HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,067
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Dina, 1 invisible), 1,994 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: APL] #153550
06/23/13 08:55 AM
06/23/13 08:55 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
It is so interesting how you twist questions. How do you do that?

"Do I think it is essential for us to be tempted?" Huh? Where does this come from?

Rosangela gave the answer for us here on earth - our internal temptations come to us as an inheritance. Our sinful flesh tempts us. Satan tempts us. Is that hard to understand?

APL,

I don't understand it either. You said "The temptation is now inherent to the individual." You then defined "inherent" to mean "existing as an essential constituent or characteristic."

Putting the two together (and I'm just doing the logical "math" here), I find APL seeming to state the following:

Quote:
The temptation is now 'existing as an essential constituent' to the individual.

Am I twisting what you say? Perhaps you would like to explain one of your foregoing statements differently so that I can arrive at a nearer understanding to what you believe.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: Green Cochoa] #153554
06/23/13 10:07 AM
06/23/13 10:07 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Where do temptations come from. You will agree that Satan is the source of temptions, right? At least I think you do. But there is more.
Originally Posted By: EGW
Let the heart of the instructor be linked with the hearts of those under his charge. Let him remember that they have many temptations to meet. We little realize the objectionable traits of character given to the youth as a birthright, and how often temptation comes to them as a result of this birthright. {GW 211.2}
But they can make advancement only through conflict; for there is an enemy that ever contends against them, presenting temptations to cause the soul to doubt and sin. Besides this ever vigilant foe, there are hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil that must be overcome.
So there is Satan and their is the sinful flesh, which is inherited. It is genetic. But you don't believe that, do you...
No other science is equal to that which develops in the life of the student the character of God. Those who become followers of Christ find that new motives of action are supplied, new thoughts arise, and new actions must result. But they can make advancement only through conflict; for there is an enemy who ever contends against them, presenting temptations to cause the soul to doubt and sin. There are hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil that must be overcome. Appetite and passion must be brought under the control of the Holy Spirit. There is no end to the warfare this side of eternity. But while there are constant battles to fight, there are also precious victories to gain; and the triumph over self and sin is of more value than the mind can estimate. {CT 20.2}
Satan and Heredity. DNA. And who is the source of this DNA? NOT GOD! God's works are perfect.
Christ died to elevate and ennoble them, and those who retain hereditary tendencies to wrong can not dwell with him. He suffered all that it is possible for human flesh to suffer and endure, that we might pass triumphantly through all the temptations Satan may invent to destroy our faith. {GCB, October 1, 1899 par. 9}
The heredity that tempts us, inherent in our sinful (full of sin) flesh, must be overcome. Christ overcame for us. He took our nature and overcame, for us. That pesky DNA stuff keeps popup up all over EGW's writings.
Then we are indeed "laborers together with God." We can be acceptable teachers only as we learn Christ's meekness and lowliness. Constantly we must learn more and more regarding these attributes. As we partake of the divine nature, hereditary and cultivated tendencies to wrong are cut away from the character, and we are made a living power for good. Ever learning of the divine Teacher, daily partaking of his nature, we co-operate with God in overcoming Satan's temptations. God works, and man works, that man may be one with Christ as Christ is one with God. Then we sit together with Christ in heavenly places.
Clad in the vestments of humanity, the Son of God came down to the level of those He wished to save. In Him was no guile or sinfulness; He was ever pure and undefiled; yet He took upon Him our sinful nature. {7ABC 452.6}
This is how He was made to be sin. It was in His flesh, the same fallen nature which gives us so many temptations. He took the same and overcame, for us.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: APL] #153557
06/23/13 10:27 AM
06/23/13 10:27 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Satan is not the only source of temptations, APL, at least not in my belief.

I will ask one simple question:

Who tempted Lucifer when he was perfect?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: APL] #153570
06/23/13 06:36 PM
06/23/13 06:36 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Where do temptations come from. You will agree that Satan is the source of temptions, right? At least I think you do. But there is more.

Temptation is enticement to sin, and this does not proceed from God, but from 1) Satan and from 2) the evil of our own hearts. {MB 116.2}

The problem is you believe there was evil in Christ's heart, and we disagree with you.

Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: Rosangela] #153574
06/23/13 07:44 PM
06/23/13 07:44 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Quote:

Temptation is enticement to sin, and this does not proceed from God, but from 1) Satan and from 2) the evil of our own hearts. {MB 116.2}

The problem is you believe there was evil in Christ's heart, and we disagree with you.
Christ's character was spotless. It is written: Hebrews 4:15 Our High Priest is not one who cannot feel sympathy for our weaknesses. On the contrary, we have a High Priest who was tempted in every way that we are, but did not sin.

In EVERY WAY.

By taking upon Himself man's nature in its fallen condition, Christ did not in the least participate in its sin. He was subject to the infirmities and weaknesses of the flesh with which humanity is encompassed, "that it might be fulfilled that was spoken by the prophet Esaias, Himself took our infirmities and bare our sicknesses." He was touched with the feeling of our infirmities, and was in all points tempted like as we are. And yet He was without a spot. {16MR 116.3}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: APL] #153575
06/24/13 02:52 AM
06/24/13 02:52 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
APL,

Who tempted Lucifer when he was perfect? Was it his DNA? If so, was God to blame?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: Green Cochoa] #153576
06/24/13 04:11 AM
06/24/13 04:11 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Perhaps you should read Desire of Ages page 58. God is not to blame.
Sin is a mysterious, unexplainable thing. There was no reason for its existence; to seek to explain it is to seek to give a reason for it, and that would be to justify it. Sin appeared in a perfect universe, a thing that was shown to be inexcusable and exceeding sinful. The reason of its inception or development was never explained and never can be, even at the last great day when the judgment shall sit and the books be opened, when every man shall be judged according to the deeds done in the body, when the sins of God's repentant, sanctified people shall be heaped upon the scapegoat, the originator of sin. At that day it will be evident to all that there is not, and never was, any cause for sin. At the final condemnation of Satan and his angels and of all men who have finally identified themselves with him as transgressors of God's law, every mouth will be stopped. When the hosts of rebellion, from the first great rebel to the last transgressor, are asked why they have broken the law of God, they will be speechless. There will be no answer to give, no reason to assign that will carry the least weight. {ST, April 28, 1890 par. 2}
We can not explain the existence of sin, why would Satan do what he did. But just because we can explain why, we can know what he did. He corrupted that which God had made. I highly recommend PP chap. 1, "Why was Sin Permitted?" and GC chap. 29, "The Origin of Evil". Read them multiple time. Ezekiel 28:18, and Jude 6 gives us hints. Sin corrupts and destroys what God has made. We can look at our world and see that everything has been corrupted, and how it has been corrupted.

Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: APL] #153577
06/24/13 05:18 AM
06/24/13 05:18 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I know God was not to blame.

I was asking what YOU believe. I'm glad to hear you also believe that God was not to blame. That's a good start.

Since God was not to blame, it must have had nothing to do with his "DNA" (if indeed angels even have such, which frankly I doubt). God created Lucifer to be a perfect being. God did not tempt him. And there was no "Satan" to tempt the perfect Lucifer. He came upon a realization of sin quite gradually, and almost imperceptibly, through his own thoughts and questionings of his heart.

Lucifer originated sin, without any external temptation. He was tempted, who was perfect, from within. Therefore, we, who are imperfect, have so much the more opportunity to tempt ourselves without anyone's help. However, Satan may yet receive the credit for having enticed us into sin in the first place.

You see, Christ was made to be sin for us. But there were two goats represented in the sacrificial atonement--one for the Lord, and one for Satan. Satan also receives the guilt of many sins which he himself never committed--for he will bear the sins of all those who are saved and who are not punished for their sins. Satan will receive their punishment.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: Green Cochoa] #153583
06/24/13 06:05 PM
06/24/13 06:05 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
G:I know God was not to blame.

I was asking what YOU believe. I'm glad to hear you also believe that God was not to blame. That's a good start.

A: Which tells me you have ignored most of what I've said if you are just discovering this now.

Since God was not to blame, it must have had nothing to do with his "DNA" (if indeed angels even have such, which frankly I doubt).

Can you tell me of ANY CREATED life form that does not have DNA? No. It is not a hard stretch to believe that ALL life has DNA?

God created Lucifer to be a perfect being. God did not tempt him. And there was no "Satan" to tempt the perfect Lucifer. He came upon a realization of sin quite gradually, and almost imperceptibly, through his own thoughts and questionings of his heart.

Yes, but there is more. He sought to "correct" the law of God in heaven, he wanted to supply an "amendment".

Lucifer originated sin, without any external temptation. He was tempted, who was perfect, from within. Therefore, we, who are imperfect, have so much the more opportunity to tempt ourselves without anyone's help. However, Satan may yet receive the credit for having enticed us into sin in the first place. 

You see, Christ was made to be sin for us. But there were two goats represented in the sacrificial atonement--one for the Lord, and one for Satan. Satan also receives the guilt of many sins which he himself never committed--for he will bear the sins of all those who are saved and who are not punished for their sins. Satan will receive their punishment.

Yes, Christ was made to be sin for us, and you have not said how that happens. I'm guessing you think it was symbolic or legal. That is the theme of this thread.

Yes, there were two goats. WHO do the two goats represent? They represent Christ and Satan. Christ manifested Himself to angels before before sin as an angel looking just like all the other inhabitants of heaven. They are pictured as standing on either side of the throne of God with their wings over His head. The controversy began when Lucifer realised that the other "angel" could do something he couldn't, that is, enter into the bright light which surrounded the Father and commune with Him, and he became jealous. The two covering cherubs in the most holy place were identical except that one stood at the right hand and one at the left of God. Satan, the scapegoat. The “fit” man leads the sinful goat away into the wilderness of the earth, AND LETS HIM GO TO DO WHAT HE WILL. (Revelation 20:1-3) It is no part of God’s plan to kill any of His creatures. Sin will do that from within despite His efforts to stop it. Romans 6:23; Ezekiel 28:18.

Exodus 25:18-20 And you shall make two cherubim
of gold, of beaten work shall you make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat. 19 And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on the two ends thereof. 20 And the cherubim shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be.

Ezekiel 28:14-18
14 You
are the anointed cherub that covers; and I have set you so: you were on the holy mountain of God; you have walked up and down in the middle of the stones of fire.
15 You
were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, till iniquity was found in you.
By the multitude of your merchandise they have filled the middle of you with violence, and you have sinned: therefore I will cast you as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy you, O covering cherub, from the middle of the stones of fire.
17 Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty, you have corrupted your wisdom by reason of your brightness: I will cast you to the ground, I will lay you before kings, that they may behold you.
You have defiled your sanctuaries by the multitude of your iniquities, by the iniquity of your traffic; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the middle of you, it shall devour you, and I will bring you to ashes on the earth in the sight of all them that behold you.

Satan was perfect when he was created. He corrupted his sanctuaries, by his iniquities. He corrupted himself because he thought he could be like God. And has corrupted ALL life on this planet. "
When he found that he could not be as God, he was filled with rebellion, and would not submit his will to the will of God." {ST, September 18, 1893 par. 1} Yes, Satan created sin, it is real. Christ when He manifested God to us, took our fallen sinful nature, and overcame it for us.

Re: How was Christ made to be sin? [Re: APL] #153585
06/24/13 06:49 PM
06/24/13 06:49 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Quote:

Christ's character was spotless.

According to Ellen White, there are two sources of temptation: Satan and the evil of our own hearts. If Christ didn't have any evil in His heart, it stands to reason that He could only be tempted by Satan.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/18/24 11:18 AM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!