HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,975
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 30
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26
Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #158285
11/13/13 05:23 PM
11/13/13 05:23 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
APL, please address each and every point I made. Thank you.

Quote:
1. Nature is not a ticking time bomb waiting and eager to unleash its pent up powers.
2. Nature is inert. It can do nothing in and of itself. It cannot empower itself to act independent of Jesus.
3. Nature does what Jesus empowers it to do or what He permits evil angels to do with it.
4. Evil angels cannot empower nature to act. They can manipulate it to wreak havoc but only because Jesus empowers it to act accordingly.
5. Animals and natural disasters are entirely different realities as it relates to this topic. Animals act by instincts.
6. Natural disasters act according to Jesus' employment of nature or according to evil angels manipulation of nature (and they can only manipulate it in accordance with how Jesus is willing to permit).
7. Permitting divorce and commanding capital punishment and war are also two entirely different realities.
8. Jesus never once commanded divorce.
9. But on many, many occasions He commanded capital punishment and war.
10. The idea that He originally did not want the Jews to occupy Canaan through force of arms is unbiblical.
11. Not once did Jesus forbid the Jews to drive out the occupants of the Promised Land with the edge of the sword.
12. The idea that holy angels are rejoicing and praising God Almighty for the evil work of evil angels is a hard sell.
13. Do you think Jesus is less culpable when He permits evil men and evil angels to cause death and disaster? If so, please explain why.
14. Do you think evil angels are free to wreak havoc however they please? Or, do you think Jesus sets limits and works to ensure they are not exceeded?
MM - I gave you a detailed response above. You said I misrepresented you. Now you want another response. HOW did I misrepresent you above. Please explain.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: APL] #158287
11/13/13 05:46 PM
11/13/13 05:46 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
For example, you responded, "Nature is not a kicking time bomb." And then you proceeded to answer as if that's what I wrote or meant. Plus you overlooked the rest.

Please respond individually to each point. Thank you.

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #158289
11/13/13 05:51 PM
11/13/13 05:51 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
For example, you responded, "Nature is not a kicking time bomb." And then you proceeded to answer as if that's what I wrote or meant. Plus you overlooked the rest.

Please respond individually to each point. Thank you.
I'm sorry - you are not being clear. How was my response misrepresenting what you said? You said nature is not a ticking time bomb. Yet, there are many situations where nature is primed to explode. Are you saying it is God that is making sink holes collapse - intentionally? I used the Biblical story of the tower of Siloam. Did God intentionally, purposefully, and willingly cause the tower to fall and kill 18 people?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: APL] #158295
11/13/13 07:30 PM
11/13/13 07:30 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I didn't say "Nature is not a ticking time bomb." I said, "Nature is not a ticking time bomb waiting and eager to unleash its pent up powers." I further clarified by saying, "Nature is inert. It can do nothing in and of itself. It cannot empower itself to act independent of Jesus."

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #158297
11/13/13 08:31 PM
11/13/13 08:31 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
I didn't say "Nature is not a ticking time bomb." I said, "Nature is not a ticking time bomb waiting and eager to unleash its pent up powers." I further clarified by saying, "Nature is inert. It can do nothing in and of itself. It cannot empower itself to act independent of Jesus."
Call me dense, but I'm not seeing the difference. I have given a response where potential energy is stored up in nature, waiting to be released. Do you agree or not? It is not helpful is you do not address what I have already posted (#158254).

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: APL] #158301
11/14/13 02:07 AM
11/14/13 02:07 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Please address each point one by one. Things will clear up.

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #158302
11/14/13 03:53 AM
11/14/13 03:53 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Please address each point one by one. Things will clear up.
Please respond to the response I've already made.

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #158309
11/14/13 03:02 PM
11/14/13 03:02 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: kland
So are you saying that what He does Himself and what He permits evil angels to do can be the same thing?

When something like a typhoon happens, how does one determine whether Jesus did it Himself or whether He permitted evil angels to do it?

Kland, in practicality it doesn't matter which means Jesus uses to His accomplish His purposes - either way He is in control. Nothing happens without His command or permission.
Yes, unfortunately I was afraid you might say that it doesn't matter.

So this would mean that with the same act, one would not know if evil caused it or if Jesus caused it. But that it doesn't really matter, because Jesus intended it to happen.

So in light of that, you would say that when typhoons kill, maim, and destroy the lives of thousands of people, one should not let it bother them. Jesus intended it, Jesus caused it, or He caused evil angels to cause it, and the result is as He intentionally intended. One should not have any sympathy or give aid to such suffering ones as that would be refuting Jesus' plans and intent. Therefore, one should take a non-nonchalant attitude and say, guess they must have had it comin' to 'em. Or they are being used as an example. I'm sure not going to help them, because if I refute and make null His plans, I could be "punished" for that. Best to forget and get on with my life and hope He doesn't do anything like that to me. But, I best not "hope", for that would be questioning Him and I might be punished for that.

How could you not come to that conclusion?

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: kland] #158312
11/14/13 06:33 PM
11/14/13 06:33 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Kland,

1. Do you believe Jesus is in control?
2. Do you think things happen without His permission?
3. Do you think evil angels are free to wreak havoc however they please?

I need to know your answer to these questions. Then I'll address your comments and questions.

Thank you.

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: APL] #158313
11/14/13 06:52 PM
11/14/13 06:52 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: APL
Nature is not a kicking time bomb. You name, "Mountain Man". Have you climbed any of the volcanos in the Cascades? Have you ever been confronted witht he problem of warming temperatures and icefalls? No ticking time bomb there, is there? Have you seen maps of the Karsts of the Arabian peninsula? There can be huge caverns where a 747 can easily fit into, and yet only have a thin roof covering the cavern. Hiking in such areas can result is disaster if the roof gives way. Sink holes around the country are not ticking time bombs? What happens, does God just deside to let the hole collapse destroying property and taking lives? In the story of Job, was it God that caused the wind that killed Jobs children or was it God? It must be God under your view.

Nothing happens without Jesus causing it, commanding it, or permitting it. Nature cannot act without Him. Evil angels cannot manipulate nature without His permission. Volcanoes cannot explode without Him causing it, commanding it, or permitting it. Sink holes cannot collapse without Him causing it, commanding it, or permitting it.

Quote:
Animals act by instinct - - OK - Where did the instinct come from? Did God program lions to kill prey? Did God create fiery serpents with their terrible venom? God permitting does mean God caused. The story of Job should make this clear. Job was giving permission to Satan to treat Job nearly as he wished. Satan could have made Job the ruler of the world! The evil done to Job was not God's will.

Jesus gave evil angels permission to afflict Job within the limits He set and enforced. He worked to ensure they did not exceed His limits.

Quote:
Did God give rules for divorce and polygamy? YES. Does this in fact prove that God desires and approves of these things? NO. Is killing and adultery both violations of God's law? Yes. They are not entirely different realities.

Jesus never commanded divorce or polygamy. Do you agree?

But He did on many, many, many occasions command capital punishment and war. Do you agree?

Quote:
God told the people how HE was going to GIVE the land to them. They did not comply. Did God abandon them? NO. There is no reason they should have ever needed to fight. You were in the military, is that right?

Jesus never commanded them not to wage war. He said, "I will drive them out . . . and you will drive them out." Humanity and divinity combined worked to occupy the Promised Land. "Yet divine strength is to be combined with human effort. Moses did not believe that God would overcome their foes while Israel remained inactive."

Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 09/19/24 11:34 AM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 09/19/24 11:04 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!