HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily, TheophilusOne), 1,877 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: Jesus died our Second death. [Re: Mountain Man] #143868
06/29/12 02:03 AM
06/29/12 02:03 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Oh so you don't want to correct your statement since you were proven wrong? You are showing your true colors.

It takes a true child of God to admit when you have lied or misquoted someone. I guess that's too much to ask.

Mt Man, I wouldn't pursue this issue if I didn't see the truth so clearly in the VISION GOD GAVE ME. I only ask for those witnessing this to test the Spirit of the vision, this is an integral part of the last day message. It is the three days and nights 'sign of Jonah', the only sign that will be given to this wicked and adulterous generation.

Pray to God for His guidance in testing the vision by the truth, I promise in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus that you will be blessed. There is nothing wrong with this. Peace.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus died our Second death. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #143889
06/30/12 04:28 AM
06/30/12 04:28 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Praise God. As I have shared several times on this website, I have shared the vision of Jesus dying our second death in Gethsemane with many different SDA pastors including Pastor Doug Bachelor and out of them he was the one who responded most positive.

Others have used what God showed me in vision and dreams to formulate sermons before (such as Pastor Ivor Meyers) but no one has come close to listening to the whole vision like Pastor Doug did in this sermon that has just been released. Especially the Gethsemane segment (Part 2)

Part 1; Last Supper http://www.amazingfacts.org/television/everlasting-gospel/ctl/playmedia/mid/1022/mdid/2825.aspx

Part 2 Gethsemane http://www.amazingfacts.org/television/everlasting-gospel/ctl/playmedia/mid/1022/mdid/2978.aspx

Part 3 Accused and Abused http://www.amazingfacts.org/television/everlasting-gospel/ctl/playmedia/mid/1022/mdid/2998.aspx

Part 4 Calvary http://www.amazingfacts.org/television/everlasting-gospel/ctl/playmedia/mid/1022/mdid/2983.aspx

Part 5 Resurrection http://www.amazingfacts.org/television/everlasting-gospel/ctl/playmedia/mid/1022/mdid/3008.aspx

Part 6 Parting Words http://www.amazingfacts.org/television/everlasting-gospel/ctl/playmedia/mid/1022/mdid/2988.aspx

This is by far one of the best sermon series I have ever seen and I am so honored to have been part of the inspiration. Thank you Father.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus died our Second death. [Re: Mountain Man] #155097
08/16/13 02:51 AM
08/16/13 02:51 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Kland, you could be right. Jesus may have died the second death.

These are the times when a fire burns within me against SDA. THEY DO NOT READ THE BIBLE FOR THEMSELVES. The "second death" is mentioned ONLY in the book of Revelation; and it is mentioned FOUR times, in the last two of which its definition is given.

1. Revelation 2:11
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.

2. Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

3. Revelation 20:14
Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. THIS IS THE SECOND DEATH

4. Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH.

Quick question? What is the Second death? Is it:

A: Death by crucifixion?
B: Messianic Death?
C: Post-millennial lake of fire death?
D: Death pronounced 'second death' by a prophet?
E: Not well-defined for a definite answer?

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Last edited by James Peterson; 08/16/13 02:55 AM.
Re: Jesus died our Second death. [Re: James Peterson] #155098
08/16/13 04:21 AM
08/16/13 04:21 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: james

Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Quick question - what kind of death is this verse speaking about?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Jesus died our Second death. [Re: APL] #155102
08/16/13 08:22 AM
08/16/13 08:22 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: APL

Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Quick question - what kind of death is this verse speaking about?

This thread seeks to promote the idea that Jesus Christ died "the second death".

1. Did Jesus Christ fail to "overcome"?
2. Did Jesus Christ miss "the first resurrection"?
3. Was Jesus Christ cast "into the lake of fire where death and hades are"?

Last edited by James Peterson; 08/16/13 08:32 AM.
Re: Jesus died our Second death. [Re: James Peterson] #155105
08/16/13 11:17 AM
08/16/13 11:17 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

This thread seeks to promote the idea that Jesus Christ died "the second death".

Why didn't you answer the question regarding Romans 6:23 before asking other questions???

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Jesus died our Second death. [Re: Daryl] #155109
08/16/13 02:51 PM
08/16/13 02:51 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Daryl

Why didn't you answer the question regarding Romans 6:23 before asking other questions???

Rom. 6:23 is a general principle. The wages of sin IS death. But the term "death" as Paul uses it there is ambiguous. Earlier he spoke of being dead to sin (see verse 11), by which he means "be disobedient to disobedience and therefore die because of your sin against disobedience. Endure the trials for taking a stand against wrong." Space does not permit me to go into all the nuances of death to which Paul alludes in Rom.6.

Given the title of the thread, APL's question is a deviation from the topic. We are not discussing types of death but whether Jesus Christ died "THE SECOND DEATH", a term mentioned and defined for us ONLY in the Revelation; unless of course you can provide the verse elsewhere where "SECOND DEATH" is mentioned.

Last edited by James Peterson; 08/16/13 02:54 PM.
Re: Jesus died our Second death. [Re: James Peterson] #155110
08/16/13 03:39 PM
08/16/13 03:39 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
John 8:48-52 Then answered the Jews, and said to him, Say we not well that you are a Samaritan, and have a devil? 49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honor my Father, and you do dishonor me. 50 And I seek not my own glory: there is one that seeks and judges. 51 Truly, truly, I say to you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. 52 Then said the Jews to him, Now we know that you have a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and you say, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

What death is Jesus talking about???

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

What death did Jesus taste for every man???

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Jesus died our Second death. [Re: APL] #155111
08/16/13 05:02 PM
08/16/13 05:02 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
John 8:48-52 Then answered the Jews, and said to him, Say we not well that you are a Samaritan, and have a devil? 49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honor my Father, and you do dishonor me. 50 And I seek not my own glory: there is one that seeks and judges. 51 Truly, truly, I say to you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. 52 Then said the Jews to him, Now we know that you have a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and you say, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

What death is Jesus talking about???

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

What death did Jesus taste for every man???

We are born, He was born as well. We are tempted, He was tempted as well. We die, He died as well. He lives, all will live as well: but every man in his own order. As it is written, "For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one:for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren." (Heb. 2:11)

Jesus did NOT die "THE SECOND DEATH", a term mentioned and defined for us ONLY in the Revelation; unless of course you can provide the verse elsewhere where "SECOND DEATH" is mentioned. See post #155097.

4. Did Jesus Christ fail to keep His Father's word?

The answer to these three plus one questions is an emphatic NO. Jesus did not die the "SECOND DEATH".

Last edited by James Peterson; 08/16/13 05:11 PM.
Re: Jesus died our Second death. [Re: James Peterson] #155112
08/16/13 05:22 PM
08/16/13 05:22 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Hm - did you read the quotes I posted? You have ignored them. Perhaps you don't understand them. Interesting...

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!