HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,973
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 28
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 3 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 26 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 25 26
Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #158328
11/15/13 05:25 AM
11/15/13 05:25 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: APL
However, the CTr is a paraphrase. You know that, right?

Are you referring to this note regarding CTr:

Quote:
IN HER TIME, WORDS SUCH AS “HE,”“MAN,”“MEN,” AND “MANKIND” WERE ACCEPTED AS GENERIC TERMS THAT INCLUDED BOTH MEN AND WOMEN. TODAY THIS IS NOT SO COMMON. THUS, WITHOUT MAKING ANY CHANGE IN MRS. WHITE’S THOUGHT, THIS DEVOTIONAL BOOK USES GENDER-INCLUSIVE LANGUAGE.

Please compare the original passages with CTr passages posted above:

Quote:
The power of Christ, the crucified Saviour, to give eternal life, should be presented to the people. We should show them that the Old Testament is as verily the gospel in types and shadows as the New Testament is in its unfolding power. The New Testament does not present a new religion; the Old Testament does not present a religion to be superseded by the New. The New Testament is only the advancement and unfolding of the Old. Abel was a believer in Christ, and was as verily saved by His power as was Peter or Paul. {6T 392.1}

The instruction given in the Old Testament Scriptures is as verily the word of Christ as the instruction in the New Testament. Christ was as verily man's Redeemer in the days when the Old Testament was written as He was when He appeared in the form of humanity. He gave those of ancient Israel just as favorable an opportunity of working out their own salvation as He did those who listened to His words. {12MR 301.1}

The proclamation of the first, second, and third angel's messages has been located by the Word of Inspiration. Not a peg or pin is to be removed. No human authority has any more right to change the location of these messages than to substitute the New Testament for the Old. The Old Testament is the gospel in figures and symbols. The New Testament is the substance. One is as essential as the other. The Old Testament presents lessons from the lips of Christ, and these lessons have not lost their force in any particular. {1MR 43.1}

"The Saviour is revealed in the Old Testament as clearly as in the New."

"The Old Testament presents lessons from the lips of Christ, and these lessons have not lost their force in any particular."

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #158329
11/15/13 05:33 AM
11/15/13 05:33 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
PS - I am not interested in learning what you believe from Herb Montgomery. I hope you don't mind. I prefer to hear it from you. I would also appreciate you addressing the points.

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #158330
11/15/13 05:42 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
However, the CTr is a paraphrase. You know that, right?

Are you referring to this note regarding CTr:

Quote:
IN HER TIME, WORDS SUCH AS “HE,”“MAN,”“MEN,” AND “MANKIND” WERE ACCEPTED AS GENERIC TERMS THAT INCLUDED BOTH MEN AND WOMEN. TODAY THIS IS NOT SO COMMON. THUS, WITHOUT MAKING ANY CHANGE IN MRS. WHITE’S THOUGHT, THIS DEVOTIONAL BOOK USES GENDER-INCLUSIVE LANGUAGE.

Please compare the original passages with CTr passages posted above:

Quote:
The power of Christ, the crucified Saviour, to give eternal life, should be presented to the people. We should show them that the Old Testament is as verily the gospel in types and shadows as the New Testament is in its unfolding power. The New Testament does not present a new religion; the Old Testament does not present a religion to be superseded by the New. The New Testament is only the advancement and unfolding of the Old. Abel was a believer in Christ, and was as verily saved by His power as was Peter or Paul. {6T 392.1}

The instruction given in the Old Testament Scriptures is as verily the word of Christ as the instruction in the New Testament. Christ was as verily man's Redeemer in the days when the Old Testament was written as He was when He appeared in the form of humanity. He gave those of ancient Israel just as favorable an opportunity of working out their own salvation as He did those who listened to His words. {12MR 301.1}

The proclamation of the first, second, and third angel's messages has been located by the Word of Inspiration. Not a peg or pin is to be removed. No human authority has any more right to change the location of these messages than to substitute the New Testament for the Old. The Old Testament is the gospel in figures and symbols. The New Testament is the substance. One is as essential as the other. The Old Testament presents lessons from the lips of Christ, and these lessons have not lost their force in any particular. {1MR 43.1}

"The Saviour is revealed in the Old Testament as clearly as in the New."

"The Old Testament presents lessons from the lips of Christ, and these lessons have not lost their force in any particular."

OK:
Herod and the wicked authorities killed the Just One, but Christ never killed anyone, and we may attribute the spirit of persecution—because men and women want liberty of conscience—to its origin, Satan. He is a deceiver, a liar, a murderer, an accuser of the brethren. He loves to see human misery. He exults in distress, and as we view the cruel persecutions of those who would obey God according to the dictates of their own consciences, we may know that this is the mystery of iniquity. . . . {CTr 248.4}

And Jesus is a killer, persecutor, causes misery? NO.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: APL] #158331
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I have stated repeatedly, that God did give instructions for war. Have I denied that?

Where in the Bible or the SOP does it say Jesus commanded Moses not to execute capital punishment or to wage war?

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: APL] #158332
11/15/13 05:43 AM
11/15/13 05:43 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
MM:Nothing happens without Jesus causing it, commanding it, or permitting it. Nature cannot act without Him. Evil angels cannot manipulate nature without His permission. Volcanoes cannot explode without Him causing it, commanding it, or permitting it. Sink holes cannot collapse without Him causing it, commanding it, or permitting it.

QUESTION - Is God's WILL being acted out on earth as it is in heaven? ANSWER: NO. Is God responsible for all the evil that happens? I would guess you would say yes. I do not believe that God commands or causes Storms to kill, maim, destroy. There is God's permissive will. But how does this work? IF you do not believe in free will, then God is indeed responsible for everything that happens. But if you believe in free will, then while God is the force the enables everything, He is in no way responsible for the choices that we make. He did put limits on Satan's dealing with Job. He did put limits in Satan's ability to corrupt life as Genesis 3 states. Of course in the great controversy with Christ, Satan can call foul in not allowing his alterations to play out. Christ came to give us the clearest evidence of not only God's Character, but also the results of sin. Sin was allowed to play out in the person of Jesus Christ, and it was sin that killed Christ.

MM: Jesus never commanded divorce or polygamy. Do you agree?

Have you read the book of Ezra recently? Read chapters 9 and 10.

But He did on many, many, many occasions command capital punishment and war. Do you agree?

I have stated repeatedly, that God did give instructions for war. Have I denied that? What I have denied is that this is God's perfect will. It is not . God never indended the people to personally fight. They were suppose to do their part. They were not to be idle. Even with Jericho, they were supposed to shout.

The problem is that I think that you are like Green and asygo in that you reject the clearest picture of God that we have, and that is Jesus Christ. It is true, that in many various ways God has communicated to us via the prophets. But in these last days, He has spoken to us by His son, who is the EXACT image of God, Hebrews 1:1-3. The Father has testified this fact, "This is my son, my chosen: hear ye him". Luke 9:35. Jesus testimony is greater that John's. We are to look to Christ to understand and unlock the OT. If you reject the view of God as revealed by Christ's life on this earth, you are rejecting the truth about God. If you have seen Jesus, you have seen the Father, John 14:9.

John 5:36-43
36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father has given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father has sent me.
37 And the Father himself, which has sent me, has borne witness of me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
38 And you have not his word abiding in you: for whom he has sent, him you believe not.
39 Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40 And you will not come to me, that you might have life.
41 I receive not honor from men.
42 But I know you, that you have not the love of God in you.
43 I am come in my Father's name, and you receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him you will receive.

This is an important warning. If you reject the picture of God as revealed by Jesus, you are rejecting the truth! Jesus is THE LIGHT and the LIFE.

With that in mind, what did Jesus say to do to your enemies? If hungry, feed them. If they hit you, turn the other cheek. YOU are to love your enemy! Is this a new commandment? Yes and no. In the OT, your neighbor was believed to be your fellow Israelite. Jesus said that all men are you neighbor.

Jesus is THE ANSWER. Reject Christ, you reject God.

MM - Address reply which covers a number of the points to have asked. You have not responded to the points I've made. Why?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #158333
11/15/13 05:48 AM
11/15/13 05:48 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
APL, please address each and every point I made. Thank you.

1. Nature is not a ticking time bomb waiting and eager to unleash its pent up powers.
2. Nature is inert. It can do nothing in and of itself. It cannot empower itself to act independent of Jesus.
3. Nature does what Jesus empowers it to do or what He permits evil angels to do with it.
4. Evil angels cannot empower nature to act. They can manipulate it to wreak havoc but only because Jesus empowers it to act accordingly.
5. Animals and natural disasters are entirely different realities as it relates to this topic. Animals act by instincts.
6. Natural disasters act according to Jesus' employment of nature or according to evil angels manipulation of nature (and they can only manipulate it in accordance with how Jesus is willing to permit).
7. Permitting divorce and commanding capital punishment and war are also two entirely different realities.
8. Jesus never once commanded divorce.
9. But on many, many occasions He commanded capital punishment and war.
10. The idea that He originally did not want the Jews to occupy Canaan through force of arms is unbiblical.
11. Not once did Jesus forbid the Jews to drive out the occupants of the Promised Land with the edge of the sword.
12. The idea that holy angels are rejoicing and praising God Almighty for the evil work of evil angels is a hard sell.
13. Do you think Jesus is less culpable when He permits evil men and evil angels to cause death and disaster? If so, please explain why.
14. Do you think evil angels are free to wreak havoc however they please? Or, do you think Jesus sets limits and works to ensure they are not exceeded?

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #158334
11/15/13 05:51 AM
11/15/13 05:51 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
NOTE: I reposted the above post before I realized you posted your most recent post above.

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #158335
11/15/13 05:55 AM
11/15/13 05:55 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
MM - Address reply which covers a number of the points to have asked. You have not responded to the points I've made. Why?

I have been pleading with you to address my points before you posted the above. I feel like you are unwilling to do so. I have no problem with that. But it doesn't seem fair.

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #158336
11/15/13 06:09 AM
11/15/13 06:09 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA

I have been pleading with you to address my points before you posted the above. I feel like you are unwilling to do so. I have no problem with that. But it doesn't seem fair.
I have replied to many of your points. Please, read the reply and comment. See post 158254 and 158260.

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #158338
11/15/13 03:37 PM
11/15/13 03:37 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I have stated repeatedly, that God did give instructions for war. Have I denied that?

Where in the Bible or the SOP does it say Jesus commanded Moses not to execute capital punishment or to wage war?
Where in the Bible does it say Jesus commanded Moses not to allow divorce?

Page 8 of 26 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 25 26

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by dedication. 09/18/24 12:45 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!