HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,066
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Dina, dedication, 1 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: APL] #153443
06/21/13 03:45 AM
06/21/13 03:45 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
Away from the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil, Adam and Eve would have had no temptation. Other worlds also have the same tree. They never fell because they never ate from the tree, quoting EGW. The arch deceiver had access to all the heavenly hosts. At the death of Christ, the questions about God were answered, the rest of the universe saw the arch deceiver unmasked. Only on this planet there sin. Is there evil anywhere else? No. It is written:
James 1:12-17
12 Blessed is the man that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempts he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, brings forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brothers.
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no ficklenss, neither shadow of turning.

I am well aware that other planets have not joined Satan's rebellion against God. But they still have had access to the option to do so via the trees of knowledge of good and evil. In other words, every being in this universe has been tempted and annoyed by Satan. They have not all, fortunately, sinned. But the temptation has been there to eat of a novel and knowledge-giving fruit.

After Christ comes, Satan will be confined to this planet and will no more have the liberty to tempt anyone on other planets nor in Heaven.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
The earth looked like a desolate wilderness. Cities and villages, shaken down by the earthquake, lay in heaps. Mountains had been moved out of their places, leaving large caverns. Ragged rocks, thrown out by the sea, or torn out of the earth itself, were scattered all over its surface. Large trees had been uprooted and were strewn over the land. Here is to be the home of Satan with his evil angels for a thousand years. Here he will be confined, to wander up and down over the broken surface of the earth and see the effects of his rebellion against God's law. For a thousand years he can enjoy the fruit of the curse which he has caused. Limited alone to the earth, he will not have the privilege of ranging to other planets, to tempt and annoy those who have not fallen. During this time, Satan suffers extremely. Since his fall his evil traits have been in constant exercise. But he is then to be deprived of his power, and left to reflect upon the part which he has acted since his fall, and to look forward with trembling and terror to the dreadful future, when he must suffer for all the evil that he has done and be punished for all the sins that he has caused to be committed. {EW 290.1}

I heard shouts of triumph from the angels and from the redeemed saints, which sounded like ten thousand musical instruments, because they were to be no more annoyed and tempted by Satan and because the inhabitants of other worlds were delivered from his presence and his temptations. {EW 290.2}

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: APL] #153461
06/21/13 01:06 PM
06/21/13 01:06 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
HOW??? What is acquired? HOW are they innate?

I'm not understanding your purpose, but anyway.
Appetites and passions - every human being is born with them - some inherent to our human condition (hunger, thirst, sex, anger, fear, ambition, etc.) some sinful (also called sinful tendencies). Some of these sinful tendencies (sinful appetites/passions) are acquired. Sinful tendencies are a perversion of legitimate passions and appetites, and produce sinful desires. For instance, the desires of a pedophile, of a homosexual, of a drug addict, of a smoker, of an alcoholic, are clear examples of desires produced by perverted appetites/passions.

Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: Rosangela] #153466
06/21/13 02:58 PM
06/21/13 02:58 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
R: "I'm not understanding your purpose, but anyway. ..." "every human being is born with them" - if we are born with them, then where did the come from?

Are all "sinful appetites/passions" acquired? This is in interesting assumption, but is it true? Are all sex drives pure, but then we acquire perverted drives? Do alcoholic tendencies run in families? If so, are they only environment driven?

NOTE TO GREEN - This is on topic...

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: APL] #153470
06/21/13 03:27 PM
06/21/13 03:27 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Green made the statement:
Originally Posted By: green
Are you saying that those on unfallen worlds are never tempted?
I never said other worlds were never tempted. Satan had access to them, angels directly, other worlds via a tree of knowledge... My reply was I do not believe that other world are being tempted NOW. This is because Satan has been unmasked by the Cross. Satan is the cause of all sickness, disease and death, not God. Proven at the Cross.

I am well aware that other planets have not joined Satan's rebellion against God. But they still have had access to the option to do so via the trees of knowledge of good and evil. In other words, every being in this universe has been tempted and annoyed by Satan. They have not all, fortunately, sinned. But the temptation has been there to eat of a novel and knowledge-giving fruit.

After Christ comes, Satan will be confined to this planet and will no more have the liberty to tempt anyone on other planets nor in Heaven.
Satan is the tempter. As I said, I do not believe that any other world is now being tempted because Satan has been unmasked, no one will listen to him. WE on the other hand, have sin. We are tempted by our own evil desires which come to us a children of Adam. Take Satan out of the way right now, will not cure our own problem. There is no way on our own, we can overcome. WE need a remedy. Christ came, shared our nature, and overcame for us. He was made to be sin, He took our nature. It was not some fancy paper work or pretending, it was not some skillful legal manuver, it was real. Sin is real and physical.
Originally Posted By: EGW
It is Satan's constant effort to misrepresent the character of God, the nature of sin, and the real issues at stake in the great controversy. {GC 569.1}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: APL] #153482
06/22/13 01:36 AM
06/22/13 01:36 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
My reply was I do not believe that other world are being tempted NOW.

APL, This is an interesting statement to make after I had already posted support from Mrs. White to the fact that other worlds still have Satan to tempt and to annoy them up until the time Satan is bound for the duration of the millennium.

Are you reading the statements I post? I hope I am not merely wasting time in these discussions. To be honest, I'm about ready to leave off discussing these truths with you, for I have not sensed that you are open to them.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: Green Cochoa] #153486
06/22/13 02:34 AM
06/22/13 02:34 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
APL, This is an interesting statement to make after I had already posted support from Mrs. White to the fact that other worlds still have Satan to tempt and to annoy them up until the time Satan is bound for the duration of the millennium.
Perhaps you would like refresh you memory by re-reading the thread. You make the statement: #153341 "Are you saying that those on unfallen worlds are never tempted? "

I replied: #153345 "Satan is the author of sin, he is the tempter. The only place Adam and Eve could have been tempted was at the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil. Do you disagree Green? Remove Satan, and temptation goes away. When Satan was cast out, there was no longer any temptations in heaven. "

To this you replied, as if you had not read what I wrote: #153392 "Do you believe here on earth is the only place where temptations have existed? "

Did you read my statement? I don't think so. Or you chose to ignore it.

There was then a short exchange with Rosangela where she said temptations come from within, but could not answer the question as to where these temptations come from.

You said in #153443 " But the temptation has been there to eat of a novel and knowledge-giving fruit. "

I reiterated my position #153470, "I never said other worlds were never tempted. Satan had access to them, angels directly, other worlds via a tree of knowledge... My reply was I do not believe that other world are being tempted NOW. This is because Satan has been unmasked by the Cross. Satan is the cause of all sickness, disease and death, not God. Proven at the Cross. "

To this you state: #153482 "APL, This is an interesting statement to make after I had already posted support from Mrs. White  "

Now, is this a correct statement? So whom is not reading whom?

You then say, "To be honest, I'm about ready to leave off discussing these truths with you, for I have not sensed that you are open to them. "

I'm open to clear and logical Biblical and SOP evidence. You have chosen to ignore clear and logical statements by EGW in other threads. If you do not want to respond to my comments, that is your prerogative.

Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: APL] #153496
06/22/13 11:35 AM
06/22/13 11:35 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
APL,

Your statement that...

As I said, I do not believe that any other world is now being tempted because Satan has been unmasked, no one will listen to him.

...came after I posted this from Mrs. White:

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Here is to be the home of Satan with his evil angels for a thousand years. Here he will be confined, to wander up and down over the broken surface of the earth and see the effects of his rebellion against God's law. For a thousand years he can enjoy the fruit of the curse which he has caused. Limited alone to the earth, he will not have the privilege of ranging to other planets, to tempt and annoy those who have not fallen. During this time, Satan suffers extremely. Since his fall his evil traits have been in constant exercise. But he is then to be deprived of his power, and left to reflect upon the part which he has acted since his fall, and to look forward with trembling and terror to the dreadful future, when he must suffer for all the evil that he has done and be punished for all the sins that he has caused to be committed. {EW 290.1}

I heard shouts of triumph from the angels and from the redeemed saints, which sounded like ten thousand musical instruments, because they were to be no more annoyed and tempted by Satan and because the inhabitants of other worlds were delivered from his presence and his temptations. {EW 290.2}

...which tells me that the other worlds are still being pestered by Satan in the here and now, and that you may not have read what I posted.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: Green Cochoa] #153501
06/22/13 02:40 PM
06/22/13 02:40 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
...which tells me that the other worlds are still being pestered by Satan in the here and now
To which I will say, John 12:31-32 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. 32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all to me. "ALL" - the whole universe. To which EGW will comment:
Satan saw that his disguise was torn away. His administration was laid open before the unfallen angels and before the heavenly universe. He had revealed himself as a murderer. By shedding the blood of the Son of God, he had uprooted himself from the sympathies of the heavenly beings. Henceforth his work was restricted. Whatever attitude he might assume, he could no longer await the angels as they came from the heavenly courts, and before them accuse Christ's brethren of being clothed with the garments of blackness and the defilement of sin. The last link of sympathy between Satan and the heavenly world was broken. {DA 761.2}
So no, I do not think that Satan is tempting anyone else except us, because even if he did have access to them, and was harassing them, they know the truth. And note WHO shed the blood of Christ? Why do people still insist that God executed Christ?

Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: APL] #153505
06/22/13 04:22 PM
06/22/13 04:22 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
if we are born with them, then where did the come from?

We've inherited them.

Quote:
Are all "sinful appetites/passions" acquired? This is in interesting assumption, but is it true? Are all sex drives pure, but then we acquire perverted drives?

No, I don't think all sinful appetites/passions are acquired. Many of them are inherited. But, whether acquired or inherited, all of them are perversions of legitimate drives God implanted in human beings.

Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: Rosangela] #153507
06/22/13 05:27 PM
06/22/13 05:27 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: rosangela
We've inherited them.
Then let me ask this question - were our internal temptations to sin initially created by God, is God responsible for this perverted appetites/passions? The answer is clearly NO for God is not responsible for the origin or continuation of sin (DA 58.1). If we inherit them, then they are genetic and/or epigenetic, and if God did not create them, then they were added. Christ was made to be sin and He carried our sin in His body, He had our sickness (2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:24; Isaiah 53:3-4). Sin is the disease, all the behaviors are symptoms. Murder, lying, stealing, adultery, gossips, boasters, disobedient to parents, child abuse, etc., symptoms. The disease is the corruption of what God has made. Christ had our sickness, but NEVER participated in it, He was spotless.
In His life on earth, Christ developed a perfect character, He rendered perfect obedience to His Father's commandments. In coming to the world in human form, in becoming subject to the law, in revealing to men that He bore their sickness, their sorrow, their guilt, He did not become a sinner. Before the Pharisees He could say, "Which of you convinceth me of sin?" Not one stain of sin was found upon Him. He stood before the world the spotless Lamb of God.--The Youth's Instructor, Dec. 29, 1898. {3SM 133.3}
Christ came to the earth, taking humanity and standing as man's representative, to show in the controversy with Satan that he was a liar, and that man, as God created him, connected with the Father and the Son, could obey every requirement of God. Speaking through His servant He declares, "His commandments are not grievous." It was sin that separated man from his God, and it is sin that maintains this separation. {16MR 115.2}
What a sight was this for heaven to look upon. Christ, who knew not the least moral taint or defilement of sin, took our nature in its deteriorated condition. {16MR 115.3}
There was not a drop of bitter woe which He did not taste, not a part of the curse which He did not endure, that He might bring many sons and daughters to God. {16MR 116.1}
By taking upon Himself man's nature in its fallen condition, Christ did not in the least participate in its sin. He was subject to the infirmities and weaknesses of the flesh with which humanity is encompassed, "that it might be fulfilled that was spoken by the prophet Esaias, Himself took our infirmities and bare our sicknesses." He was touched with the feeling of our infirmities, and was in all points tempted like as we are. And yet He was without a spot. {16MR 116.3}
As our pioneers said, the flesh was full of sin. "Our human nature is a sinful nature—a nature full of sin."
Originally Posted By: EJW
There are many people, even Christians, who wonder why it is that in the prayer that Jesus taught his disciples to pray, there is the petition constantly for the forgiveness of sins, when it is taught, and provided and expected, that His disciples shall not sin at all. This petition is in that prayer for this very purpose that we shall not sin, and as the sure defense against our sinning. Sin is in us. Our human nature is a sinful nature—a nature full of sin. Yet though this be ever true, as surely as we recognize, and acknowledge, and confess it, and offer the Offering that is ever acceptable to God, so surely the sin is forgiven and we are made "partakers of the divine nature;" and the sin of our human nature is not manifested, but the righteousness of the divine nature is made manifest instead. {August 12, 1908 ATJ, MEDM 646.3}
Christ took our nature! He was made to be Sin for us. He overcame for us, taking our nature, and never particpating in its sin.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/13/24 12:51 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!