HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,976
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 30
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,656 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 102 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 101 102
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #159756
12/29/13 04:52 PM
12/29/13 04:52 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: mm
Sin does not kill sinners.
And there is lies the big question. I guess the problem with sin is that it makes god mad and makes him want to torture and kill sinners. Of course, what is the sentence against transgression? The second death. And EGW says that God is not the executioner of the sentence against transgression, but does what?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #159762
12/29/13 11:36 PM
12/29/13 11:36 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: APL
Indeed, save us from the wrath of the LAMB.

You prove your ignorance again APL.

Look at this quote very carefully and see if you should ask forgiveness before you see the wrath of the lamb.

"The Saviour is presented before John under the symbols of “the Lion of the tribe of Judah” and of “a Lamb as it had been slain.” Revelation 5:5, 6. These symbols represent the union of omnipotent power and self-sacrificing love. The Lion of Judah, so terrible to the rejectors of His grace, will be the Lamb of God to the obedient and faithful. The pillar of fire that speaks terror and wrath to the transgressor of God’s law is a token of light and mercy and deliverance to those who have kept His commandments. The arm strong to smite the rebellious will be strong to deliver the loyal. Everyone who is faithful will be saved. “He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.” Matthew 24:31. {AA 589.2}

This is proof that you are wrong APL, but God has told me you will not repent.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159763
12/29/13 11:43 PM
12/29/13 11:43 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Thanks for giving me the perfect search query APL to prove what God has been sharing with me about this issue...

"I was shown that the seven last plagues will be poured out after Jesus leaves the sanctuary. Said the angel, “It is the wrath of God and the Lamb that causes the destruction or death of the wicked. At the voice of God the saints will be mighty and terrible as an army with banners, but they will not then execute the judgment written. The execution of the judgment will be at the close of the one thousand years.” {EW 52.1}

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159764
12/29/13 11:50 PM
12/29/13 11:50 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
So I guess it comes down to this, if you believe you are correct that execution of Justice is murder, then you do not agree with the writtings of Ellen White, and this will drive you away from the church.

I fear for you.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159767
12/30/13 01:38 AM
12/30/13 01:38 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Father please pour out your Spirit to unify your church in truth so that when we venture to teach others of your grace it is so defined in our souls that they can see it as well as hear it.

We need to be unified on these issues or it divides the brethren.

In what the Spirit tells me, if we misrepresent the character of God through scripture, it destroys faith. There is only power in the word of God in purity of truth, not in made up fables. There is no power in fables or lies.

Truth when discovered is verified in nature itself.

Truth is perfection in the knowledge of the Glory of the Lord.

Truth has a circuit, there is no variableness of it's path, and when the current reaches back to "GOD ALMIGHTY" the result is always perfect truth. This kind of truth will never fail, but it will always be misunderstood by those who misrepresent God, till the end.

Thank you Father for the promise of your response to this prayer. Always in the name of your Son, Amen.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159770
12/30/13 05:57 AM
12/30/13 05:57 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
So I guess it comes down to this, if you believe you are correct that execution of Justice is murder, then you do not agree with the writtings of Ellen White, and this will drive you away from the church.

I fear for you.

Actually, it is Ellen that says God is not the executioner. It is Ellen that says that God destroys no man. It is Ellen that says that Jesus came to the dark cloud over God's character. It is not me you should fear for my friend. Thankfully we have God's word. You should understand what God's wrath really is. The Jews after their rejection of Christ, confirmed in their stubborn impenitence and had refused the last offers of mercy, “God withdrew His protection from them and removed His restraining power from Satan and his angels, and the nation was left to the control of the leader she had chosen” {GC 28}.

When God’s wrath against sin fell upon Christ as our substitute, it was the separation from His Father that caused Him such great anguish. “This agony He must not exert His divine power to escape. As man He must suffer the consequence of man’s sin. As man He must endure the wrath of God against transgression” {DA 686}. Finally, on the cross, “the wrath of God against sin, the terrible manifestation of His displeasure because of iniquity, filled the soul of His Son with consternation. … The withdrawal of the divine countenance from the Saviour in this hour of supreme anguish pierced His heart with a sorrow that can never be fully understood by man” {DA 753}.

Paul explains in Romans 1:24; Romans 1:26; Romans 1:28, God reveals His wrath by turning impenitent men over to the inevitable results of their rebellion. This persistent resistance of God’s love and mercy culminates in the final revelation of God’s wrath on that day when the Spirit of God is at last withdrawn. Unsheltered by divine grace, the wicked have no protection from the evil one. “As the angels of God cease to hold in check the fierce winds of human passion, all the elements of strife will be let loose” {GC 614}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #159773
12/30/13 07:36 AM
12/30/13 07:36 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
It's true that God allows sin to reveal its malignant character and natural results. In Jerusalem the many factions in Judea were striving for dominion, some violently agitating to throw off the Romes, others pleading caution and being killed because of it, the fierce passions unleashed and unrestrained by the Holy Spirit caused terrible results. Satan was in control. It was their rebellion that brought the Roman armies against them.

So it will be when Christ leaves the sanctuary and the Holy Spirit is withdrawn from the rejecters of His grace. Sin will reveal the terrible reality of what selfish, power hungry carnal natures will do -- it will be a terrible time.

There is no question on that point.

Also that God is merciful and has done everything possible to save and restore is also wonderful truth.

But why do you make God's judgment upon those who chose to follow the great rebel a sinister thing?

Hebrews 10:26-31 is part of a powerful message of Christ's all sufficient and wonderful ministry for the saving of people. Yet it is a warning of the judgment.

Last edited by dedication; 12/30/13 07:38 AM.
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159776
12/30/13 02:41 PM
12/30/13 02:41 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: kland
Was Hitler using righteousness to accomplish his goal?

The fact that you persist in writing such a question down shows contempt.
Contempt? Who, you?

Of course God does not do the same thing as Hitler.

The motivations of God could never be compared. He has proven His love so perfectly that there is NO EXCUSE for sin.

The execution of judgment is in perfect righteousness, not in the satanic fury but in the righteous wrath of God against satanic fury.

Who died first? Able was killed by his own brother in the spirit of satanic fury. Did God destroy Cain immediately? No, is he marked for destruction? most definately.
First you say God does not do the same thing as Hitler, and then immediately you swap it with "motivations". Which by so doing, you do indeed say that God does do the exact same thing as Hitler, just you justify it as "righteousness", 'because it's for a good purpose'. Just like Hitler. Ask Hitler if he was using righteousness. Ask those who believed in him if he was using righteousness.

This is what I'm talking about. You and APL both are confusing the issue.

"have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?Matthew 12:5... in doing his work on the Sabbath day, is he committing a sin?

You do not know the difference between sacred or Holy things and what is common or earthly things.

You both put God on the same order as Hitler and accuse me of doing the deed?

But James, I think you are confused as to how to separate the two. I am indeed accusing you of putting God on the same order as Hitler as you do not know the difference between sacred or Holy things and what is common or earthly things. You are unable to distinguish between the two.

If you think you can make a distinction, why not do it? But you do not know the difference between right and wrong. You only make a distinction between who is doing the act, although the act is exactly the same.

Until you make a distinction between right and wrong, you will continue to see God acting in the same way as Hitler. You just say that one dictator is "righteous" and the other dictator is "unrighteous". Which means some other opinion may be different. Until you make the distinction between right and wrong, anything that APL or others say will make absolutely no sense to you as you don't see a problem with God doing something which is wrong. Therefore, you do see God doing things that are "wrong" but you whitewash them as being "right". Only after you understand what you are doing will looking at any specific instance mean anything to you.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159778
12/30/13 02:50 PM
12/30/13 02:50 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: APL
Indeed, save us from the wrath of the LAMB.

You prove your ignorance again APL.

Look at this quote very carefully and see if you should ask forgiveness before you see the wrath of the lamb.

Quote:
Re 6:16 And they said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him sitting on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;
So why do the wicked say, "wrath of the Lamb"?
As you pointed out, He is referred to as a Lion elsewhere. So why don't the wicked say, "wrath of the Lion of the tribe of Judah"?

Yikes! It's the baby sheep!

Run for your lives!

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: kland] #159787
12/30/13 03:35 PM
12/30/13 03:35 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland

Until you make a distinction between right and wrong, you will continue to see God acting in the same way as Hitler. You just say that one dictator is "righteous" and the other dictator is "unrighteous". Which means some other opinion may be different. Until you make the distinction between right and wrong, anything that APL or others say will make absolutely no sense to you as you don't see a problem with God doing something which is wrong. Therefore, you do see God doing things that are "wrong" but you whitewash them as being "right". Only after you understand what you are doing will looking at any specific instance mean anything to you.

Wow -- people really equate God's righteous acts with Hitler?
Sounds to me like satan talking, saying, "God has no right to end my reign, I can kill, main and ruin everything God has made and stands for, but God DARE NOT punish or put an end to me or my henchmen or I will accuse Him of being the worst tyrant and the cause of it all.

According to your reasoning Hitler should not have been stopped and God should just step aside -- get out of the way so satan can take over???

To satisfy that outrageous claim, God will withdraw for a short time and everyone will see what a disaster to everything that is just and good allowing Satan full reign will be.
The righteous justice of God in putting a final and complete end to it will be acknowledged by all.

Page 22 of 102 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 101 102

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 09/20/24 01:04 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 09/19/24 11:04 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!