HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,067
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Dina, 1 invisible), 1,925 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15640
09/23/05 04:39 PM
09/23/05 04:39 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
When one deals with Laodicea, there are several issues. It's not really a matter of refusing to buy what Christ is offering, as it is of not recognizing the need. To refuse the offer, one would need to be aware that an offer was being made. The Laodicean thinks he's already OK, so He doesn't need what Christ is offering, because he already sees.

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15641
09/23/05 09:02 PM
09/23/05 09:02 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Is a lukewarm laodicea saved? I would be doubtfull, recogniseing ones need of that which only Jesus can offer is essential for salvation.
Is a lukewarm laodicea lost? I wouldnt go there either. Jesus is continuously seeking the attention of this person, He is knocking on the hearts door and wont give up without a fight. Those who awaken and let Him in will be more than conquerors. Those who repeatedly reject Him risk hardening their heart beyond the point of no return, which may be what is called the unpardonable sin.

/Thomas

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15642
09/23/05 10:01 PM
09/23/05 10:01 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Ellen White has a very famous statement where she says we should not say, nor even think, in terms of being saved. It's interesting that this statement is in the same place that speaks of the Laodicean condition. Could this be because it is the same type of thinking which leads us to think we are saved that leads us to think we are not Laodicean?

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15643
09/23/05 10:26 PM
09/23/05 10:26 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
What Ellen White warned against is the idea of “once saved, always saved.” She didn’t say we shouldn’t make sure we are in a saving relationship with the Lord.

“The state of the Church represented by the foolish virgins, is also spoken of as the Laodicean state.” {RH, August 19, 1890 par. 10}

“Are we wise virgins, or must we be classed among the foolish? This is the question which we are deciding today by our character and attitude.” {RH, August 19, 1890 par. 5}

“Slumber not in a state of unpreparedness, having no oil in your vessels with your lamps.... Let not the question remain in perilous uncertainty. Ask yourselves earnestly, Am I among the saved, or the unsaved? Shall I stand, or shall I not stand?” {Mar 50.5}

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15644
09/24/05 12:12 AM
09/24/05 12:12 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
R:What Ellen White warned against is the idea of “once saved, always saved.” She didn’t say we shouldn’t make sure we are in a saving relationship with the Lord.

Tom:Of course not! What I wrote was accurate. Here's the quote:

quote:
Those who accept the Saviour, however sincere their conversion, should never be taught to say or to feel that they are saved.(COL 155)
She was talking about Peter's condition before and after he fell. Peter was saved, but he fell, due to self-confidence and a lack of perception as to his short-comings; one could call it "spiritual blindness." This spiritual blindness is the same problem Laodicea has.

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15645
09/24/05 12:27 AM
09/24/05 12:27 AM
razorren  Offline
Bahamas
In some respects, the message to Laodicea is similar to Ezekiel 37. Who would expect Laodicea to be the remnant church? Likewise who would have expected the "dry bones" to be Israel?

But the messages in both instances both bear hope that there is hope in Christ.

(Eze 37:1) The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
(Eze 37:2) And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
(Eze 37:3) And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.
(Eze 37:4) Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
(Eze 37:5) Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

(Eze 37:11) Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

(Eze 37:12) Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

(Eze 37:13) And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

(Eze 37:14) And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

--Ren

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15646
09/24/05 02:02 AM
09/24/05 02:02 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Was all of Israel lost?
God Bless,
Will

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15647
09/24/05 02:44 PM
09/24/05 02:44 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The Laodicea condition is unique to the SDA Church. It does not apply to Christians in general. This point has been dismissed, by some, on this thread. Discrediting this insight can only lead to unscriptural conclusions regarding Laodicean church members.

Now, sticking to the topic - Is a lukwarm Laodicean in a saved state? I agree with Thomas. No! Does it mean they have committed the unpardonable sin and are lost? No! Jesus wouldn't waste time, if they were beyond hope, encouraging them to buy those things that are necessary for their recovery and salvation.

But if they refuse to purchase them, then, yes, they will be lost. Ignorance is no excuse for the Laodicean condition. It does not account for why they do not realize they are "wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked." They are not innocently ignorant.

Their condition is the result of gradual compromise and worldly ambitions. And they know it, but they continue to stubbornly kick against the pricks. They are not without fault before the throne of God. The have lost their first love, have stopped seeking to save the lost, have ceased sharing the 3AMs, and have resorted to empire building.

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15648
09/25/05 03:41 AM
09/25/05 03:41 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
I am not to sure about worldly ambitions as placing one in the camp of those that are lost.
Can you elaborate on that MountainMan. Many people want a better paying job, or a better job, many want to or have started their own business. Whats the sin in that?
God Bless,
Will

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15649
09/24/05 07:33 PM
09/24/05 07:33 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Will, perhaps these quotes can help explain it:

quote:
The Laodicean message must be proclaimed with power; for now it is especially applicable. Now, more than ever before, are seen pride, worldly ambition, self-exaltation, double-dealing, hypocrisy, and deception. Many are speaking great swelling words of vanity, saying, "I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing." Yet they are miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked (RH Sept. 25, 1900). {7BC 962.8}
quote:
As I have of late looked around to find the humble followers of the meek and lowly Jesus, my mind has been much exercised. Many who profess to be looking for the speedy coming of Christ are becoming conformed to this world and seek more earnestly the applause of those around them than the approbation of God. They are cold and formal, like the nominal churches from which they but a short time since separated. The words addressed to the Laodicean church describe their present condition perfectly. (See Rev. 3:14-20.) They are "neither cold nor hot," but "lukewarm". And unless they heed the counsel of the "faithful and true Witness," and zealously repent and obtain "gold tried in the fire," "white raiment," and "eye-salve," He will spew them out of His mouth. {EW 107.2}
quote:
The True Witness says of a cold, lifeless, Christless church, "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of My mouth" (Revelation 3:15, 16). Mark the following words: "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked." Here is represented a people who pride themselves in their possession of spiritual knowledge and advantages. But they have not responded to the unmerited blessings that God has bestowed upon them. They have been full of rebellion, ingratitude, and forgetfulness of God; and still He has dealt with them as a loving, forgiving father deals with an ungrateful, wayward son. They have resisted His grace, abused His privileges, slighted His opportunities, and have been satisfied to sink down in contentment, in lamentable ingratitude, hollow formalism, and hypocritical insincerity. With pharisaic pride they have vaunted themselves till it has been said of them, "Thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing" (verse 17). {FW 83.1}
quote:
The Laodicean message is applicable to the church at this time. Do you believe this message? Have you hearts that feel? Or are you constantly saying, We are rich and increased in goods, and have need of nothing? Is it in vain that the declaration of eternal truth has been given to this nation to be carried to all the nations of the world? God has chosen a people and made them the repositories of truth weighty with eternal results. To them has been given the light that must illuminate the world. Has God made a mistake? Are we indeed His chosen instrumentalities? Are we the men and women who are to bear to the world the messages of Revelation fourteen, to proclaim the message of salvation to those who are standing on the brink of ruin? Do we act as if we were? {1SM 92.1}
These words do not apply to Christians in general. They speak to the SDA Church exclusively.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/18/24 11:18 AM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!