HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily), 2,156 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: Mountain Man] #159500
12/22/13 08:09 PM
12/22/13 08:09 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: JSOT
. . . protestant America is on the verge of becomming the image to beast.

There is no evidence to suggest the USA is more likely to form an image to the beast now than ever before. The USA is very far from uniting church and state. No one is claiming the ongoing rash of natural and man-made disasters is the result of God's anger and disfavor. No one is clamoring for Sunday Laws to appease God's wrath. And, more notably, the SDA Church is in no shape to boldly proclaim the 3AM during the MOB Crisis (mark of the beast crisis).

Wow, you have been totally blinded.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: James Peterson] #159501
12/22/13 08:28 PM
12/22/13 08:28 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
The ten horns originally helped the woman

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

But those same horns scorch the woman with fire and eat her flesh like the birds (they are the same).

Revelation 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

The same thing with the eagles. They are there for strength as an army but then they turn on the corpse.

The main reason the image of the corpse is used, is to illustrate that although the man lives and breaths, he is as good as dead. He is perdition in the flesh. The son of Perdition.

You have no idea how to rightly divide the truth Mr Peterson.

Jesus was speaking of His Second Advent (NOT, as you suppose, about Jesuits and doctrines). Here is his full quote as given to us by Luke. Matthew gives us a different narrative:

"Remember Lot's wife. Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. I tell you, IN THAT NIGHT there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left ...... And they answered and said unto him, WHERE, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together." (Luke 17:32-37)

it is obvious that those taken will be called away to great deception for the express purpose of destruction to fall on their head at the Second Advent. That is why Jesus said to REMEMBER LOT'S WIFE.

////

Jesus was describing the events that would be occurring just before His second advent. He gave the riddle as a sign for when to look for the second coming.

God has given signs when to leave the cities.

The reason Jesus says remember lots wife, is so those who see the fulfillment of the signs of the times will remember what will happen to those who delay their exit from the cities.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159502
12/22/13 08:42 PM
12/22/13 08:42 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Moses was the first to put the word of God to paper.

In the visions and dreams that God gave Moses are the fundamental prophetic keys which unlock prophecies throughout the Bible.

When Moses had a vision by God about ROME destroying Jerusalem thousands of years later and God used the word EAGLE to do so, this sets bible precident for use of the word to be about the armies of Rome.

Jesus said the destruction of Jerusalem is parallel to the second coming. He said where the corpse is the eagles will gather.

This is to say that when the corpse is in power the armies of Rome shall gather again. Soon will be the sign to leave the cities (Sunday Law) and if we delay we would be destroyed like Lot's wife. How easy, yet you make it so difficult.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159510
12/23/13 02:01 AM
12/23/13 02:01 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"By the Spirit of Inspiration, looking far down the ages, Moses pictured the terrible scenes of Israel’s final overthrow as a nation, and the destruction of Jerusalem by the armies of Rome: “The Lord shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand; a nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor show favor to the young.” {PP 467.1}
The utter wasting of the land and the horrible suffering of the people during the siege of Jerusalem under Titus (Rome) centuries later, were vividly portrayed: “He shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed.... And he shall besiege thee in all thy gates, until thy high and fenced walls come down, wherein thou trustedst, throughout all thy land.... Thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the Lord thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee.” “The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, ... and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.” {PP 467.2}

This is a prophecy that was fulfilled in history verifyably, prophesied by Moses over 1,400 years earlier.

The repeat of history will fulfill the second seige of Israel with the Roman armies against the true people of God. The SDA church is the only church which fulfills the marks of the end time church, which keep the commandments of God and have the Spirit of Prophecy, and from our congregations is the true testimony of Jesus Christ. The remnant come from the SDA church, prepared by the message and complete in the image of the glory of God.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159516
12/23/13 04:10 AM
12/23/13 04:10 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
J: . . . protestant America is on the verge of becomming the image to beast.

M: There is no evidence to suggest the USA is more likely to form an image to the beast now than ever before. The USA is very far from uniting church and state. No one is claiming the ongoing rash of natural and man-made disasters is the result of God's anger and disfavor. No one is clamoring for Sunday Laws to appease God's wrath. And, more notably, the SDA Church is in no shape to boldly proclaim the 3AM during the MOB Crisis (mark of the beast crisis).

J: Wow, you have been totally blinded.

I'm afraid it is the truth. I'm not blind. I wish it was otherwise.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: Mountain Man] #159523
12/23/13 04:22 PM
12/23/13 04:22 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Pope Francis Has a Few Words in Support of Leisure
By MARK OPPENHEIMER
Published: April 26, 2013

On Tuesday, “Pope Francis: His Life in His Own Words,” a book of conversations with the man who was then Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, will be published in English (Putnam; $24.95). These interviews from 2010 with two journalists in Argentina yield cute facts about the new boss of the church — a favorite movie? “Babette’s Feast” — but not much interesting theology.
But one passage in the book, at first glance rather slight, ends up insinuating a radical note into the proceedings. On a close read, it seems that Pope Francis believes that we must — indeed, that God is calling us to — relax. Responding to the question, “Do we need to rediscover the meaning of leisure?” Pope Francis replies: “Together with a culture of work, there must be a culture of leisure as gratification. To put it another way: people who work must take the time to relax, to be with their families, to enjoy themselves, read, listen to music, play a sport. But this is being destroyed, in large part, by the elimination of the Sabbath rest day. More and more people work on Sundays as a consequence of the competitiveness imposed by a consumer society.” In such cases, he concludes, “work ends up dehumanizing people.” New York Times reporting.

-Read whole article here-

You don't see how far this has gone Mountain Man?

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159528
12/23/13 04:52 PM
12/23/13 04:52 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Read that article, the New York Times are allowing an editorial that sounds like prostelitizing for Catholic appologetics,

"The idea of a Catholic exalting the Sabbath sounds particularly peculiar in the American context. In the United States, Catholics were never the great proponents of Sabbatarianism, observing Sunday as a special day, for worship or rest. That was a Protestant thing. (What? J.T.)

"From the moment the Puritans arrived, they began enforcing laws to reserve Sunday for churchgoing. Over time, what came to be called “blue laws” covered different activities, and varied by state. Some laws forbade hunting on Sunday, others the sale of liquor, others any commercial activity. In religious towns, cultural norms made some recreation, like sports, taboo as well. As a child being raised in a Pentecostal family, John Ashcroft, the former attorney general, wasn’t allowed to ride a bicycle on Sundays."

(There is so much information to glean from these words it makes my head swim. This is the mind of the masses.They are so convinced that Sunday is the Sabbath that they call it that publically and most still do not know it was changed. Look at how the lines get blurred in that article like it doesn't matter what day it is...)

"Today, the laws are disappearing, relics of a time when Protestant culture was more dominant. Connecticut, for example, finally decided to permit Sunday liquor sales last year. And in the United States, Sunday has lost its sacred character. Most Christians see little conflict in going to church in the morning, then watching a football game — maybe with the family, or maybe at a sports bar — in the afternoon.
The Sabbatarian tradition is upheld, in a serious way, by some small groups of religious Protestants and, of course, by observant Jews. And, it so happens, by those who think of themselves as both Christian and Jewish. “Messianic Jews,” who believe in the divinity of Jesus but pay special attention to the Jewish roots of Christianity, are often very attached to Sabbath observance."

Where is the distinction that Jews observe the Sabbath on SATURDAY the seventh day of the week?

This blatant disrespect seems orchestrated, don't you think? The New York Times reporting like this?

But no such article would be complete without bashing on Sabbath keepers...

"Sarah Posner, a staff writer for the ReligionDispatches.org Web site, recalled a conference of messianic Jews she attended last year in Ellicott City, Md. “They weren’t selling their books, CDs and DVDs on Saturday, because they didn’t want to exchange money,” Ms. Posner said. “But they were using electricity” — which traditionally observant Jews would not."

The whole article makes God weep. We are much further advanced into the breach than most people in our church will admit.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159530
12/23/13 04:58 PM
12/23/13 04:58 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Continuing...

"But in Catholicism, as Pope Francis suggests, the Sabbath actually is supposed to matter — the whole day, not just Mass. For as the catechism teaches, in Paragraph 2185, “On Sundays and other holy days of obligation, the faithful are to refrain from engaging in work or activities that hinder the worship owed to God, the joy proper to the Lord’s Day, the performance of the works of mercy, and the appropriate relaxation of mind and body.”

The Catholic Church has been recovering this teaching at least since 1998, when Pope John Paul II published his apostolic letter “Dies Domini.” There, he writes that “even in those countries which give legal sanction to the festive character of Sunday, changes in socioeconomic conditions have often led to profound modifications of social behavior and hence of the character of Sunday.”

Last October, about 250 bishops met in Rome for a conference on the movement called the New Evangelization, which focuses on reawakening faith in those already baptized. One of their conclusions was, “Even though there is a tension between the Christian Sunday and the secular Sunday, Sunday needs to be recovered” — in keeping, they wrote, with John Paul’s “Dies Domini.”

Of course, those who preach a relaxing Sabbath, with friends and family, are often working hardest on the day they exalt. For clergy members, the Sabbath is the busiest workday of the week. One charm of the book “Pope Francis” is how much we learn about the new pope’s pastimes, like reading the German Romantic poet Friedrich Hölderlin and listening to Verdi’s operas. One imagines that now, more than ever, Sunday is not his day for leisure reading, nor a good time to catch a showing of “Babette’s Feast.”

Mark.e.oppenheimer@gmail

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159531
12/23/13 04:59 PM
12/23/13 04:59 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I guess we know where the New York Times stands in this matter.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: Mountain Man] #159532
12/23/13 05:03 PM
12/23/13 05:03 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: JSOT
. . . protestant America is on the verge of becomming the image to beast.

There is no evidence to suggest the USA is more likely to form an image to the beast now than ever before. The USA is very far from uniting church and state. No one is claiming the ongoing rash of natural and man-made disasters is the result of God's anger and disfavor. No one is clamoring for Sunday Laws to appease God's wrath. And, more notably, the SDA Church is in no shape to boldly proclaim the 3AM during the MOB Crisis (mark of the beast crisis).
Actually with hurricane Katrina, there were some saying that. And look at the world trade towers. Think congress was able to pass all those laws in just a few days? Think again. It was pre-planned, just waiting for the right conditions. Whether the towers were planned or not, I do not know, but congress took advantage of the circumstances. Think there aren't yet more restrictive laws already planned and just waiting to be put in place when the next disaster happens? Think again!

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!