HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily, TheophilusOne), 1,877 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: kland] #159541
12/23/13 09:40 PM
12/23/13 09:40 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Court of Appeal Recognises In Law Sunday as Christian Rest Day
The Court of Appeal has today (5th December) upheld protection of Sundays as a day of worship and rest for Christians. In a landmark judgment, the Court of Appeal dismissed earlier findings that Sunday observance was ‘not a core component of the Christian faith’. The ruling comes in the case of children’s worker, Celestina Mba, reports Christian Concern for our Nation.

The Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal had ruled that since not all Christians observe Sunday, it could not be a ‘core component’ of the Christian faith and was therefore not safeguarded.

Had such logic prevailed, Christians could not have expected the Courts to protect them from pressure to work on Sundays.

Importantly, the Court of Appeal today rejected this reasoning saying that the faith of the individual believer should be recognised and in principle protected. Employment Tribunals must balance the religious beliefs of their employees in relation to business need. Crucially, the Court recognised that Sunday observance is a valid and genuine expression of faith for many Christians and cannot be simply jettisoned. This principle stands in sharp contrast to other cases in recent years.

However, in spite of finding that an 'error of law' had been made in earlier rulings, the Court of Appeal upheld Celestina's dismissal. Christian Telegraph

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159542
12/23/13 09:43 PM
12/23/13 09:43 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Catholic Church Pushing for Sunday Law in Polish Parliament (October 2013)
"Today in Parliament held a conference .. Free Sunday. Representatives of the Catholic discussed include about how important for the healthy functioning of families is free Sunday, presented the arguments in favor of legal protection that day ... Free Sunday is nothing but the improvement of working conditions. I am confident that it will succeed, we will have a free Sunday - said Bujara."

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159589
12/25/13 12:18 AM
12/25/13 12:18 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
///

Will there ever be a "US Sunday Blue Law" that takes hold internationally? Will SDA be persecuted for failing to abide by it; and will they have to run from the cities because of it? Will Protestantism + Catholicism be its sponsor in response to natural disasters of unprecedented levels?

The answer to all those questions, according to the Bible, is a big yawn! In other words, it really doesn't figure in the grand scheme of things. Instead, Jesus said, "THIS GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and THEN the end will come."

The question is, "What is THIS gospel of the Kingdom; and are you preaching it, or have you been derailed by false prophecies?"

///

Last edited by James Peterson; 12/25/13 12:35 AM.
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: James Peterson] #159591
12/25/13 01:17 AM
12/25/13 01:17 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
You are here Mr Peterson for the express purpose of persecuting the saints, I think this is sufficient evidence who the remnant are.

If we were not a threat to your leader and everything the Catholic church stands for then you would not be here.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159593
12/25/13 03:18 AM
12/25/13 03:18 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
You are here Mr Peterson for the express purpose of persecuting the saints, I think this is sufficient evidence who the remnant are.

If we were not a threat to your leader and everything the Catholic church stands for then you would not be here.

The question is, "What is THIS gospel of the Kingdom; and are you preaching it, or have you been derailed by false prophecies?" Why are you afraid to answer?

///

Last edited by James Peterson; 12/25/13 03:19 AM.
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: James Peterson] #159595
12/25/13 04:01 AM
12/25/13 04:01 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The Lord is my strength and He is my song, my rock and my salvation and in Him I will trust.

This gospel is the good news, that Jesus has already suffered the wrath for us if we repent.

He led me directly to the doors of the Seventh Day Adventist Church with the power of the Holy Spirit the day He taught me about the Sabbath, and took away my adiction to alcohol that day 18 years ago.

He led me to the church who keep the Commandments of God and the Testimony of Jesus.

Every prophetic word given to Mrs White is more than confirmed in my heart before even reading every word, because of the perfection of her inspired message to what God has shown me. I have no doubt in my heart because of the miracles God has led me to and through in this wonderful walk of faith.

The Spirit of Prophecy has been revealed to my heart directly by God that His servants writings are from Him, and I will stand on this foundation till He comes, or life is taken from me.

The perfection of her gift from God was beyond true reproach. She would have visions in front of people and it was proven that she didn't breath even one breath for over an hour. Her face would shine like heaven was reflected from her face and she would receive super human strength and no man could knock her over. She was given messages direct from God that answered some of scriptures greatest mysteries, and none of them contradict any other part of scripture and this is a sign that it is from God.

Did she have to learn some serious lessons, most definately, but when the fear was replaced with confidence she did not waver in the faith till her death.

Mrs White was the handmaden of the Lord prophecied for the last days. Through her inspired message the 144,000 will be prepared for the last days, and men who have fought against the message will have shame written on their faces.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159596
12/25/13 04:17 AM
12/25/13 04:17 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Elder White told the people about the visions given to Mrs. White. He explained that visions had been given to her since she was a young woman of seventeen. He told them that although her eyes were open, and it seemed as if she were watching something in the distance, she was absolutely unconscious of her surroundings and knew nothing of what was going on about her. He referred to Numbers 24:4 and Numbers 24:16, where we read of one “which heard the words of God, and know the knowledge of the Most High, which saw the vision of the Almighty, falling into a trance, but having his eyes open.” {CCh 10.5}
He explained to the people that she did not breathe while in vision. Then he turned to Daniel 10:17 and read Daniel’s experience while in vision: “There remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me.” Elder White next invited those who cared to do so to come forward and examine Mrs. White. He always gave freedom for such an examination and was pleased if a physician was present who could examine her while in vision. {CCh 11.1}
As the people pressed close, they saw that Mrs. White did not breathe, yet her heart continued to beat normally, and the color of her cheeks was natural. A mirror was brought and held before her face, but no moisture gathered on the mirror. Then they brought a candle and lit it and held it close to her nose and mouth. But the flame stood erect, without a flicker. The people could see that she did not breathe. She walked about the room, moving her arms gracefully as she spoke in short exclamations of what was being revealed to her. Like Daniel, there had at first been a loss of natural strength; then supernatural strength was imparted to her. See Daniel 10:7, 8, 18, 19. {CCh 11.2}
For two hours Mrs. White was in vision. For two hours she did not breathe. Then as the vision came to a close, she took a deep inhalation, paused for about a minute, breathed again, and soon was breathing naturally. At the same time she began to recognize her surroundings, becoming conscious of what was going on about her. {CCh 11.3}
One who often saw Mrs. White in vision, Mrs. Martha Amadon, gives the following description: {CCh 11.4}
“In vision her eyes were open. There was no breath, but there were graceful movements of the shoulder, arms, the hands, expressive of what she saw. It was impossible for anyone else to move her hands or arms. She often uttered words singly and sometimes sentences which expressed to those about her the nature of the view she was having, either of heaven or of earth. {CCh 11.5}
“Her first word in vision was ‘glory,’ sounding at first close by, and then dying away in the distance, seemingly far away. This was sometimes repeated.... {CCh 11.6}
“There was no excitement among those present during a vision; nothing caused fear. It was a solemn, quiet scene.... {CCh 11.7}
“When the vision was ended, and she lost sight of the heavenly light, as it were coming back to the earth once more, she would exclaim with a long-draw sigh, as she took her first natural breath, ‘D-a-r-k.’ She was then limp and strengthless.” {CCh 11.8}
But we must return to our story of the two-hour vision in the schoolhouse. Of this vision Mrs. White later wrote: {CCh 12.1}
“Most of the matter which I had seen ten years before concerning the great controversy of the ages between Christ and Satan, was repeated, and I was instructed to write it out.” {CCh 12.2}
In the vision it seemed to her that she was present, witnessing the scenes as they appeared before her. First it seemed that she was in heaven, where she witnessed the fall of Lucifer. Then she witnessed the creation of the world and saw our first parents in their Eden home. She saw them yield to the temptations of the serpent and lose their garden home. In quick succession Bible history passed before her. She saw the experience of the patriarchs and prophets of Israel. She witnessed the life and death of our Saviour Jesus Christ and his ascension to heaven, where he has been ministering as our high priest ever since. {CCh 12.3}
Following these she saw the disciples go forth to spread the gospel message to the ends of the earth. Quickly this was followed by the apostasy and the dark ages! Then she saw in vision the reformation, as noble men and women at the risk of their lives stood for truth. She was brought down to the scenes of the judgment which began in heaven in 1844, and on to our day; then she was taken into the future and saw the coming of Christ in the clouds of heaven. She witnessed the scenes of the millennium and the earth made new. {CCh 12.4}
With these vivid representations before her, Mrs. White, after returning to her home, undertook to write out what she had seen and heard in the vision. About six months later a little 219-page volume came from the press bearing the title The Great Controversy between Christ and his Angels and Satan and his Angels. {CCh 12.5}
The little book was received enthusiastically, for it portrayed vividly the experience that was before the church, and unmasked the plans of Satan and the manner in which he will attempt to mislead the church and the world in the last conflict of earth. How thankful the Adventists were that God was speaking to them in these last days through the spirit of prophecy, just as he had promised to do. {CCh 12.6}
The account of the Great Controversy, so briefly told in the little volume of Spiritual Gifts, was later reprinted in the last half of Early Writings, and may be found there today. {CCh 12.7}
“As the Spirit of God has opened to my mind the great truths of His word, and the scenes of the past and the future, I have been bidden to make known to others that which has thus been revealed—to trace the history of the controversy in past ages, and especially so to present it as to shed a light on the fast-approaching struggle of the future.” {CCh 13.2}

This is from God.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159599
12/25/13 08:07 AM
12/25/13 08:07 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
He led me to the church who keep the Commandments of God and the Testimony of Jesus.

All Christians have the Testimony of Jesus Christ through John the Apostle. It is found in the book of Revelation. And all those who keep the commandments of God will suffer persecution.

Neither Ellen White nor her many books constitute the Testimony of Jesus. For her to claim so, and for you to teach so, is willful deception. See Rev. 22:18-20.

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of THIS BOOK, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. He which TESTIFIETH these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

Be careful lest you be weighed in the balances and found wanting.

///

Last edited by James Peterson; 12/25/13 08:11 AM.
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: James Peterson] #159623
12/26/13 09:04 PM
12/26/13 09:04 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

All Christians have the Testimony of Jesus Christ through John the Apostle. It is found in the book of Revelation. And all those who keep the commandments of God will suffer persecution.

Neither Ellen White nor her many books constitute the Testimony of Jesus. For her to claim so, and for you to teach so, is willful deception. See Rev. 22:18-20.

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of THIS BOOK, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. He which TESTIFIETH these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

Be careful lest you be weighed in the balances and found wanting.

///
You have been weighed in the ballance and found wanting... I truly feel pain for what you will go through in a very short while. You will become enraged against the saints even when evidence is made sure, and you will persecute God's people with violence.

I'm very glad that you have fully exposed yourself as the enemy of the faith of the people assembled here so they can be made aware of your motivation. God has answered my prayer like He laways does.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159626
12/26/13 11:57 PM
12/26/13 11:57 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
You have been weighed in the ballance and found wanting... I truly feel pain for what you will go through in a very short while. You will become enraged against the saints even when evidence is made sure, and you will persecute God's people with violence.

I'm very glad that you have fully exposed yourself as the enemy of the faith of the people assembled here so they can be made aware of your motivation. God has answered my prayer like He laways does.

Before you bring out YOUR scale, consider the following:

1. All Christians have the Testimony of Jesus Christ through John the Apostle. It is found in the book of Revelation. TRUE or FALSE?

2. All those who keep the commandments of God will suffer persecution. TRUE or FALSE?

Be careful.

///

Last edited by James Peterson; 12/26/13 11:58 PM.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!