HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,975
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 30
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 102 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 101 102
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159460
12/21/13 03:25 AM
12/21/13 03:25 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
And again, I totally agree that the Spirit of God is withdrawn at the second death. No Holy Spirit, or Holy angels trying to guide the hearts of men outside the gates.

They are cut off (second death). But they at first do not even see the futility of their attempt to go to war with God. It is not until God shows every person outside how they were lost, and how Satan was the archetect of their destruction, that the lost realize they are lost; and that is when they begin to see everything they lost, and this is what causes their torment.

When they turn on Satan, lightning from heaven (angels) ignite the storehouse of flamables in the earth and the resulting fire slowly consumes the wicked in a state of prolonged agony in proportion to the pain they caused in their lives. They pay for their own sins. Not everyone who sees the second death will be punished in agony either, they will just dissappear like they were never born, it is all proportunate to their sins. Satan burns the longest because final penalty for the confessed sins of God's people are finally put on the head of the scapegoat and led to the valley of forgetfulness. Extinction, where even their memory is forgotten by God. Perdition.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #159465
12/21/13 04:14 PM
12/21/13 04:14 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: APL
M: APL, you believe every act of punishment fits the withdraw and permit principle of punishment. I agree nothing happens without Jesus' say so. Evil angels are not free to wreak havoc as they please. They must have Jesus' permission to tempt or to destroy. Their hands are tied until Jesus unties them. Do you also believe the death and destruction wrought by evil angels when Jesus permits represents the natural cause and effect consequence of sinning? On another note, you have refused to post inspired passages you believe depict Jesus commanding His chosen people to wage war, to kill His enemies with the edge of the sword. I'm curious as to why. Why won't you post them? Please explain why you have refused to post them. Do you truly believe it? If so, why not post the passages that say so? Also, you have not explained why you believe nature is self-acting, why you believe all Jesus need do is withdraw His restraining hand and the forces of nature will act in and of itself to cause the death and destruction Jesus is willing to permit. Why do you think nature can act in and of itself when the SOP plainly says it is not so? And, do you think it represents the natural cause and effect consequence of sinning?

A: MM - by taking your reasoning, God is the cause of everything, good and bad. God is the cause of all disease. God is the cause of all death. God is evil and good. I wonder if you think there is free will or not...

Please address my comments and questions.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: kland] #159466
12/21/13 04:20 PM
12/21/13 04:20 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: kland
K: What does your comment about obeying have to do with being able to determine the difference between right and wrong acts? Didn't people "obey" Hitler?

M: Jesus said, "do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God" "smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword". Killing with the edge of the sword was right. Jesus commanded it. Are you comparing obeying Jesus and obeying Hitler?

K: But you cannot distinguish between the two, can you? People believed Hitler was a god, or at least someone in control. He told them to "kill criminals and combatants". Does that mean it was right? You are saying that both Hitler and God told people to do acts. The exact same act. But because of one, of your choosing, you whitewash that act into "right". Someone else may choose Hitler and consider it was "right". In fact, many did. That does not make it right. You need to prophesy again, to go and understand what was happening in Israel's day, why they got to that point. I keep coming back to who killed Saul. But that will do no good to ask you as you have already said you believed God planned, intended, overruled events to directly and intentionally kill Saul. The Inquisition is the same way. That's why your attitude, whether expressed by yourself or others, is why it did happen and why it will happen again. Because you, and they, make no distinction between right and wrong.

Do you believe Jesus commanded Moses to kill criminals and combatants? If so, please post texts.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #159467
12/21/13 04:27 PM
12/21/13 04:27 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
M: APL, you believe every act of punishment fits the withdraw and permit principle of punishment. I agree nothing happens without Jesus' say so. Evil angels are not free to wreak havoc as they please. They must have Jesus' permission to tempt or to destroy. Their hands are tied until Jesus unties them. Do you also believe the death and destruction wrought by evil angels when Jesus permits represents the natural cause and effect consequence of sinning? On another note, you have refused to post inspired passages you believe depict Jesus commanding His chosen people to wage war, to kill His enemies with the edge of the sword. I'm curious as to why. Why won't you post them? Please explain why you have refused to post them. Do you truly believe it? If so, why not post the passages that say so? Also, you have not explained why you believe nature is self-acting, why you believe all Jesus need do is withdraw His restraining hand and the forces of nature will act in and of itself to cause the death and destruction Jesus is willing to permit. Why do you think nature can act in and of itself when the SOP plainly says it is not so? And, do you think it represents the natural cause and effect consequence of sinning?

A: MM - by taking your reasoning, God is the cause of everything, good and bad. God is the cause of all disease. God is the cause of all death. God is evil and good. I wonder if you think there is free will or not...

Please address my comments and questions.

Answer me this - do we have free will nor not, and I will answer you.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #159468
12/21/13 08:48 PM
12/21/13 08:48 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA

Do you believe Jesus commanded Moses to kill criminals and combatants? If so, please post texts.

Leviticus 20:16 And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Deuteronomy 22:22 If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.

Joshua 7:20 And Achan answered Joshua, and said, Indeed I have sinned against the Lord God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done:

21 When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it.

22 So Joshua sent messengers, and they ran unto the tent; and, behold, it was hid in his tent, and the silver under it.

23 And they took them out of the midst of the tent, and brought them unto Joshua, and unto all the children of Israel, and laid them out before the Lord.

24 And Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, and the silver, and the garment, and the wedge of gold, and his sons, and his daughters, and his oxen, and his asses, and his sheep, and his tent, and all that he had: and they brought them unto the valley of Achor.

25 And Joshua said, Why hast thou troubled us? the Lord shall trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones.

Exodus 21:29 But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #159489
12/22/13 04:48 PM
12/22/13 04:48 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA

A: Answer me this - do we have free will nor not, and I will answer you.

Yes.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #159511
12/23/13 03:04 AM
12/23/13 03:04 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Not sure how can believe there is free will. How can there be free will is God is going to punish you for every bad thing you do. It is love me, or I will kill you! There is no free will in the scenario. Love can not be commanded. You believe that nothing happens unless Jesus says so. Thus rape is only be permission of God. The Lord's prayer asks for God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven, why? Because God's will is not being done on earth.

Death and destruction is caused by sin. ALL of it. God has given us freedom to think and do. God has given us also instruction on what we can not do, not because if we do God will punish us, but because if we do, it will destroy us. We can not violate God's law, and God's law is the instructions he put into each and every thing that God has made. Satan perverted his freedom. He was created perfect, until iniquity was found in him, (Ezekiel 28:12-15). I read the Bible literally unless it is an obvious figure, this is following #11 of Miller's rules of interpretation. Iniquity is a real and physical entity, it is the sin with in. Satan and his angels did not keep their first estate, and left their own habitation, Jude 6. They corrupted themselves as Ezekiel 28:18 say, You have defiled your sanctuaries by the multitude of your iniquities.

By the freedom God has given all, we can choose to obey the design that God has created or violate it. Violating God's law will result in death, Roman 6:23. This is an intrinsic consequence of sin. This is the second death. The first death is not the wages of sin, for it is appointed to all to die, then the judgement, Hebrews 9:27. We have only seen the second death once, and that is the death of Christ. He bore our sin in His body, literally, 1 Peter 2:24. Christ condemned sin in the flesh, Romans 8:3. The second death is no arbitrary imposition of punishment. It is the natural final playing out of sin.

As for all the death in we see in the Bible, this was never God's plan. It was God meeting man where they where. If Israel had followed God's instructions, they would have never needed to fight, ever! But Israel did not follow God. They did not know or understand God. Isaiah 1:3-6 The ox knows his owner, and the ass his master's crib: but Israel does not know, my people does not consider. 4 Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel to anger, they are gone away backward. 5 Why should you be stricken any more? you will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint. 6 From the sole of the foot even to the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrefying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #159522
12/23/13 04:06 PM
12/23/13 04:06 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
. . . and I will answer you.

1. You believe every act of punishment fits the withdraw and permit principle of punishment. True or false?

2. Evil angels are not free to wreak havoc as they please. They must have Jesus' permission to tempt or to destroy. Their hands are tied until Jesus unties them. True or false?

3. Do you believe the death and destruction wrought by evil angels when Jesus permits represents the natural cause and effect consequence of sinning?

4. You have refused to post inspired passages you believe depict Jesus commanding His chosen people to wage war, to kill His enemies with the edge of the sword. Please explain why you have refused to post them.

5. You have not explained why you believe nature is self-acting, why you believe all Jesus need do is withdraw His restraining hand and the forces of nature will act in and of itself to cause the death and destruction Jesus is willing to permit. The SOP plainly says nature is not self-acting.

6. Do you believe the death and destruction wrought by nature when Jesus permits represents the natural cause and effect consequence of sinning?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #159525
12/23/13 04:30 PM
12/23/13 04:30 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Yes I do. Has anyone denied this? And why do you want me to post texts that you are fond of quoting? That seems very disingenuous of you. And what does any of this have to do with you putting God in the same light as Hitler? Obey me or else!

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #159533
12/23/13 05:18 PM
12/23/13 05:18 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Not sure how can believe there is free will. How can there be free will is God is going to punish you for every bad thing you do. It is love me, or I will kill you! There is no free will in the scenario. Love can not be commanded. You believe that nothing happens unless Jesus says so. Thus rape is only be permission of God. The Lord's prayer asks for God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven, why? Because God's will is not being done on earth.

Death and destruction is caused by sin. ALL of it. God has given us freedom to think and do. God has given us also instruction on what we can not do, not because if we do God will punish us, but because if we do, it will destroy us. We can not violate God's law, and God's law is the instructions he put into each and every thing that God has made.

So God is only righteous if we see Him from your perspective eh?

If what you say is true, then why would God need to judge the world? If what ever sin causes it's own destruction then God could just sit back and let it happen, He wouldn't have to do anything in the situation. Yet a vast portion of the Sanctuary service points to a great judgment that every unfallen and redeemed creature gets to be a witness to. So there is a trial and no execution of judgment? That makes no sense.

Why would God need to have a trial at all if every unconfessed sin will spontaniously burn who ever has not confessed?

Page 14 of 102 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 101 102

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 09/19/24 11:34 AM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 09/19/24 11:04 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!