HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily, TheophilusOne), 1,877 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159445
12/20/13 11:26 PM
12/20/13 11:26 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"On one occasion, when in New York City, I was in the night season called upon to behold buildings rising story after story toward heaven. These buildings were warranted to be fireproof, and they were erected to glorify their owners and builders.... {LDE 113.1}
The scene that next passed before me was an alarm of fire. Men looked at the lofty and supposedly fireproof buildings and said: “They are perfectly safe.” But these buildings were consumed as if made of pitch. The fire engines could do nothing to stay the destruction. The firemen were unable to operate the engines.—Testimonies for the Church 9:12, 13 (1909). {LDE 113.2}

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159446
12/20/13 11:31 PM
12/20/13 11:31 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
This next statement is very important to current events but will you listen?

This is a quiz.

Anyone know where the mysterious knockings began which was the beginning of the present day spiritualism and Satanic manifestations?

It was in Rochester NY then in New York City.

The City that was hit durring Sept 11 2001 is the epicenter of modern day spiritualism. It is also the main city where the archdioces of Rome has the most power in America. It is where all the eccumenical agreements between the Catholic church and Protestant churches were signed. New York is where the UN is and the throne of Rome has an embacy.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159447
12/20/13 11:39 PM
12/20/13 11:39 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
But none of that shows how close to the second coming we are, does it?

I could list dozens of other prophecies that are coming true showing the present truth fulfillments.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159448
12/20/13 11:53 PM
12/20/13 11:53 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
The fact that the testimonies never calls the birds demons should be enough proof against your statement.

That's very narrow minded, JSOT, and I think you should know it. The Testimonies were never to set out every truth which has already been provided us in the Bible. Nor were they intended to set out every truth at all.

But, you will find some reason not to accept what you did not originate. If only I could have led you to this truth in a way that you had imagined it was your own idea....

JSOT, the Bible speaks of the birds on the same level as the demons and foul spirits. If the Testimonies were to deny this, then they would contradict the Word of God.

The birds in the parable of the sower ate up the Gospel seed. What did those birds represent?

The birds which come upon the carcase (a dead body)...what do they represent? If you say they represent beliefs and temptations, what beliefs and temptations does one have who is dead?

You have not rightly divided truth here. I urge you to reconsider, nevermind whose view it is. Look at what the Bible itself is teaching.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: Green Cochoa] #159449
12/21/13 12:12 AM
12/21/13 12:12 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
JSOT,

Further to my post above, it appears that you are in error as to Mrs. White referring to the biblical birds as being demons. She does indeed do this. Perhaps she does not do so in a dictionary manner, telling us "birds equal demons," but she expounds on the representation rather plainly. Look at the following from Christ's Object Lessons.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
As the birds are ready to catch up the seed from the wayside, so Satan is ready to catch away the seeds of divine truth from the soul. He fears that the word of God may awaken the careless, and take effect upon the hardened heart. Satan and his angels are in the assemblies where the gospel is preached. While angels of heaven endeavor to impress hearts with the word of God, the enemy is on the alert to make the word of no effect. With an earnestness equaled only by his malice, he tries to thwart the work of the Spirit of God. While Christ is drawing the soul by His love, Satan tries to turn away the attention of the one who is moved to seek the Saviour. He engages the mind with worldly schemes. He excites criticism, or insinuates doubt and unbelief. The speaker's choice of language or his manner may not please the hearers, and they dwell upon these defects. Thus the truth they need, and which God has graciously sent them, makes no lasting impression. {COL 44.3}

Now, look at her own explanation of the text in Revelation 18.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
The last great conflict is before us, but help is to come to all who love God and obey His law, and the earth, the whole earth, is to be lighted with the glory of God. "Another angel" is to come down from heaven. This angel represents the giving of the loud cry, which is to come from those who are preparing to cry mightily, with a strong voice, "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird" (Revelation 18:1, 2). {3SM 412.1}

We have a testing message to give, and I am instructed to say to our people, "Unify, unify." But we are not to unify with those who are departing from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. With our hearts sweet and kind and true, we are to go forth to proclaim the message, giving no heed to those who lead away from the truth.--Manuscript 31, 1906. {3SM 412.2}

I find perfect congruity here between Mrs. White and the Bible on this representation. Of course, I have only given you a small portion of the passages of the Bible on this topic. Daniel 4, Ecclesiastes 9, and many other passages further help us to see that birds represent demons in prophecy, just as beasts represent kingdoms, wings represent speed, horns represent power, stones represent laws, grass represents people, etc.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: Green Cochoa] #159450
12/21/13 12:33 AM
12/21/13 12:33 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Your assessment is highly accurate, and I didn't mean to completely discount the application to demons, because the "doctrines of devils" are what they are. But they manifest themselves through the churches members.

The prophecy contends with all the evil doctrines that has manifested itself within the institutions which constitute Babylon.

The first cry that Babylon has fallen was in the dark ages by Luther and the reformers.

The second cry is heard when the protestant churches have given their authority over to the mother.

The hateful and unclean birds are the influence of the doctrines of the fallen daughter churches and the Mother church, describing all their atrocities, combined into a call from God for those who see to leave.But there are nations involved, not just churches.

"come out of her my people... be not partakers OF HER SINS" The call is for believers to leave the false doctrines that were introduced by demons through the fallen churches.

I am confident that Mrs White was correct on this subject.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159452
12/21/13 12:59 AM
12/21/13 12:59 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Quote:
The fact that the testimonies never calls the birds demons should be enough proof against your statement.

I should clairify. I meant to say; "The fact that the testimonies never calls the birds (of Rev 18:2) demons should be enough proof against your statement."

I do understand how you connected that to the Sower and the seed parable. But it doesn't end there for Rev 18.

The hateful and unclean birds are the false doctrines and concessions made in the name of the Lord. They are doctrines of demons manifested through the second fallen babylon church.

So the demon birds who stole the seed, sow seed of their own, and these are the hateful and unclean 'bird's'.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159458
12/21/13 02:17 AM
12/21/13 02:17 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Babylon is a cage for every unclean thing claiming to be from God.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159461
12/21/13 02:22 PM
12/21/13 02:22 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
///

This thread has got way off-topic. The "vultures" spoken of by Jesus in Mat. 24:28 are again spoken of in Rev. 19:17-21. The latter interprets the former, and both neither speak of "doctrines of the Roman Catholics", nor of their "Jesuit order."

Let the Bible interpret itself (2 Peter 1:20-21).

////

Last edited by James Peterson; 12/21/13 02:27 PM.
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159463
12/21/13 03:44 PM
12/21/13 03:44 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Terrible things have happened in the last 100 years. No doubt about it. But the USA has not formed an image to the beast. The USA has not legislated nor enforced the mark of the beast. Evil angels are not impersonating holy angels or deceased loved ones and encouraging people to obey laws enforcing the mark of the beast.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!