HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily, TheophilusOne), 1,877 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: Mountain Man] #159464
12/21/13 03:55 PM
12/21/13 03:55 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Terrible things have happened in the last 100 years. No doubt about it. But the USA has not formed an image to the beast. The USA has not legislated nor enforced the mark of the beast. Evil angels are not impersonating holy angels or deceased loved ones and encouraging people to obey laws enforcing the mark of the beast.

And rain did not fall until 7 days AFTER entering the Ark. By then, it was way to late.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: James Peterson] #159469
12/21/13 09:15 PM
12/21/13 09:15 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
///

This thread has got way off-topic. The "vultures" spoken of by Jesus in Mat. 24:28 are again spoken of in Rev. 19:17-21. The latter interprets the former, and both neither speak of "doctrines of the Roman Catholics", nor of their "Jesuit order."

Let the Bible interpret itself (2 Peter 1:20-21).

////

Wow, you don't even know what the topic of the quotes you use are about eh?

Revelation 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

The word you are quoting in Revelation 19:17-21 is the Greek word 'peteinon' which means 'bird'. This quote is about the war between the Beast and it's image and the people of God durring the second coming. David used a similar quote to enrage Goliath after Goliath had said he would feed the fowles with David's flesh.

1 Samuel 17:46 This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

The text you are quoting is specifically saying that the bodies of the wicked will be left unburried on the face of the earth so the wild animals and birds can eat them. (the ultimate denegration to most of the cultures of the world)

The word that Jesus says in Matthew 24 is 'aetos' which means specifically 'Eagle' in the majority of texts. It can also mean bird of prey or vultures, but Jesus is specifically talking about the same army that Moses prophecied about; Rome.

Jesus used that word just after saying in verse 26 "Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not."

The eagles are there for the corpse. They give their strength to the corpse until Jesus calls for the birds of the air to eat all of their corpses.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: Mountain Man] #159471
12/21/13 09:41 PM
12/21/13 09:41 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Terrible things have happened in the last 100 years. No doubt about it. But the USA has not formed an image to the beast. The USA has not legislated nor enforced the mark of the beast. Evil angels are not impersonating holy angels or deceased loved ones and encouraging people to obey laws enforcing the mark of the beast.

“Saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast.” Here is clearly presented a form of government in which the legislative power rests with the people, a most striking evidence that the United States is the nation denoted in the prophecy. {GC 442.3}
But what is the “image to the beast”? and how is it to be formed? The image is made by the two-horned beast, and is an image to the beast. It is also called an image of the beast. Then to learn what the image is like and how it is to be formed we must study the characteristics of the beast itself—the papacy. {GC 443.1}
When the early church became corrupted by departing from the simplicity of the gospel and accepting heathen rites and customs, she lost the Spirit and power of God; and in order to control the consciences of the people, she sought the support of the secular power. The result was the papacy, a church that controlled the power of the state and employed it to further her own ends, especially for the punishment of “heresy.” In order for the United States to form an image of the beast, the religious power must so control the civil government that the authority of the state will also be employed by the church to accomplish her own ends. {GC 443.2}

In the strictest sense you are correct brother M&M, but we are also assured that protestant America is on the verge of becomming the image to beast.

"It was apostasy that led the early church to seek the aid of the civil government, and this prepared the way for the development of the papacy—the beast. Said Paul: “There” shall “come a falling away, ... and that man of sin be revealed.” 2 Thessalonians 2:3. So apostasy in the church will prepare the way for the image to the beast. {GC 443.4}
The Bible declares that before the coming of the Lord there will exist a state of religious declension similar to that in the first centuries. “In the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.” 2 Timothy 3:1-5. “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.” 1 Timothy 4:1. Satan will work “with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness.” And all that “received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved,” will be left to accept “strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.” 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11. When this state of ungodliness shall be reached, the same results will follow as in the first centuries. {GC 444.1}

So the demonic aparitions that close to 1/6th of the world believes in, are definately precursurs to the image beast.

Here is where we are in the fulfillment of prophecy.

"When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power (echumenical movements signed by leaders of the protestant church since 1998), when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with Spiritualism (believing in ghosts which is rampant in the churches these days), when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and Republican government (the re-interpretation of the Constitution and our Bill of Rights since 9/11), and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan, and that the end is near.—Testimonies for the Church 5:451. {ChS 160.4}

We have made provision for the propagation of Papal falsehoods. The protestant churches have cowtowed to the beast.

We are now waiting for the marvelous working of Satan to appear to the world as an angel of light like he has been doing in the form of Mary and other saints for over a hundred years.

...The time is not far distant, when, like the early disciples, we shall be forced to seek a refuge in desolate and solitary places. As the siege of Jerusalem by the Roman armies was the signal for flight to the Judean Christians, so the assumption of power on the part of our nation, in the decree enforcing the papal sabbath, will be a warning to us. It will then be time to leave the large cities, preparatory to leaving the smaller ones for retired homes in secluded places among the mountains.—Testimonies for the Church 5:464, 465. {ChS 161.1}

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159475
12/22/13 02:36 AM
12/22/13 02:36 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
The text you are quoting is specifically saying that the bodies of the wicked will be left unburried on the face of the earth so the wild animals and birds can eat them. (the ultimate denegration to most of the cultures of the world)

The word that Jesus says in Matthew 24 is 'aetos' which means specifically 'Eagle' in the majority of texts. It can also mean bird of prey or vultures, but Jesus is specifically talking about the same army that Moses prophecied about; Rome.

Nobody knows the exact word Jesus used. The idea was that he was going to give the wicked over to demons for destruction at His Second Advent.

///
Jesus used that word just after saying in verse 26 "Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not."

The eagles are there for the corpse. They give their strength to the corpse until Jesus calls for the birds of the air to eat all of their corpses.

Eagles do not give strength to corps. They eat them. Please read the Bible with some commonsense and allow it to interpret itself. Don't push your agenda into it.

///

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: James Peterson] #159476
12/22/13 03:05 AM
12/22/13 03:05 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The ten horns originally helped the woman

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

But those same horns scorch the woman with fire and eat her flesh like the birds (they are the same).

Revelation 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

The same thing with the eagles. They are there for strength as an army but then they turn on the corpse.

The main reason the image of the corpse is used, is to illustrate that although the man lives and breaths, he is as good as dead. He is perdition in the flesh. The son of Perdition.

You have no idea how to rightly divide the truth Mr Peterson.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: James Peterson] #159477
12/22/13 03:08 AM
12/22/13 03:08 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Nobody knows the exact word Jesus used. The idea was that he was going to give the wicked over to demons for destruction at His Second Advent

Nobody knows what word Jesus used? I think the apostles would beg to differ. But we should agree that your intepretation is correct?

Mr Peterson If you do not believe in the divine protection on the word of God as He would have it, then you do not have the faith required to even have these discussions.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159478
12/22/13 03:16 AM
12/22/13 03:16 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Faith is believing in every word that proceeded from the mouth of God, but we don't know what word that is?

Shame.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159482
12/22/13 05:30 AM
12/22/13 05:30 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
The ten horns originally helped the woman

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

But those same horns scorch the woman with fire and eat her flesh like the birds (they are the same).

Revelation 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

The same thing with the eagles. They are there for strength as an army but then they turn on the corpse.

The main reason the image of the corpse is used, is to illustrate that although the man lives and breaths, he is as good as dead. He is perdition in the flesh. The son of Perdition.

You have no idea how to rightly divide the truth Mr Peterson.

Jesus was speaking of His Second Advent (NOT, as you suppose, about Jesuits and doctrines). Here is his full quote as given to us by Luke. Matthew gives us a different narrative:

"Remember Lot's wife. Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. I tell you, IN THAT NIGHT there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left ...... And they answered and said unto him, WHERE, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together." (Luke 17:32-37)

it is obvious that those taken will be called away to great deception for the express purpose of destruction to fall on their head at the Second Advent. That is why Jesus said to REMEMBER LOT'S WIFE.

////

Last edited by James Peterson; 12/22/13 05:32 AM.
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: APL] #159490
12/22/13 05:03 PM
12/22/13 05:03 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: APL
M: Terrible things have happened in the last 100 years. No doubt about it. But the USA has not formed an image to the beast. The USA has not legislated nor enforced the mark of the beast. Evil angels are not impersonating holy angels or deceased loved ones and encouraging people to obey laws enforcing the mark of the beast.

A: And rain did not fall until 7 days AFTER entering the Ark. By then, it was way to late.

True. But the equivalent in this case begins with the close of human probation. Many people will "come out" of Babylon during the Loud Cry. However, probation will close sooner for certain SDAs during the final shaking and sifting.

Do you see evidence to believe Jesus is more likely to return now than ever before?

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: Mountain Man] #159491
12/22/13 05:23 PM
12/22/13 05:23 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: JSOT
. . . protestant America is on the verge of becomming the image to beast.

There is no evidence to suggest the USA is more likely to form an image to the beast now than ever before. The USA is very far from uniting church and state. No one is claiming the ongoing rash of natural and man-made disasters is the result of God's anger and disfavor. No one is clamoring for Sunday Laws to appease God's wrath. And, more notably, the SDA Church is in no shape to boldly proclaim the 3AM during the MOB Crisis (mark of the beast crisis).

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!