’s the quote
…Gen 32:3 “ Then Jacob sent messengers before him to his brother Esau in the land of Seir, the country of Edom.

After the brothers had reconciled, Esau returned to Seir (Gen. 33:16), where he obviously had settled during the time Jacob was with Laban. The book of Jasher 30:26 tells us the reason. Esau's flocks and herds were too great, and his herdsmen were disputing with the Canaanites. So Esau moved permanently to Seir, being allied with the Horites.

Isaac died 23 years later, and according to Jasher 47, his estate (wealth) was taken by Esau in exchange for the land of Canaan, which was given to Jacob. We are also told in Jasher 57 that after the death of Jacob and Esau, the sons of Esau had a falling out with the Horites. The Horites asked them to leave their territory, at which time, the sons of Esau wiped out the Horites and took Mount Seir for themselves as their inheritance (57:36).

Since the Bible does not record the circumstances by which Edom came to possess Mount Seir, we must rely upon the book of Jasher for that information.

From this, I see you did not read the study at all and only looked for something to discredit my view that you didn’t agree from the beginning. It’s ok to not agree with someone’s view, however, it’s not ok to pretend you read something and bring false judgment on someone. The rule of bringing any judgment on anyone, is you need to do a thorough investigation first and pray for proper discernment and give a true judgment that resonate from above. If you didn’t want to do the thorough investigation, then it's wise to reframe from saying anything.
That the book of Jasher is mentioned in the Bible is well-established fact. The modern day "Book of Jasher," however, was "translated" by Mormons in the 1800s. Remember, they are the ones that translated the Egyptian funeral messages into the "Book of Abraham," etc. with their "Urim and Thummim." No one really knows where they got their source manuscripts. I don't know how to say this gently, so I'll just say it: the "Book of Jasher" which we have today is a fraud.
I am aware that lots of copies of the book of Jasher is tempered with. However, there is one copy that is not and Stephen Jones and another who is SDA has examine thoroughly and it does not contradict the Bible. I have read the large part of it, and up to now I have not come across anything contradicting the Bible either, nor came across the allegation you made against it.

It is not an inspirational book like the Bible and it shouldn’t be read in that way, however, it serves as a historical source. This is the way Stephen Jones always uses that book when he seldom has to refer to it.
It is certainly not inspired, and I have personally found it to be in direct contradiction of the Bible in multiple places, including dates, events, and the spirit in which it is written.
Your judgment is based on reading tempered books of Jasher. I have the good copy which I will provide it in the discussion you opened on the topic when I'll have time. That way everyone can read it if they want and see for themselves. Again, if you are to make a true judgment that is approve from above, the Lord expects us to do a thorough investigation. So I’ll be looking forward to read your comments of your thorough investigation of the version I got here.
More to the subject, the "nephilim" were simply those of large stature, like Adam and Eve were, and perhaps even larger. They were 100% human, and there is no such thing as a reproductive angel.
You are twisting the text to say something the Bible doesn’t say and is very specific saying that the product of this crossing produced GIANTS(Nephilim) not just simply bigger people. They were much bigger than the average height of the people of those days which means they were bigger than Adam and Eve or any of their children. And after the flood, the descendants of the Nephilim where bigger than the people in their days. And the Israelites were very afraid of these giants after they spied on the land.

The logic that the “sons of God” were Seth children doesn’t justify how the offsprings became giants. Cain’s or Seth’s children genetic makeup were all the same.

BTW. the Bible is very specific and it says that the "sons of God" took the "daughters of Adam" and not the offsprings of Seth.
Genesis 6:2 also says that these sons of God took “the daughters of men” as wives and produced children by them. The Hebrew word for “men” is awdawm, or Adam, which is the usual word for men or mankind. When the Bible refers to the man Adam himself, it says ha-awdawm, or “the (man) Adam.” The article “the” makes the term specific. Dr. Bullinger points out in The Companion Bible, Appendix 14,

Adam, without the article, denotes man or mankind in general (Gen. 1:26; 2:5; 5:1). With the article, it denotes the man, Adam....”

1 Now it came about, when Adam [ha-awdawm] began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them [Adam and Eve, Gen. 1:27; 5:2] 2 that the sons of God saw that the daughters of Adam [ha-awdawm] were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.

Adam and Eve had both sons and daughters. Adam’s daughters were beautiful, and these angels took them as wives. Verse 4 says that they had children by them. Ultimately, the earth was so corrupted by this genetic mixture that God sent the flood to destroy them. Only Noah was found to be “perfect in his genealogy” (Gen. 6:9, literal).

They are not made of flesh as we are. We know this from both the Bible and from the writings of Mrs. White.
Maybe from EGW, but not the Bible. The Bible has recorded angels appearing as man(human flesh) multiple times.
How do you know? Have you seen an angels manifested in human flesh and checked? We know that they have eaten with Abraham and Lot. Now does angels have stomachs? How were they able to eat? And where did the food go?

Jude 6 And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day.

"Jude then relates the fallen angels to Sodom and Gomorrah, where the people indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh” (Jude 7). The term “strange flesh” simply means foreign flesh—that is, in the Biblical sense, forbidden sexual relations or marriages. The angels were not allowed to marry the daughters of men, even as the men of Sodom were not allowed to marry other men in homosexual unions"
I really meant to direct the question on the Nephilim within SOP and Scripture, as I know what direction some people have taken this, I should have been less open ended in my question. You can blame it on me........

Re: Who were the 'spirits in prison'? [Re: Rick H] #150127
02/27/13 04:34 PM
02/27/13 04:34 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Rick H

I really meant to direct the question on the Nephilim within SOP and Scripture, as I know what direction some people have taken this, I should have been less open ended in my question. You can blame it on me........
Scriptures were always used instead of one incidence where I quote Stephen Jones which he used the book of Jasher to see why Essau came to the land of Seir. Besides that, all his references were Biblical. I always heavily use the Bible(KJV) and look up the Greek and Hebrew origin words many time to make sure we have the real original say of the text. It is true that I don't quote the SOP by which I believe EGW and James didn't want us to use her writings as authority.

You've done nothing wrong Rick and you don't need to take the blame for what has happened. There's nothing wrong with this discussion and the way it turned. That's the nature of discussions and good in dept studies; we don't know where the Lord will lead it. I have been here on this forum for 4 years and GC knows me and many others quite well. We've been in many discussion.

I appreciate the gesture though Rick.

On my first post in this discussion you said the following :
Quote:
Very good post Elle, as Adventist, any verses pf 'fallen angels' being held in restraint or 'prison' sounds like the Greek myths of Hades, so its difficult for us and we tend to shy away or try to spiritualize, or evem turn a blind eye to some parts of the Bible which we cant make fit. Thus the dilemna with these verses from Peter....

This blind eye that you refered to is a serious problem in our church. It is a product of heart idols. We all have some and Jesus works to expose them for they are very settle. If we become aware of them, then they won't be as powerful to distort scriptures and the true gospel message.

However, we are indeed a Laodicean Church in all aspects. And blindness is one of her characteristics. I have lightly address this issue in these discussions here and here.

It would need to be further address as this is making us not able to hear Jesus and even recognize His voice which makes us totally unable to follow Him.

Blessings
Re: Who were the 'spirits in prison'? [Re: Rick H] #150129
02/27/13 04:39 PM
02/27/13 04:39 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
(Here I will say that I was wrong in an earlier post, it was the Sadducees not the pharisees who taught in the days of Jesus)

In an attempt to ridicule in an uncouth way you asked how I know if Satan and angels have genitals, but you expose yourself. Jesus was adamant to refute the assertions of the Sadducees and told them they do not know scripture because they believed similar to what you are teaching and said it is evidence that they were not in Christ.

..."The Sadducees reasoned that if the body is to be composed of the same particles of matter in its immortal as in its mortal state, then when raised from the dead it must have flesh and blood, and must resume in the eternal world the life interrupted on earth. In that case they concluded that earthly relationships would be resumed, husband and wife would be reunited, marriages consummated, and all things go on the same as before death, the frailties and passions of this life being perpetuated in the life beyond. {DA 605.3}
In answer to their questions, Jesus lifted the veil from the future life. “In the resurrection,” He said, “they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.” He showed that the Sadducees were wrong in their belief. Their premises were false. “Ye do err,” He added, “not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God.” He did not charge them, as He had charged the Pharisees, with hypocrisy, but with error of belief. {DA 605.4}
The Sadducees had flattered themselves that they of all men adhered most strictly to the Scriptures. But Jesus showed that they had not known their true meaning. That knowledge must be brought home to the heart by the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit. Their ignorance of the Scriptures and the power of God He declared to be the cause of their confusion of faith and darkness of mind. They were seeking to bring the mysteries of God within the compass of their finite reasoning. Christ called upon them to open their minds to those sacred truths that would broaden and strengthen the understanding. Thousands become infidels because their finite minds cannot comprehend the mysteries of God. {DA 605.5}

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Who were the 'spirits in prison'? [Re: Elle] #150131
02/27/13 04:54 PM
02/27/13 04:54 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Rick H
[quote=Green Cochoa]Elle, With all due respect, I was not saying you were parleying with the devil, I was only pointing out that we are instructed not to do so as one example of de-focusing the devil. The Bible spends almost no time speaking of the devil or in glorifying his victories. Certainly the devil has had many victories on earth, but the Bible does not focus on them. Why? I believe that our focus should also not be upon the devil nor upon his strengths, his victories, etc.

Scriptures were always used instead of one incidence where I quote Stephen Jones which he used the book of Jasher to see why Essau came to the land of Seir. Besides that, all his references were Biblical. I always heavily use the Bible(KJV) and look up the Greek and Hebrew origin words many time to make sure we have the real original say of the text. It is true that I don't quote the SOP by which I believe EGW and James didn't want us to use her writings as authority.

You've done nothing wrong Rick and you don't need to take the blame for what has happened. There's nothing wrong with this discussion and the way it turned. That's the nature of discussions and good in dept studies; we don't know where the Lord will lead it. I have been here on this forum for 4 years and GC knows me and many others quite well. We've been in many discussion.

I appreciate the gesture though Rick.

On my first post in this discussion you said the following :
Quote:
Very good post Elle, as Adventist, any verses pf 'fallen angels' being held in restraint or 'prison' sounds like the Greek myths of Hades, so its difficult for us and we tend to shy away or try to spiritualize, or evem turn a blind eye to some parts of the Bible which we cant make fit. Thus the dilemna with these verses from Peter....

This blind eye that you refered to is a serious problem in our church. It is a product of heart idols. We all have some and Jesus works to expose them for they are very settle. If we become aware of them, then they won't be as powerful to distort scriptures and the true gospel message.

However, we are indeed a Laodicean Church in all aspects. And blindness is one of her characteristics. I have lightly address this issue in these discussions here and here.

It would need to be further address as this is making us not able to hear Jesus and even recognize His voice which makes us totally unable to follow Him.

Elle, and everyone here. I brought these verses, because Ellen White does make clear that many truths will be unveiled in the end. And this issue of 'spirits in prison' appears in many ways to go against what we as Adventist believe. So I have been trying to gain more understanding, but as you can see it can stir up quite a hornets nest. But the burden is on the student of scripture to bring up what is there, and the Greek text causes issues, and we as Adventist should never be afraid to tackle scripture and see what it tells us. I feel that much more is needed before we can see clearly what Peter was saying and how it applies, and thus I appreciate everyones input. However, I ask that everyone post and answer with good form and intent, to elevate not put down their fellowman (or woman) and call into question their beliefs and faith in God. God is glorified and pleased when we study His word, and when we do it in fellowship and love....

Rick

Last edited by Rick H; 02/27/13 05:03 PM.
Re: Who were the 'spirits in prison'? [Re: Rick H] #150146
02/27/13 10:21 PM
02/27/13 10:21 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
The reason the view that the "nephilim" cannot be descendents of fallen angels is that they are said to be descendents of the "daughters of men" (clearly speaking of humanity) and of the "sons of God" (clearly not referring to evil angels, but those who are on God's side).

If the "sons of God" refers to evil angels in any place in the Bible or in the writings of Mrs. White, I am ignorant of it and would like to be shown the statement.

This is a very simple explanation as to why the view of fallen angels mating with women is unbiblical. The Bible, as Mrs. White says, is simply too plain to be misunderstood on this point.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Who were the 'spirits in prison'? [Re: Green Cochoa] #150155
02/28/13 03:54 AM
02/28/13 03:54 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: jsot
Satan does not have human flesh, or testicles and you are totally whack for teaching this garbage.
Who said they have human flesh? I will accept your appology.
Satan has angelic flesh that can appear as anything he wants to us mortals,
Please provide your support quotation.
He lives outside of our realm of contention so the fight is futile unless you have the power of the Almighty on your side.
if they are outside our realm as you say, then how are we even bothered by him?

In the end God permits Satan to manifest himself as the ultimate form of his own delusion and so scripture says "God sends strong delusions"
Yes, I've read some people who have strong delusions.

What Mrs White is describing in the quote you used about Satan is how God sees Satan,
Actually, I think she is describing him as SHE sees him.
.. receding hairline and his age is apparent because he has not eaten from the tree of life in over 6,000 years.
I'm sure you will have a quote that supports your claim that he was ever required to eat of the tree of life. He may have! But I know of no support for this theory. Please, provide a source. It would be good to have.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Who were the 'spirits in prison'? [Re: APL] #150158
02/28/13 08:49 AM
02/28/13 08:49 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
The following quote seems relevant at this point of our discussion.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Agitate, agitate, agitate! The subjects which we present to the world must be to us a living reality. It is important that in defending the doctrines which we consider fundamental articles of faith, we should never allow ourselves to employ arguments that are not wholly sound. These may avail to silence an opposer, but they do not honor the truth. We should present sound arguments, that will not only silence our opponents, but will bear the closest and most searching scrutiny. . . . {CW 40.3}

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/06/24 12:53 AM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/05/24 09:41 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 08/28/24 02:39 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by Rick H. 09/07/24 09:49 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/05/24 09:37 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
The Beginning and Ending of the Sabbath
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:12 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!