HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,963
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 27
kland 24
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19
Re: Did Christ have sinful tendencies? How does EGW use the word propensities? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159229
12/15/13 05:09 AM
12/15/13 05:09 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
If you truly think about it, the act of disobeying and EATING the forbidden fruit betrayed everyone in history.

Satan used Adam to commit the murder of Christ.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Did Christ have sinful tendencies? How does EGW use the word propensities? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159231
12/15/13 06:25 AM
12/15/13 06:25 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"Adam was driven from Eden, and the angels who, before his transgression, had been appointed to guard him in his Eden home, were now appointed to guard the gates of paradise and the way of the tree of life, lest he should return, gain access to the tree of life, and sin be immortalized." {Con 15.2}

Adam had angels as his body guards, created perfect in stature, and all the blessings an unfallen man in probation could ever want. From there Adam fell, so fallen man is disconected in the covcering of light, the innocence of Christ reflected in his eyes was gone. This can only be re-established through acceptance of the sacrifice of the lamb. The whole universe was torn by Adams sin. He was the high priest of the human family. The head elder of our tribe. Satan was let loose in our realm and we became his subjects until the sacrifice.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Did Christ have sinful tendencies? How does EGW use the word propensities? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159232
12/15/13 06:40 AM
12/15/13 06:40 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"None of the apostles and prophets ever claimed to be without sin. Men who have lived the nearest to God, men who would sacrifice life itself rather than knowingly commit a wrong act, men whom God has honored with divine light and power, have confessed the sinfulness of their nature. They have put no confidence in the flesh, have claimed no righteousness of their own, but have trusted wholly in the righteousness of Christ." {AA 561.1}

(who is in the most Holy place cleansing us and our record from sin when we submit to His authority and love)

Re: Did Christ have sinful tendencies? How does EGW use the word propensities? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159235
12/15/13 06:59 AM
12/15/13 06:59 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"The sanctification of the soul by the working of the Holy Spirit is the implanting of Christ’s nature in humanity. Gospel religion is Christ in the life—a living, active principle. It is the grace of Christ revealed in character and wrought out in good works. The principles of the gospel cannot be disconnected from any department of practical life. Every line of Christian experience and labor is to be a representation of the life of Christ." {COL 384.1}

Re: Did Christ have sinful tendencies? How does EGW use the word propensities? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159241
12/15/13 02:34 PM
12/15/13 02:34 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Jesus would not have had to die if Adam had not committed the act.Even the though of committing the act and committal could have been forgiven, until the act.

I agree. But by the fact that you say the thought could have been forgiven, you admit that there had been a sin. And this is true. Coveting (desiring what God has forbidden) is a transgression of the 10th commandment. However, it would not have been a willful sin. A fall presupposes a willful sin.
In the same way, Lucifer could have been forgiven of his sin before his fall, which occurred at the moment he willfully chose to break God's law.

Re: Did Christ have sinful tendencies? How does EGW use the word propensities? [Re: APL] #159242
12/15/13 02:35 PM
12/15/13 02:35 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
The distrust LED to the fall, it was not the fall.

I agree, as explained above. But there is a distinction between sin and fall.

Re: Did Christ have sinful tendencies? How does EGW use the word propensities? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159247
12/15/13 04:15 PM
12/15/13 04:15 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Asygo: ...the action of the flesh, whatever it may be, does not constitute sin. The flesh, of itself, cannot sin. Sin happens in the mind and heart, thoughts and feelings - character. So when Adam ate the fruit, neither the eating nor the fruit was sinful. The crux of his sin was distrust of God's love, which often leads to disbelief of God's word, which usually manifests itself as disobedience of God's command. So, long before Adam took a bite, he had already fallen.

Mountain Man: Amen. I agree sinful flesh nature cannot commit a sin. Sin is the stuff of choice and character. Jesus implants His nature in us when we experience conversion in God's appointed way.

JSOT: You guys, what do you think the "flesh" is? You are starting to sound like people who believe our soul is seprate from the body. . . We are not in the flesh when we dwell in faith of Christ's rightousness. . . You also sound like you are saying that sin is only sin if we believe it is, which is a lie from Satan. . . The heathen were sinning long before anyone came and told them about it, they just didn't know it. . . Paul is misunderstood on this subject a lot but you two are falling for the lie.

You are being harsh, James Son of Thunder. Neither Arnold nor I believe "the lie". Your view of "sinful flesh" does not correspond with the following inspired insights:

Quote:
The lower passions have their seat in the body and work through it. The words "flesh" or "fleshly" or "carnal lusts" embrace the lower, corrupt nature; the flesh of itself cannot act contrary to the will of God. We are commanded to crucify the flesh, with the affections and lusts. How shall we do it? Shall we inflict pain on the body? No; but put to death the temptation to sin. {AH 127.2}

We must know what it means to be a partaker of the divine nature, having escaped the corruptions that are in the world through lust. Are you willing to wage war against the lusts of the flesh? {TDG 175.2}

Says Paul, "Let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." He presents for our encouragement the freedom enjoyed by the truly sanctified: "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." He charges the Galatians, "Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh." He names some of the forms of fleshly lusts,--"idolatry, drunkenness, and such like." "And after mentioning the fruits of the Spirit, among which is temperance, he adds, "And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh, with the affections and lusts." {HR, November 1, 1882 par. 13}

It is the privilege of the children of God to be delivered from the control of the lusts of the flesh, and to preserve their peculiar, heavenly character, which distinguishes them from the lovers of the world. In their moral taste, in their habits and customs, they are separate from the world. {RH, August 1, 1893 par. 3}

You should begin to seek God where you are. You must be born again. There must be a renovation, a new life created within you, that you may not serve sin, or the lusts of the flesh. Your children must be converted. You have a solemn work to do. {ST, July 22, 1889 par. 6}

The flesh works in and through us tempting us to sin. The lusts and affections of the flesh are sinful. But the flesh cannot commit a sin. It can only tempt us to sin. The flesh is not the bone and blood and body.

Re: Did Christ have sinful tendencies? How does EGW use the word propensities? [Re: Rosangela] #159262
12/16/13 04:20 AM
12/16/13 04:20 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Quote:
The distrust LED to the fall, it was not the fall.

I agree, as explained above. But there is a distinction between sin and fall.
Let me say it another way: No eating, not transgression. No transgress, no sin. Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, the fruit of which he had been forbidden to touch. This was his test. He failed, and his transgression opened the floodgates of woe upon our world. {MM 233.5}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Did Christ have sinful tendencies? How does EGW use the word propensities? [Re: APL] #159285
12/16/13 11:57 PM
12/16/13 11:57 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
He took our nature and overcame, that we through taking His nature might overcome. Made "in the likeness of sinful flesh" (Romans 8:3), He lived a sinless life. {DA 311.5}

People are converted with Christ's nature. They possess His nature. Does this nature tempt us from within to sin?

Re: Did Christ have sinful tendencies? How does EGW use the word propensities? [Re: Mountain Man] #159310
12/17/13 07:17 PM
12/17/13 07:17 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Asygo: ...the action of the flesh, whatever it may be, does not constitute sin. The flesh, of itself, cannot sin. Sin happens in the mind and heart, thoughts and feelings - character. So when Adam ate the fruit, neither the eating nor the fruit was sinful. The crux of his sin was distrust of God's love, which often leads to disbelief of God's word, which usually manifests itself as disobedience of God's command. So, long before Adam took a bite, he had already fallen.

Mountain Man: Amen. I agree sinful flesh nature cannot commit a sin. Sin is the stuff of choice and character. Jesus implants His nature in us when we experience conversion in God's appointed way.

JSOT: You guys, what do you think the "flesh" is? You are starting to sound like people who believe our soul is seprate from the body. . . We are not in the flesh when we dwell in faith of Christ's rightousness. . . You also sound like you are saying that sin is only sin if we believe it is, which is a lie from Satan. . . The heathen were sinning long before anyone came and told them about it, they just didn't know it. . . Paul is misunderstood on this subject a lot but you two are falling for the lie.

You are being harsh, James Son of Thunder. Neither Arnold nor I believe "the lie". Your view of "sinful flesh" does not correspond with the following inspired insights:

Quote:
The lower passions have their seat in the body and work through it. The words "flesh" or "fleshly" or "carnal lusts" embrace the lower, corrupt nature; the flesh of itself cannot act contrary to the will of God. We are commanded to crucify the flesh, with the affections and lusts. How shall we do it? Shall we inflict pain on the body? No; but put to death the temptation to sin. {AH 127.2}

We must know what it means to be a partaker of the divine nature, having escaped the corruptions that are in the world through lust. Are you willing to wage war against the lusts of the flesh? {TDG 175.2}

Says Paul, "Let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." He presents for our encouragement the freedom enjoyed by the truly sanctified: "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." He charges the Galatians, "Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh." He names some of the forms of fleshly lusts,--"idolatry, drunkenness, and such like." "And after mentioning the fruits of the Spirit, among which is temperance, he adds, "And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh, with the affections and lusts." {HR, November 1, 1882 par. 13}

It is the privilege of the children of God to be delivered from the control of the lusts of the flesh, and to preserve their peculiar, heavenly character, which distinguishes them from the lovers of the world. In their moral taste, in their habits and customs, they are separate from the world. {RH, August 1, 1893 par. 3}

You should begin to seek God where you are. You must be born again. There must be a renovation, a new life created within you, that you may not serve sin, or the lusts of the flesh. Your children must be converted. You have a solemn work to do. {ST, July 22, 1889 par. 6}

The flesh works in and through us tempting us to sin. The lusts and affections of the flesh are sinful. But the flesh cannot commit a sin. It can only tempt us to sin. The flesh is not the bone and blood and body.

We are born "in the flesh" in this world. Not one person was ever born in the Spirit in this world except Christ.

Our fallen brains is THE FLESH.

"How can the carnal mind harmonize with the mind that is assimilated to the mind of Christ? One is sowing to the flesh, thinking and acting in accordance with the promptings of his own heart; the other is sowing to the Spirit, seeking to repress selfishness, to overcome inclination, and to live in obedience to the Master, whose servant he professes to be. Thus there is a perpetual difference of taste, of inclination, and of purpose. Unless the believer shall, through his steadfast adherence to principle, win the impenitent, he will, as is much more common, become discouraged and sell his religious principles for the poor companionship of one who has no connection with Heaven.4 {AH 84.1}

"Jesus continued: “That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” By nature the heart is evil, and “who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.” Job 14:4. No human invention can find a remedy for the sinning soul. “The carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.” “Out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.” Romans 8:7; Matthew 15:19. The fountain of the heart must be purified before the streams can become pure. He who is trying to reach heaven by his own works in keeping the law is attempting an impossibility. There is no safety for one who has merely a legal religion, a form of godliness. The Christian’s life is not a modification or improvement of the old, but a transformation of nature. There is a death to self and sin, and a new life altogether. This change can be brought about only by the effectual working of the Holy Spirit.. {DA 172.1}

M&M you said "The flesh works in and through us tempting us to sin. The lusts and affections of the flesh are sinful. But the flesh cannot commit a sin. It can only tempt us to sin. The flesh is not the bone and blood and body.

You have fallen for the lie.

We are flesh when we are born in this cut off world. Our minds are the controller of our body, so it is the biggest part of the flesh.

Brother, I don't want to be harsh, but you need to realize and submit to the authority of truth when it is presented to you without so much argument. You are wrong, can you deal with it?

Peace.

Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/15/24 02:59 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by dedication. 09/15/24 11:53 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by dedication. 09/15/24 12:06 PM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!