HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,975
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 30
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 102 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 101 102
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159534
12/23/13 05:25 PM
12/23/13 05:25 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
All I can say is wow.

Kland and APL seem to think God is on the same level as fallen men or Satan, or even Hitler.

But if you cannot distinguish between right and wrong, then isn't it you who has put God on the same level as Hitler?

Suppose there was a non-biased third party. Suppose there existed someone like a martian. How would you explain to him that what God does is "right" but when Hitler or satan does the exact same thing, it is "wrong".

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159535
12/23/13 05:31 PM
12/23/13 05:31 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"The professed followers of Christ are on trial before the heavenly universe" {ChS 43.5}

We are on trial in heaven right now.

What would be the purpose if God does not execute justice?

The wicked are not resurrected because sin prevents them? Or is it because Jesus did not awaken them? It is both.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: kland] #159536
12/23/13 05:48 PM
12/23/13 05:48 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: kland
But if you cannot distinguish between right and wrong, then isn't it you who has put God on the same level as Hitler?

Suppose there was a non-biased third party. Suppose there existed someone like a martian. How would you explain to him that what God does is "right" but when Hitler or satan does the exact same thing, it is "wrong".

Well since there is nowhere in the Universe that God does not have a presence I am sure that even a few Martians would have an understanding of the power of God, if not only for the fact of the majesty of the heavens.

This is how I would explain it. Using the words of my Prophet.

"The Son of God, undertaking to become the Redeemer of the race, placed Adam in a new relation to his Creator. He was still fallen; but a door of hope was opened to him. The wrath of God still hung over Adam, but the execution of the sentence of death was delayed, and the indignation of God was restrained, because Christ had entered upon the work of becoming man’s Redeemer. Christ was to take the wrath of God, which in justice should fall upon man. He became a refuge for man, and, although man was indeed a criminal, deserving the wrath of God, yet he could, by faith in Christ, run into the refuge provided and be safe. In the midst of death there was life if man chose to accept it. The holy and infinite God, who dwelleth in light unapproachable, could no longer talk with man. No communication could now exist directly between man and his Maker. {Con 19.3}
God forbears, for a time, the full execution of the sentence of death pronounced upon man. Satan flattered himself that he had forever broken the link between heaven and earth. But in this he was greatly mistaken and disappointed. The Father had given the world into the hands of His Son for Him to redeem from the curse and the disgrace of Adam’s failure and fall. Through Christ alone can man now find access to God. And through Christ alone will the Lord hold communication with man. {Con 20.1}
Christ volunteered to maintain and vindicate the holiness of the divine law. He was not to do away the smallest part of its claims in the work of redemption for man, but, in order to save man and maintain the sacred claims and justice of His Father’s law, He gave Himself a sacrifice for the guilt of man. Christ’s life did not, in a single instance, detract from the claims of His Father’s law, but, through firm obedience to all its precepts and by dying for the sins of those who had transgressed it, He established its immutability. {Con 20.2}
After the transgression of Adam, Satan saw that the ruin was complete. The human race was brought into a deplorable condition. Man was cut off from intercourse with God. It was Satan’s design that the state of man should be the same as that of the fallen angels, in rebellion against God, uncheered by a gleam of hope. He reasoned that if God pardoned sinful man whom He had created, He would also pardon him and his angels and receive them into His favor. But he was disappointed. {Con 20.3}
The divine Son of God saw that no arm but His own could save fallen man, and He determined to help man. He left the fallen angels to perish in their rebellion, but stretched forth His hand to rescue perishing man. The angels who were rebellious were dealt with according to the light and experience they had abundantly enjoyed in heaven. Satan, the chief of the fallen angels, once had an exalted position in heaven. He was next in honor to Christ. The knowledge which he, as well as the angels who fell with him, had of the character of God, of His goodness, His mercy, wisdom, and excellent glory, made their guilt unpardonable. {Con 21.1}
There was no possible hope for the redemption of those who had witnessed and enjoyed the inexpressible glory of heaven, and had seen the terrible majesty of God, and, in presence of all this glory, had rebelled against Him. There were no new and wonderful exhibitions of God’s exalted power that could impress them so deeply as those they had already experienced. If they could rebel in the very presence of glory inexpressible, they could not be placed in a more favorable condition to be proved. There was no reserve force of power, nor were there any greater heights and depths of infinite glory to overpower their jealous doubts and rebellious murmuring. Their guilt and their punishment must be in proportion to their exalted privileges in the heavenly courts. {Con 21.2}

You think you are correct in making God impotent.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159537
12/23/13 06:30 PM
12/23/13 06:30 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Originally Posted By: APL
Not sure how can believe there is free will. How can there be free will is God is going to punish you for every bad thing you do. It is love me, or I will kill you! There is no free will in the scenario. Love can not be commanded. You believe that nothing happens unless Jesus says so. Thus rape is only be permission of God. The Lord's prayer asks for God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven, why? Because God's will is not being done on earth.

Death and destruction is caused by sin. ALL of it. God has given us freedom to think and do. God has given us also instruction on what we can not do, not because if we do God will punish us, but because if we do, it will destroy us. We can not violate God's law, and God's law is the instructions he put into each and every thing that God has made.

So God is only righteous if we see Him from your perspective eh?

If what you say is true, then why would God need to judge the world? If what ever sin causes it's own destruction then God could just sit back and let it happen, He wouldn't have to do anything in the situation. Yet a vast portion of the Sanctuary service points to a great judgment that every unfallen and redeemed creature gets to be a witness to. So there is a trial and no execution of judgment? That makes no sense.

Why would God need to have a trial at all if every unconfessed sin will spontaniously burn who ever has not confessed?

I do not believe you understand the great controversy is all about. Who ultimately is on trial? Who is the one that is accused? Romans 3:4 God forbid: yes, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That you might be justified in your sayings, and might overcome when you are judged.

If God had let Satan reap the natural consequences of his sin, he would have died. The universe would not have understood that this is the result of sin, and they would have worshipped God from fear. Fear that He destroys those that cross Him. As EGW says: God could have destroyed Satan and his sympathizers as easily as one can cast a pebble to the earth; but He did not do this. Rebellion was not to be overcome by force. Compelling power is found only under Satan's government. The Lord's principles are not of this order. His authority rests upon goodness, mercy, and love; and the presentation of these principles is the means to be used. God's government is moral, and truth and love are to be the prevailing power. {DA 759.1}

Rebellion is not to be overcome by force. Perhaps YOU jsot need to put aside your preconceived ideas of God, and see God as He is.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #159538
12/23/13 07:18 PM
12/23/13 07:18 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
1. You believe every act of punishment fits the withdraw and permit principle of punishment. True or false?

God is the restorer - Satan is the destroyer. EGW: The Saviour in His teachings ever showed the relation between cause and effect.

2. Evil angels are not free to wreak havoc as they please. They must have Jesus' permission to tempt or to destroy. Their hands are tied until Jesus unties them. True or false?

Evil angels have no free will? The history of Job had shown that suffering is inflicted by Satan, and is overruled by God for purposes of mercy. But Israel did not understand the lesson. The same error for which God had reproved the friends of Job was repeated by the Jews in their rejection of Christ. {DA 471.3} In the great controvery, Satan can claim foul for God interferring. At the end, God will withdraw all interference, and allow sin to go to completion.

3. Do you believe the death and destruction wrought by evil angels when Jesus permits represents the natural cause and effect consequence of sinning?

See #2

4. You have refused to post inspired passages you believe depict Jesus commanding His chosen people to wage war, to kill His enemies with the edge of the sword. Please explain why you have refused to post them.

As kland has said, you know the scripture references. Why repeat them over and over? God did give instructions to wayward Israel. But this in no wise proves that this was God's perfect will. You refuse to see the same situation with marriage and divorce, and with polygamy. Why?

5. You have not explained why you believe nature is self-acting, why you believe all Jesus need do is withdraw His restraining hand and the forces of nature will act in and of itself to cause the death and destruction Jesus is willing to permit. The SOP plainly says nature is not self-acting.

God causes the rain to fall on the just and the unjust. It is sin that God has restrained. See #2

6. Do you believe the death and destruction wrought by nature when Jesus permits represents the natural cause and effect consequence of sinning?

All death is caused by ultimately by sin. Luke 13:1-5 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2 And Jesus answering said to them, Suppose you that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? 3 I tell you, No: but, except you repent, you shall all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen, on whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think you that they were sinners above all men that dwelled in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, No: but, except you repent, you shall all likewise perish.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #159539
12/23/13 09:20 PM
12/23/13 09:20 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
APL you only see what you want to and are in complete denyal of everything else that has been written.

By everything you keep saying after evidence has been shown, you directly contradict the statements from the Spirit of Prophecy, which means you are the one who is being unballanced in your views.

Earlier we were talking about the Canaanites. Look at this quote and tell me God did not destroy them.

"The inhabitants had been granted ample opportunity for repentance. Forty years before, the judgments on Egypt had testified to the power of the God of Israel. The overthrow of Midian, of Gilead and Bashan, had further shown that He was above all gods. His abhorrence of impurity had been demonstrated in the judgments on Israel for their participation in the abominable rites of Baal-peor. All these events were known to the inhabitants of Jericho. Many shared Rahab’s conviction, though they refused to obey it, that the God of Israel “is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath.” Like the men before the Flood, the Canaanites lived only to blaspheme Heaven and defile the earth. Both love and justice demanded the execution of these rebels against God and foes to man. {EP 349.2}

BOTH LOVE AND JUSTICE DEMANDED THEIR EXECUTION.

The more you get into this APL the more you seem to be questioning the position of Mrs White on this subject. You sure you want to continue hardening your heart?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159540
12/23/13 09:30 PM
12/23/13 09:30 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I also know that God is the one that Satan accused and the Father is on trial, but in the process of trying to bring contempt on the Father Satan caused the fall of man, and we were already created under probation, we were given a second probation and we are on trial right now. So there is two trials going on right now.

Remember? Satan; the accuser of the brethren. He is called this because we are being prosecuted by him.

"The Son of God, undertaking to become the Redeemer of the race, placed Adam in a new relation to his Creator. He was still fallen; but a door of hope was opened to him. The wrath of God still hung over Adam, but the execution of the sentence of death was delayed, and the indignation of God was restrained, because Christ had entered upon the work of becoming man’s Redeemer. Christ was to take the wrath of God, which in justice should fall upon man. He became a refuge for man, and, although man was indeed a criminal, deserving the wrath of God, yet he could, by faith in Christ, run into the refuge provided and be safe. In the midst of death there was life if man chose to accept it. The holy and infinite God, who dwelleth in light unapproachable, could no longer talk with man. No communication could now exist directly between man and his Maker. {Con 19.3}
God forbears, for a time, the full execution of the sentence of death pronounced upon man. Satan flattered himself that he had forever broken the link between heaven and earth. But in this he was greatly mistaken and disappointed. The Father had given the world into the hands of His Son for Him to redeem from the curse and the disgrace of Adam’s failure and fall. Through Christ alone can man now find access to God. And through Christ alone will the Lord hold communication with man. {Con 20.1}
... Their guilt and their punishment must be in proportion to their exalted privileges in the heavenly courts." {Con 21.2}

How do you ignore this? Ignorance.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159544
12/23/13 10:15 PM
12/23/13 10:15 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
How do you ignore all that has been written, no lack understanding how difficult words can have clarity. Do you know what justice is? Is if the infliction of punishment? Or is justice right doing? Have you studied the execution of justice in the OT? Do you know what the wrath of God actually is? To quote EGW, "God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression". Are you ignorant of this fact jsot? HOW does the sentence against transgression get executed? Again quoting EGW, "but He [God] leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown. Every ray of light rejected, every warning despised or unheeded, every passion indulged, every transgression of the law of God, is a seed sown which yields its unfailing harvest. The Spirit of God, persistently resisted, is at last withdrawn from the sinner, and then there is left no power to control the evil passions of the soul, and no protection from the malice and enmity of Satan.".

God forbearance is what keeps the sentence of death from going forward. God's wrath, as defined in Romans 1, is when God's spirit is withdrawn, and the sinner is given up. This the universe did not know in the beginning of sin. This is what Jesus demonstrated to all on the cross. Look at Jesus!

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #159545
12/23/13 10:18 PM
12/23/13 10:18 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
APL,

Do you know what "stand toward" is?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Green Cochoa] #159546
12/23/13 11:27 PM
12/23/13 11:27 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
APL you consistantly use and abuse those two texts from the Great controversy.

"but He [God] leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves".

What this is describing is the end of probation. At the end of probation the wicked turn on the righteous and assail them from every angle. They are just about to murder the chosen of God when He interveigns by destroying the wicked by lightning from heaven.

What you are quoting over and over has nothing to do with the execution of judgment.

The other quote you keep using "God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression" is to give us the image of seeing God with His arms open and full of love, not as an executioner.

It does not say that God does not execute justice, but that God is not to be viewed as an executioner because He has done all He can to save the wicked.

Page 15 of 102 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 101 102

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 09/19/24 11:34 AM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 09/19/24 11:04 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!